GATE

Anyone still reading this? I remember seeing constant threads back in 2014.

The manga was the best thing to come from that shitty web novel. Sao Satoru knows how to scratch my 90s manga nostalgia.

Yeah I've been religiously following the manga for a while now.

Once they go to kill the dragon the story stops being shit. Current arc is the best so far. We came a long way from denying Nanking.

Haven't read it since the anime aired. Maybe I'll go back.

People stopped talking about it because releases have slowed to an absolute crawl. One chapter every other month or so.

I've only watched the anime and tried to read it afterwards. I feel odd because I don't exactly know where to pick it up after.

What's going on so far?

You should start reading from chapter 1. The anime is really bad in comparison to the manga, mainly due to the horrible art style in the anime. See pic for comparison.

This shit pissed me off to no end. Fucking idolshit character designs.

hoping to see more chapters released

actually waiting to see if the author make do his plans for Gate 2: JMSDF: the electric boogaloo continues

Now it will be complete slaughterfest since the real meat of JSDF is the Navy, which is designed to fight China, Best and Worst Corea and Russia all at the same time.

The JSDF wank got to me after a while.

This taught me what the Japanese version of Hollywood's complete ignorance of the military looks like.

It wasn't even the worst disappointment.

I think maybe there was a backlog so no scanslations were coming out pretty often. Once they caught up there wasn't enough content coming out frequently enough to maintain that many threads.

Wish they can release the manga quickly, i reread this manga like fking 5 times already...

When ever translations decide to release on my feed. Still waiting for them to pass where the show left off.

That was a massive improvement.

I don't know but in the anime I thought Kurokawa was quite cute.

It's shit.

Still am. It's been a while since the last chapter right?

The anime in general had the worst designs of every character. None of the women look like they work in the military beyond being secretaries or cock sleeves. And all the beastkin become generic catgirls. I know the LN supports this one but I honestly prefer how the manga makes them actual beast people. ANd actually introduced a better spectrum of how much fur:human features that were seen across characters.

This. It makes their designs more distinct and believable in a setting that's trying to be semi-realistic.

I still read the manga but it's tough because like it's not exactly being released at a pace conducive to discussion.

....Maybe I'd want Kurokawa as a cock sleeve, did you ever think of that? ....But anyway back to the subject at hand yeah it's an anime sponsored by the JSDF (Atleast that's what I heard) Of course they'd try to go for a semi realistic look of the characters... Well most of them anyway, afterall that is to a degree what would get recruitment up for it anyway.

I watched a bit of the anime. I dropped it a few episodes in when the nips didn't start raping and murdering the locals. I'm willing to put up with a lot of bullshit, nut this completely ruined my suspension of disbelief.

>Maybe I'd want Kurokawa as a cock sleeve, did you ever think of that?
I just treat it as the anime having a different target audience. Personally I would want to bed a nice soft bunny girl.

I do.
I'm still waiting for someone to scan the sequel.
We JMSDF now

You meant this?

Course I'm still reading it. Waiting for it to get past the anime is murder though. That anime was a mistake. Though I do enjoy all the new art we get. Like that cute dragonkin wizard girl in this chapter.

How the fuck did they get a submarine through that portal? Piece by piece and assembled it on the other side?

Why not? That's how they got the cargo planes and jets through.

Those are vastly simpler to assemble than a fucking submarine.

What, you're just NOT going to have maritime superiority because "It's hard"?

too waifu for the Sup Forumsfags

too Sup Forums for the waifufags

I couldn't keep reading it after the prince seized power.

The manga may have superior designs to the anime, but its still way behind in plot so there's really nothing to discuss with it. Just look at the pretty pictures then move on. If it ever catches up to the anime, I bet the threads will become more interesting again.

Might as well dump the new chapter.

As always thank /ak/

Man Tuka is really laying it on thick today

Dropped it at the minotaur/zombie shit, don't remember why. I didn't dislike it at the time. Is it still being constantly updated at /ak/?

>Is it still being constantly updated at /ak/?
hmm let me check

If I didn't know Grey was such a cool dude I would have accused him of being a villain by now.

I think it's more that you hardly need submarines to have naval superiority against wood ships

What if there are something like krakens in the water?

Rori look older to anyone here?

Super cute dragon girl wizard!

People are still reading this garbage? It has nothing to offer once the novelty wears off aside from monster girls.

That is one scary Rory.

And that's it for the month. Overall a good chapter I think.

and yet here you are

He had to let us know.

What happened after the cthulhu/alien invasion in the novel?

Bras dont exist in this world huh?

I'm not reading it, just shocked at how shit people's tastes can be.

Not from what I've seen.

The manga, yes. Still nicely drawn, but still very slow-going like other manga.

The wank is very much reduced in the last bunch of story arcs. Yea, the political / military decisions are still very weird when anything is decided, but not that much time is really spent on them. It got much more character-based.

>japs raped, tortured, and genocided Koreans and china's for being slightly different
>I'm supposed to believe that they'd be loving and accepting of literal monsters and demihumans

(At least mostly) well-written & well-drawn girls. Yup, that's good enough!

It's almost like people can change. And are you really bitching about the country that makes anime? They'd be the first ones down for that sort of thing. Western countries would have a harder time.

Just need to bring across a WWII era battleship, just one would be enough to tame the seas over there

I forgot about that side story. Twas cute.

did her tits get smaller in the anime?

loved the Kuri doujin

>did her tits get smaller
they turned her from a woman into a idol. She lost a lot of things.

Nah, not easily modern Japan. Okay, we don't know whether they'd fully accept surrenders by the military given thousands died, but they sure as fuck wouldn't generally murder normal villagers these days.

> Western countries would have a harder time.
I don't think so, no.

IRL, I figure either Japan nor the USA or EU would just steamroll that hostile government, instate any other replacement government that follows human rights and the other Earth rules, and then the gate essentially would be open both ways for international business / government interests and people.

Itami, you piece of shit. You get to travel the world with these cute girls and woman.

You see this is what I really like about the series now. We get some proper interactions between two different cultures. Ever since we started the sage Ark the series has really increased in quality.

Thanks /AK/ for the translation

this guy gets it