Better direction

>better direction
>better ost
>better art
>better season 1
>better openings
>better endings
Why do people unironically think that FMAB is better than FMA 2004?

Other urls found in this thread:

fma.wikia.com/wiki/Frank_Archer
youtube.com/watch?v=BXQLrkW33f0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The story gets convoluted once it splits from the manga. It also has inferior production values despite its better art.

Because its plot is not absolutely fucking stupid.

better story

Honestly the only thing that is markedly better is the music. The original series has an amazing soundtrack.

They aren't edge lords?
Dead mom becomes a homunculus, Rose gets a rape baby, who the fuck is Lyra and why do I care? Bradley killing his son. Alchemy is powered by dead people from our world and for some reason The Holocaust...

Eh. FMA:B has issues with poorly worked in comedy but it's closer to the manga and the final acts aren't totally moronic. Also Envy and Gluttony are far more interesting.

FMA 2004 plot wasn't too bad before the nazis appeared.

>FMA 2004 plot wasn't too bad before the nazis appeared.
You mean up until the half-point of the whole series, when it finally started its anime-original shitshow?

That you have to say that though is a big problem.

-mustang isn't totally useless little emo
-best girl doesn't appear at all in 2003 version

Hawkeye was in FMA tho

Because FMA 03 is boring garbage.

The nazis only happened in the end. Before that it was just searching the philosopher's stones and melodrama about homunculus being failures of resurrections.

Sloth was really nice, it was great to see her against Edward and Hoenheim. Same for Wrath x Izumi moments.

Yeah, but she was kind of boring. Brotherhood gave us her actually doing a lot of shit like balling around with Barry.

You forgot the most important one, better story.

>best girl doesn't appear at all in 2003 version
You posted a wrong pic.

Because it has
>better direction
>better ost
>better art
>better season 1
>better openings
>better endings

You literally just stated quite a few reasons as to why Brotherhood is better. Are 03 fags really so retarded as to disprove whatever point they're trying to make in the opening post?

Still a worse execution than the manga. And for everything else 2003 is better.

2003 is better in almost every category but B sure has some good sakuga.

>3D Envy
FMABfags will defend this

Eh its poorly shaded but the concept is cool and over all Envy is just way better in Brotherhood.

Story, main villians and ending were utter shit. Even had filler garbage in the first half before deviating from the manga.

And Brotherhood has better animation.

2003 ruined Hoeinhiem's character as a cheating asshole. Their fore it's shit.

Lets start with the Homunculi

Basically reproductions of people who died at some point spitting in the whole "All is one one is all/can't bring back the dead etc" moral that is the backbone of the FMA story.

"Wrath" is a kid who's claim to fame is crying for his mommy and throwing temper tantrums. Because when i think of "Wrath" surely that is the first thing that comes to mind. Also he's basically Izumi's dead son because fuck that whole all is one and one is all bullshit that Izumi has been drilling into the heads of the Elric bros, right?

"Lust" Recites emo sounding poem after killing a guy who was "in love" with her in some pointless filler episode , she's basically the GF of Scar's older bro ( what i coincidence!!!!) because fuck that whole all is one one is all bullshit!

"Pride" Furor Bradley who is a certifiable badass motherfucker who takes on the fucking military armed with tanks by himself and wins, loses a fight with Mustang when Selim at random brings his one weakness into the room because reasons! Allowing Mustang to destroy it and win the day! How convenient!

"Sloth" Called this yet works as the Furor's secretary and is constantly plotting and putting things into motion. Also has Water Based powers. Also she's Ed and Al's mom because fuck that whole all is one...hey you get it by now right?

"Envy" Ed and Al's long lost brother!!! Fuck off!

Then there is Dante, who sets everything in motion because "muh youth!" and gets taken out by fucking Gluttony of all people who was fucking terrified not only of Father but of Pride.

Oh and then there is the whole Rose getting raped by the Amestrian military because "rape makes you deep!"

Just so much retardation in this shit i would need at least six more posts to cover it all. FMA 2003 was good up until Greed's death( hey did Edward just kill somebody? Yes, yes he did!) and then it went full retard!

>Better story

Yeah if you liked Fanfics from Deviant art

Bortherhood has a better lineart but the actual animation is worse.

It is fucking shit compared to what it is supposed to look like. And it is even worse if you see it moving. Why the fuck does it even have a horse face?

Yeah, but boo hoo. It's not as good as it could have been but it's still better the 2003.

People will complain about the CG but they wont complain about half robot archer because of muh nostalgia.

Pic related is the reason 2003 will always be the inferior one

At least dragon Envy was properly drawn and animated instead of being a poorly done cellshading monster with awkward movements.

Archer wasn't an important character anyway.

Fuck, I forgot how fucking dumb shit got in 2003

That's all subjectively wrong.
It also borders objectivity in most of those cases.

You mean Panda loli.

>At least dragon Envy was properly drawn and animated instead of being a poorly done cellshading monster with awkward movements.

