Boruto: Naruto The Next Generation

Why is the Manga so terribly boring? The Anime so far has been fun but as soon as the Movie arc ends we'll get into the Manga which is not only boring but also feels like a redo of early Naruto and Shippuden.

Discount Minato/Sasuke lookalikes

Wew.

come early original bort manga material everyone's a pretty good ninja, there's no sense of tension or danger, bort's got his god seal and killer move in the rasengan already, his sidekick has sage mode and a chakra cloak-ish, salad unlocked her sharingan via bad parenting instead of watching the murder of her family hundreds of times or fighting a jonin-class ninja in a fight that ended with her "dead", akatsuki-equivalent's been introduced in the most hamfisted way possible, and the mentor character has been established as irrelevant

how you can compare this to bell test or land of waves i've got no idea

Is Sasuke in line for ice cream?

The series has been incredibly boring. I don't see it lasting very long.

it's the last worldly pleasure he allows himself

He is running away

i've gotta give it to orochimaru

it's really impressive his angsty kerfluffle with a bunch of hungry snakes did more damage to village overall than two alien gods from another dimension with a bijuudama

Sakura looks like those wannabe milfs that buy clothes a size smaller so everything will look extra tight on her.

So was it actually Salads cord they tested for the DNA?

What does this even mean?

i forgot what early Naruto looked liked

Does Sasuke feel any kind of affection towards Sakura? It is a Vegeta like love or he is just cold and distant because he doesn't care about them?

yeah it was sketchier, there was less dedication to keeping things on model, but there was more contrast in the inking and way better gore. i personally think shit like the eight tailed fox breaking through pain's chibaku tensei looks about on par with anything in part 1 but most of the war arc and the entire kaguya fight was a shit show of horrible art. there's a tankobon blurb from i think sometime in 2014 where kishi admits that he cut his drafting time in half at some point and man does it show

no vegeta actually stays at home and raises their kid and fucking bribes him with taking him to the park for an hour at some point. vegeta's legitimately a good dad. cold and distant is an understatement, sasuke's an absentee parent

>Sasuke has to use susano to carry the other ice cream cone

It's time. Post lewd Himawaris.

Because Hawawa is still missing.

This

>Sasuke will never hold hands with his daughter and wife at the same time

True suffering

how do you think the manga will introduce Hawawa? flashback of the anime content or completely new stuff?

>piggy back ride daughter while holding waifu's hand

Maybe a few subtle references to the anime, I doubt they'd do a whole flashback. I like to imagine Boruto's in trouble and the last page is Sumire coming to help him.

>Sasuke
>holding some harlot's hand
His hand is for Uzumakis only.

he has options, this thing and asura path. who knows if either will ever show up in canon material, he seems to have forgotten either of his eyes can even use genjutsu considering how he didn't just get straight to the point with the fat dude bort and pals fought

Sasuke trying to get an ice cream while hoping his family doesn't notice he's in town.

Cute. I like how he's watching over his family from the shadows like he does with the entire village. He really is the "other" Hokage.

>oh no i lost an arm

Exactly. I can picture Sasuke going
>oh no, it's my maid and my kid Zucchini
>I hope i can buy a popsicle before they notice I'm in town
>I'm gonna be late to train Bort
>I wonder how my woods are doing

>anime viewership has been down since end of ghost arc
Really makes you think

>he buys the father-son popsicle from part 1 and shares it with Bort

Reminder that Nardo still has his sage of six paths powers.
Don't listen to the Nardo downplayers.

>Never does it with Salad
I NEED to see this animated.

i'm a nardofag but come on, it was a mistake and he didn't have it in the next chapter

his endgame powers came from having all the tailed beast chakra anyway, the yang seal was just for chibaku tensei and got used up when he cast the jutsu with sasuke

I thought they would've added that in the ramen episode with Naruto and Bort

Because Naruto contained it all, remember?

Know your powerlevels

I like the manga. I wish Kishi drew it though.

Sakura is such a milf. But I think the manga is interesting by basis of being "new." It has potential to do something different or more than Naruto.

What is brown haired Minato doing there?

Aleins were efficient. They only attacked one place, got what they wanted, and left immediately.

Pain did the most damage out of anyone, and that's because that's all he was seeking to do.

Naruto contained the explosion, but there was hardly anything left of the chunin exam stadium.

So we're supposed to get a Boruto manga preview on Thursday about Kara?

>host a chunin exam
>get attacked
everytime

No, the preview is already out. We'll get the chapter on Thursday.

>Already out.
>Get the chapter on Thursday.
???

The preview that tells us what's gonna happen in the new chapter is out already. The chapter itself isn't out yet.

one of these days an alien bijuudama is gonna deflect around kurama's head but barrel right into the earth's core

Absolutely this. Need more Sumire and more of the other new kids as well. Boruto is great when he doesn't have anything to do with Naruto or Sasuke.

