Read this

>read this
>want to climb mountains
>tfw 300lbs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f_4Q9Iv7_Ao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Start by climbing stairs.

Before you climb mountains how about you climb the steps to your local gym, at a constant rate first?

There's no more fulfilling feeling than climbing mountains. One of my biggest regrets is moving from the Rocky Mountains to fucking NYC. Hit the gym and once you've lightened up, hit the rocks.

there's no gyms where I live, everyone is fat

That's a fat persons excuse. Run outside like our ancestors did

I hear running is bad for fat people knees, I try to avoid it.

>NYC
Sounds miserable, aside from the overpriced food.

Then go on brisk walks and stop eating so much.

>300lbs

Jesus, isn't that considered a disability?

I have never connected so fundamentally with a manga, and I'm not even a climber (yet). Something about his struggle is just so compelling. I can't see why this manga isn't more popular, the average Sup Forums user should be able to empathize pretty heavily with Mori's feelings of isolation and alienation, physical ability notwithstanding. Easily my favorite manga.

Holyland also gives me similar vibes. Maybe it's the way they're both pretty grounded in reality.

Go to /fit/, read the sticky. Losing weight is all about calorie intake, it may be difficult but it's not impossible. Do what the other user said, if you don't want a one-way ticket to snap city, try something less impactful, like in-water calisthenics, or the stairmaster/elliptical. I believe in you OP.

Stop drinking sugary drinks. Drink water.
Biking is fun

I used to weigh 300+ pounds.
Now I weigh sub 200, live part time in the north of Norway hiking shit every day.

Stop making excuses. Get your diet on lock, or rather start eating at a deficit. It's honestly not that hard. Throw out all your soda and snacks. Put your bread in the freezer, that way you'll have time to think twice while thawing it. Find the things you crave and throw them out.

At the same time start walking at least a hour per day. Do it more out of enjoyment than for workout. Doing this it will be much easier transitioning into working out for real later on.

When you drop at least 50 pounds start doing heavy squats, bench presses, deadlifts and overhead presses. Space this out 3-5 days per week. Do it compound, skip the machines.

If you commit you too could scale mountains in a years time.

You'd have to go outside though...

It is. If I had any prospects elsewhere I'd move out. Cities were a mistake.

start doing drugs and climb the mountains of madness your mind

>Kokou no Hito
>Holyland
My dude, you hit the nail on the head for my favorite manga. I think about these two series regularly. You've got great tastes.

>want to climb mountains
>100m tall and 164,000lbs

Yama no susume and Made in abyss is my motivation for climbing mountains.

Thanks, you too man. It's weird, for as much as I like to indulge in fantastical series and premises, nothing I've watched or read has come close to evoking the same feelings in me as Holyland/KnH. I'm desperately looking for other media to fill that same niche.

>want to climb mountains
>has no friends

It's a great manga and compelled me to start lifting along with the first arc of Shamo and Berserk.

>pic related is me before i started lifting

thanks anons, I'll try

I lost my fat. It hurt a lot and was really hard but I did it. I still look like shit but at least I could climb a mountain if I wanted to.

should I just carry around a giant backpack 24/7?

Oddly enough one thing that, while it didn't quite fill a niche, tingled the same bone as Holyland/KnH was Made In Abyss, and I say it's funny because it's all about the most fantastical adventures in a practically magical realm. It partly had the exploration and satisfaction of reaching somewhere no one else had before, while also having the infodump charm of Holyland and Jisatsutou. It's not nearly as introspective as either of them but it does fill you up for a bit. I suppose I'm also looking for a series that does the isolated protagonist very good as well.

Where you at?
>want to climb mountain
>scared of falling while alone and dying

>want to climb mountain
>no mountains in my area to climb
And so I run through subway tunnels.
>captcha: subway frazier

I have a friend who's pretty big and he makes it up mountains with us it just takes him longer you can do it bud

What mountains do yu climb?