I repeat "boo hoo"

yes, visual quality matters in animation but fuck me running would I really let that excuse an incredibly inferior story? Heel fucking no.

It doesnt matter if he was an important character its still fucking stupid. If your going to watch a WWII movie you dont want to have a fully dressed clown apear in the last 15 minutes and honk his little horn at the nazis in the background for the rest of the show. Its a stupid design for the setting and in general that only gets in the way and distracts you even if it is just a background character.

>pitting in the whole "All is one one is all/can't bring back the dead etc"
They weren't resurrected, they were just artificial humans who looked like the people the alchemists wanted to resurrect. Basically dopplegangers or evil twins.

Holy shit I forgot about this. What the hell were they thinking?

Automail is a thing in FMA, Archer just got a half body automail. Not a big thing.

Ed getting an automail arm and leg and being able to use it within a year was a big deal. This kind of cheapens it. And it's still incredibly stupid.

Its over half of his entire body and he has a fucking machine gun IN HIS FUCKING MOUTH! Its fucking stupid as shit.

fma.wikia.com/wiki/Frank_Archer

"Archer, now having an automail-enhanced body, attacks the place with a machine gun installed in his mouth"

"Despite having the same canon for Automail as the manga—in which it says it takes at least 2-3 years for mere limb rehabilitation, half a year at the absolute least—Archer is somehow able to replace more than half of his entire body in a very short amount of time. It could possibly be the reason as to why he became so unstable, but he, technically, shouldn't even be able to move his new body."

And yet Lust began to have some form of "memory" of her past life and took a shine to Scar toward the end. Along with Wrath having an attachment to Izumi and when he died was shown running into Izumi's arms in heaven or whatever, showing that he was basically her son.

People will defend this fuckery and claim it was some form of deep story telling that Brotherhood didn't have

The goverment has way more resources than a village in the middle of nowhere. Maybe they even used philosopher stone to make it work.

Izumi created Wrath so he was his son in a way. And Lust was created by Scar's brother so Scar was some kind of uncle for her.

I dont care what kind of bullshit magic your using a machine gun down your throat is fucking stupid. Archer is the tip top of stupid shit in 03 along with NAZIS.

Quit making excuses for shit tier writing and plot points. I like Bones but they should never be allowed to write an adaption if the source material is unfinished. That was you avoid Courage Punches and GERMANY. My Hero Academia is broken up into seasons, that's how it should always be done. God knows what kind of fuckery BONES would come up with had that not been the case.

>people keep complaining about the plot while it wasn't even mentioned in the OP

>a literal telenova soap opera family melodrama about daddy's immortal ex-girlfriend
>good story

If the story is shit then your anime is shit as well. Applying "good direction" and those other fluff that is there to primarily support the story as a good substitute for a non-convoluted one is the same excuse Snyderfags give to his clusterfuck movies. A gold-colored shit is still shit.

>it's lighthearted
>it's "faithful"
>it ended (thank god)

Pretty much the only three reasons to watch Brotherhood desu. Brotherhoodfags unironically use the last as a reason for why it's better than long running shonen.

2003 has one shitty plot point. Brotherhood is fundamentally shit and even worse...dull. Its homunculi may not have meme potential but they are boring as dirt lacking the absolute bare minimum in terms of character writing and motivation.

Because long running shounen are absolute garbage? If i wanted to watch a sitcom that goes on for ages without actually going anywhere or resolving anything ill just watch gilligans island.

One piece is on how many episodes and how much of it has been filler shit? How far along are they to actually filling the main goal of the show?

Bleach, Naruto and Dragon Ball go somewhere. This is a bullshit argument.

They also have much better fights and villains.

>better fights and villains
>dragonball

Thats fucking funny. Besides most of the problem with shonen is that it takes so fucking long to do anything important and there is no concrete ending. Even naruto which FINALLY got to its ending just fucking reboots itself to keep the merchandising train going. Running a show for 20 years is fucking stupid.

There is no such thing as objectivity when it comes to art.

Okay, I'm not the biggest fan of 2003 either, but homunculi being failed human transmutations is the best plot point in the entire franchise by far.

But Dante only appeared in 03

>"All is one one is all/can't bring back the dead etc" moral that is the backbone of the FMA story.
But the very first thing that happens in the series is the brothers bringing back a dysfunctional version of their mom.

A hommunculi is really no better since it's still an inferior existence to an actual human.

Execution is all that matters in the audiovisual medium. If you are only interested in the plot just read a book.

It was never their mom to begin with.

majority of your points where the soundtrack, which is only your taste in music

For the openings and endings it isn't just the songs, the visuals and how they match the music is also better.

>even implying that any brotherhood villain could compete with frieza
>the single most iconic shonen villain ever made

>Besides most of the problem with shonen is that it takes so fucking long to do anything important

What a shitty "pro." If a manga is actually good wanting it to end quickly should be the least of your concerns.

