The right coach and athlete combo is important for success...

The right coach and athlete combo is important for success. Exsplain why each coach/student combo worked and how things would be different with different coaches

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/basics/narcissism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What a bizarre image, OP.

>Yurio and Lilia worked because Yurio needs someone mature and experienced to straighten him out and prevent any nonsense from him
>Yuuri and Victor worked because Yuuri needed someone to make him believe that he's worth something
>Yurio and Victor would have failed miserably because Victor is simply not assertive

That's about it I guess

Yurio and Victor wouldn't work because Bald wouldn't be able to coach anyone he wasn't in love with.

There's barely any info about the other coaches. There's only a little information on Celestino's stye, Baldfat's actual training is glossed over, and what we know of Yakov's is whatever little Bald said about it.

He doesn't need to be in love with them he just needs to be truly invested in doing it, so it would still fail, because all he wants to do right now is work with Piggy.

If Victor was Chris's coach he'd hold out the Makkachin tissuebox for Chris after each performance so he has smthg to wipe himself off with after he comes on the ice

The funny thing is that Bald isn't even really that good of a coach (the way I see it). He's good at choreography but he really doesn't know how to communicate with his student. The real reason why Pig succeeded is that Pig cared about Bald and wanted to impress him (through which he learned to impress himself). If it was someone who didn't care, the whole thing would've fallen to pieces.

Is Celestino just unlucky?

Nah Bald was a good coach. But it depends on who he's coaching for. BaldFat happen to be a good match because the Pig was receptive to his teaching style and Bald grew from it too. But his teaching wouldn't work for everyone just like irl coaching.

I don't know about that. He helped Yurio find his agape; they just weren't a solid match because they both have bizarre personalities.

Does Chris actually cum or is it just some dumb shit he says to psyche himself up?

Either way it's weird and disgusting.

He wouldn't be truly invested in it with anyone else except for Piggy because of ai.

Still, Yurio was in a constant state of conflict with Bald while they were together, probably because he sees Bald as an equal instead of an authority figure, and that made his skating lackluster. Lilia established her authority over him the very moment they met.

Chris is not fucking around

very good point
he's too reactionary when it comes to Victor
as if the latter was a big brother he doesn't want to listen to

It just means he wouldn't be giving the other ones fuck-me eyes which is good or else his other students would slowly start getting murdered.

Bald is totally new to this, he's not the best but he didn't do half bad. It's good he started with Piggy because Piggy is both kind of hard to deal with, but also willing to put up with his mistakes, and someone Bald wouldn't have given up on easily.

>Bald gives some Chad russian skater fuck-me eyes
>gets beaten to death by gopniks the very next day
oh shit

will this thread get deleted after 300+ replies?

No one could be so brave to coach JJ but his parents.

I can imagine JJ being like one of those pure Christian girls whose mom and grandma are her best friends.

Does everything yoi related trigger those poor new jannies?

It makes sense JJ is waiting till after marriage when it's clear his family banned birth control and sex ed.

Yes if the thread quality drops and you guys start shitposting like usual. Reread the new rules of you're not sure.

no if we keep it shitpost-free

Would Piggy be a good coach for Baldnik?

Bald will just turn them gay for him like he did to everyone in the first episode.

I imagine Yakov uses the same ol Soviet Russian style of coaching.

Bald is probably a bit like that too since a lot of his coaching style is influenced by yakov

I know it's his shirt, but Bald really looks like he has a fat flabby gut.

But really, how is he so successfull with his parents as coaches? I imagine it's like being home schooled.

Why did Pig even ask bald to coach in the first place?

Obviously it's an option Bald could be exploring after retirement, but at the time of Sochi Bald was in his prime as a competitor and Pig obviously still wanted to compete alongside him. Did he have teenage fantasies of Bald giving him advice and helping him improve? Did he register Bald trying to mentor Fairy and thought if Fairy didn't want a piece of that he'd be glad to be in his place?

I've been the student of several Russian coaches and let me tell you, Bald's style is nothing like the Soviet style. If Bald practiced the Soviet style, he wouldn't tell Pig to picture katsudon, he'd tell him to picture the huge fucking stick that's going to be used to beat the shit out of him if he fucks up.