That just sounds like a long hike, I want to climb rocks.

This one we did last year took us about 3 hours to the top he had to stop and rest all the time we were about an hour behind the rest of our group

those are rocks you can climb

Since we're talking about mountains, you should watch Yama no Susume too. It is too cute. I too am a fat fuck. Nowhere near 300 pounds, but still too big. It's been since my teenage Years since I last did any sort of climbing.

Climbed this recently.
Climbing more soon.
Mountains are the best.

When you start seeing progress it's going to be easier. Remember to accept being hungry. Gandhi hunger striked for a total of 120 days and he wasn't a fat fuck to begin with, so you could probably survive a day or two without food!

Climbing mountains is worthless because you eventually have to climb back down and live off of your neetbucks or your hated 9 to 5 job.

>want to climb
>do not like heights
>get vertigo every fucking time
REEEEEE

bouldering just aint the same

Swim.

my motivation for exercising is literally just that heroes aren't fat and I want to be ready to go on an adventure even though it's never going to happen.

if you wanna climb mountains then start just doing something every day. also whenever you eat something ask yourself if the temporary pleasure from snacking is worth the calories it contains. sometimes the answer is yes - you're not going to be able to just stop eating all the shit you've eaten your whole life, so just try to eat less of it.

how do I climb away from my problems, user?

You can do it, user!

/fit/ sticky has some good information and is worth reading if you want dietary and general weight loss advice.

when you get to the top you just keep climbing.

How bad is it? Like if you're even near an edge?

I'm following MiA, I enjoy it a ton, but not for the same reasons as KnH. For me, MiA scratches that dungeon-diver/exploration itch, Dungeon Meshi as well.

I didn't know about Jisatsutou, how is it? Seems like it handles a lot of the same themes, albeit in an extraordinary environment.

I was thinking of picking up Historie, it seems right up there what with the historically-inspired protagonist. I also need to read Strongest Legend Kurosawa (somehow I haven't yet), I've heard that captures a lot of the same feels as well.

Will definitely second this. Swimming is a really good way to burn calories and is super low-impact. If you live near a pool it can be a great option.

Even just pushing yourself to walk (especially up hills) can burn calories pretty well. If you keep at it you'll notice substantial stamina gains after even only a few weeks (but you should keep pushing yourself!)

u r a mountain lol

Okay, what do you suggest? I've tried a bunch of stuff already.

>tfw flipland
>mountains fucking everywhere
>mfw its too hot and your fucking too tired when you reach the top its not worth it

i wish i had friends

>>tfw 300lbs

i had a friend like this, its not about the weight. its the will power. also dont start climbing 4/9 difficulty or above

All these excuses will keep you at 300lbs. Eat healthier, get more exercise and you'll drop weight guaranteed. It's not rocket science you just gotta man the fuck up and stop bitching. Also, don't expect immediate results. If you start now within a week you'll drop atleast 2-5 lbs depending on what you do. Your mountains will come later.

sounds difficult

I'm done with you. People like you make me sick. Mostly because I was there once and the self loathing attitude is only making you worse off than you should be. Have fun eating Cheetos.

Kokou no Hito was a great manga, and I imagine that many anons would identify with it. In particular, I remember the scene where the MC rejoins society after a long time on his own, and he just feels like an absolute out-of-place monster.

>projecting this hard

>want to climb mountains
>too poor to climb

Losing weight is as easy as eating less. You literally have to do nothing to lose weight. It doesn't get easier than that.

Eat less, once you're ~200 lb, start running.

Nice blog, fuck off.

I would've been your friend if you weren't feels posting.

That chapter where it shows a reality where Mori lives a normal life and college experience, only to show him having a breakdown in the last page hit me so hard.

