Mawaru Penguindrum

SENZON SENRYAKU
I just got it off my backlog, let's talk about this show.
As much as it had its ups and downs likes and dislikes, it's still an amazing anime.
A wild ride right from the start to the end.
More people should watch it.

It would've been better without the retarded pseudo-philosophy dribble, just make it an anime about Ringo and Shouma's romance. Ringo thinks she's in love with sensei, but they get together in the end, or something.
Also they find the penguin drum (it's like dragon balls in this iteration), Himari gets better, and joins her friends as an idol.

I am watching it right now (at EP10). Looks like a great show with great OST. "What the fuck?!" counter already off the charts.

>and joins her friends as an idol
She doesn't.
In the end it's Ringo and Himari talking about how great double H are and they're collecting their merchandise.
Like most people I think, I was kind of disappointed Shou didn't get his happy ending.
Leave this thread if you don't want to get spoiled right now. It's much better going in blind.

Don't let Himari die you assholes.

Yeah why not remove everything compelling and unique from the show and make it more like every other cookie-cutter anime.

Did Sanetoshi really do anything wrong?

All he wanted to do was destroy the broiler and get revenge on those who allowed it to exist.

Sanetoshi, his group and Kanba were trying to go against reality itself.
Instead of accepting that bad things happen they would rather destroy the world. Tabuki said that even though him and Yuri were saved, the other children were in the same situation.
Everyone has to live with their past, no matter how bad it really is.
Momoka countered fate and payed for it.
Sanetoshi's failure was denial, in the end he accomplished nothing, and even made things much worse. I don't think the broiler is a real thing, it's more a symbol for the unjust suffering some people go through.

I loved it

Kill yourself.

I somehow never get tired of the transformation.

He's a pathetic mass-murderer who refuses to give or accept love. At this point, everything bad that happens to him is his own fault.

I thought he was merely trying to bring attention to the child broiler and those in it.

He said that he hated the world.
He's just really a sociopath who wants to tempt fate.
He used the injustice of the "child broiler" to rally people to his cause.

>I just got it off my backlog
Ah, you missed out on the airing

He's basically your average cult leader.

Good times.

Yeah a shame.
Seems like Sup Forums liked Kanba a lot more than I did.

So, speaking of Penguindrum, which os the better version of Linux?
What benefits does it bring over Windows?

The prinnies mimicking the owners was a really nice touch.

Cool OP, now you get to watch Night on the Galactic Railroad.

What were the penguins anyways? Initially I though the were servants to the princess, but if Himari's dream with Sanetoshi is anything to go by he sent them to them.

Next on my list is Barakamon.
Yes I'm ashamed I haven't watched it yet.

>Barakamon
Not what Ikuni would've wanted.

Well only the people affected by the curse have them so yes that's the idea.
But really I think they're an artistic help, gives the anime kind of a surreal feel.

I think it's just another one of Sanetoshi's magic tricks to help them along, just like he conveniently made up the medicine to keep the girl alive.

The hat was separate from Sanetoshi though, so who even knows who sent them.
It makes sense that Momoka had something to do with it, she saved others before, and the penguindrum was what destroyed Sanetoshi's ambitions.

Is this an Excel Saga reference?

baka

I agree

You can also read the story. It's translated to English and a short read.

If Ikuni was asked about this, he'd probably say that they were aliens or something. We should just think of them as symbolism.

Mappa was recruiting animators for Ikuni's new project. Has there been any more news on that?

Not sure why I'm seeing penguindrum threads every other day but cool people are watching it

I might do both, but the VA choices is like half the reason I'm watching.
Yeah a lot of visual aspects of the show (the stations, the hat, penguins, broiler and apple) are just symbolism to help fit it all together.
In general it kind of reminded me of Danganronpa (the first game), because of the inclusion of strange imagery with a logical but not necessarily grounded plot.

It's probably way too early to expect any announcements.

I watched the series recently with a friend who had seen it before, so happy he didn't ruin fantastic moments like that one before they happened.

>having friends
Also, nice blog.