Do you you guys like this show yes or no?

Do you you guys like this show yes or no?
if yes, why?
if no, why not?
I just watched first season and i thought it was nice,
its a bit cutesy but its a good step for trigger studio to show they can do more styles of animation and story while still upholding that standard people have come to know from the studio

Yes
Because it was fun to watch.

No, because it reminded me how cute and magical real life isn't.

I don't like Trigger.

yes its fun

Yes, it's fun. But I think it will be much better if they remove Andrew.

>we'll get a Yoshinari Q&A by some miracle tomorrow
>mod deletes thread while it's going on :^)

Thats the truth of Sup Forums, based mods and thread deleters

Cour 1 yes Cour 2 no

Cour 1 was light hearted cute magical fun
Cour 2 was largely a cluster fuck aside from episodes 17 and 20, which were light hearted cute magical fun

Don't hold your breath. Yoshinari probably doesn't want to.

Yes it is very wholesome and good fun

No. It's a shitstain compared to the OVA's. The second season was a mistake. I want nothing to do with this franchise after the TV series.

Some of the TV episodes compare to the OVAs, but overall the OVAs are better.

Terio manga > OVA1 > 2017 manga > TV >>> OVA2

TV series was boring for the most part. OVAs are better.

The soundtrack is better than the show itself.

No. I'm not interested at the moment, maybe in the future i'll watch it thought

you guy's aren't really explaining as to why they are better though you have to put in more effort than
>DURR MUH OVA'S ARE SUPERIOR!

The OVA has better art direction (and not talking about animation), the story is incredibly simple but also super tight and well paced with just enough elements to leave you wondering about it's world.

A believing heart is your Q&A with Yoh!

>Inb4 Andrewfag ruin the thread

>Andrew gets posted earlier
>Posting resumes just fine
It's almost like posting Andrew isn't the problem.

Mods are a sleep
And its already 404 anyway.

They're not seasons, you fucking newfag. Lurk more.

The stories were better. They weren't meant to be taken too seriously. They were short and sweet. The subplot with the words was fucking garbage and I hate how they handled Chariot. Her plot twist with Akko was stupid. Croix is the worst. The fact that they want you to take her seriously is embarrassing. I liked how the side characters felt like they were relevant in both OVA's. Sucy and Lotte might as well have not been in the second season. Jasminka might as well not have existed. I feel like they killed Diana's personality too. She was a defrosting ice queen without the ice.

I liked the series better than the OVA

yes, because of Akko. If you don't like her I can't imagine enjoying the show.

I think the first cour of the anime managed to convey the same sense of wonder and fun the first ova had. The thing is that they had some plot points from the ovas that they had to solve (Chariot's past, Diana's issues, magic weakening) and they did a poor work managing them. I think now that all that stuff has been dealt with a future second season could focus on the magical and fun adventures.

what the fuck is a cour

Lurk for two years-I mean hours, before posting. How do you watch anime and not know what a cour is?

Yes
It was fun.

Yes.
Cause Sucy.
And i always had a fetish for witches.

The movie had a considerably worse story than the TV series. OVA was great, though. But fuck the movie, literally felt like a dumb Aesopish episode of an American Cartoon.

Yes.

Akko a cute.

CROIX DID NOTHING WRONG

>is italian
hang the bitch

>Hang
>not crucify

Yes she did. But don't worry, she's in jail paying for her cuntiness.

Forgettable waste of time.

Even if ironically, using emoticons is against the rules.

yes satan

wait are we getting one tomorrow? what time?

This.

I really liked the show, but Enchanted Parade is fantastic. I still have hope for a more comfy S2, now that magic is everywhere again.

EP was shit though. The anime salvaged it's only good things (green team, white uniforms, red team tag moment, huge shiny arc final attack)

Yeah, the show was pretty good. It's a shame that everything ended up getting mismanaged in the second cour. Oh well, it was still enjoyable, even if some of the better characters lacked screentime.

>EP was shit though.
Get the fuck out

But it was. Akko was an absolute unlikable cunt and Diana did fuck all.

I don't speak radiation. What does it say?

It's 2017 and I still fail to see what was wrong with Enchanted Parade except Akko being a royal cunt.

In any case, I want to see more Chariot and Constanze next season.

>you guy's aren't really explaining as to why they are better though you have to put in more effort than

I watched the TV series before I saw the OVAs and even I have to agree that the OVAs were far superior.

My problem with the TV series was that it was apparent that Trigger had a very difficult time coming up with compelling scenarios for when it wanted to be episodic as opposed episodes that drove the plot. So a lot of the episodes came off as just okay and the really good episodes were few and far between. Contrast this to Samurai Champloo where a 75% of the episodes were episodic and they still were all golden.

