Career Killers

ITT series that killed the creators career.

4 years later and it's still on "hiatus" and the creator hasn't done anything else in that time.

Fuck this series and fuck this author. I'm glad it will never be finished.

>Worst girl win early
Well duh he deserve it.

Fucking deserve it

Fuck the guy who thought it was a good idea to turn VNs with different heroines routes and mash into harem series with unsactisfactory endings and everyone who took them as base for their pseudo-harem series with half of the cast getting heart broken

Good, hope he never works again.

It's nice to see everyone agree that this author deserves what he got.

what is this about?

>Take a fun lighthearted harem
>Turn MC into a giant faggot out of nowhere
>Alienate the entire harem for no reason
Based publisher-kun saving us from his retarded author.

Maid best girl

novels with this kind of face / art style for the cover never ends well

Now I shouldn't judge a book by its cover but there seems to be many cases of it

Ok.
Basically the MC manages to get a harem, there are so many flags pointing towards a harem ending, Hell even the MAIN FUCKING HEROINE was ok with it. Then in the last 2 volumes the faggot MC was like "lel XD I love only you Luna and I'm just going to completely reject the harem like a faggot" leaving even the main heroine shocked. I am sure the author thought he was "clever" for such a tweeeest, but it blew up in his face hard and rightfully so.

Don't forget volumes of the LN getting the girls to accept the harem end and even effort put in to get the MC's mother to accept the harem end. Then single girl end out of nowhere. Yeah. I would be pretty angry too.

I didn't even know about that bit. Now I'm even more pissed.

Luna was my favorite girl so I was okay with that, but essentially turning everything between the first volume and the last 2 into the MC just leading everybody on forever just makes the author and the MC seem like a giant asshole

Maybe he took off time to write a monster R18 epilogue where Shinobu has a 6some?

He's probably working under a different name. It's not like people who drag their names through the mud can't just stard fresh under a different name.

What was that one Demon lord harem that ended up killing all the fan favorite characters and going full meta it's a light novel in the end?
At least the manga made up for it by having a proper satisfactory ending.

What is it with all these manga and LN authors and fucking up the endings seemingly on purpose? I mean they read this kind garbage so it's really not that hard to please fans and write something that won't leave a sour taste in their mouth just a simple happily ever after at least and just fucking move on to writing something else, why go for things that piss people off? You write shameless wish fulfillment schlock for 10 volumes and suddenly feel the need to force a message down the readers throats, drown them in drama, torture the characters or put a dumb twist at the end to try and stand out from the other trash.
If a writer wants to put a twist at the end of the series I think they should all take notes from SZS, a legitimately great twist, subtly hinted at through the entire series and slowly unveiled over the final 10 chapters ontop of not being offensive to the fans who followed and supported the series throughout the years.

You've got to be fucking kidding me

Shinobu was a cool troll on early volumes, but he becomes a generic one when the girls goes full offensive.

>What was that one Demon lord harem that ended up killing all the fan favorite characters and going full meta it's a light novel in the end?
Color Wars, I believe. Or Demon King Daimaou if you want the non-meme title. Got fan translated by js06 and also recently licensed for some reason. Iirc the author was going through a hard time in his life when he wrote the ending.

The Black Bullet anime was apparently so traumatic for the LN author that he went underground and hasn't been heard from since 2013. There hasn't been a new volume released in all that time after volume 7 was a shorter stopgap side story volume. Most of the series setup plot points will probably never be resolved.

I don't see the problem with this

I dont even read the last two volume of a japanese series for this reason

I just know they'll fuck it up
right before it looks like the exciting conclusion is near I fucking drop it

>The Black Bullet anime was apparently so traumatic for the LN author that he went underground
Why? Was there anything wrong with it? I remember watching it and not really having a problem with it. It ended with the non loli girl going full edge killing her enemy and acting kind of crazy but other than that nothing special really happened.

If Wakaki's career isn't dead yet, it really should be.

