Catholic General - 2nd Sunday of Lent Edition

God bless you, Sup Forums.

Sup Forums feels very secular to me lately. Let's change that and discuss Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, and the Church He established!

Respectful protestants welcome.

LARPagans and atheists: out!

Other urls found in this thread:

ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
youtube.com/watch?v=bfP0QV2xlr8
youtube.com/watch?v=BkB4_LSPl2w
youtube.com/watch?v=GQI72THyO5I
youtube.com/watch?v=9Axj0peOiQ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>christians

How is your Lent going?

I've been sick personally, but it's made fasting pretty easy for Fridays.

It's going well, I gave up caffeine, it was really rough at first!

Feel better soon I'll pray for ya!

Thanks user.

Toady's Mass readings hit homes for me especially. Our priest's homily was about staying the course. It would be very pertinent if Sup Forums listened to this sort of advice sometimes.

Good morning everyone, help all are doing well.

>How is your Lent going?
Going wellish so far, been keeping two of my lenten promises fairly well. Having given up sleeping/snoozing in and instead just getting up the moment I wake. And I've been giving more time to the Lord throughout the week.

Still working on cutting swearing/vulgarity out of my everyday speech though, being a New Zealander its quite hard. Atleast I've become a bit more aware of it now so everytime I swear I realize I'm failing a little. Hope that'll change in due time.

catholic server /bkXHBgq

So today I went to local church, mass was nice but I was the only one dressed formally, in a suit and tie. Everyone else was dressed casually, it really made me think.

This is how you can tell that you're in a novus ordo mass.

Agreed. I think it's just especially hard in our times, with the constant distractions and diversions.

I'm reading her book now, it's breddy comfy

user, what do you mean fasting for Fridays? Can you elaborate.

Just fasting on Fridays?
Between sunrise and sunset?
Religious significance, passages in the bible that prescribe this.

Genuine enquiry.

fuck your pope

how do i do lent?

You ever do any acid and experience something that obviates your stupid religion?

It's been that way for decades now, user. Personally, I'd accept people being dressed down of they'd be more respectful in otherways, like not arriving late. Truly sad state of affairs.

During the time of Lent, Catholics are to abstain from meat and only eat the equivalent of a single meal for the whole day.

We do this to act as Christ who spent 40 days in the desert without food.

Mark 1:12-13:

[12] And immediately the Spirit drove him out into the desert. [13] And he was in the desert forty days and forty nights, and was tempted by Satan; and he was with beasts, and the angels ministered to him.

Hello, best thread

Heym Dixie-user, I love your sacntuary posting. Keep up the good work in showing God's beauty on earth.

>This is how you can tell that you're in a novus ordo mass.
Sounds about right.

>how do i do lent?
Lent lasts for 40 days Ash Wednesday, and ends after Holy Thursday. Over this period people are to give up a vice or temptation or something that would be a sacrifice (so to speak, such as beer or candy, soda, etc.) as a means of self reflection and dedication to Christ. Alternatively you could take on something through this period that will bring you closer to God, such as going to mass extra times a week, dedicated prayer time, rosaries, soup kitchen etc.

During this 40 day period you are not to eat meat on Fridays (typically you're not supposed to, but many do not since lukewarm.) On Ash Wednesday and Good Friday (not actually counted as lent) you are to abstain from meat for the day (fish doesn't count) and are to fast. Having only 3 meals, 2 smaller meals and 1 large meal. Then on Sunday when we celebrate our Lord's resurrection go have a big feast to celebrate.

Beautiful.

thanks kiwi.
Catholociism seems pretty comfortable.
Any tips on entering the Catholic Church?
I want to find a traditional Catholic Church, not one that actually supports the pope, since I know a lot of Catholics hate him

Cheers, user.

>Religious significance, passages in the bible that prescribe this.
The Bible does not actually prescribe that we do this. But since the days of the early Church and the Church Father's they have taken up this time as a means of sacrifice and devotion to our Lord, to show a little more, give a little more, respect and love to our Lord. We're just keeping it going from what has been going on since the early days of the Church.

As the other user explains the 40 days of Lent is decided because of Jesus being faced with temptation and hunger for 40 days. And we are to try to emulate Christ, this is our attempt to do so. All as a means of self-denial, greater respect for Christ, and growing closer to Him in this period.

Amen.

Using acid is a mortal sin user.

God save the Queen, Brit-user!

The current Pope is a heretic. False Pope and force of evil in the world.

Thank you, user.

No man lives forever.

yeah i know that, but i like the aesthetics and the morals of Catholics. They have a much deeper history than the other denominations.
But there has to be some catholic churches out there that are still traditional and deny the pope, except maybe not publicly

>Any tips on entering the Catholic Church?
First and foremost I'd recommend setting up a meeting with a Priest, talk about the faith, etc. From there if you're interested he'd recomend you the RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) which is a course so to speak, teaching you about the Catholic Faith, why we hold this Faith, and what doctrine/history led us to these beliefs etc. It can take a lengthy time but it will definitely help in your Faith and pay off greatly. In the meantime pop in to these Catholic Generals and shitpost with us against Fedoras or ask any questions/issues you come across.

