Home schooling for ALL students?

What is becoming of our schools? Armed guards, metal detectors, steel doors? It has long been known that if you put people in prison, they act like prisoners.

I propose the following:

We spend an average $10,000 per student in schools already. That is enough to pay for a teacher for every six students. So... eliminate the school buildings.

Instead, six students an a teacher meet at one of the student's houses. It would proceed like home schooling, but each day it would be a different house, teacher, and subject.

This would provide far better supervision then the endless faceless hallways of an institutional building. Troubled students would receive more face time and be far less likely to fall through the cracks. All the students time would be better spent, will less waiting inlines, walking through isles and such.

If students have trouble with the assignments, the teachers would be able to adapt to them and try different approaches, rather then the assembly line we get now. And field trips with just six kids would be infinitely easier and more rewarding. They could go to places that a full class could never go, like workplaces and parks.

Parental involvement would be much better if parents are routinely in the house with the teacher and students. They would receive some pay for cooking and assisting the teacher in their home. Parents would also be able to see with their own eyes any behavior problems they need to know about. Some parents could even add their own life experience to the learning.

What does Sup Forums think of this idea?

Private schools accomplish the same goals while maintaining economy of scale

Teachers unions would have a shitfit.

Next.

School is more than just academic learning. It teaches a child how to interact in wider society. A group of six children is not big enough for that.

There's a reason homeschoolers are often hyper-intelligent yet socially retarded.

Wouldn't work, school is taxpayer funded daycare.

>Teachers unions would have a shitfit.

Not when we tell them how many new teachers we need to hire! Also, the biggest complaint teachers have are large class sizes and not being allowed to respond to student interest.

>Private schools accomplish the same goals while maintaining economy of scale

No they don't. Private schools only educate the "easy" students and dump the more needy ones on to the public schools. If you want to educate everyone, their isn't much to learn from them.

>It teaches a child how to interact in wider society.

What part of wider society resembles a school? Also, it isn't the same six kids every day, so they still meet lots of people.

>Wouldn't work, school is taxpayer funded daycare.

And would be better day care with 6 kids per teacher. Most unemployed mothers would LOVE to have this come to their house, and be paid for a bit more of what they do anyway.

It would work if you could get parents that home school to take on the neighbor's kids as well. Make small community home schooling programs. Give income to the stay at home parents that are willing to teach and allow career oriented parents to pursue their careers and know they children are safe, a couple of doors down from the family nest.

Makes for stronger communities and allows for better education. Also allows for children to acquire social skills.

would be annoying as fucking having to do 5 different commutes in a single week.

That's where you're wrong. Kids don't learn shit in school anymore they're all on their phones texting to each other when facing across from another.

School is now completely pointless.

>would be annoying as fucking having to do 5 different commutes in a single week.

Yes but the destinations wouldn't be very far apart, just within one school district.

its still annoying as fuck and its kind of hard to focus when your routine is always changing up.

could also think of a bunch of liability issues if one of those kids gets hurt at another kids house.

This guy knows whats up

This

Unfortunately the case is in America is that the majority of homeschoolers are being homeschooled by fundamentalist religious Christ cuck Baptist parents

I've literally never met a home-school child who wasn't a complete socially autistic freak unable to do even the simplest of interactions.

>If you want to educate everyone

I don't. It's not my responsibility to make sure kids get educated. It's not yours, either. That's on their parents.

Is there a way to get the best of both worlds in this situation? The "hyper-intelligence" of homeschooling along with the wider socialization school provides?

>Home school >private school > rural school > shit > city schools
I would support homeschooling in general considering how bad schools are today. Elementary schools should have no more than 300 students, jr high schools should be no bigger than 700 students, and high schools should have no more than 1500 students. There are schools (in cities mostly) that are huge and can't really teach students anything. Then there are schools with vibrant diversity that are more like prisons and are filled with racial tension, daily fights, shit teachers. I also support getting rid of the school bureaucracy and reducing the power of teaching unions.

>I don't. It's not my responsibility to make sure kids get educated.
Good luck living under the government that uneducated gang bangers elect.

>could also think of a bunch of liability issues if one of those kids gets hurt at another kids house.
What is the law currently? Kids have their friends over (unsupervised) so this happens all the time.

>I've literally never met a home-school child who wasn't a complete socially autistic freak unable to do even the simplest of interactions.

Current homeschooling most commonly has the entire education coming from one or two people. My proposal would be even more diverse than current schools.

