If you think about it Madoka is just an upgraded version of Evangelion

If you think about it Madoka is just an upgraded version of Evangelion.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pWZPcfPOTt8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YpuRcmPnSTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

True, both are shit.

Madoka was good. You've got to at least admit that.

>upgraded

Truthfully the only good part about Eva was EOE and even still I had more fun watching Rebellion.

Isn't that what it's called when something is the exact same but better?

>Madoka was good

No, that makes no sense and you're dumb. They're not really comparable.
Kuso thread.

It was good though?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pWZPcfPOTt8
See?

>They're not really comparable
>gets compared all the time

Posting youtube anime reviews should be a bannable offense

Yeah, by idiots.

I recently watched Eva because of the hype and it's clearly outdated. I think it's all mostly nostalgia.

The inability of Sup Forums to enjoy anything will forever baffle me.

>everybody is an idiot except me

What's really going on here user?

They love these shows they just have to pretend to hate them so nobody calls them a newfag

I'm pretty sure Sup Forums enjoyed Madoka. It was clearly the most discussed series while airing since Sup Forums has existed.

You're being an idiot is what

>i have no argument whatsoever so i'll just greentext quote the same text with smug anime girl picture
Every fucking time.

They're both deconstruction anime. That's one comparison already. You're already wrong right there.

This, Evangelion has too much meandering and has no buildup so the conclusion doesn't feel deserved. With Madoka there is a general progression and the viewer grows alongside the characters. Not to mention that the Madoka movie is eons better than End of Evangelion could only hope to be.

>They're both deconstruction anime
No they're fucking not.

Me not liking Madoka does not mean that I "can't enjoy anything". It's like saying "Hey you didn't like my favorite anime therefore you can clearly not enjoy any other series"

Why are Madokafags always so obnoxious?

>Every fucking time.
Then you should be used to it by now.

They need to remake the Eva series to people can actually finish it before quitting so that they can actually make it to EOE. The series has never been good.

Not to mention episode 10 of Madoka was voted the best anime episode of all time.

I thought it was more inspired by Utena.

eva is pretentious as fuck but it does have a little splash of substance at the bottom. madoka has nothing.

its about as close to utena as it is to eva, as in, not close at all.

Really? You do realize Anno said all the "substance" in Eva is just for show while Madoka is based on Faust and has a shit ton of hidden lore and hidden meaning in the series right?

Urubuchi is way cooler than Anno as well.

This music in Madoka is original unlike Eva which basically stole a bunch of classical music. The series is all around better.

the two shows are only comparable in a loose sense, as both are more or less dissections of characters and their flaws. eva is better overall but madoka did what (i presume) it wanted to very well.

>eva is better overall

Why?

because i like it more, i just felt the character interactions were way more meaningful in eva. along with that, the way evangelion ended felt natural while it seems like the end of rebellion was forced to ensure there'd be more madoka movies to come.

First of all you didn't understand the ending of Rebellion and you're basically saying you like Eva more because of nostalgia. I've seen both and I watched Eva as a kid so I do have a strong connection with it but to say it's anywhere as good as Madoka is quite frankly a joke.

Eva was mostly forgettable and monotonous. Madoka was a masterpiece and had remarkable impact.

I wouldn't say Eva is forgettable. It's just not as good as Madoka was.

no, i'm saying that the character interactions generally held more weight than in madoka. the only interactions that even really matter are any interaction involving homura which is not how it should be.

Madoka was literally twelve episodes long. The character interactions were just fine.

>Madoka
>Better

exactly, it was only 12 episodes long so the pointless interactions should've been minimal but instead they make up over half the show. if it wasn't kyubey or homura talking to someone the conversation could've been skipped because it didn't advance the story.

/a recommended me Madoka a few years ago and i really enjoyed the ride.
stop being a contrarian user, Madoka is fine.

>They're both deconstruction anime
subverting expectations is different from deconstructing user.

Memeva is pretentious drivel, Madoka is actually really dark if you understand what are you looking at, but who cares, it literally doesn't matter.

You're probably the only one that thought that. Madoka is probably the best of the best in terms of advancing the story and the

I watched after hearing good things about it

It was ok but I wouldn't rewatch it or anything.

I wouldn't rewatch any anime that isn't comedy. That doesn't mean anything I won't rewatch is bad. It just means I don't want to watch the same series again.

it's wonderful when you find yourself being surprised about the shit that they throw at you, like when you see the ending of the six sense for the first time.
just for that i would recommend Madoka to anyone to see it at least once with no previous info about the series.

With how dated Eva is it really doesn't belong in this conversation anymore. Realistically almost nobody used to modern anime is going to watch the Eva series and enjoy it. There are some series that age well like Bebop or whatever and the Eva series isn't one of them although the movie is decent still. The problem is you have to watch the series first.

I actually think the whole thing was just really rushed. These are just my impressions from watching it years ago, but the story felt very compressed, which gave rise to multiple contrivances just to make bad things happen to Sayaka (Whom had a large portion of the show dedicated to her struggles and eventual fall). Kyouko seemed to change her opinion on Sayaka in the blink of an eye, which felt pretty jarring. Sayaka's self-destruction felt rather forced on the whole, and I felt like it was happening because the story needed her to blow up, rather than it being an out growth of her character.

