Rurouni Kenshin Hokkaido Arc

The Jump SQ featuring the return of Kenshin comes out today in Japan.

Here are spoilers.
tieba.baidu.com/p/5298508558?pn=0&

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-09-03/newspaper-new-live-action-rurouni-kenshin-film-in-the-works/.120897
youtube.com/watch?v=hqkju685q9U&t=606s
youtu.be/hqkju685q9U
Sup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Poor Watsuki.

Indeed.
>Being forced to keep milking your dead series because people didn't like your posterior work.

How many failed works did make since? There was Gun Blaze West and Busou Renkin off the top of my head.

Were they even bad? Or were they good but just unpopular for whatever reason?

Busou Renkin wasn't a failed work.

It was a mediocre one with topnotch waifu. Like an alternate universe version of Bleach where the right girl wins.

>where the right girl wins

Does this take place after Kenshin loses the ability to do hiten mitsurugi style?

Yes. That's why he uses a gun now.

Yes. There's a prologue to this story somewhere. Search for it. It's really cool.

Gunblade?

Apparently Kaoru's dad is alive and living in Hokkaido, and they're going to meet him.

I liked it when Kenshin has short hair, this continues after the end of the manga but his hair is long now even though he got a cut

Wait, what the fuck?

So this is what someone desperate for money makes.

oro?

I didn't see this page in the link posted

Because it's spoilers, not the full raw.

Um... wasn't the fact that he was dead established in literally the first chapter?

This is so fucking retarded.

>How to ruin your previous work in one chapter

Sup Forums I know we like to laugh at Watsuki, but this is honestly just sad. Kenshin was pretty damn good and now its just a dried husk.

Nothing changes the fact that the original manga is a shounen masterpiece, fag.

>mediocre
I heard you talking shit senpai.

>Already making the series jump the shark in the first episode

Holy fuck that was quick

Is this for real? I didn't thought Watsuki was capable of doing shit as ridiculous as this

This is truly magical.
We are seeing someone exhume a corpse from its hollow grave, and than raping it.

Well to be honest, we never saw the body.

Ichirukifags never fail to make me laugh.

Not that that matters, we saw Kaoru's body and that ended up being fake.

He looks like he belongs in one of Mentaiko's bara doujins

You fags are way overreacting. You just like to bully authors and people. Probably because you were bullied in school.

No one is overreacting though. He's supposed to be dead.

You said it yourself. He was SUPPOSED to be dead. Except he wasn't and no one knew until now. It happens.

animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-09-03/newspaper-new-live-action-rurouni-kenshin-film-in-the-works/.120897

FINALLY? JINCHUU FUCKING ARC!?

>The original article concerned Takei's announcement last Friday of her marriage with Exile band member Takahiro, as well as her pregnancy, being a breach of contract
>as well as her pregnancy, being a breach of contract

Shouldn't the government be like paying her for actually reproducing?

Can't wait for NERVES OF INSANITY

this was so stupid

the whole jinchuu arc sucked

What happened Shishio's Mugenjin successor? that kid dead in this timeline?

This arc is about him.

Someone did a translation of the available pages

Reading his author notes from the manga got me to sympathize with the man. A shame he hasn't hit it begin with any non-Kenshin works. Now the dude is digging up a grave for sustenance.

He's a pretty shitty dad to just leave his daughter alone for all those years. Unless they pull an amnesia card.

>dont know how to raise a daughter
>fake death
>????

So I guess Reflections doesn't count.

Hokkaido? Does this mean we get to see best character, Saitou?

What the fuck, he'd better bring back the Soujiro soon or else this stupid corpse fucking arc is gonna ruin the entirety of Ruroken

Finally Jinchuu.

Unlike most adaptations, the Kenshin ones are actually good.

We get to see everyone

Jump has no choice. All the profitable manga have ended.

Reminder that Seisouhen can still be considered canon until contradicted.

Why couldn't they make Yahiko or the Ashitaro guy the MC instead?

>Yfw it's a trap.

The new antagonist is Shishiou's successor after all.

I figure that's more or less what it's gonna end up being, just gonna push it with Kenshin to get people reading.

But this Ashitaro guy is turning out to be a real Gary Stu with the whole "He's already powerful even without training" thing going on with him.

Does this guy use Nitoryuu?

>Were they even bad? Or were they good but just unpopular for whatever reason?

