Love your enemies

love your enemies

Other urls found in this thread:

checkluther.com/wp-content/uploads/1526-Whether-Soldiers-Too-Can-Be-Saved.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. If your enemy slaps your face, rapes your children and destroy your property - show then your other cheek, your other children and your second house.

t. christcuck

Matthew 1:1-17

I welcome them all with my nuclear arms

i love the jews enough that i want them to finally learn to farm and build and care for themselves . .which since their modern origins as liquor salesmen and usurers in eastern europe they have never yet learned to do. they can do this in israel, they should all go and find themselves and finally learn independence and become "real boys".

Jesus loves you bro. Bend over and fill that void with him.

actually Jesus told his disciples to buy swords to protect themselves and their property in self defence before he was takin to the cross.

I agree. My enemy will never make me live by their rules of engagement.

>Bend over

Alright. Just make it quick please

if i managed to escape the priests dick i'm gonna keep all of them away from me, faaaaagoot

>Just make it quick please

Heaven is forever. Jesus is waiting.

Fool me once kike.

>43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Sup Forums needs to be more accepting of niggers and spics. Its what jesus would have wanted

I know you guys like to meme about cursed images, but you shouldn't post things like that.

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Sup Forums really needs to stop resisting. Its what jesus would have wanted

no

wait...is this the Sweden constitution?

I knew this sounded familiar.

Civil disobediance works great in certain contexts.

> If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also
this was a later addition and reason why I can't trust anything printed by a zionist

Jesus certainly did.

I see you kike

Discipline is an aspect of love. It's about time for some tough love.

Nice try but the first part is answered in 45 "that you may be children of your Father in heaven." You're wishing your enemy to become like you.

The phrase "do not resist" more directly translates to "do no square off". Don't fight a strong foe directly. Jesus is referring to roman era laws and customs, to turn the other cheek and be slapped is recognition as an equal, something roman soldiers wouldn't do. The romans could force defeated foes to go one mile, any further and the roman would be punished.

Why do people think that stuff like this upsets Christians? We wear the crucified son of God as a chain.

why

Matthew 10:16 “Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves. Be ye therefore wise as serpents and harmless as doves".

Go ahead and pretend that it doesn't.

It certainly would have when I were christian.

Luther instructs us otherwise though.

>Although slaying and robbing do not seem to be a work of love, and therefore a simple man thinks it not a Christian thing to do, yet in truth even this is a work of love. By way of illustration, a good
physician, when a disease is so bad and so great that he has to cut off a hand, foot, ear, eye, or let it decay, does so, in order to save the body. Looked at from the point of view of the member that he cuts off, he seems a cruel and merciless man; but looked at from the point of view of the body, which he intends to save, it turns out that he is a fine and true man and does a work that is good and
Christian, as far as it goes. In the same way, when I think of the office of soldier, how it punishes the wicked, slays the unjust, and creates so much misery, it seems an unchristian work and entirely contrary to Christian love; but if I think of how it protects the good and keeps and preserves house and home, wife and child, property and honor and peace, then it appears how precious and godly this work is, and I observe that it cuts off a leg or a hand, so that the whole body may not perish. For if the sword were not on guard to preserve peace, everything in the world must go to ruin because of lack of peace. Therefore, such a war is only a little, brief lack of peace that prevents an everlasting and immeasurable lack of peace, a small misfortune that prevents a great misfortune.

>When men write about war, then, and say that it is a great plague, that is all true; but they should also see how great the plague is that it prevents. If people were good, and glad to keep peace, war would be the greatest plague on earth; but what are you going to do with the fact that people will not keep peace, but rob, steal, kill, outrage women and children, and take away property and honor?

You wear the crucifix, but are you saved?

Mark 12:31

What is said here is one of the most powerful statements in this Earth. That this one commandment is above all others. New, old, and eternal.

That we do not have the strength to follow this commandment is why we are corroding as a people.

Maybe that's why your not a Christian anymore. Whoever taught you, failed you.

continued

>The small lack of peace, called war, or the sword, must set a check upon this universal, world-wide lack of peace, before which no one could stand. Therefore God honors the sword so highly that He calls it His own ordinance, and will not have men say or imagine that they have invented it or instituted it. For the hand that wields this sword and slays with it is then no more man’s hand, but God’s, and it is not man, but God, who hangs, tortures, beheads, slays and fights. All these are His
works and His judgments. In a word, in thinking of the soldier’s office, we must not have regard to the slaying, burning, smiting, seizing, etc. That is what the narrow, simple eyes of children do, when they see in the physician only a man who cuts off hands or saws off legs, but do not see that he does it to save the whole body. So, too, we must look at the office of the soldier, or the sword, with grown-up eyes, and see why it slays and acts so cruelly. Then it will prove itself to be an office that, in itself, is godly, as needful and useful to the world as eating and drinking or any other work.