I'm mentioning Sayaka a lot, because honestly, I consider her one of the most important characters in the show. It's through her that we actually see most of the uniquely bad things that can happen to a magical girl in that setting, and it was her suffering that ultimately exposed Kyubee, though her wasn't trustworthy from the get go. Homura is important, yes, but we only see that in an info dump. Everywhere else she's just a brooding "bad girl" who has an abnormal fixation on Madoka.

>Eva
>forgettable

kyoko and sayaka's relationship made sense because the motivation for kyoko's initial fight was to prevent sayaka from making the same mistake as her, the issue was sayaka was a dumb fuck and was never able to figure it out until she went witch.

only shit that even mattered in madoka was the big reveal behind homu which is the last 2 or 3 episodes? The first episodes are complete trash , the girls wishes are dumb as fuck, and the only memorable things are mami decap and kyubei.

Eva at least gave us jerk off memes and shit like RE:Death

>Homura is important, yes, but we only see that in an info dump. Everywhere else she's just a brooding "bad girl" who has an abnormal fixation on Madoka.

It's easy to simplify an anime to make your point. I could just as easily say Asuka wasn't important because she was a rotten girl and she was only used as a plot device to get Shinji to toughen up. The only good point you made in your entire life post is Kyoko changing her opinion about Sayaka which is actually very debated in Madoka threads.*

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YpuRcmPnSTM

>when you can't refute so you just post memes

>The first episodes are complete trash , the girls wishes are dumb as fuck
the idea is to make you believe that you are watching sailor moon and realize afterwards what's the show is actually going to be about.
you went knowing what to expect, that's your fault.

fpbp

What you said was said out of anger and didn't mean anything. I responded appropriately.

I feel like I was the only one who felt the show was "dark" right from the first episode. The color use was rather gloomy, the introduction of the mascot was him getting shot up by a magical girl, the monster was far more imposing and disturbing looking than is usual in something like PreCure, etc. It felt like things were going to go south from the outset to me.

k

Why isn't the show called Homura?

i suspected something of course, but the decapitation was unexpected and while i didn't like the ending of the show (i think,it's been a while) with the movies Madoka overall is rather satisfactory for what it is, would recommend/10.

evangelion ( and i watched that in real time because i am an oldfag) was amazing at the time, but i suspect that it aged like milk, i prefer to retain the memory than to confirm how shit it is by today standards desu.
want to watch the rebuild but i am waiting for the fourth fuckig movie to be released.

Your criteria for what "matters" makes no sense. The end of the series would have no meaning without the beginning, seeing what it actually means to be a magical girl and what these characters go through. That stuff IS the meat of the plot.

Why isn't Legend of Zelda called Legend of Link?

I don't see how your post is related to mine

Wrong post. The point still stands.

>Eva fans pointing out tiny, minute problems with Madoka

This scene was twelve minutes long.

eva had budget restrictions, like really bad ones, you should know this by now.
also eva as interesting at it was, it was full of pace problems and fans filled a lot of holes in the plot.
i have no idea why anyone would compare evangelion and madoka tho.
what point?

>eva had budget restrictions
Should have done what Madoka did and made the series shorter.

Madoka is just a Lain rip off.

The point of the thread.

that didn't happen for a reason.
stop being ignorant, or at least inform yourself before shitposting, will be nicer for the rest of us.

why pople need to fight each other instead of enjoying a fucking chinese cartoon?
this is like those kaji fuckers shitposting in kakugurui threads, just enjoy both for fuck' sake.

The reason was Eva was half assed and all the symbolism was just for style.

Anno doesn't even support or like his fans. In fact he hates them.

He's probably justified in that outlook

I just think it's funny that the fans try so hard and the creator won't even stand behind them.

yes.
there is something interesting about eva, and it's that fans created a lot of stuff around the series (like hidden meaning of stuff or crazy fan theories) and years later we know that a lot of shit is half assed, they don't have a real secret meaning or the iconic still frames were because they didn't have money to animate them.
Eva lost a lot of charm for me after knowing this, also
again, i am waiting for the 4th movie, but what's the general consensus about rebuild?

The rebuilds were created as a middle finger to the original fans and to bring in new fans. I'm not even joking.

shit, gonna watch it then.
there is no reason to wait if they suck, thanks user.

flat stomach is better than abs

If you'd post an interview I'd believe it, but I kind of do anyway. Anno hates Eva fans more than anything else in the world.

i respect your opinion but i disagree.

There's a literal Mary Sue in the movies with a giant pink Evangelion.

You're just a contrarian.

>evafags
>not obnoxious
Eva threads are always incoherent garbage that argue over shitty girls, how they can "fix asuka with their dick" spare me your lecture on who is obnoxious.

Shut up. Anonymous is singular.

its like im looking at a man's stomach homo

No, Anno said in the CRC for 2.22 that he wanted to "destroy Eva" for the simple reason of escapist otaku.

Honestly the best way to do this IMO would to NTR Asukafags with their shitty waifu getting the bbc. We would never hear of people waifuing her ever again, peace would return to the earth.

shhhhh, it's ok.

That single frame managed to capture more heart and emotion than the entirety of Madoka and I actually like Madoka.

>don't like thing
>contrarian
Typical Madotard response

If you can't state reason other than "I don't like it" then you are just being a contrarian hipster.

Kill yourself.

>stop being a contrarian
DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE LAD?

sorry m8, sometimes i do :^)

>Upgraded