Bear Arms

The Constitution never said shit about being able to bear firearms. It ONLY says arms. If we are reading the Constitution from a literalist perspective, then why are firearms legal in the first place?

Checkmate, fools.

Other urls found in this thread:

english.illinois.edu/-people-/faculty/debaron/essays/guns.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fire arms are critical tools for responsible men to defend their community. Free and responsible men will bear arms. You may not alien this god-given right.

Like you care what a bunch of dead white men wrote about.
Unless, of course, their names were Marx, or Engels...

That's not the only literal perspective, user. I think this is what our founding fathers had in mind, which shows you just how cucked we are.

>firearms = weapons
>weapons = arms
>therefore firearms = arms
Is that so hard to understand?

Since they didn't specify firearms, we can consider arms a generic category to which firearms belongs.

We must legalize non-fire arms such as killdozers

Was this the greatest moment in modern history?

That's really reaching, even for you.
Better take a break now, before things really heat up.
I'll wait.

The legend of killdozer must be kept in American lore for ages

If there's a gun ban and the national guard or cops come to my house to take away my firearms, would it make you feel better if I drove a knife into the neck of the first guy who comes through the door instead of shooting him? When the civil war breaks out and right wing groups capture communist fighters, would you prefer if we bash their heads in with rocks instead of just putting a bullet in them? Tell me, leftist, what are you asking for?

stfu lawyer kike

Read Heller faggot
In all fields

good point. we should be allowed to own, transport and manufacture "destructive devices" as well.

I see nothing differentiating a thermonuclear hydrogen fusion bomb from "arms," qs such all american citizens should be permitted by law to keep and bear them if they can afford them.

bitch.

Firearms IS a type of arms. Semantics. /thread

Your constitution uses the term 'arms' because it's a single word which applies to anything from the humble shank to the most powerful artillery conceived.

>well regulated
>"well equipped" (lies)
>you cant ever regulate me you must ever just equip me
NOOOOOOOOOOOPE. take your fucking gibs ideology and go

To keep and bear arms in those days was like a coat of arms, as in forming an military force, not an individual right to just have weapons.
english.illinois.edu/-people-/faculty/debaron/essays/guns.pdf

Do you think "armed" forces are hindu gods with 100 hands walking around?

>can't even sage right
>thinks the supreme kike isn't a zog infested mouthpiece
They want dumb burgers to have guns so we all kill each other so other countries don't to.

>1 post by this ID
Imagine that...a hit and run gungrabbing shill forum sliding thread.

Exactly anyways the 2nd amendment can be changed. It will eventually, just wait till the youth start voting and old people keep dying off.

Arms means armaments such as cannons, guns so on and so forth.

Can you tell me how arms as a general term for weapons excludes guns?

Low quality.

#BanBlacksfromGuns

bait

OMG! What if founding fathers were talking about Arms (hands) and not Arms (weapons)?!?!!?

sage