I just watched the disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and it's probably the best anime movie I've ever seen and I haven't...

I just watched the disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and it's probably the best anime movie I've ever seen and I haven't even watched the series yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/123552
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bait but agree

Just wondering why you would assume it's bait? It's a very well written show and I genuinely believe it's the best anime movie I've seen.

Usually people pretend to of 'Just found' Haruhi and try to bring up the decade long arguments about it

What are some arguments about it? If there was anything wrong with the movie it went completely over my head.

Pleb gonna pleb.

>he didn't watched the camrips on release
the fuck outta here

Mostly just about the show instead of the Movie
Like weither or not its an amazing show and deserved its place in the industry.

I can't say anything about the show but the movie clearly blew any anime movie I've ever seen out of the water and I've seen pretty much everything and I'm usually very fair about rating the things I watch. As much as I wish I could say my favorite anime movie is Mononoke, Akira or something stylish like that I really can't after seeing this movie.

I'm an oldass Sup Forums lurker and poster, and when the film came out, I recall tons of Anons praising it to heavens. Even years later.
No idea what has happened in the past couple years though.

I only called it bait because OP she he didn't watch the series before the movie.
I mean, c'mon.

Newfags think that Haruhi is just another copy past Slice of Life

oh, totally missed that detail. I should learn to read slowly.

I mean sure, what kind of moron watches a fucking sequel movie before the series?

I did it because I was bored and didn't have enough time to get invested in a series so I looked up popular anime movies and watched it. I wasn't expecting much but to maybe be entertained for a little bit but I actually really loved the show.

2/2

I actually watched the girl that lept through time first but it wasn't very good in my opinion. I was entertained but it wasn't anything special.

fair enough.
While I don't consider it to be THAT big of a loss, it does obviously reduce the TV-series' impact on the slow reveal of aliens, time travelers and espers being real.

I guess if anything it just proves the movie holds up as a stand alone.

If anything I'm actually very interested in watching the series now just to get a better understanding of the characters. Sure some parts of the movie were a little confusing but i like being confused. Rebellion and EOE are my next favorite movies.

I do however realize that EOE doesn't hold up and is kind of a meme show but I like it because of nostalgia and I'll admit that.

What order do you watch Haruhi in?

TV airing order first.
Chronological order LATER, if you want.

S3 never
Vol 11 never

What the fuck is Tanigawa doing?

I'll take your word for it. That seems easier anyways.

Trust me, it's designed like that.
Quite like the MGS games, no matter how the time period changes mid-show, the at-first seemingly unrelated events and episodes end up building a cohesive story that introduces details at steady pace.

haruhi is love

I'm guessing Haruhi and Kyon never fall in love?

Just watch the show.

Of course not, just listen to Kyon.

I'm going to watch it regardless but it's just frustrating when characters that obviously love each other never end up confessing or giving us that kiss scene that everybody wants even though they won't admit it. That's the one good thing about EOE despite what people say about it is at least we got that kiss scene and with two girls. We got an Asuka and a Misato kiss and that's not even counting the one with Maya and Ritsuko. If even settle for a handhold but time and time again I'm left with blue balls by these anime shows.

He loves ponytails.

Misato would look weird in a ponytail.

Someday Tanigawa's going to stop playing Dragon Quest or Idolmaster or whatever it is LN authors procrastinate with and finish the series and it'll be glorious.

if this isn't bait you ruined the series for yourself by watching the movie first

I didn't mean misato or shinji.

He's probably fucking loaded from Haruhi royalties after it took over the world for a few years. Even the gap between novels 9 and 10 was huge, then they split 10 into two novels because ???. also I think he has a law degree if he actually needs money

I might have but I feel like the only things I really learned that could really hurt me in the long run is that's Yuuki has no canon emotions and that the dark blue hair girl is a literal psychopath. Sure they all have powers but I figure I would have found that out pretty quick anyways because it's kinda the main point of the show.

It's hard to answer that without spoiling. Kyon acts more distant before Disappearance but that doesn't stop some scenes that clearly show their relationship growing from happening. But in my opinion they really start showing more love for each other in LN7 to 11 (the ones that werent adapted because we can't have nice things)

>also I think he has a law degree
That's really cool if true and explains Kyon's style perfectly. I'm just so used to LN authors being stinky freeter NEETs who can't stop writing since they're desperate.

Do you guys get the feeling this is kind of a Christmas movie?

did the Christmas party tip you off?

Well the show isn't really about Christmas at all but it just feels like a Christmas movie.

I usually rewatch it on Christmas Eve each year.