I don't understand what you're saying. Stop implying shit and come out with it faggot.

>if you kill your
enemies they win

checkluther.com/wp-content/uploads/1526-Whether-Soldiers-Too-Can-Be-Saved.pdf

I'm so sick of you gutter vipers spreading this lie.
It's not as if you are ignorant of the truth either. You just refuse to reassess and continue on as you have because that is the way you chose. Keyword: chose.
You can choose to learn or you choose to not. Each has it's rewards and consequences.
You have been given the truth now yet again
through
So choose again. Choose carefully. Choose correctly.
Because the wheat WILL be separated from the chaff.

thanks for this

The significance of this is that you should love their enemies but you should hate their sin. Our goal is to erase the sin not necessarily the people from which the sin becomes manifested

Do you believe you are a sinner in need of a savior?
Do you believe there is nothing you can do to atone for you sins?
Do you believe that Christ paid for your sins? And have you put your faith in Him?

Jesus did not say that if someone strikes you on the jaw you should get up off the floor and hold up the other side of your face for a target. No; how foolish and ridiculous that would be! A slap is not intended to injure physically but only to insult or provoke into a fight. What Jesus was saying was that, if anyone tried to provoke you into a fight or an argument, by either literally slapping you with an open hand or stinging you with insulting words, it would be wrong for you to retaliate. “Return evil for evil to no one. ... Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good.” Peter said that Christians would not be “paying back injury for injury or reviling for reviling, but, to the contrary, bestowing a blessing, because you were called to this course, so that you might inherit a blessing.”—Rom. 12:17, 21; 1Pet. 3:9.

Why?

>(1 Peter 4:4) Because YOU do not continue running with them in this course to the same low sink of debauchery, they are puzzled and go on speaking abusively of YOU.

When you refuse to provoke, insult, or offend back this makes you distinct from them and exposes them as the hypocrites and evil ones. That's why you turn the other cheek; it is to not fall for their demand for retaliation so they can make you look as bad as them.

Not sure what you're getting at. Are you implying Christians don't, or cannot take offense?

wow guess the nazis were actually in the wrong this whole time. good to know

>When you refuse to provoke, insult, or offend back this makes you distinct from them and exposes them as the hypocrites and evil ones. That's why you turn the other cheek; it is to not fall for their demand for retaliation so they can make you look as bad as them.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work if the other party intends to take advantage of your passiveness. Case in point is bullying. Passivity will only bring on more bullying.

Yes.
No.
Yes.
Yes.
I love Jesus.

Jesus died on the cross that you be absolved of original sin, why do the left universally demand a guilty conscience towards the sins of our fathers?

A proper Christian does not have the ability to feel an insult because they don't matter.

I do but I also love my life.
Also based Church, obliterating anti-gun fags.

>catholics

Where is that written?

Matthew 7:21-23

Hope you embrace the truth before its too late user.

This is based on a Gandhi quote, it has no basis in the Bible.

>Trying to make sense of the story of Horus with new name.

kek

Exactly. That’s the wrong way to go about it. As you can see the Jews are even more powerful than before Hitler as a result of his actions. To erase sin is more complex than simply killing people. As Christ demonstrated you need to cause a paradigm shift in all beings

>Heretics

DID SOMEBODY SAY HORUS THREAD!?

Yeah, no shit.

I mean, even Jesus himself got offended at times... His disruption at the temple for example.

theyre only more powerful becuase they werent all eradicated.

offended at the abuse of the temple, not of an insult to himself

>being a person who has this jpg
>not kysing for being a homo
>confusing xians for muslims who get offended on behalf of their prophet
>isis is coming, the rooftops are already here
smdh

homosexuals want to foist their degeneracy on you, as do all degenerates. its homo 101 senpai.

Why does it need to be written? It's an obvious trait of Christianity due to Christianity being anti materialist in nature. Insults don't matter, pain doesn't matter, tragedy doesn't matter, and death doesn't matter. Why should I care about something that has no effect in the greater scheme of things?

Uh, isn't the abuse of the temple an insult to himself as god?

>Unfortunately, this doesn't work if the other party intends to take advantage of your passiveness. Case in point is bullying. Passivity will only bring on more bullying.

Jesus wasn't teaching to be a pacifist. Jesus was teaching here that if anyone was trying to provoke you into a heated argument or fight they were doing so to publicly discredit you and to use you to trick bystanders how morally inferior you were.

Bullying is not done to discredit an enemy. That's a whole different issue. Yes, it is true liberals bully but that's done because that's the only way they can silence opposition with evidence. That's why they would bully Ben Shapiro by calling him a Nazi. They were trying to bully him into silence because they couldn't rationally prove him wrong.

