Did it save the zombie genre?

Did it save the zombie genre?

i like hotd but it didnt really do anything crazy with the genre. pic related i think was much more interesting. i enjoyed it, despite the really disappointing ending.

Considering theres been very few zombie survival centered series after it, no.

Its safe to say Japan can't into zombies, other than zombie characters, who in the end are just characters that can't die or are just dismemberment humor.

And I don't care if the author is dead, fuck him.
He started it in 2006 and barely released anything.
He only got back on a normal schedule when the anime boosted his sales and readers in 2010. But by mid 2012, he fucked off again.

He didn't die while writing it, he fucked off by 2013.

Good riddance.

It was the anime which left me in a deep rabbit hole of amine

Only watched the anime. MC was so generic it honestly pissed me off. All the girls wanting to jump his generic dick got annoying aswell since he was so boring and generic.

Rei already loved him before going out with his best friend, Saya's the other childhood friend who never confessed her feelings, Saeko is a slut, and the teacher is a dumb slut.

Yeah, shit sucked.

You mustn'tve liked Evangelion either then

Shinji is not generic and has depth to him, and every single woman don't want to jump his dick for no real discernible reason. Misato for example just wants to bone him because she just lost the dude with the ponytail and the melons and Shinji just lost Rei(atleast he thinks) sex is the only way for her to really connect with men. There's an emotional and perhaps even logical reason for her to want to fuck him.

Shinij has literally nothing to him that makes people flock to him. You're praising bad writing just because it's 'not generic'

Not really

No, but it helped make 2010 good for me and my dick.

Rei was sucking his best friends cock, it was going to be one of the teo and she past him up. Saeko has been useful through the entire ordeal, especially as an emotional confidant.

I want to tittyfuck Saeko!

no, it made it much worse.
you sound like you don't know the zombie genre at all

No, but it dropped me into anime and then left without saying goodbye.

People don't constantly praise him or want to suck his cock either. He's constantly belittled and shamed.

I want to bone Shizuka's brains out. I want to fuck her, then I want her to tittyfuck me, and then I want to fuck her in the ass.

I don't think you quite remember EVA as-well as I do. Rewatch it user.

Fuck your shit slut waifu

Those D-cups are too small

Rei is for _____

>Wanted to get into I Am A Hero, but then found out that the zombies were Aye Lmaos and that killed my vibe.
>Got into Gakkou Gurashi and fell in love, but the anime was terrible and the manga is slowly becoming trash too.

Japan can't do zombies, or at least a long running series about them.

>all this recent HSOTD posting
>all this focus on Shizuka

I'm glad Sup Forums seems to be gaining an appreciation for her of late.

What's so wrong with the anime from an adaptive perspective?

Killing. Fuck this bitch. Saya was perfection. Too bad she started getting pushed with the fat bastard before chapters just stopped

I want her to sit on my face

Well we can't have EVERY girl in the manga lusting after Takashi, that would just be way too Mary Sue-ish. He's already got Rei and Saeko fighting over him, and Shizuka's neutral with slight leanings his way. Kohta deserved to be thrown a bone and Saya's a good fit for him.

parasyte's not bad. you can just call them smarter zombies

The zombie is the worst genre, even more so than isekai. Isekai has been somewhat varried especially when NGNL, OverLord, re;Zero have come from it. Walking dead has long lost its touch where zombies hardly matter anymore and more of a plot nuisance. At least the redeemable isekai still incorporate the same things it established very early on.

>parasyte's not bad.
Yes it is.

I am a hero thrived due to Zombie popularity, then it really shat in the face of every person who liked it.

I wish I could have fond memories of this series because up until Slut dies it was a very entertaining and "believable" manga. I can't remember when it first jumped the shark, but it was all downhill after the mall. Just the very concept of a zombie outbreak in Japan and the MC being one of the 500 people in Japan that has ever shot a weapon was enough to hook me in and forgive a lot of this manga's shortcomings, but not all of them.

Remember the dog that was there for 2 pages?
He's now a huge character of the anime

it saved my dick to be honest
saeko best girl

wow, didn't know that the fucker is gone.
so he actually ever ended Hsotd?

gentlemen and scholar

Just like your mom dropped you into this world and then left without saying goodbye.

Hatesex; she has a nice look on her face there.

