Are the Evangelion movies worth watching?

Just 3.0

I really enjoyed the second one of rebuild.

Yes. Just watch it.

Yes, but im talking about EoE

>Misato encourages Shinji to carve his own path
>gets pissed when he causes the apocalypse as a result
What did she mean by this?

I'm wondering the same because fuck those last two episodes.

No, the characters are reduced to tropes

EOE. It's like as if Anno himself is sticking his dick in through your ear and fucking your brain

Watch EoE

Alright.

she's a woman

Episode 25 and 26 are amazing even without EoE, fag.

This, why did 3.0 drop the ball so hard even though almost everything up to that point was perfect?

telling someone to follow their dreams don't usually end with triggering the apocalypse

>telling someone to follow their dreams don't usually end with triggering the apocalypse
Yeah but he's done it once already so this wasn't coming out of left field.

to be honest, no one fucking knows what's going on half of the time, certainly not the kids

Why don't people fucking comprehend the timeloop theory. It's so simple.

time travel is a completely shit plot device 96% of the time

This. They are beautifull and full of meanings.
>OMEDETOU!

>timeloop
Isn't it more of a causality loop?

Its easy to comprehend, its just shit. Most writters dont know how to write time travel without fucking everything up.
t. scifi fan

They're worth watching so you can spend days shitting on them.

>Days
1 Decade today.

Yes, just keep in mind they're terrible compared to the original series. You just have to accept the fact that most of the characters are downgraded (Misato, Asuka) or simply mischaracterized (Rei, Shinji) for the sake of being movie length.

Characters like Misato and Asuka are very underplayed, their character traits are basically reduced to their tropes and all the subtleties are erased. The movies are strangely far more fixated on Shinji and Rei, however they act like completely different individuals compared to NGE. 3.33 also develops on Kaworu a bit more, which isn't bad per-say, it's just that 3.33 as a film has a couple of core issues. The best in the series is the first one for me, since it's just remastered NGE episodes.

Yes

If we're talking about Near Third Impact, Shinji did literally exactly what he was fucking told to. Then all the adults in charge started acting like retarded children and treating Shinji like human garbage because they're so unable to admit their own mistakes that they stayed mad continuously for literally 14 years.

If we're talking about Fourth Impact guess fucking what it wouldn't have happened if the adults didn't act like dipshits.

Worth watching but they are trash compared to original series + EoE.

this

They're pretty mindless panderinf material so sure, why not?

I feel sorry for posters like this. "The best in the series is the first one"... why even watch the rebuilds then. Just rewatch NGE on loop for the rest of your life because you can't possibly handle a different direction with the show. It's just so pathetic.

They arent worth but you will anyway.

They weren't mad at him for Third Impact, they were afraid of woke Evas like Ritsuko explained and Misato was that harsh with everybody. Asuka didn't even blame him for 4th, slapping her around, and the destruction of Unit 02, the last minute of the movie was her acting like she did in 2.22.

Pretend 3.0 doesn't exist and just watch the other ones

Thats because shikinami loves shinji like a fucking generic anime girl, yet another problem inherited from 2.22

Doubt it, she literally tried to kill him

I like you, user. You are a nice guy.