The classical bullying you are talking about has nothing to do with morality and intellectual opposition. T

Pray for those who persecute you. Flee from any appearance of evil. Christ was in direct conflict , even though this approach is taken it resulted in his execution. Reality is and Christ states it that we are to judge correctly

Here.

>i mean
Basically every redditer writes this way. Go back.

You can be offended by crass depictions of Jesus. To say otherwise is dumb. Righteous anger, not anger from pride.

No, he was correcting actions using appropriate action. It has nothing to do with insults. He used the best tactic to drive through his point.

>Start worshipping your true God, Horus, and stop being a Jew.

Anger from insults is anger from pride. There is nothing righteous about getting angry from a drawing.

So a true Christian feels no pain when a family member is killed? When their savior is mocked in front of them in the most horrific ways?
Bullshit straight from the cows ass. They may be able to disregard such feelings as a production of fallen man, but I very much doubt they feel nothing.

There may be no reason to fee such pain in Christianity, but instincts and human nature can't be that easily destroyed.

You must be new here.

No thanks Christcuck. You should go back to Israel with the kikes.

YOu must be new here.

In Mount Athos a monk is not permitted to leave for a funeral of a family member. The understanding in Christianity is that death is not a tragedy, but instead the next step towards being.

>Horus

You have jewish sources. Drink bleach.

kek

So tossing over tables is the appropriate action? Not preaching? Reasoning? Even preforming a miracle or something?

No, clearly having a fit is most appropriate.
Tossing over tables is almost the definition of getting angry.

The difference is that Jesus actually existed. Jesus embodied good in every culture around the world and that's why he is God.

>quads

You can't take pride in Jesus? Be angry when people dishonor Him? He came not to bring peace but a sword. You view Christianity as a Western buddhism, but it's not. It has teeth. We're all just beggars in the hands of an ANGRY God

Yes but even the temporary loss of someones company is significant cause for pain. Especially for possibly decades or half a century.

>He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.” The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.” “That’s enough!” he replied.

He wasn't telling the disciples to protect themselves, he was telling them to make "transgressor" costumes in order to fulfill prophesy, and apparently two swords was plenty to do that.

Later when Peter actually tries to USE one of the swords as more than just a prop, he is rebuked:

>“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword."

He was speaking to money lenders, they would have lied to him and said that they would change. By destroying their bank, he destroyed the material that was corrupting them. It's like if your mother destroyed your favorite toy because you hit your brother when he wanted to play with it.

>Buddha: “If anyone should give you a blow with his hand, with a stick, or with a knife, you should abandon any desires and utter no evil words.” Majjhima Nikaya 21:6
Wow so wise, but what else would you expect from such a noble Aryan religion :)

>Jesus: “If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also.”
REEEEEEEEEE

There is little evidence for a person known as Jesus existing in history. Jesus is thought to have lived from about 7BC to 33AD in the Roman Empire. However, there is little to no mention of the supposed messiah in the 126 texts written in the first to third centuries. Only one mention of Jesus was present in a book by Roman historian Josephus Flavius but this was added by later editors.

The Christian myth is just another one of many myths. So what makes it so special? Nothing, nothing at all! Billions of people through the history of mankind have thought that their religion was the correct one. Greek mythology, the religion of its day, is now ridiculed and laughed at for its ridiculous claims made because of ignorance. We are now living in the time of Christian mythology and enjoying all if its ridiculous and very ignorant claims.

Also leaving this here

"Holy Scripture must be understood in the light of what Christ and the saints have actually practiced. Christ did not offer His other cheek, nor Paul either. Thus to interpret the injunction of the Sermon on the Mount literally is to misunderstand it. This injunction signifies rather the readiness of the soul to bear, if it be necessary, such things and worse, without bitterness against the attacker. This readiness our Lord showed, when He gave up His body to be crucified. That response of the Lord was useful, therefore, for our instruction." (In John 18, lect. 4, 2) - St. Aquinas

This is where the Buddhist say that everything is suffering. If everything is suffering, then why focuse so much on it? A proper Christian is disciplined enough to understand the true nature of the world and the truth of the afterlife.

>jesus actually existed
>existed
He still exists today. He never stopped nor started existing.
>embodied good in every culture
Wrong. Many a culture is wicked and there's a reason the jews voted to have Him killed.
He's God whether we like it or not, whether we accept it or not. It doesn't matter how cultures view Him

You dishonor Him with your pride and lack of faith in His judgement.

Fuck off cuck.

So this is what nu/pol/ has become. I remember a time when people would get ridiculed for falling for the Zeitgeist meme

Wouldn't (and didn't) the pharisees do the same, lying and not changing? Why preach to the pharisees and not the common people?

Also, one man turning over their tables one day isn't going to completely destroy their business.

Always show compassion for your enemies because they are flawed humans just like yourself. But never under any circumstance tolerate evil. You *will* be hated and persecuted for your intolerance of evil.

no