>ant to find a traditional Catholic Church, not one that actually supports the pope, since I know a lot of Catholics hate him
All Catholic Churches support the Pope. He is the head of the Church. Whether you agree with some of the things he's doing that goes down to the individual. We don't have to agree with everything he's saying, but all Churches support the pope. The ones that don't tend to be sedecavantists, which are not considered to be part of the Church anymore.

I believe what you are looking for is a Catholic Church that offers traditional Latin Mass. Try to find the closest one to you. Theres plenty of sites that will help out with that.

Find a Latin Mass near you here: ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm

I like Catholicism in theory, but seeing how they seem to be among the ones shilling hardest for accepting refugees, I have my doubts...

The problem with refuges isn't that they are refuges it's that they don't leave or assimilate to the host culture. A shared Christian faith actually helps this process.

Saint of the Day:

St. Walburga, Virgin (Feast day - February 25)

Walburga was born in Devonshire England, around 710. She was the daughter of a West Saxon chieftain and the sister of St. Willibald and Winebald. Walburga was educated at Wimborne Monastery in Dorset, where she became a nun. In 748, she was sent with St. Lioba to Germany to help St. Boniface in his missionary work. She spent two years at Bishofsheim, after which she became Abbess of the double monastery at Heidenheim founded by her brother Winebald. At the death of Winebald, St. Walburga was appointed Abbess of both monasteries by her brother Willibald, who was then Bishop of Eichstadt. She remained superior of both men and women until her death in 779. She was buried first at Heidenheim, but later her body was interred next to that of her brother, St. Winebald, at Eichstadt. at a small church called Holy Cross around which a group of canonesses were gathered.

Remember that you pick your Faith based on its tenants and truth. To become closer to God. Not for a social gathering group like a lot of millennials seem to think a Church is these days.

As for refugees, well it is Christian to take in those less fortunate. However, I do not advocate taking in pagan or muslim refugees. And if we did we'd have to make sure they assimilate to our Christian culture or they'll just wreck havoc on the country and our Faith.

IE - Germany and Sweden where they're destroying Churches for mosques and removing crosses from Churches to not offend infidels.

This. Also don't worry too much about the Pope. Popes come and go.

Those people do it more out of liberal sentiment than anything Catholic. As a non-White it baffles me when I see White Christians calling for accepting refugees and migrants, it's like they've forgotten that we're called to bear our cross. What's more is Christians who do immigrate to the West are coming to godless degenerate countries where it's common to fall into apostasy. The truly Christian message would be that we should stay in our homelands rather than migrate because of economic interests, that it would be better to die bodily in Egypt than spiritually in Sodom

But most of them don't have a shared Christian faith, they have no interest of assimilating and it is very obvious that they will never ever leave. They will permanently change the culture of many European countries. You will see within your lifetime some European countries be majority Muslim.
All the church seems to say is just some blind platitude like "We have to help those less fortunate than us".
Combine that with the encroaching modernism that is making actual sound doctrine less and less prevalent in favor of "tolerance" and acceptance by secular authorities. How many "Catholics" do you think go to church once or twice a year, haven't been to confession in years, etc? How could a clergyman look at this and not teach a churchgoer to change his ways? Either he doesn't believe the catechism himself or he doesn't care what happens to the members of his congregation in the afterlife.
Just like the church at large: It doesn't care for its members, the future of Christianity, etc. All it is worried about is appearing as nice in the public eye and maybe getting some converts from the new immigrants, because natives are leaving the church in droves since it has thrown tradition out the window. Of course, they don't believe the gospel beyond the most superficial level and one generation down the road they will leave the church as well. Then all we are left with are more empty churches preaching liberalism, muslims, new age hippies and super-cynical, nihilist atheists. Oh brave new world, that has such people in it.

188 KB JPG
>Sup Forums feels very secular to me lately.
I’ve noticed that too. There’s a lot of shilling.
If it weren’t for this anti-christian pro-pagan nonsense, I would be more inclined to join the alt-right. For now, I’m a nationalist conservative.

youtube.com/watch?v=bfP0QV2xlr8
Great to see Mr. Bond representing for Wotan
Paganism is catching on
>Wotan lead the way

FSSPX for one.

This is modernist bullshit. Educate yourself on more traditional catholicism. They were all against what is happening nowadays.

>christians are cucks
youtube.com/watch?v=BkB4_LSPl2w
Remember when Mr.bond was on Murdoch Murdoch?
We own this board now christcucks

Cringe.

Mr.Bond is classic

>Everywhere there will be extraordinary wonders, as true faith has faded and false light brightens the people. Woe to the Princes of the Church who think only of piling riches upon riches to protect their authority and dominate with pride.

>The Vicar of my Son will suffer a great deal, because for a while the Church will yield to large persecution, a time of darkness and the Church will witness a frightful crisis.

>The true faith to the Lord having been forgotten, each individual will want to be on his own and be superior to people of same identity, they will abolish civil rights as well as ecclesiastical, all order and all justice would be trampled underfoot and only homicides, hate, jealousy, lies and dissension would be seen without love for country or family.