I felt the words were a terrible way to drive the plot as I felt like Akko missed the point of the words, they were a result of new and impactful life experiences, not the life stories were a result of them. I.e., she should live her life to the fullest and let them come to her.

When I encountered the OVAs, I found the storylines were much more tightly done, the animation was leagues more vivid and superior. And Diana was a bitch. Under normal circumstances, you'd think the TV series is superior, but TV series Diana was too perfect. OVA Diana was pompous, and while still talented, she screwed up a lot more and her flaws were more apparent. OVA Diana was a much more balanced character.

If I were to have a say in the future of the LWA series, I'd much rather they continue as OVAs to maintain the art quality and strong storylines as opposed to another season of hit or miss episodes.

Who knows, hopefully one of our resident chinks will end up translating. It's actually surprising, there's a lot of OC that people post on Weibo.
What role do you think Chariot will play?

Diana did stuff. What happens is that EP focused in the main trio. Why would Diana interfere with that?

You know how how a lot of anime series last 10-13 episodes and some last 22-25 episodes? A cour means around 10-13 episodes.

I've been watching anime for ages and I wouldn't have known unless someone told me.

no comfy adventure with red team, it's just akko being a big bitch
diana was a non character when she had good focus in the first ova
it did nothing with the green team (TV was also bad on this, but at least we got 5/17/18 and the manga)
the only thing it had was great animation (when it came up because, again, nothing really happened for much of the run time) and shiny ballista

OVA Diana was ineffective and all talk and no show. She was cute and I love her but it's pretty easy to tell why the TV version is a considerably more popular and well-received character. OVA Diana's single accomplishments are killing some skeleton monsters and doing Luna Lana with Finneran. Making Sucy upstage Diana almost immediately in the OVAs really didn't do any favors to her character.

>What role do you think Chariot will play
Well, Akko's mentor and friend. Except you know, we get her to see interacting with Akko without false identities, not to mention her interacting with the other teachers.

Her relationship with Holbrooke was one of the ones that caught my attention the most.

>Making Sucy upstage Diana almost immediately in the OVAs really didn't do any favors to her character.
This was a good thing. Sucy and Lotte should always have a bigger role than Diana.

>There will never be an episode where Akko and Diana take Ursula to a Shiny Chariot convention.
>They will never enter a Chariot trivia match where Ursula gets every question wrong.

>OVA Diana was ineffective and all talk and no show.
her thing was that she was all talk and show.
she knew about the dragon's abortion and tried to stop h&b before it was already to late, claimed responsibility for releasing it, and helped in the evacuation of the students. she was a bitch but she was also competent and not really a bad student.

>Making Sucy upstage Diana almost immediately in the OVAs really didn't do any favors to her character.
You're saying like it was a bad thing. TV made the mistake of doing the exact opposite and Lotte and Sucy's characters ended up suffering.

Nah, the heart of LWA's narrative is 100% on Akko, Diana and Chariot. They're literally the whole point of the story.

>Yoshinari: The theme was about a young animator who joins the industry looking up to a -sorry for the term- lowbrow late-night magical girl anime. So he’s mocked by people around him. But we also wanted to show that kind of admiration is important. There is the story about Hayao Miyazaki entering the anime industry because he was moved by Panda and the Magic Serpent.

>Yoshinari: Then he watched the movie again afterwards and was disappointed by how bad it was (laugh). Yet, even if it’s actually not enjoyable at all, it can be irreplaceable for that person. What’s important is the feelings you got from watching it, and the fact that you had admiration for it. That’s the theme we were looking for.

She was a good girl but she wasn't shown to be particularly competent. Partially due to the run time, to be fair.

No, the narrative is Akko and Chariot. Shoehorning Diana into Episode 25 was a mistake.

I'm not talking if it was a good thing or a bad thing; I was explaining the reasons TV Diana worked better than OVA Diana as a character with the role she had been given. TV Diana and Croix are meant to be overwhelmingly talented and competent witches.

you mean shoehorning her into the chariot show

>OVA Diana was ineffective and all talk and no show.
OVA Diana felt a but more human despite being more into the vein if a western cartoon antagonist. And less telenovela heroine like TV felt.

I have the interviews with the staff at hand, actually. Otsuka, the producers from Toho and GSC and the Female Scriptwriter Roundtable all roughly talk about Diana as a co-deuteragonist with Chariot.

It's whatever at this point. At least she helped salvage the show.
Mistakes are mistakes.