No, the series was picking up in the ghost arc and the end of ep 15 built a lot of hype that went nowhere because of Gaiden.

The further from Kishi's autism and the closer to Hawawa, the better

I disagree. The gaiden adaptation isn't doing well because most people have already read it and know what the twist it's about, it also doesn't help that the story is total shit and actually misuses the ninja Jesus pair. The Bort movie is still the best content that has came out of the next generation project, and it had plenty of Naruto and Sasuke.

*is about. I will add that I ultimately agree on the new gen kids needing to take center stage in order for the franchise to have staying power away from its predecessor's shadow, but Naruto and Sasuke being on the gaiden isn't the problem, in fact, their presence was what made people pick it up in manga format in the first place.

kishi was responsible for some shit shit, but he was also responsible for some really cool shit

The manga is going to need at least a year of lead time if not more of new storyline content before the anime gets anywhere near to adapting it. Not likely to happen for another seven months or so at the earliest.

The movie project is the best when it comes to animation and action, that's for sure, but the plot was shit and brought nothing to the table. The anime has Momoshiki and Kinshiki as actual characters that most likely will have more impact and characterization than the sudden jobbers than they were in the manga and movie. The character development for Boruto was super basic and badly executed, I am sure SP can do much better than Kishi in this regard.

>The Bort movie is still the best content
Bort was such a little shit in that movie, I still think the anime is better. And we have more than enough of Naruto and Sasuke, we don't need more.

Why is Hokage/Dad Naruto so likable?

Most people complained about the plot and only let it slide because at the end it's still a fucking children's series.

Actually I prefer the manga.

But I just want to know, who the hell is Metal Lee's mother?!

Because Kishi isn't writing the anime

I'm looking forward to how the TV anime adapts the movie plot. Yamashita seemed interested in fleshing out the villains and exam so hopefully we get some interesting stuff out of it.

The problem with Naruto and Sasuke is that the more they are in screen, the more the focus shifts to them, because of course the viewers want to see more of them, they are used to watch them as the main focus for more than 15 years, but their story is done already, and giving them more focus would be like extending their story needlessly. Naruto is supposed to be over already. The only way to actually continue the series and have potential to be good is completely shifting the focus away from them, and the best way to do this is to give more focus and development to the new kids and their own completely new affairs that they will have to face by themselves.

Kobayashi's been hyping up the upcoming episode again. Gaiden has been pretty weak with its animation, but the climax should hopefully deliver some impressive action scenes. Also, this will probably be the first time Sakura gets a well-animated action scene since episode 26 of Shippuden.

i liked him on the basis of being a little shit. if this series ever stops being a trainwreck with a bunch of characters with huge brain problems doing inexplicable and retarded things there goes like half the entertainment factor

i always liked naruto and sasuke best as a team that could play off each other rather than as two guys doing their own thing, having all his hopes and dreams fulfilled so he has less stuff to shout about is a bonus

I'm hyped.

Just a reminder that canonically the 3rd Hokage in his old age and Especially in his youth was

>Stronger than Orochimaru who could fight the 4-tail Naruto while sick
>Stronger than the 3rd Raikage who could defeat the full 8-tails by himself
>Stronger than the other living Kage
>Stronger than 3rd Tsuchikage with his LASER beams

He's also one of the few characters that has 5 nature release + yin & yang without any special bloodlines.

And yet that is all he demonstrates.

Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.
However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.
Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to Sup Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

I miss frogs. Naruto rarely use them anymore outside making Jiraiya parallels. I hope he will make Boruto sign the contract, it goes very well with his "worker in the shadows" goal, just remember all the cool stuff Jiraiya could do with them.

>i liked him on the basis of being a little shit. if this series ever stops being a trainwreck with a bunch of characters with huge brain problems doing inexplicable and retarded things there goes like half the entertainment factor
Naruto being downgraded from the good series it was in part 1 to the Uchiha circlejerk that was part 2 was what made the series a joke in the anime community. I prefer it being as close to part 1 as possible than the shit it was post-timeskip, especially after Pain.

We've all read the current arc.

>
>>I wonder how my woods are doing

You got me.

And it's just as shit now as it was when it first came out

>Mitsuki ends up signing the contract with frogs

The difference is that this time around we couldn't get new memes. I miss TWO AND HALF MINUTES already.

You don't need gimmicks when you are a master of ALL the basics.

let's hope

i don't think he can. he used a snake summon to track bort in the latest chapter. unless that's just a regular snake that hangs out with him

T W O A N D A H A L F M I N U T E S

So what's up with the teams on this? We know Konahamaru's team, which is just plain op, and then ina-shika-cho, but who are Metal's teammates? Are Denki and Iwabe even going to show up in the manga?

I want to see another Konoha 9 or 11.