>The Holy Father will suffer a great deal. I will be with him until the end and receive his sacrifice. The mischievous would attempt his life several times to do harm and shorten his days but neither him nor his successor will see the triumph of the Church of God. All the civil governments will have one and the same plan, which will be to abolish and do away with every religious principal to make way for materialism, atheism, spiritualism and vice of all kinds.

No one man should ever claim to be the voice of God. Cannot be a catholic, but still Christian.

why did the Catholics put gender-netural language into the Bible even when it changed the meaning of many passages?

I'm currently reading genesis. But everything seems so confusing, even God is making mistakes. How should I interpret this book?

Why is it when i have nocturnal emission, it's clear fluid? I thought sperm was supppse to ejaculate. Well my erections are weak.

Genesis is the story of why man stands apart from other animals, why we're separated from God and Gods plan to allow us to ultimately reconcile with him

youtube.com/watch?v=GQI72THyO5I

That's not what the Pope is.

They didn't, only protestants so far have done this, most notably the NRSV translation commitee.

Genesis should be read as symbolic truth. The early church fathers did not have a consensus on how much of it to take literally. We are free to believe it as we understand it, and there is no need for it to be at odds with modern cosmology.

Have this.

Remember that natsoc and fascism are not anti-Christian.

(Sorry for the fact that this chart is in French, I think some books can be found in English, but not Mérel's ones and they're very interesting)

up with you! But fuck the pope, white and black!

bump

(((New Germans)))

Serviam! Latin America reporting in. What shall we do to help our european brothers in the faith?

Des questions en tant que noob:

1) Pourquoi le catéchisme de trente et pas celui de Saint Pie X?
2) Quelle version de la bible? Lemaître de Sacy?
3) Sans trop de relations, tu connais une bonne histoire de l'église catholique, des papes et actes important, ... exhaustive.
4) Des intérêts pour Guénon ou Évola dans votre milieu?

Merci.

thanks that was helpful

>Pourquoi le catéchisme de trente et pas celui de Saint Pie X
A vrai dire, le catéchisme de saint Pie X est meilleur pour les laïcs, surtout pour débuter. Celui du concile de Trente est surtout là pour "approfondir".

>Quelle version de la bible? Lemaître de Sacy?
Traduction Crampon, ou celle de l'abbé Glaire.
Lemaître de Sacy c'est janséniste.

>Sans trop de relations, tu connais une bonne histoire de l'église catholique, des papes et actes important, ... exhaustive.
Alors tu as l'Histoire de l'Eglise (Encyclopédie de la foi) , éditée chez Clovis, ce qui devrait suffire pour les grandes lignes.

>Des intérêts pour Guénon ou Évola dans votre milieu?
Personnellement non, mais l'auteur central que je conseille (Joseph Mérel) l'a lu et le cite parfois, mais principalement pour contredire. Disons qu'il y a un rejet du Traditionalisme sauce guénonienne car il est assez mauvais à cause de l'orientalisme et du syncrétisme (le tout mâtiné de maçonnisme).
Ils contiennent des éléments intéressants, mais il faut les aborder de manière critique, et ne pas oublier qu'il y a beaucoup d'auteurs bien meilleurs.

>Merci.
Avec plaisir !

Au passage si ça t'intéresse, youtube.com/watch?v=9Axj0peOiQ0

>pretending to be french on the internet.

mfw

His French is very very good.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was an expat.

Je suis Français.

Merci user pour les réponses et conseils intéressants, je vais noter tout ça. Bon courage à Deus-Vult.

thanks user for the responds and viewpointing. good stuff and good luck dues vulting

I mean... its french but its grade 7 french immersion french. idgfa its funny to read.

Avec grand plaisir.
>Bon courage à Deus-Vult
>mvq je n'en fais même pas partie
Faudra que je postule un jour.

Au passage pour les bouquins de Mérel, en fait le bouquin L'institut Charlemagne est central (et reprend des éléments des Éléments de philosophie politique, sous le pseudonyme Stepinac) si tu veux le programme politique du mouvement et creuser ce qu'il y a d'ébauché dans Pour une contre-révolution révolutionnaire.

I'm going on a mission trip to Tanzania, this is something my mother worries immensely about if some of you could pray with me that her fears will subside I would be grateful.

you should read E Michael Jones' book about Tanzania and Julius Nyerere

Lent is going like absolute shit
I'm bumfuck tired of all the shit and I'm just going through the motions with added in hedonist degeneracy because why the fuck not, Who is God to allow concupiscence and then condemn people for falling for it, y'know what fuck him, I'm not hurting anyone

There's a specific person I extremely want to murder now, but I can't because it'll land me in jail and "oh noes, gowd iz not appwooving!"

Tldr lent is going like shit and I'm at the threshold of fedorafaggotry

Tous les livres côté Fascisme sont dur à trouver. En tous cas, ils semblent bannis sur amazon. Tu sais où les trouver facilement?

Bon courage pour entrer dans Deus Vult alors.