European/(Neo)Classical Architecture thread

I know how much you like your heritage

shameless self bump

This is the view out my window, even better at night when the streetlights are on

That is not neoclassical, it is romantic

Yep

never on Sup Forums, possible best thread, godspeed haters

also not contributing because helping people makes them weaker

you're right

Amsterdam Central

I hope you dont do it in a shoddy and plastic looking way.

You do know that castle is nothing like the real buildings it tries to emulate and was built to a madmans specs on what he thought castles should look like?

No, in fact I think they went overboard with the reconstruction effort.
They even purchased custom made English stales from Canada. Similar to the ones used for the original riding hall, but they are barely produced anymore.

fuck up nigger, future castles in the uk will be mosques

*slates

First combination of classic and modern elements that doesn't make me want to jump of it, but the original roof was still better.

Building a palace to look like a medieval castle was pretty common back then. Pic related.

Hallo Eilyn :)

Holy shit please tell me how you were able to reverse search that image

Bleib entspannt. Du kannst dich relatic leicht selbst doxxen. Rschtsklick auf dein Bild, Google Bildersuche u d schon findet man deininstagram.

I quiet like the incorporation of modern architecture in this pic

Great!
Nah i think some penibility is important as those buildings will stand for a long time and carry great symbolic meanig.
Being a cheapo would bite you in the ass for the next 100 years at least afterall.
Also nothing worse then disney stucko.

Customs House in Dublin
I don't think they even use it much these days

I know this isn't European but it's a nice looking building
I'll admit burgers have the best flag

Nice! it usually goes the other way

It's still a European style of architecture. Interesting mixture of Neo- and stripped Classicism btw.

God I miss continental Europe. The UK is bad enough - if you're not in one of the more expensive areas, there's just red-bricked shithouses everywhere. Now I'm going to move to the US where no house is older than 50 years and is made of wood shingles.

I think once I'm done with a few post-docs, I should head home, the old land is calling for me.