They have to appear

Konoha 12, Metal will team up with Denki and Iwabe, and then Sumire, Namida, and Wasabi will form another team

So what? Naruto and Sasuke are in-story reincarnations of gods, they're obvious exceptions to the rule. Reminder that until the end of the story your average shinobi was considered "strong" for knowing fireball jutsu and above-average taijutsu. Most of the important characters we see in the story are considered monsters by almost everyone else in-story, especially Naruto and Sasuke. Hell, they're considered living nukes by other characters in the story

Because he made it. His story, for better or worse, came to a satisfying conclusion

shizune and ayame looking good at this wedding

Tsunade interacting with the kids when

And now Shizune is a grandcake at around 44 years old.

hope metal lee tries to fug. lee was into sakura but i think his kid can surpass his taste

Still pissed Kakashi didn't find someone...hell, It'd be great to have him marry outside the village and become a dignified Konoha ambassador or something, post-Hokage term of course

>Bort was such a little shit in that movie
That's the whole point, it's good precisely because he started it as little shit and ended up becoming a better person from realization of his mistakes and flaws. That's character development, the thing that constitutes a good story. Anime Boruto is just Naruto, he's just a nice slightly cocky person that's good at everything, there's nothing interesting about that and there's no possible development in store.

>tfw Sausage has kissed Naruto more than Sakura.

i thought the thing that constituted a good story was its ability to evoke genuine emotion out of people

like i don't mind a static character cruising through stuff as long as i'm invested in whatever's happening. i mean i don't really like bort but there's nothing wrong with a static character. like guy's pretty much the same dude beginning to end

>realization of his mistakes and flaws
This is exactly what the movie failed to portray. Where exactly is the part where he acknowledges Naruto's work as a Hokage and the importance of his position? The part where Naruto couldn't protect her mother? That's the part where he should actually be pissed at him and not the part where he just sends a clone to his daughter's birthday. Or maybe it was the part where he put up a good fight? This is not even related to the main conflict of the movie and of their characters, but it was the part that made Boruto "become a better person". Bullshit. The movie's plot was shit and failed hard to get character development right.

*his

If you want a specific break point it's when Naruto sacrifices himself for Boruto and everybody else at the stadium, because it's symbolized by Boruto taking Naruto's old jacket after it (jackets are also overall symbolical representation of him and Naruto and their difference). However, it's actually happening gradually from the moment Boruto starts to learn rasengan and completely finishes when Naruto is giving him a big rasengan. Man, you fail to see even through a children's cartoon story, I wouldn't want to know your assessment when reading actual literature.

Man, you sure like shabby writing. You know what is significant interaction between Naruto and Boruto? The ep 18 scene of them going for ramen in which Boruto actually learns about his father's life and perspective. This is gradual character development. Interactions that don't have to rely on shock value make a point. You can't say that Boruto actually understood Naruto or anything in the movie, he was just fighting, their only interaction in the battlefield was actually the moment where he turbocharged Boruto's ransengan, and that's good writing? That made Boruto change? Good joke.

why didn't sasuke just kill naruto pre-shippuden to het an early mangekyo

a movie needs to be punchy and truncate to fit the story they need to tell in its limited runtime. anime can afford to meander a little with its indefinite total run, whatever that'll end up being

and yeah maybe the rasengan flashes to the past were a little ridiculous but this is the same series with ninshu. where slamming your big energy attack against another guy's energy attack literally shares memories and transports you into a sea of stars to talk and retardedly none of it is a metaphor. i wouldn't be surprised if bort actually got those flashbacks to neji and jiraiya, his two non-naruto namesakes

You are exactly 100% opposite of right (I could say you're wrong, but that wouldn't fully represent exactly how much you're wrong). For starters Boruto didn't learn or understand anything in the ramen episode, he completely ignored Naruto and stayed exactly the same as he was before, nothing about him changed from that scene. Second, Boruto did understand Naruto in the movie perfectly well, the thought "how much did go through to get that far?" is the pinpoint of his understanding of Naruto, as Sasuke told him earlier Boruto didn't need to understand who Naruto is, he had to understand how much Naruto had to go through to get to where he is, and he did by the end of it. That was good writing.

I am not blaming the movie for what it was. It was after all a self-contained movie and Kishi didn't even think about it too much, he was just projecting his family issues. It was the end of a phase for him. The action was good I guess, but it's certainly not the best from Boruto the series. It was actually rushed and inconsistent, and the anime's Boruto is gradually having a way better character development than all he "went through" in the movie.

really the only insanely bad writing in that movie was naruto, the guy whose trademark is finding bullshit shortcuts to make hard stuff he shouldn't be able to do work, not finding a method to make his life as hokage more manageable. this is a problem with all three versions of bort though

i feel like chapter 700 got it the best, where it came across like his absence was doubling as a life lesson to bort that dad couldn't coddle him for the rest of eternity. like toughen the fuck up son, when uncle kakashi was six he was already jonin