Guilty Crown

Horribly under-appreciated. I just rewatched.
>high production values
>has aged surprisingly well
>one of the best OST's in anime ever
>excellent tragic post-apocalyptic science fantasy story
>good characters with good design
>decent amount of fanservice
>narrowly avoids the valley of grimdark edges
>I actually liked it more now that I'm older

>incoming haters in 3... 2... 1...

It's not underappreciated, it just sucks.

It was pretty and explosive trainwreck but still a trainwreck. Inori a shit.

I don't get how she went beast mode out of the blue for 2min and this was never touched upon after.

You're cheap.

What? I was right, tho.

You made this thread earlier and it was wrong then, too.

this bait is too obvious

It sucks even some of the people Ive talked to that happen to like it said it was holy shit bad. Yeah it looks and sounds good but it fails to build anything at all. Its like it was trying to be as bad as possible on purpose.

Try describing this anime's story without using the words "for some weird reason" at least one time per episode.

Hare is pretty good, but rest of the girls are shit.

Ost is great.

Nigga, anime its shit.
>V.N > Animu

Guilty Crown being a terrible series is one of the few absolute truths of the world, so your post was doomed as low-tier bait from the start.

Like anything else that was out of the ordinary.
Starts going evaesque and then nothing.
Starts to build something between anyone and then nothing.
Starts going somewhere plotwise and then it flips its shit again.

Like I said the show was troll worthy in terms of bad.

Posting DinamicDuo.

>best OSTs
It's not even among Sawano's best, there's two good tracks and they're all you probably remember.

care to elaborate?

What the hell.
Planetes is the best ED theme

>excellent tragic post-apocalyptic science fantasy story
>good characters with good design
>narrowly avoids the valley of grimdark edges

Is this a parody post? Bait thread? I can't believe someone has watched anime a min of 6 years and now has come back to find GC is somehow "good" in the ways you just listed.

the story is shit
the concept is shit
the writing is shit
the characters (especially the MC) are shit
the fanservice is shit

About all this had going for itself was the look of the series and the OST. Overall it was torturous to watch this series. Watching series weekly with Sup Forums usually makes it easier to slog through trash like this (for example valvrape), but watching it with Sup Forums didn't help this crapfest at all. This was just irredeemable.

>two good tracks
Kessen and Krone?

everything went to shit at the end but I enjoyed the show regardless, I'm glad this is where EGOIST kicked off and is still around today.

It doesnt finish what it wants to start doing. Anything it starts it leaves hanging, whatever it is. Its not until like the last 5 episodes that it knows how it wants to end the show and even then its run of the mill shit tier because the whole time it was pulling things out of nowhere.

This guy was quite funny I must say. His end was a shame though. The rest of the characters, where not that interesting.

I don't really remember any of the names since it has been quite a long time since I last listened to the OST, but it's likely those two. There might be one or two great songs to add to that list, but that's about it. The rest is standard Sawano fare.

Best take in the thread. Whether or not it was shit, it was a good ride.

>Concept is shit

I can only agree with this half way.

The OST was a mixed bag and poorly used. Some were not even used at all. I wouldnt say Sawanos best work but its definitely above his average. I didnt like the songs with English lyrics, they usually sucked.

Inori is a girl thats supposed to be emotionless but for some reason sings with emotion. Holy shit you're right O.O .

>>narrowly avoids the valley of grimdark edges
Except for mutilating and blinding the MC while killing his love interest for no reason?

It's just a decent budget show with shit plot

I don't think she's supposed to be totally emotionless. Just giving the clone vibes. Essentially an attempt to copy Rei.

Shoe....

imagine how bad this show would be without the visuals and OST

Watch it again. It might have been hard to follow when you were 12 and all your focus was on LOLHUEG CRYSTAL SWARDS

I remember the bad guy they kept hinting had a soft spot for one of the bridge bunnies from the hero side, then nothing happened between them.

>while killing his love interest for no reason

Do you mean Hare? She was a commie, she deserved to die.

(still pretty sad though)

yeah, that was pretty disappointing.

Its badly written, it basically contradicts itself or somehow reveals something it never alluded to in the first place. If you barely ever have any questions answered at all then its a bad story. For example in ep 9 you have a short scene with Gai and Inori on a vehicle discussing some kind of plan and Inori is saying something along the lines of its wrong. We later find out it was a song to cancel crystalization but we never really understand what happened. This kind of strytelling is littered throughout the series and its bad storytelling.

Daryl? Yeah the show doesnt finish what it sets out to do. He was a psycho down to the last episode and for some reason his officers sacrifice is supposed to change him? I didnt buy it because thats the last time we see him and never really know if he repents.

>You're a good guy!