HOTD is TOP 10 Comfy

He gave some bullshit about not wanting to continue it after the tsunami. Because a zombie apocalypse and a big wave are the same shit. Really I think it was more that he had no idea where to go with the series after he parodied Dawn of the Dead. What sucks is it is left off one a cliffhanger of the characters mentally breaking down.

the anime opened on a cliffhanger

>Highschool of the dead
>the series is dead
POETRY

I main problem with the series was Takashi
He's so generic and boring that it bugs me that the girls are all on his dick. Out of the entire cast, hes the worst one.

read >

Eh, he's alright. He wasn't that interesting but I liked his design and he was huge step up from your average limp dick, "nice guy" harem protagonist

>Considering theres been very few zombie survival centered series after it, no.
To be fair, zombies had been played out in pretty much every country. The big zombie craze was ending and HOTD was one of the last big kicks I remember seeing at the time.

i thought that anime was killed, did it return back from the dead? the last ive heard of it, is the artist & writer got into a fight over who'd win the MC bowl.

yeah Shinji is a piece of fucking shit

lol the author is kill and the artist has no interest in resuming it cause of it.

>lol

lol

lmao

Haven't seen EVA yet, not that big on Mech anime besides Gundam and Gunbuster.

Fat boi was a lot better and more fun. Too bad he's a little bitch about "muh guns"

>tfw remembered there was a resident evil manga
>but the last update was on 2008

>Haven't seen EVA yet
I applaud you

>not that big on Mech anime
EVA isn't really about mechas tho.
pic related

I'm sick of zombie shit, it's bad enough I see "Zombie Survival Vehicle" and shit on vehicles in my state from time to time

I mean it. I applaud people not just watching something just because it's big. It's a disappointment every single time. Akira is shit. Miyazaki is shit. Makoto Shinkai is shit. I applaud people just picking what they want to watch.

You've watched too match The Walking Dead is the problem, user.

i thought you were implying that EVA was shit, my bad.
it aged like milk but is worth a view at least once, with no expectations tho.

>it's a disappointment every single time
Maybe for people with horrible taste.

It's a solid 5/10 in my book. But definitely worth a watch. The movies are also an improvement in my book.

My tastes are far from horrible

Short answer: No

Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. It couldn't even save itself. Tits aside, It was every standard boring ass zombie story combined with every standard boring ass harem anime bullshit.

The characters where a mixed back ranging from okay to completely intolerable and it had nothing to say about the genre or even society. More to the point the fanservice only really provided tonal whiplash when the series still wanted you to take the threat of the undead serious.

Frankly in terms of zombie stories it was bottom of the barrel and Inazuma designs aside it wasn't even all that good as a fan service anime.

>he thinks fucking Rebuild is an improvement
>3.0 a 7 and higher than original series and EoE
>My tastes are far from horrible

Never seen it

I'm only talking in reference to the sheer number of zombie games and TV shows and movies out there

>the artist has no interest in resuming it

he just added zombies to Triage X

rapey zombies

The fact that you specified the number of score is all the proof I need that you care too much about numbers instead of things that matter

I remember this thread

I don't even have a MAL or any of that shit.
I specified numbers because of the implications I see of you thinking 3.0 is much better than the original series which is hilariously wrong and proves your opinion on Eva must be garbage.

projecting

No.
But it did save Japanes Alt-Right.

The best kind

This show was more about tits than it was about zombies.

COOL JAPAN

Perfection.

Yamato Nadeshiko

My feeling for Shizuka are always so conflicted, she is really hot, great tits and slightly fuckable bimbo attitude, but then I remember that guy who died in the first episode, died for nothing, simply because Shizuka is really fucking dumb.

I think she redeemed herself

That part was so fucking stupid
>Saya parents are probably died when leaving the mansion
>Hiro tells her to stay strong
>Hiro kills a girl that he "loved" after knowing for a few days
>I GIVE UP
What a bitch

Yeah the way so many characters acted was incredibly stupid.
>"I just tried to rape someone but don't worry I don't ALWAYS act that way"

Had he asked, i bet she would have been down too.

Teacher is a slut, and Glasses is a bitch boi.
Looking back, the series was pretty shit

I like her because she seems to be the only female in the main cast who's not a bitch, crazy, or both. You can actually imagine yourself in a comfortable relationship with her. I like Saeko a lot, too, but she's fucking nuts and I'm not sure I want to deal with that on a long-term basis.

I've always found it entertaining at least
His schlock is fun but I wish Inazuma would write just a normal sol type series just to see good girls without the constant threat of rape or zombies.

we still think saeko is the best though, not that disgusting titty monster

When the best thing you can say about a character is they're not a psycho I think we might have a fundamental issue.

Being used goods.