Is mangaupdate down?

Is mangaupdate down?

yes no maybe

isup.me

I hope it doesn't come back. The admins seem to have completely quit fixing problems with the site a while ago. Maybe now someone will make a decent replacement.

I don't use it outside of checking my lists and doing basic searches/filtering.
What are your issues with it?

Literally what could possibly not work about a completely straight forward author/plot/sclantions information site? Or is it another case of Sup Forums trying to find something wrong with literally every god damn thing in the world.

>Literally what could possibly not work about a completely straight forward author/plot/sclantions information site?
At the moment, everything. That's what this thread is about in case you hadn't noticed.

Smartass

I hope it stays dead. They literally stopped hosting links to scanlator sites because
>People only come here for the links!
>People don't contribute to our COMMUNITY

The reason for MU to exist died when the copyright fags made him take down links to scanlators.

It was because of DMCA, nigga

Who cares you losers, they still provide very useful information. Just go to the scanlators site.

Just use mangaupdates-urlfix.

Is there any other alternative for manga updates?

Do you expect a retard like that to even know how to use script?

Which aspect of the site are you looking for as an alternative?
Goddess does a reasonably good impression. After all, they scraped directly from MU.

link to the website?

No, they scrape from batoto.

Holy shit you roasted him

They scraped the metadata (synopsis, tags) from MU.

The only real problem they have is non-dmca-abuse-proof admins. They literally removed all goddamn covers for some series at the drop of a hat, not to mention disaster with links and other things.

What is Goddess?

Seriously though, has there been any word anywhere about the site down?

Every time it goes down I hope it means someone is going to build an alternative, but they never do. I read too much shit to even attempt to keep track of it without a release aggregator.

Already been posted in this very thread my man.

I don't recall them ever going down for more than a day or two; am I wrong in that?

Sure, but what is it? a script or a website?

I just want an alternative for manga updates

it's pretty retarded that the pages for scanlators have links for facebook and twitter but not the actual websites

No link, no discoverable name. Just an assumption we all will know what it is already.

It happens too often for them to be the monopoly on this shit.

Good. Centralization is why most resources are dead.

Archive, use it! PLEASE.

Oh come on faggot, i am not using the archive just to find what is that

Just tell me what is it or fuck off

Yeah that's a great way to find this thread.

I assume he means madokami or some other autismal sekrit club

Going to the archive and finding out what it is should have been your first step. Now you've wasted time waiting for a response even though, due to the nature of the topic, it won't come. Once again, go to the archive and you'll find out why you're not getting answers. Being an aggressive nigger while asking questions regarding something you don't know is never a good way of seeking help either.

Anyways, the two sites don't really compare that well so I'm not sure why it was brought up in the first place Baka is fine and does not really need an alternative.

Seriously? Madokami isn't even better than M-U. What a joke.

>I'm not sure why it was brought up in the first place
It uses the same synopses and tags, and it allows you to "watch" series.

Congrats, you've spent ten minutes not telling someone what the FTP is

Do the Japanese have a site like mangaupdates? Not with the scanlation stuff obviously, but just a compendium of info about mangaka, publication info, searchable by genre or tag, maybe with reviews etc? They must have something right?

>only real problem
It's utter shit if you want to use it as a proper manga database, and that's the problem.

Please list changes you would want.
It sounds like an interesting discussion, at least more than the rest of this thread.

Why?

Yeah well baka is fine the way it is and I literally only use it to jump on and look at the number of chapters/vol, who the author/artist is and what else he did. Don't need anything else.

What the fuck is the point of telling someone what something is if he can't use it anyways you monkey? Instead of having ME explain shit, or post a pastebin that I don't have, it's much easier to go to the archive from the get go and get your information directly from the place that also hosts the fucking pastebin and general information on how to use it.

I just want to know what is GODDESS

Why is Sup Forums so fucking autistic?

Not sure why you decided getting mad about all of this was somehow the best course of action to take

At this point it actually has been literally said in this thread, so now you're proving yourself a total fool.

M-U is back up btw.

It's back up
/thread

Are you fucking dumb, bro?This is why no one helps you losers, not because helping is somehow a problem but because you faggots can't even read properly let alone do your own homework.

All I use MU for is a info DB of manga with author info.
Is there more to it?

The tags I suppose but I agree and don't use it for anything else either.

The only person in the thread complaining about the site hasn't bothered to provide any reasons, so I guess not.

It's an FTP server that hosts scanlations

The releases page is the only thing on MU worth your time. That page is amazing and nothing like it exists anywhere else. Very little escapes the notice of the MU releases page. If you aren't just a casual reader of one to two series, it's irreplaceable.

Same for author pages having facebook links but not Pixiv.

If there's something I want, it's a manga version of vgmdb with lists function like on MU.
You can't add oneshots unless they're scanlated now. This alone makes it shit as a DB.

Just use the script

>Do the Japanese have a site like mangaupdates?
I'd like to know this too, especially if it's searchable by tag which is the really useful thing about MU.

Better idea: find a site that isn't run by faggots so you don't need a script.

Why don't you get right on that, since you're not at all afraid of DMCAs.

There's absolutely no reason to be afraid of legal threats if you run everything anonymously which is easy as hell to do with current hosting practices. But then the admins can't collect advertising revenue. (((They))) don't actually give a shit about manga which is why (((they))) don't give a shit if their site sucks.

This used to be a feature on the site, but was removed. I'm sure for a good reason.

MU really needs to be scraped and an alternative made. The mods are fags who bow to paper-thin DMCAs and reject oneshots that aren't scanlated.

Yes, and it's actually pretty well maintained. I don't remember what exactly it was called, but I probably have it bookmarked somewhere. I found it when looking up obscure Garo authors. I'll look for it.

What would the alternative have to do?
Just allow new manga submissions and search?

Please find it.

what's so hard about copy and paste the scanlation name in google. Is 1 minute of your worthless life time not enough to spend?