Long running shonen series

Other than Dragonball, I have not seen any of those really long shows like Naruto or One Piece.
Name 1-3 Episodes (Season X / Episoe Y) of any show that you thinks is awesome so I know what I get into and - most of all - have something to look forward to.

All of the big three are shit. One Piece is stupid fun I guess, but why waste your time watching an unimpressive long-ass anime when you can read the manga if you want that kind of stuff.
Naruto's first arc is alright but it's literally the only worthwhile part of Naruto and you get it right at the beginning.

one piece is really good. dont rush it

naruto is shit unless you want a fuck ton of filler

i forgot the number of the episodes, but the second battle against Zabuza and the Lee vs Gaara fight are the peak of the entire Naruto franchise.

Lee VS Gaara is around the 50 Episode mark, I think. And yes, that's what I wanted to add to my OP as an example.

If you want to watch Naruto the whole way through watch from 1 to the fuma clan arc which is about 142 iirc. Then watch the arc where they search for a beetle. bAfter that you can skip all the way to ep 116 and watch the last 4 episodes and be done with it. The only filler I enjoyed was the arcs where Naruto was helping save the green country, where he helps a girl overcome the dark side of her mind, and that's just about it. You can also watch the arc where Orochimaru has a secret island base too.

It's up to you though, still a lot of episodes to cover.

Not 116 I meant 216.

As a general rule you shouldn't watch any long running anime series because they suffer from poor quality and pacing and half of the episodes are filler, you should just read the manga and check out nice anime scenes from youtube

You are probably new to downloading anime. Long ruining series were common place some decades ago, but now are rare as fuck because the format doesn't work anymore.
In the past it did because people had no other option but to watch your shit for years, now there's much more easily accessible entertainment and literally no one will bother watching a fucking 500 episodes series.

long running*

So how long is too long? 26, 50, over 100 episodes?

100+ episodes is generally considered too long.

>Made by BRs
Why brazilians have such a shit taste in anime?

Watch Naruto Kai instead

This, you can cover most of the highlights from both parts of Naruto with these episodes and only watch other episodes if you're interested in the story behind the fights.

so Sup Forums, at what age did you started watching Naruto and at what point you stopped?
I started watching when I was 11 years old and stopped more or less when the fillers begun to get really boring on the original Naruto. Some years later Shippuden came out, I watched some episodes of it, but only got as far as the Deidara fight.

The intention is show the episodes. I don't give a fuck for what you think about "brazilian taste".

50 episodes, max!

Hmmmm good question, I started watching anime since around 2001 and stopped watching most shows after I hit puberty. Very few shows interest me nowadays, doesnt matter how good they're supposed to be. I will ocassionally watch some shows Ive seen before but wont take them as seriously.

For me it was like this:
>5 to 10 years old
Anime was literally everything to me, everything I wanted to do was to get home and watch my favorite shows/VHSs with the episodes I missed because I was on school recorded.
>10-13
Started downloading anime, was still quite obsessed with it.
>14-15
Still watching anime, but not as frequently
>16-20
Stopped watching anime altogether, started to think that most of the stuff on the medium is shit or they simply don't engage me anymore.
>21-25
Back into watching anime and I actually enjoy it more now than i did on my teens, but not quite as much as I did on my childhood.

End of blogshit

Gintama episode 25.
Bleach Episode 1.
Naruto episode 48.

started watching it around 2006 (15 y/o) stopped watching after Nagato died, the shinobi war arc was shit.

Sure. If you count adding more characters to slow down the plot. Thats why its taking allthese years.

One Piece has the worst pacing in any anime i've ever seen. Don't torture yourself. You can look up some of the fights on Youtube, but typically there is just a rival group and they line up their fighters against the straw-hats (luffy vs big bad, zoro vs the second strongest guy, etc.), and it will make you wonder if Luffy couldn't just take on all the weaker ones, while Zoro and Sanji fight the big bad guy together.

naruto vs pain deserves to be much higher on the list

>sitting through One Piece
Why someone would do that to himself? There's countless better and much shorter anime for you to watch. It's understandable if you started watching it decades ago, but picking up now is insanity.
It has fucking 802 episodes, you can watch 32 anime with 25 episodes each in the same time you would take to catch up with One Piece.

>Sakura & Chiyo vs Sasori is shit tier
what a shit list

it's trash, Naruto basically steamrolled the six paths of Pain with barely any difficulty, let alone the notoriously shit animations of that fight. the show was ruined when Naruto became op.

>otoriously shit animations of that fight
Careful, you will attract the autism folks who claim that fight actually had good animation