Pig would fail so hard under Russian style.

Exactly. It's clearly good for Fairy since he responds so well to well-defined authority, but Pig would just crumble apart.

We've already seen this. Bald even says so.

Bald wouldn't use those methods, but it's mentioned a couple times in the show some of his coaching techniques carry over from Yakov. Like not holding back on criticism. Bald can look kind of strict in the training montages from the earlier eps.

I've always thought deep down Piggy wanted both, to compete with him and to be coached by the current most skilled skater in the world. Under the influence of the alcohol at the banquet he was able to speak in mind. Now he has both, a coach who is also a competitor, if that's the route SayoKubo really chose to take in the movie.

>if that's the route SayoKubo really chose to take in the movie
You know it will be. Impractical as hell but they want to have their cake and it it, too. They probably think they can explain it away as Bald being a skating genius and Pig is supporting him so he can handle it.

He had a teenage fantasy of being dicked by him too

Every coach needs to criticize though, otherwise there's literally no point.

I want Pig to actually be supportive and give him massages

He got that too. Is Piggy a hack?

But Bald is extra critical immediately after the routine. It's played as a joke half the time but it's also what reminds him of Bald when Yakov does the same.

No, he's an obsessed autist with world-class skills to back his dreams up.

I want Pig to massage Bald's delicate feet.

>gets to coach best boy and share him with nobody except the hamsters
He's almost as lucky as Piggy. Phichit is probably one of the easiest to coach, too.

*i like twisted humor. Its a museum reference*

I think Jizzs coach may have worked for Yuuri because from the one scene with Jizz he seems like a guy who really encourages skaters to be themselves therefore boosting selfconfidence.

I dont think Pig exclusivly needed Bald to get him out of funk-but having love definitly helped. Calastino wasnt a good match cause he kinda just rolled over Pig when he had his insecurity flashes like the whoke music thing. Instead of keeping encouraging Pig to find his own music Ciao just picked it for him which is kinda slap in the face to the insecure even if you verbally tell them things.

Ciao works with Bestboy cause Bestboy aint lacking in the selfconfidence department.

Weirdly i see Bestboy and Bald clashing alot in a coach/student relationship

I just realized Yuuri's lying in bed when he says this...

True. The typical Russian coach/parent reaction is "Yeah sure you gave it 99%, but why did you fuck up on that 1%?"

Actually I liked how Bald appreciated the other skaters, and he was interested in giving Fairy advice even before Pig put coaching in his mind. I think he'll do fine if his students can learn to adjust to his personality. On that subject he's on the weird side but not too bad.

Did Yakov ever beat Victor for fucking up?

Hard to hide bruises when the costume is see through

>Weirdly i see Bestboy and Bald clashing alot in a coach/student relationship
That is weird. They would most likely work without much problems.

He probably did when Bald was a kid. You can't exactly beat a grown-ass man so you beat them while they're still young and then when they're older you use the ptsd to motivate them.

They would take plenty of photos of each other to post on IG.

He's not. It's corrected in the BD and you can see the rink more clearly

I just see Bald as a bit too soft in coaching style for him, while Ciao Ciao is more agressive. Like Bald deals with Pigs emotions with a gilded glove. For Bestboy i just see him needing someone direct like Ciao Ciao to get him motivated.

>Like Bald deals with Pigs emotions with a gilded glove
Because Piggy's heart can be delicate. Bald has no problems being frank or critical, or telling people they can do better.

Where can I see the new rules?

Thanks for the heads up, I still need to watch my BDs

Can you insufferable faggots name your threads so I can filter your shit.

It's literally the ever-present first thread in the catalog.

I had my doubts the first time, but the moaning on the second one answeared it. He actually cums.

Why is Bald such a narcissistic retard and why does it make me love him so much?

Are there BD rips that aren't 1gb per episode.

You know we can't filter user.

Does he have some kind of pad in his costume that soaks up the cum and prevents visible cum stains?

I think describing Bald as a narsassic is a little too strong. I'd say he's more self-abosrbed.

But then youd never come to our threads filteranon. Id miss you too much

But no one on Sup Forums is really following any of those kek.