Could anybody else tell that Koyzumi had a raging man boner for Haruhi but was being cucked by Kyon even though he's better looking?

koizumi is like a robot though
I dont think hes even allowed to get hard

Haruhi is Santa Claus, she is a gift that brings joy to Kyon. Disappearance is kino

>tfw Haruhi's inner fujo might be making Goyzumi gay
feels bad man

>haven't seen there series yet

Every. Single. Time.

go read the novels

>required to read the LN to fully enjoy the series

That's what made NGNL kinda fall back.

Don't blame me, blame KyoAni.

I liked Dragonmaid so I'll let it slide.

Yeah but the Haruhi LNs are actually well-written and fun to read.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY LN12 TANIGAWA

WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY DISSOCIATION/SURPRISE MOVIES KYOANI

I don't know about most people but I've never had fun reading a LN in my entire life. I don't know what it is but I can't sit there and just read a LN. I like normal books but for whatever reson anime LNs just aren't fun for me.

Does someone here still have the camrip? I lost it when my HDD stopped working and I wanted to preserve it for nostalgia's sake, but I can't find any working DDL and every Torrent I find is dead.

It's mostly manchildren writing teenager fanfiction tier shit, but some are good.

Maybe it's because I love anime a lot specially for the art and how it's drawn and without that I sometimes imagine the characters as disgusting humans and it doesn't fit the anime setting.

Huh. I forgot about that detail in disappearance of Nagato. Are there any more subtle nods to events in the original timeline?

That's what the illustrations are for.

Camrip? Of the movie? You do realize blurays exist right?

Yes, and I do have a BDRip downloaded. As said, I wanted it to preserve it for nostalgia's sake.

God yes

>Looking for camrips after almost a decade since the movie premiered
baka

endless eight was complete bullshit

Most people deleted it as soon as internal or bluray rips came out. You'd probably have to dig up someones personal archive from 2ch to find that.

I have it, but not within reach. If I remember in a few hours I can probably put it up somewhere if nobody else does.
The thing that still stuns me about it is the complete silence during the credits.

Meant to reply to as well.

Thanks user, that would be really helpful. And indeed, that moment is wonderful.

Actually, here nyaa.si/view/123552
I did have it around.

We will never forget you, ALS-kun.

Thanks a lot user. That's rare to have, I will keep on seeding it when it's download in case someone else wants to have it at some point.

not him but I jumped on, and now I'm at 1.00 ratio so we probably spread the joy to that Spaniard as well

I'm the kind of person who reads LNs and manga aloud when I'm reading them untranslated. I find that helps my immersion, as does referencing the illustrations.

I heard it was fun if you watched it while it aired.

Threadly reminder that Kyon is God.

Sasaki said so, so it must be true.

Kyon is my God whether it's canon or not.
But then, what does that make her sister?

kek

This OP is a friendly guy but he's extremely stupid.

His wife

Then what would Haruhi be, his sex slave?

Isn't that obvious?

It should be the other way around, that sounds so wrong

That's okay as long as Nagato is for low impact consensual cuddling.

>I haven't even watched the series yet
Are we just going to ignore the fact the OP is an absolute fucking retard?

>coincidentally ended up close to Haruhi because his higher ups sent him to monitor Haruhi
>the higher ups force him to beta orbit Haruhi and watch helplessly as she and Kyon flirt nonstop
>grows accustom the situation and makes the best of it, enjoying his new friends
>Kyon thinks he's a weirdo, but keeps talking to him because he's the most reasonable person in the group
>the only time anyone takes him on adventures is when his higher ups organize one for everyone
>it turns out he's the highest authority in his organization
>he's too much of a pussy to make friends, so he shoehorns himself into their group using the organization as an excuse
He's one of the biggest beta orbiters ever.

Yet he's still able to make constant sexual jokes to Kyon.
You know what that means.

Nice bait.
>Characters: 7
>Character development: 7
Yeah, definitely bait.

lurk more underage

It means he knows it makes Kyon uncomfortable, but keeps doing it because Kyon never calls him out on it. He's just being passive aggressive.

>ywn be sexually harassed by an ESPer of Koizumi's tier

>to of

if he went back in time to save himself, and knew what was going to happen, why he still get stabbed?

agree with u bro

Not bait. More like pity points since Kimi No Na Wa doesn't have character development at all and we don't even get to know the characters all that well since the movie is so short.

To this date I am still glad that I dropped the thing on the third episode and never looked back.

Him getting stabbed was something that had to happen. What happens after that can be saved though.

Because he needs to be stabbed so history is repeated the same way, making sure everything goes back to normal. Otherwise, who knows what could have happened. Besides, his future self already knew he wouldn't die, only pass out.