Thoughts on Sam Harris?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PQyKLMJdhJM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Antissemitic piece of shit

Mother is Jew.

He is Jew.

Cannot trust.

Science is for people wih aspergers who can't figure out life emotionally and intuitively

I enjoy him and his autistic devotion to reason.

WHY WONT HE DEBATE ME

Liberal Jew from California.

>Antissemitic
Watching him get anally blistered over the "Muslim ban" on Bill Maher's show made me realized the kippah doesn't fall far from the yid.

People are always talking about how "smart" and logical" he is and I just don't see it. It doesn't make sense for it to be sarcasm either, because he's not stupid enough for it to be funny. He's like 115 IQ or something, not an idiot, above average even, but not an intellectual giant by any stretch. It's baffling.

This kike faggot is a shill who's distracting white westreners from the kike hidden plot to fuck Western culture. He keep pointing fingers at islam, but most people failed to see that. He's passing the jew buck and playing acedamic proxy shit.

He at least tries to be intellectually honest. Some of his content is good, some of it is bad. Also Harris is often too stupid to see the big picture

He's antisemitic ? I was about to pass by, now i might listen.

Not as smart as he believes, brings nothing new to the table

This. He attacks inbred creationists and other low hanging fruit the same way people have since the 1900's and acts like he has an IQ of 150 because of it. The way he talks down to people as if everyone around him is a literal retard is annoying to me.

Harris believes that his enlightened atheism is the future, when in reality atheism is going to disappear due to differing birthrates (religious views are heritable). Same thing with his anti-Islam views. He brags about converting 10 muslims per month with his rational analysis. Meanwhile a gorillion towelheads are born in the same time frame

Harris also acknowledges race and IQ, but fails to see (or doesn't dare talk about?) the implications. Would he like to live in a country that has an average IQ of 100, or 85? Which way is immigration moving that average?

Seems like a decently smart guy whose misunderstanding of Trump is mystifying and sheds light on how most American Jews view Trump overall.

>Since getting his PhD, he has conducted no scientific research.
>Since getting his PhD, he has taught no university/college courses in neuroscience.
>Since getting his PhD, he has devoted his efforts to his anti-religious think tank and publishing books, such as the one on using drugs and meditation to discover truths about our reality.
>He received his PhD through partial funding from his own atheist organization.
>He didn’t do any of the experiments for his own thesis work.
>His PhD thesis was about how science can determine what is right and wrong and he turned it into a book for sale.

Another Jewish Dr. Hypnotic Big Brains Talking Head.

Sam Harris has stated that he is against mass immigration from low IQ countries

Has he? For the most part he seems to hold all of the standard shitlib opinions. Where did he say that, and what did he say exactly? If he is against immigration, why doesn't he defend Trump on that point?

>He's a Jew
Everyone in this thread need a more defined criticism, for instance this and this The guys a member of the elite and has severe trump derangement syndrome and believes that not only is free will non-existent, but also doesn't exist. His own personal philosophy is that nihilism is the only right way of living and collectivism is very much so regressive and only practiced by brainlets.
The man is the athiest fedora meme in a middle aged pseudointellectual's body. I have no doubt in my mind that he watches anime to prepare for debates and finds rei to be best girl

*but also agency doesn't exist

I liked him until I saw him go all in on hating Trump and embracing the Russia shit, it really showed me that it doesn’t matter how smart he is, he’s still an idiot shill

A straight up liar. He presented a parable of Jesus to a live audience as an imminent command to go out and find people for Jesus to kill on the spot. Why he'd do something so easily debunked passes belief honestly but he did it which leads me to think it's pathological. And this is just the worst example I can think of. A lot of what he says is peppered with shitty sentiments. He seems to think he can dismiss people who are controversial on the basis of their being controversial essentially assuming the premise to allow him a free escape from having to even debate them. Ironically those people are controversial with the exact crowd Harris claims to oppose so there's not even a good basis for it.

>the state of this post

you should be embarassed

Thank you for doing a better job of explaining why he doesnt sit well in my brain.

Philosophical blowhard.

He’s a fag

A good example was his conversation with Charles Murray who he ignored for decades because of the controversy surrounding him. And he is doing the same thing to other people. He's committing the same error continuously. I'm not even sure how much of it is conscious or subconscious. I suspect a lot of it is a subconscious response to cognitive dissonance.

He keeps insisting he's a left-liberal, yet he seems in fact to be 'alt light' and extremely triggering to the left. 'Classical liberal' aka a conservative who doesn't like the label 'conservative'.

I'm not sure there's any ideological space between him and Peterson, they just come to it in different ways.

He’s jewish though

IIRC he didn't really disagree with Murray, but was just suspicious going in why anyone would devote themselves to studying racial intelligence differences given all the other things one could study that don't have such a stigma.

hes a great soft spoken intellectual type with interesting thoughts on consciousness. politically he is way too butthurt about trump though

The difference between him and Peterson definitely isn't ideological. It's a difference in character. Harris cares a lot more about being acceptable to 'high society' or the chattering class or whatever you want to call it. Same with his friend Pinker. The best was watching Pinker recently trying to pace and lead the alt right by 'agreeing' with them to a point and then pivoting to a generic mainstream attitude. And his conclusion that issues being taboo means analyses on those subjects will be simplistic doesn't necessarily follow. A lot of very nuanced analyses are done on the issue of IQ, for instance. The question is whether this cadre of fence sitting pseudo-elites know they're full of shit or not.

He gay lol.

He didn't disagree with him which made the avoidance an error. One he admitted to.

My own rule is that if something is true then motivations don't really matter. Murray could hate blacks and want to make them feel bad but if his stated positions stand up to scrutiny then the man is irrelevant.

And Murray of course made some bullshit argument about how he's worried for black students who get in over their head and completely avoided the best reasons for caring about the issue, immigration and economic policy.

Exactly, I listen to him because he pisses me off and I’ve been trying to formulate my argument against him. It baffles me how he can he can be so right and so wrong at the same time. There are obvious truths/facts that he omits and argues around

Just like all kikes he calls whites racist for voting Trump while supporting the Jewish ethnostate of Israel

The best way to formulate arguments that I've found is to come onto Sup Forums and try your best in topics on whatever subject you're interested in. Since it's anonymous there's no downside to being wrong. You can go analyze your failure after the fact and never repeat your mistakes.

Also nothing replaces reading though what you read is important. I don't buy into the /lit/ infatuation with continental philosophy. I suggest cognitive science, formal logic, Aristotle, math books (like the VNR's encyclopedia, they help train your rigor), people like Nassim Taleb also write great books that synthesize a lot of erudite 'anti-expert' ideas, and so forth.

Right on Islam, otherwise a degenerate leftist kike

Will he specify which countries specifically are low IQ and why they are that way?

Harris is a materialist reductionist who was at least out of his own ass enough to eventually realize his philosophy serves no purpose except perhaps to make people feel less guilt and more nihilism. He cannot, however, deviate from his established brand and so to fill in the gaps of what religion would normally offer, he suggests meditation and psychedelic experiences. As a result, most of what he has to say is a bland waste of time.

I don't recall him ever making an economic argument against immigration (either way). He's just super paranoid about muslims, and makes the (obvious) point that some small number will become terrorists, so why take the risk.

He has a very rigid, set-in-stone mindset that prevents him from being as intelligent and interesting as he could be.

youtube.com/watch?v=PQyKLMJdhJM

He's still in that elitist coastal bubble and cares very much what his cohorts think about him. He wants to be the most controversial person in the room