All I remember is Sagai suddenly starts wearing a tuque for some reason in his last episode and starts driving a peace truck through a mall.

i loved it until that ending. i mean jesus christ that may ave been the worst shitty ending ever

it was fun to watch it when it aired, i admit

The ending was the best part right after mid-point increase of pace which made the show great.

GC is a good show
The hate is a meme i think

Nah GC being so bad its good is a meme.

Nah GC being so bad its good while actually being good is the meme.

>fanservice
>good
>ever

best grill coming through

Post the "boop" gif from the show's OP.

It was all right, but fuck the ending up the ass. Seriously FUCK the ending

>le random neko headset
pathetic

Remaking your thread doesnt change anyones opinion. Rehash of a lot of anime ideas in a train wreck fashion, you'd have to below the age of twelve to enjoy it as something new because you dont know any better.

The only good thing to come out of this series is supercell v2 (koeda) and EGOIST (chelly) breaking out

At least try with your bait next time.

I enjoyed Guilty Crown simply because it was so hilariously dumb, and the writers seemingly lacked any self-awareness. I bursted out laughing during so many "serious" moments, and I don't usually even react to things.

However, so bad it's good, doesn't mean it's actually good.

No it's kawaii and her virtual holo controls are also cat-paw shaped it's also very kawaii.

Perhaps you are just homosexual nigger.

You! You seem like you would have a gif/webm of that "boop" she does on the controls in the OP, right? If so, please post?

it had potential but tried to cram in too many tropes that it just came into a pile mess. maybe if it played over 2 seasons or just more episdoes.
I really wanted to see more of the wheelchair chick and her friend

Gets too much hate but yes it has problems.

no sorry

Ah well, thought I'd ask anyway.

Either get rid of the school entirely or keep Shu from joining Gai. It wasnt going to work the way they set it up.

I know this is a bait thread and all, but I do not understand why anyone would say this this show had good visuals or production values. The character designs look nothing like the key visuals that redjuice produced, and in fact, all the men have these retarded, ugly-moment faces while the girls' faces are all the same and bland as fuck. The animation was only appealing with the first ep's last fight, but every episode onward has no remarkable animation to remember by, and a lot of jarring stills that eat up time and way too much grey/gradient filter. This piece of shit was in no way "beautiful" inside and out even by 2012 standards, and it's actually a damn good thing that no one remembers this crap outside of the fun threads mocking it at the time.

Now I have.

Let the power of Bing help you. Google maybe tagged this as sexist and had it purged from results in their daily 2 minute hate. Many such cases.

Well it was from the guys that gave you CG and VVV what did people expect?

Ah, thanks user! That would explain why I was having so much trouble finding one. user delivers!

>implying most people check the staff list, before watching something

HMMMM not entirely, no even the visuals from the first theme were good. In show between episodes there was a lot of drops in quality.

Yeah and it doesn't make what I said any less factual.

Was Valvrave better/worse than this?

Vulvarave was horrible. It is quite possibly definition of fanservice even more than Prisma Illya.

Most shows made were better. Naruto and Bleach are better by comparison. The thing that made GC so bad was the fragmented story it had. Not to mention some points dont even make sense like the idea that Shu banging his sister would make a race of superior humans. With some mods the plot can work to an extent but shit doesnt make sense the way it is.

I almost want to say Valvrave's first season was more fun to watch with Sup Forums but it's been so long since either, I can hardly remember. The second half wasn't that memorable aside from character deaths. If you're talking about objective quality, well, that's a whole different story. I'd say Guilty Crown was better in that regard.

Infinitely worse, though most originals pale in comparison to Guilty Crown. Garbage like reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:creators is literally bottom of the barrel tier

Your post reeks of bait as hell, but nonetheless i want to agree with what you saying.
It wasn't perfect, of course, but it's still great.

shit sucked i can't even remember it but i can tell that it sucked

I actually love the soundtrack too, all his orchestral stuff sounds the same but his songs with vocals are great.

I actually loved it in the beginning but just like everyone here is saying, it's a jumbled mess when things start picking up. What really left the shit taste in my mouth was the ending and how all the encouragement of saving the girl was all for nothing. It looked pretty but man I was disappointed.

Only reason to watch this show is to listen to the soundtrack in action other then that, there's no point

Shoe...

It's more of a trainwreck than anything especially nice, but it was well directed and produced at the very least.

At the time it was pure eyecandy. You see stuff like it all the time now though.

I have both posted in the original threads.

I've been backing up internet expecting nazis to come for us.

I'm keeping backup of a backup too.

Sorry for delay.
Got stuck on a range some faggot used and got banned... took me a while to reset and find a usable address.

>Naruto and Bleach
user, no.

It was shit but still better than brynhildr.