And also rubbish. Since most shonen consists of multiple arcs and what are basically short stories in which a great deal happens.

The short stories boils down to monster of the week tropes that go nowhere and do nothing in the setting or end up being CURRY OF LIFE. Its better to have a shorter series with well defined plot points and one really good arc than 100 mediocre ones that overall are just giant wastes of time.

And dont bring up dragonball and say its high quality without some amazing amount of sarcasm. Everything about that show defined shounen for decades and is exactly why its garbage. Between the powerlevel bullshit and inane padding that was thrown into it there is nothing watchable or enjoyable about it in the least. Not to mention that the entire series has no fucking sense of danger. If someone dies you just wish them back to life. Death has no meaning and its retarded.

meh.

the first few episodes were part of the almighty manga.

>better direction
the manga is an amazing piece of art full of intricate plotting and tightly woven story writing

and so FMAB is an adaptation of that. That's why FMAB>>>>>>>>FMA 2003

Why can't we like both

03fags need to understand that the Manga is truly based and since the FMAB is mostly the manga.

>it's based automatically

The manga is awesome but FMAB is a poorly adaptation of it even if they kept the plot.

Manga > 2003 > FMAB

But I still enjoy both tho

>Half fanfiction better than the manga adaptation

Laugh everytiem

An anime is more than a plot. FMAB was really lazy.

>And dont bring up dragonball and say its high quality without some amazing amount of sarcasm

FMA cannot match Toriyama in choreography, art, or even in the context of its fights. It's villains were people with no connection to the protag so there was no emotional pay off either.

>Its better to have a shorter series with well defined plot points and one really good arc than 100 mediocre ones that overall are just giant wastes of time

Brotherhood was a mediocre story of medium length. You can bring up Curry of Life (filler) but you can also bring up Zabuza or Water 7.

>brotherhood
>better ost

Not in this timeline.

03 is literally better

And FMA 03 was plain emoshit

>dude rape lmao

I don't get it. You yourself listed all the answers in your own greentext.

All good stories have an ending user.

There's no need for going for some long haul if the author already has the ending set in place

I prefer the 2004 for having original content, when the brotherhood was released I had already read the manga, so I did not have the patience to watch anime, but it is a very solid adaptation, for the little that I watched

>Brotherhood mediocre story of medium length

Dragonball is a basic story and long length

Sherlock Holmes doesn't have an ending.

>Dragonball
>emotional payoff

Its like your not even trying to have a valid point. Besides most of the villans in dragonball have little to no relation to the main heroes aside from being suuuuuuper evil and trying to destroy planets or universes and shit. That and the whole we used your race for super soldiers and shit. There isnt a real reason for any of the villans to be interested in the heroes in the least. At least FMA had the search for the philosopher stone logically reach Father since he is the one that first made them.

And for every good arc in most shounen there are 5 others that are garbage. Listing two good arcs in a show of 600 episodes isnt an accomplishment.

>It's villains were people with no connection to the protag so there was no emotional pay off
What is envy and scar

It was more emotional and there is nothing bad about it.

How I see it.

Toriyama's work is fine. But Arakawa also pays attention to detail and backgrounds as well (if not better). As well as good panel placing as well

Because halfway through it fucked off from the source material entirely and became a literal fanfiction

The best version would have been FMA 2004 but with FMAB's loyalty to the manga

I don't.

Never watched it actually lol

One of the worst villians ever created

lol

she is fucking great my dude

But also one of the hottest.

A monster design and a hackneyed conversion to the hero's side. With Envy its the same as with all the homunculi; making them failed transmutations fixed this problem.

Frieza was the guy who orphaned the main character and destroyed all but three of his race. Vegeta and co were that race and served as a dark mirror of what Goku could have become. Even Cell's entire reason for existence was to kill Goku for a presumed ill done to Gero, eventually causing Goku to arrive at the conclusion that the Earth would be safer without him.

>This anime adaption we're doing is pretty good

>Let's make the whole second half and the ending entirely filler episodes

Somebody needed to be fired for this

If there's one thing that pisses me off about Brotherhood is that the OST fucking sucks compared to the original anime. Hellsing Ultimate had the same problem.

same for the original F/SN anime

It was different since the begining and endings can't be filler. Do you even know what filler means?

>full orchestal vs shy shitty background solos
What were they thinking, missing Bratja hurts me the most youtube.com/watch?v=BXQLrkW33f0

>muh nostalgia

Nigga, people hated that shit back in 2004 too.

Fine user, I'll appease your autism. "Non-canon episodes"

Cause Brotherhood ending was very satisfying to me. Ed giving up his alchemy to save Alphonse showed how much he had grown as a person.

It seems you also fail to know what canon means. FMA 2003 had its own canon since the begining.

It did but people complained that Holmes was dead, so the author brought him back and wrote more stories.

>it's own canon

Oh, you're just retarded. My mistake carry on.