>Nah, the heart of LWA's narrative is 100% on Akko, Diana and Chariot. They're literally the whole point of the story.
Hmm, when you put it that way, I have to agree, they were always the central characters.

I remember this user classified it this way:

-Akko: Protagonist.
-Her, along Diana and Chariot: core of the series.
-Them, along with Sucy and Lotte: Main Characters.

They do talk that didn't intent TV Diana to seem so perfect, by the way. Yoshinari thinks that even in her TV incarnation Diana is narcissistic, competitive despite pretending to not care and a bit closed-minded. But they didn't have a chance to show those traits too much outside of a few scenes due to how the story progressed.

But Andrew is the only shoehorn character.

>do you like it???

Sup Forums is literally the reason it got made.

>forgetting Frank
Anyway, you're wrong. Andrew was a good addition to the show. His only sin was having his entire character rewritten against Shimada's will.

>that Andoryu chin
Christ

>Hating Based Frank

Cal me weird, but I unironically and genuinely like Frank.

Hey, it's hard to get right.
Oh, I wasn't hating on him at all. I was referencing someone who used to post back when the show aired. Frank is great, I can't wait to see the direction the manga takes with him.

Frank and Lotte are cute! CUTE!

There's not much reason to hate Frank; he's a genuinely enjoyable person. He'd be a fantastic politician and an even better father.

It's the first anime I like enough that I ordered all the blu-rays right from Japan.

I hate Akko and enjoy the show

Okay I really, really, REALLY need that image scanned and cleaned.

Remember that spelling error from last night's thread?

Ultimately no. With all the potential it had, it just felt like it constantly fell short to the point of being frustrating. Akko's development was nearly non-existent for most of the show, the words and Croix's plot were thin and bland, and the character relationships all felt really shallow, especially between the main trio. The visuals were nice and the characters were great as concepts, but the writing was just a major disappointment.

A Churrito?

No.
The magic of the original OVA was just that -- only extant in the original. The IP has been on a decline since Enchanted Parade, and like in EP, in the TV series Akko was an only occasionally tolerable, mostly obnoxious MC, and yet still managed to be the character the show treats the best. The main story took too long to take off and even then could have been better.
It wasn't terrible, but it's a pretty unfortunate disappointment.

>co-deuteragonist
Why not just say tritagonist at that point?

I hope you guys ask if they wouldn't mind giving the cast a field trip to Akko's home country just for the chance to draw the witches in yukata's and a romantic like tease of having Akko and Diana watch the fireworks together. Problem being is how to make it magic related and full of hijinks with some nice feels at the end.

-Nine New Witches wasn't in the scenario, it was added by Yoshinari to the storyboard dialogue as suggested by Imaishi
-Imaishi is a Diakkofag and really wanted to show dere Diana towards Akko after the coming out scene as Chariotfan in episode 23, even if she would go back to being a bit cold in the epilogue. Diana's depiction on the original written scenario wasn't as emphasized as in the final episode; Imaishi added out stuff and fleshed her out in the storyboard.
-Akko was shooting the final Shiny Arc by herself in the climax. Producer told Imaishi to make Diana do something to support Akko because she was looking like an extra. Imaishi happily suggested to let them both shoot the Shiny Arc together, recalling the Shiny Ballista from the movie, and it was approved.
-Why send them to space? Because it's like Trigger tradition at this point.
-The stuff with Andrew's hat wasn't in the written scenario at all. They didn't storyboard it, either. But later it was added by the animators to the epilogue. Since Shimada didn't write the episode they probably weren't thinking about the hat at all.

Why do you claim this is a negative?

I feel so bad for Shimada.

I want it so bad.

>Diana
>"Throw it in because Diana's awesome and should do stuff with Akko!"
>Andrew
>"Throw it in because oh shit we forgot him and his subplot exist."
Shimada was told to come up with a male character and in the end they just seemed to regret the whole idea. How sad.

Yes, "Charito". Even I make that misspelling from time to time.

Also cute pic. I want to hug Charito Burrito.

>co-deuteragonist
Hardly, but I can see their effort.

I just feel so bad. At least Yoshi defended her vision and got Episode 10. Oh well, at least we can imagine what she had in mind.

Wasn't this show called "Doremi" or something?

No, because it's poorly written and inferior to Imaishi.

I think it was less "Defending her vision" and more "not wanting to completely erase her contributions to the project".

Having Akko's friend upstage the side character bitch is far superior to having a Mary Sue push Akko's friends off screen.

furrys are not allowed on Sup Forums

That actually seems to be more on point.

>pineapple pizza was actually invented by Canada