Its not his responsibility, it is the responsibility of the parent to educate their children. It always has been. Ultimately uneducated people are already excluded from society as in the end anyway.

and those kids houses would also be the teachers work place and now the teacher has to hop between half a dozen houses and each one would have potential hazards.

i work from my own home and my employers are constantly asking me to send updated pictures of my work station and the area around and under it to make sure there are no hazards because oddly enough they are somehow liable for that.

>Good luck living under the government that uneducated gang bangers elect.

As opposed to what? Gangbangers who get pushed through by teachers just trying to get their government check?

You miss the point, as you have the whole thread: it doesn't matter if you have fewer children per teacher, or if they meet in people's homes, or if they skip around from one teacher to the next each day (seriously, that was the most retarded part of your scheme).

The only thing people pay attention to is money. If you want to make them invested in their children's education, they need to actually be invested in their children's education. Otherwise it's just going to be the same minority of white and Asian parents watching their kids while everyone else just takes advantage of free daycare, no matter what scheme you invent.

The only thing I knew for sure after high school was that I didn't want to be a high school teacher.

School should be about preparing kids for life as an adult, preparing kids for entering the workforce, paying bills, how to deal with social issues, how to choose your relationships, how to raise children, the nation's values, etc.

It would be a vast improvement if education included hand-on experience at all kinds of jobs. That's what high school should be.

Maybe instead of hiring a bunch of teachers, regular people are paid to host groups of students at their day job to teach them what it's like.

Also, the way people learn vary widely. To maximize it, an education system would perform yearly psychoanalysis tests and provide students with information on how they relate to other people.

This might be easier to believe if any meaningful research into education were allowed. The data that comes out of public schools is deliberately manipulated to support civil service union employment. Education "research" is full of so much romanticized wishful thinking bullshit that the "scientists" who publish it ought to be horsewhipped on C-SPAN.

Home school + Little league or something. Ez pz

>Yearly psychoanalysis from the government

No thank you Kim

1 teacher can teach a billion youtube viewers
and nobody has to leave the house.

Homeschooling and private schooling is better than sending your kids to public school.

Teachers union is corrupt as it can get.
Makes bernie madoff look like a choir boy.
Steals trillions, ruins lives.

It doesn't take a village.

Tons of things have become do-it-at-home because of how shitty being in public has become. Same thing happened with malls and movie theaters, you go to one of them and you're surrounded by complete trash everywhere you go, so you elect to just wait for the movies to hit netflix or pirate them, and you order physical goods off Amazon prime. I'm not surprised home schooling will increase one bit.

>
1 teacher can teach a billion youtube viewers
One teacher CAN'T answer all the questions and make sure everyone understood. In order to learn from a youtube video, you need a foundation of the kind of knowledge that requires dialog and feedback from the teacher. A classroom with 30 kids doesn't do that well at all.

>The only thing people pay attention to is money. If you want to make them invested in their children's education, they need to actually be invested in their children's education.

If you start with the assumption that you can do nothing, you'll be right. Most parents aren't invested in their children's education because they feel unqualified, or powerless to make change. But if they get to see some of it happen right in their living room, they will naturally be more invested too. Parents, children and even the teachers can all learn in such an adaptable environment.

>Steals trillions, ruins lives.
We don't spend trillions in education. It's about 600 billion per year. Blind cynicism is worse than blind conformity. Has it occured to you that cons and corporations attack teachers because they DON'T WANT an educated public? Those communities deserve the teacher's unions they have.

What's the solution to gun violence in schools? Violence in politics!

> Maybe instead of hiring a bunch of teachers, regular people are paid to host groups of students at their day job to teach them what it's like.

That will work for some things, but picture a class full of ten year olds watching accountants filling out forms and lawyers writing depositions.

>Most parents aren't invested in their children's education because they feel unqualified, or powerless to make change. But if they get to see some of it happen right in their living room, they will naturally be more invested too.

You claim to want parents to become invested but you're still making the same top-down, one-size-fits-all decisions found in the current broken system.

If youre too dumb and "needy" and you need special classes or an easier time then they shouldnt waste time on you anyways. Make all the idiots work at sewage treatment plants and other idiot proof jobs.
Imagine how much better off wed be if the we only taught the kids who were deserving of it. Instead of spending a whole year teaching algebra 1 because otherwise half the class would get left behind they should just dump those tards.

What if we dump those tards without human compassion?

>You claim to want parents to become invested but you're still making the same top-down, one-size-fits-all decisions found in the current broken system.

Involving the parents is "the same" as not involving them?