The author was a fucking idiot. It's a damn shame too since I really liked some of the characters.

This LN was on hiatus because author got truck'd

Hopefully in hell.

Is it still worth reading this and just stopping before the end?

He apparently had a meltdown from the stress and pressure of trying to juggle both writing and supervising the anime at the same time, plus the negative reactions to the anime, writing became painful and he stopped.

>plus the negative reactions to the anime
What? I don't remember the reception being that bad.

You're a fucking meanie and I hope you step on a plug made of lego.

I liked this series through the part where Luna won. The problem was that the author didn't know how to write anything other than generic harem shit and couldn't keep the story interesting after breaking the cardinal rule of harem series.

He said their CAREER.

It's a pretty fun SoL until the author loses his mind.

How many volumes were there? I only read up to Vol 12 like 3 years ago.

Did he kill himself or something?
Story?

Grow up it's your job fucker get thicker skin and work or get back to bagging groceries.

Author died before he finishes the LN. MM even stops at a good cliffhanger where someone confess to the MC, if I remember it right.

Maid best girl.

I like what you're doing.

Shes willing to go with Shinobu's joke thats why.

Wait the fuck up
So the author just killed all the characters for no reason??
I was planning to read the novels

We can go further.

Is that Kaze no Stigma?
rip

Read the manga!
e
a
d

T
h
e

M
a
n
g
a
!

Do yourself a favor and just read the manga and forget the LN exists it did everything better especially the ending.

This should have killed her career. Goddamn I hate Hoshino.

>muh harem ending

You faggots shouldn't be reading this trash. It's embarrassing honestly.

Well it's your own fault for missing out.

man, imagine to love-ru going down that path

>not wanting to be eternally buttblasted
Fag.

And where is the problem? Harem endings are shit, I only see the problem with the author trying to force the mutual acceptance on all the girls instead of just doing it.

But the fact that the MC grows balls and decided a girl to stay with it's actually good instead of the ''I HAVE A HAREM LOL I'M A TRUE MAN IT WAS MY WISH ALL MY LIFE XD''

But yeah, I can understand why the nips didn't like it along with all the people with horrible taste like them.

Isn't it like to love-ru?

Every time. The poor author died making the worst possible cliffhanger to the series too.

You can read the novels, just don't read the last one.

This piece of turd.
I highly doubt Hata will be able to be successful with manga after the fiasco HnG turned out to be.

I still can't believe the ending Hina got.
Even Ruka got a nice emotional ending to the shitshow of doujin Namek.
Fuck Hata.

Sora no Seiyuu seems to be moderately popular, though.

The funniest thing Hina was the one who saved the day at the end.

He only does the illustrations for that one.

Don't remind me. I'm still mad over how easily A-tan dropped out of the bowl.

School Rumble.

Why is it so hard for artists to write?
You already wrote an entire series of harem antics why not just end it that way instead of just creating drama?

Who cares if I like these kinds of series nothing wrong with having guilty pleasures whatever floats your boat you shouldn't pretend not to like things you actually do. It's not like you also can't enjoy better shit at the same time.

Does he ends with the white haired girl or ended on harem?

People got mad because it was a bait and switch that used multiple novels to set up a punch line, if he chose the main girl normally I wouldn't have given a fuck along with I assume majority of the fans.

>
But the fact that the MC grows balls and decided a girl to stay with it's actually good instead of the ''I HAVE A HAREM LOL I'M A TRUE MAN IT WAS MY WISH ALL MY LIFE XD''
If it's not your thing just ignore it it not that big of a deal let people enjoy what they want without trying to act above it all from the same shithole we all inhabit.

TLR was an open ending and Rito tried to reject Lala but he actually couldn't go through with it in the end.

LNs are a step removed from drawing inside the lines of a coloring book. Baby shit.

Fuck off back to your 3x3 thread.

She probably spend some quality time with Ashihara in the Hospital

He deserved it. He's a hack of a writer and the entire premise was a ridiculous idea.