Running is bad for all people knees senpai

cut sugar
avoid 'healthy foods' that contain sugar like OJ and yoghurt
youtube.com/watch?v=f_4Q9Iv7_Ao

strange, this manga made me fantasise climbing mountains, but for the solitude it brings

even if i did get my act together, i would only be able to reach or take on hiking paths that are probably popular and constantly inhabited

Go keto and ruck

ah, i remember the first time i started working out some years ago. I still remember the congested feeling and the bright light before passing out. Good times.

>introduce the guy in the coma, MCs friend
>introduce a guy that looks like the MCs coma friend as a rival
>coma guy never gets mentioned again
>don't see the other guy until the end

I enjoyed it, but I can't lie, the constant jumping around in the timeline and seemingly dropped plot points confused the fuck out of me.

>>tfw 300lbs

You're ready.

How many scoops?

>unironically being fat

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAH

UNTIL THE BAG IS FINISHED

Man, this manga is amazing, it's one of my favorites. Themes of loneliness hit home pretty accurately. I remember that i was mad at the ending when i first read it, but after reading it again recently i think it was pretty good ending, i think he deserved happiness.

I think it was 2 creator team when it started, first 20 chapters feels more like regular shounen manga, but then artist takes over, i believe there was some court shit about it. Anyway, after that manga became hundred times more interesting.

no, that's retarded and a surefire way to destroy your knees.

I actually live right by an amazing place to hike but because I live so close to NYC the area is slowly getting worse.
All the rich assholes from NYC are moving here and acting like they own the place.
I just want a peaceful life in my small rural town.

Get into grooming little girls for sex. You won't realize it at first, but you will naturally lose weight and become more healthy because subconsciously you will want to look better as a roll model for her. Also you will be spending time and working grooming her instead of thinking about eating.

If you don't know any local kids, join the YMCA or local rotary club and you can make inroads with them there.

>fit
>good climber
>poor as fuck, will never be able to afford trad gear let alone mountaineering gear

>Trail mix
>Snickers

Really?

I've seen 300 pounders climb mountains and I've seen 130 pounders bitch out.

>I can't see why this manga isn't more popular,
Serious mangas with a lot of tragedy and dialogue are not for everyone.

>he had to stop and rest all the time
You are a superior human being for taking him with you regardless.

Excuses, excuses...
But if you want to go little effort; little reward, just cut sugar drinks.
I was almost 100kg (while begin 190cm though), ive stopped drinking cola and two months later boom, 92kg without any other lifestyle change.
Sugar is your enemy, fatty.

Try nordic walking or so ? If you live in Scotland or so should be easy to find a good hill or even a mountain.

>300 pounds

Just try to touch your feet

You've never hiked or trekked or something? These snacks are really great because they don't weight much and are packed with calories. About the best thing you can take with you when you are climbing up high all day.

Good energy snacks

I was talking about the drugs part.

This have to be a really stupid panel. How the fuck you become one with the mountain?

Psychedelics for mindfuckery, like LSD or mushrooms. Dissociatives for pure weirndess without much sense.

LSD is weak, mushrooms are not as effective as I'd like but I'm not downing like 10g of this shit.

>he doesn't join Brotherhoods
>He never join Knights of Columbus trips to the mountain and roasted meat with them.
>he never sang "Anak' while dancing bare naked near a bonfire with his bros
pleb

They can be as strong as you want them to be by adjusting the dose. I would like to see you try 300mcgs of LSD and say it's weak.

That being said, if you want strong experiences, try DMT. If you are not impressed by it, I would suggest joining some Somali pirates to get your kicks.

That sounds really gay. You can't deceive us calling them bros.

I have done above 500mcgs of LSD and while it wasn't weak, it's the same as smaller doses where it's only the first few hours where it's hard to keep a grip on reality. You can't take in anything that's happening very well.

DMT's trip is too short. It's about as strong as what I would like but it doesn't last nearly long enough realistically.

Ever heard of ayahuasca? It's basically DMT with a MAO-inhibitor. This allows it to be ingested orally, and it works for about 6 hours.
Can be reproduced with pure chemicals, because fuck drinking that potion that stinks like shit.