Didnt Sayo tell the animators about a skater she saw with an eraction for their routine.
And Weir mentioned some skaters being devoted like Jizzs cuming on ice

I really like Chris and his coach, for the little they were shown interacting

>Didnt Sayo tell the animators about a skater she saw with an eraction for their routine

Was it in the world of her wet dreams? that sounds pretty goddamn embarrassing for the skater.

Mods were mass deleting threads yesterday including moving the homo thread to /y/.

Maybe he tucks.

Bald is no where near a narcissist, hes just more of a childlike selfishness. Thats why creators said he has trouble reading a room. If he was narcissistic he wouldnt give a shit about Pigs emotions and only care about what he could gain from Pig and his reputation. No one in yoi is realy a narc, even Fairy. And i say that as someone who thinks Fairy is an asshole

Weir says that he "has been there", so I guess that's apparently something that happens

Kek, wonder how long that lasts until the board goes back to being how it always was. Look at all the dbz shit thats up today

>No one in yoi is realy a narc
JJ would like to have a word with you.

I was just exaggerating. I know Bald has a gentle heart.

What the fuck is wrong with Weir, what bizarre perversions has he not engaged in? Link to interview?

Kek is that the witch as Rei? I love this.

He said that on the Crunchyroll panel he was invited to, there's only witnesses

Wier mentioned this at his Crunchyroll expo panel. It's on YouTube.

Also, Wier is an honorary YOI boy and he's the best.

This is what happens when your coach tells you not to masturbate for the entire competitive season, I guess.

JJ is insanely arrogant but is he really narcissistic?

Now I rule the world
And the starry sky spreading above....

I'll never give up even the night should fall
Always do my best
I look in the mirror the king looks back at me

I can rule the world JJ just follow me
I will break the wall now look at me
Fools or even wise aren't the enemies
This is who I am just remember me
I'm the king JJ no one defeats me
This who I am, baby, just follow me

(He owns the world)
(And all the beauties in his hands)

Now I can reach the stars
And I will show you how

Whenever you feel stand alone, never shed a tear
If you always smile on face you'll make it through the rain

I'll never give in how high the mountains rise
Keep looking ahead
I look in the mirror the king looks back on me

I can change the world JJ just follow me
Catch me if you can and look at me
I'm brave enough to fight the enemies
This is who I am just remember me
I'm the king JJ no one can stop me
This who I am baby just follow me

(He's on the top)
(On the whole universe)

Now I can be the star
And I will show you how

I'll never give up even the night should fall
Always do my best
I look in the mirror the king smiles at me...

Where are these exhibition pics coming from?

Was it autism?

Your right JJ is narc just not npd
psychologytoday.com/basics/narcissism

Found randomly on twitter

I always thought he was bipolar or something similar.

It's the mirror reference that's amazing. But he doesn't just care about himself. I'd just say he's self-centered as hell.

>that English
Narcissistic AND retarded.

Don't blame it on typical nip engrish, either, the other songs aren't nearly as bad.

Oh God i wish i was that necklace

More Georgi in the movie, I need to know more about him and his life too.

Georgi is an ancient Russian folk spirit. His life and origins are way too complex for a series like YoI to handle.

For example, just compare this to hard virgin's siscon love song.

Whenever I hear you, bands begin to play
It's a serenade for two

How do I forget you this feeling inside
I am always watching over you

Whenever I see you, stars in your eyes
brighten up the sky for me

We're dancing in the moonlight
Tonight you will belong to me
Only you...
You mean the world to me, my lady

I can be as brave as a knight for you
If you want, I can be like a sharpened knife
No one loves you like the way I do
Let's fly over the moon

Don't get me wrong
Maybe I'm foolish enough to want you to love me

For only tonight, will you be the one for me?
Until the clouds hide the moon away....

Whenever I touch you, music seems to stop
I've never felt this way so true

It's all right but painfully cliched. Then again I guess it's supposed to be.

>Tonight you will belong to me Only you...
>No one loves you like the way I do
>For only tonight, will you be the one for me?
>Whenever I touch you, music seems to stop
>I've never felt this way so true

Uuhhh, W...T...F

Yeah they're not profound or anything but the English is coherent, not fucked up nonsense like
>Whenever you feel stand alone, never shed a tear

Geez user, JJ is trying his best. Leave him alone.