Rip..

Read the manga instead.

>But the fact that the MC grows balls
He doesn't grow balls, he becomes a cunt who had just been leading all the girls on.

>But yeah, I can understand why the nips didn't like it along with all the people with horrible taste like them.
Why are anti-haremfags some of the most obnoxious people on this board?

HEY
ANYONE REMEMBER THIS SHIT?
This didn't just end the career of an entire anime studio, this ended the career of a VIDEO GAME studio who had absolutely nothing to do with it!

LITERALLY the worst thing ever made.

Because they're retards who can't separate fiction from reality. Every time you ask them why harem ends are bad they say the same thing "in the real world harems don't work." Then they go on about how 3dpd would get jealous if they were in a harem and it would fall apart. As if any of that matters in fiction.

I wish Negima had killed Akamatsu's career. I cannot fathom how people, even here on Sup Forums, can appreciate the complete shit that is UQ Holder, especially after Negima's "ending".

Not sure if this killed his career or if he was just a one hit wonder, but his most recent manga only lasted 2 volumes.

never heard of it, sounds like a fun clusterfuck though.

It is anything but fun.
Each episode is five minutes long, but I struggled to get through all six of them.

Spotted Flower

I wish this killed their career.

that reminds me, what about Maga Tsuki, did it end? I feel like I remeber something aboout Childhood friend end or maybe it was a harem.

Maga-tsuki had a harem end. Childhood friend was the legal wife.

I've never posted about it but I don't like harem stuff because it just seems like embarrassing levels of wish-fulfillment, like I'm accidentally getting a glimpse of the most primal, impotent dreams of an average guy who I have nothing against, potentially alongside his search-history.

If I'm watching something I don't want to have 'was the writer really lonely or something' lurking in the back of my mind over something that's usually presented as funny and lighthearted. No shame to people who do like it but I can't live vicariously through fictional characters like that, so I end up feeling like I'm seeing something that's none of my business instead.

>I can't live vicariously through fictional characters like that
Neither can I, but I still enjoy harem endings. Harem endings are happy endings, and that's why they're good. Instead of having to watch the girls I've come to like get hurt by MC turning them down I'd much rather have a harem end where all the characters are happy.

>Harem endings are happy endings
This. Most harems are comedies anyway, so I don't know why so many creators think they need the end to be super serious.

Posting about Tsuki-Tsuki is the wrong choice for this, user. The outragr wasn't becausr of no harem end. If that were so, you'd see preorders for harem romcoms like Nisekoi drop by 95% like what happened to Tsuki-Tsuki. Otaku can take their favorite girl losing. What otaku can't take is being bait-and-switched. The author baited so damn hard. Spent a few volumes developing the each haremite to be okay with a harem end, spent part of one to gey MC's mom to accept harrm end. Not even vague development too. Outright getting thr girls themselves to accrpt each other and be willing to share with each other. Then the author turns all those volumes around and goes 'lol single girl end actually'. Cardinal sin number 1 when selling to otaku. You don't bait and switch them.

what happened to good old comedy harem genre like Yomeiro Choice anyway?

modern harems are aither total dramafest or boring shit

Wasn't it axed? The ending was sort of abrupt.

>harem endings are shit
Opinion discarded. There aren't that many harem endings to begin with that one could form an active dislike about them.
>embarrassing levels of wish-fullfillment
Then I suppose characters getting rich in a story is wish fulfilment, or perhaps a character becoming the leader of a nation? Hell the wish-fulfilment card could be used against any genre as some people do earnestly desire these things but are unable to obtain it, thus reading to vent their desire.

It was targeted by the morality laws. That's why the author went ham with the ending.

That author is a hero.

Did Tsuki Tsuki's preorders actually drop by 95%? If so it's no wonder it hasn't been finished.

Yes. It's doomed to be in forever hiatus state because of the author.

good

Marriage destroyer