Has any anime or manga character significantly changed the way in which you live?

Has any anime or manga character significantly changed the way in which you live?

For me, it's Akagi Shigeru who taught me how to confront my fears with indifference.

Are you me? Life is so much easier when you realize everything is worth nothing and will eventually be thrown away all the same.

>with indifference.
I think you have reading problems
>tipping fedora

>fedora
More like pragmatism. People usually hurt themselves fearing loss more than the loss itself.

For me it's Pico who taught me to embrace my inner homosexuality and flaunt it proudly to the world. Now I live my days getting drilled in the ass by huge, muscled man. I'll forever be thankful to anime for teaching me that invaluable lesson.

Saitama made me shave my head

No BeCaUsE i Am NoT a EdGy FaGgEt

What Yasuoka or Ohgi or the whitesuit dude thinks he is isn't what he is/does, but there's next to no narrator/author voice in the fight and the studio couldn't be fucked to bother with these seinenshit manga things. And if you mix both ages together it's even more funny.

What is he if Yasuoka/Ohgi's monologues are wrong?

Thanks Doc

I don't know. He doesn't pray for example like Ohgi always wants. Muh worthy opponent were Ohgi's words too, while they proved somewhat right in the end the reasons Akagi agreed were different. If you grab all three Akagis together, all of them is a story of how a person without anything could deal with an overwhelming talent. In this case, going cocky kid - tired young adult - epicurean kinda person if I understand correctly. Indifference? The main problem was he cared about this single thing he did good

>The main problem was he cared about this single thing he did good
But he doesn't care much about Mahjong. He doesn't even play it when Yasuoka finds him and in the next timeskip. He's a gambler, sure, but more than that he's a pariah, and the two things he's been shown to care about were truth/authenticity (pic related and what happened when the yakuzas threatened to kill him at this dice house) and freedom (his speech to Ohgi iirc). Other than these and a few more things, he was indifferent to all, relationships or money.

He's literally me.

I don't agree that Akagi didn't care about or want relationships, he just couldn't relate to anyone enough to forge any.

Fucking same guys. Akagi and pic related are the ones who made me comfortable with death

But Johan was a cunt and still cared about stuff like muh mom and muh past.

Money yeah
Relationships fuck no
He cared about Yukio's death and he said to Harada? if I remember correctly that he's alone so to not do any harm to people with his vagabond life, and you know which thing the power of friendship made him to do once it's Ten who is around. And this is after all the incredible support he offered to Hiro throughout the whole book.

Yeah but he didn't try too hard to connect with people in his early years, because as you said he couldn't relate to anyone. He was still human and talked to people but he never put himself into a situation where he could bond with them over time which ties in with him being an outcast. Of course he didn't remain that way all his life.

I don't think that means he didn't want it, he just gave up on finding anyone he could really connect with. I mean, the closest person he could relate to at that point was Washizu, who was actively trying to murder him.

gosh that TADAIMA moment will be so sweet

In that case he'd be jaded and believe he no one could understand him like this and pic related say. Which might be part of why he was tired of life (not necessarily 100% suicidal but jaded)

I guess that'd make sense, but he should've stayed with Ohgi and Yasuoka for that celebration party.

My waifu continuously saves me from despair, does that count?

>Has any anime or manga character significantly changed the way in which you live?
BEAT OF THE RISING SUN
BEAT OF THE RISING SUN
YOU GOTTA FEEL THE DANCE
IT IS ALWAYS IN YOUR HEART

kaiji who taught me to live my life desperately.

Yusuke taught me that sick one liners and giving no fucks would help me make friends everywhere i go.

but master
humans are a part of nature too

I know I'm going to get made fun of.

But gurren lagann saved my life. I had a few shitty events happen back to back. My dad died and then about a year later my long time girlfriend dumped me and moved on. I dropped out of college and just couldnt take it.

I spiraled into a shitty depression and lost all of my friends because I was a shit stain to be around. Finally one of my few friends told me to watch TTGL and until I did, he wasn't going to talk to me again.

Gurren Lagann helped me get out of my depression when I was young and whenever I feel dread I watch "Simon becomes a man" and I instantly remember to stop being a pussy.

I enjoy my life.

Disregard Females Acquire Violence.

Life has never been better.

Funny thing- after watching Kaiji a few weeks ago I stumbled on a gambling site at the local fair. I fucked up and didn't bring cash and the only ATM was like 8 blocks away and all I had was $5 on me. I never gambled before, but thought why not try just this once just for a bit of a thrill.

My first game, I put that $5 onto #10 and won $140 and walked. On my way out I played a single round of slots and won $35.

Thank you Lucky Poverty Man.