Busou Renkin is actually pretty cool. I liked it a lot.

this better be an identical twin uncle or some shit

God damnit Watsuki.

Not sure but in today's chapter he pulled off a Shishio move, the one that generates fire

whoa o o o o o whoa o o o o o dadada dadada

Will someone scanlate this? I'll even take JB or Niggerstream.

How will be the adaptations of other series then, because seeing the Rurouni Kenshin live action I felt second hand embarrassment. Some fight scenes well cool, I have to admit that.

>well cool
were cool

excellent casting and costuming just like the gintama one.
>And then you have western adaptations thata era a huge emberassement that no one like but Hollywood still insists in shitting out one every year.

Of course it doesn't count.
Some other user in another thread about this a couple weeks ago even had a link with Watsuki saying he didn't like the ending.

Second this. Try tumblr maybe, or see if Viz Media will do a simulpub. I can't see shit from where I live

It's Interesting how that's what he look like. In the anime, they show a flashback of the father and look nothing like that. Has a 1800's western mustache and slick back hair

Its been awhile since i follow up with Kenshin series. Can someone clarify me the chronological timeline of all the canon series up till the latest?

Shishio side story (I forgot the name of title)

Rurouni Kenshin manga- (Tokyo arc, Kyoto arc, Jinchuu arc)

Rurouni Kenshin Side Story: The Ex-Con Ashitaro

And now the new series Hokkaido Arc.

Never mind, I found name.

"Controlling Flame -Rurouni Kenshin: Hidden Chapter"

youtube.com/watch?v=hqkju685q9U&t=606s

In honor of hokkaidou

What about the director's cut movie? When does it take place?

the flash back movie? Well that's shown in Jinchuu arc. but timeline wise, 10 years before start of tokyo arc.

trust and betrayal is in the manga, reflections is non-cannon

youtu.be/hqkju685q9U

check out the video guys, the last few minutes run downs the order and timeline
youtu.be/hqkju685q9U

Maybe this will finally lead to a decent anime adaption.

I hope deen doesn't do that anime adaption.

>SHin Kyoto hen
>reflections
>Kenshin season 3

only good thing is trust and betrayal

they most likely will knowing that deen has done everything kenshin related since S3

even if the manga is meh, nothing can be worse than Shin Kyoto Hen and Reflections

Did you guys ever see the offical kenshn tv website? Had 2 pvs of Shin Kyoto hen with an improved kenshin vs soujiro and shishio fight that was cut for that trash we got in the final product

are you trying to make us dislike the maker of this video, by pretending to shill it? I don't know what you have against him, but please keep it out of the thread, we don't need you shitting up

and if you are the video maker, posting your video here, especially more than once is against the rules, and also counter productive to your goals as people are much more likely to respond negatively to you

My bad, I didn't mean to post it more than once, I hit the wrong timemarker and i didn't know how to delete the comment

It's fucking weird how badly Kenshin has been treated in animation.
It's like they go out of their way to sabotage the original material.

okay so that's you reply, new to the Sup Forums thing, how do i delete the multiply videos? And yeah i'm the maker, idky my name says anonymous

SKH is worse than reflections imo, especially the second ova

Trust and Betrayal is fucking Kino

couldn't agree more, I can deal with Reflections cuz of Yahiko vs Kenji and Jinchu, but Shin Kyoto hen? jfc

I think is a nice settle, is just looking for her father so no more drama but a travel ala Samurai champloo but with the family. I am ok with this.

seeing that trailer on the site made me visibly angry, and it's funny you can only watch there.

I'll find the link.

speaking of, when's the Kenshin bluray? ffs and re print trust and betrayal at an afordable price aniplex, or give it funi

click the white box above your post, then hit the delete button at the bottom of the page, and also read this Sup Forums.org/faq

I'd also recommend dropping the name and posting as anonymous as well as not asking things like "how do I delete my post"

DEEN and Aniplex love shitting on Kenshin

Do I need to watch Trust and Betrayal if I already read the manga? From what I know, it covers the Tomoe flashback arc, right?

you don't, but it is a lovely adaption of the tomoe flashback so it'll be worth it if you do

It's a pretty well directed ova with nice visuals and great music. Most people like it and it's a 2 hours well spent in my opinion.
>From what I know, it covers the Tomoe flashback arc, right?
Correct
>Do I need to watch Trust and Betrayal if I already read the manga?
Not necessary, but see what I wrote earlier.

Viz is simulpubbing.