Did he deserve it?

Did he deserve it?

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Maybe not at the end of the series. At the end of Rebellion, when he couldn't leave well enough alone, yeah he did.

Is it even a he?

He picked the absolute worst possible person in the entire universe to experiment on.

Homu?

No. He and his species were the only things between us and heat death of the universe. They were taking a pragmatic, utilitarian approach to the situation by sacrificing the few (girls) to save the many (humanity and all other species out there). The system worked fine ever since the times of Cleopatra and was working fine until Homura came along. Of course after Madoka fixed the system and made things better and he still refused to leave them alone he became an outright villain and then he deserved it. Basically what said. He should've died a hero instead of living long enough to become the villain.

>fearing the Heat Death of the Universe

nigga, dont you want to evolve into a black hole civilization and live trillions of years from exclusively hawkings radiation and gravitational energy alone?

shit would be great.

the incubators are evil and just want to stagnate technological development. They are like bitter virgins.

I bet they arent even a Class II civilization.

Are they like the antu spirals

Not directly as in wanting to keep civilizations down so that they dont use as much energy, but their aims are pretty much the same.

Incubators are converting psychological energy (if you can ever call it that) into actual energy (didnt clarify what sort, but at least useable in this universe), while the anti-spirals are like greenfags and vegans who wants to ban everyone driving cars because muh environment and shit.

The Incubators figured the law of cycles would be able to permanently end heat death, rather than having to constantly harvest energy to slow it down. Plus, I think they really just wanted to finally observe the Law of Cycles and see exactly how it works. I mean, humans built the LHC, which could potentially kill everyone, just to get some answers about physics.

deserve what? nothing happened to him

No, they just realized that witches would provide more energy per unit time. And the idea that the LHC would create a world destroying black hole is inane.

I do believe that the Incubators are actually

*actually Kardashev Type III civilization.

>Type III, where a species then becomes galactic traversers with knowledge of everything having to do with energy, resulting in them becoming a master race.

Fits their bill.

But this makes it even more laughable that they have been tricked and enslaved by a hungry lesbian girl.

I'm not that user. And yeah LHC isn't really going to end the world any time soon. But his analogy is pretty good. I feel like Incubators are like the mad scientists of the Madokaverse who want to figure out the answers to the universe and have no problem exploiting little girls to do that. It's probably just a massive physics problem for them that requires the cruel deaths of little human girls to solve. Then Madoka happened and they just got butthurt about it and got raped by Homura once she became Lucifer.

They also ultimately concluded that witches were too unstable to use for energy after seeing what they actually were. You've got to remember that these Incubators didn't have the same knowledge as the past ones and had an alternative energy source to fall back on.

Autists have literally spent threads upon threads arguing about this and at the end of it all they still couldn't agree whether he did or not.

It was wrong to interfere with the human race to achieve its own selfish goals. "But entropy is a problem that will affect humans too" you say. No, human lives are far too short to appreciate real entropy, and the price of the 'solution' was horrific suffering.

>Okabe that high on suffering
He didn't suffer shit, he could always go to the past to fix it and in the end he saved everyone

Better pic of the chart

>KyoSaya
>deserved: 45

who did this?

Honestly I don't think what QB was running was much of a solution. The witch of Walpurgisnacht was far too powerful for any witch to fight beyond Madoka, and Madoka would have created an even more powerful witch when she expired. A method of beating entropy that eventually runs out is not much use.

The incubators are right since they anticipate human technology to reach parity with them one day. And when that happens, mundane shit like livespans are a non-issue. Then, entropy and heat-death becomes a worrying prospect.

But eh, there are other ways around:

They deserve it more than Homu desu.

That's assuming that human girls are the only ones they can harvest energy from. Maybe somewhere in another galaxy, on another planet, there is another species with similar properties to human girls that Incubators can do the same thing to if humans ever go extinct. I think it's implied that Earth is just one of many since QB says he's met his quota and was preparing to leave when Madoka became a witch. I imagine there are other species they can harvest, just that humans are the most efficient.

actually I think there's an episode where Madoka defeats Walpurgisnacht and turns into an even more powerful witch right after and QB explains how they have collected all the energy they need. They're about to peace the fuck out because earth is going to hell shortly

>falling for the Homura did nothing wrong meme

Serious answer though, it originally said "How much they deserved it". In other words you can get farther on the right side not just by being a dick but also by being in some way responsible for your own undoing. This is why you'll notice some characters much father on the right side than you'd normally expect, especially most of the characters than Gen Urobuchi writes.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Suffering: 25
Deserved: 200
Remember Nagisa, she was literally a child.

>A method of beating entropy that eventually runs out is not much use.

this actually.

Humans individually may generate more energy than they need to grow up into little girls, but with Walpurgis destroying earth, this is just a short term solution and cannot adress something like entropy which is measured in trillions of years.

They are better off throwing little girls into black holes and harvesting hawkings radiation (astronomical amounts of energy per kg, actually) than to harvest emotional energy of little girls that will wreck their energy-farm eventually.

I think they knew that, but they didn't have a better solution at the moment. They were just slapping a band-aid on it until they found a long-term solution.

>erika
>deserving any suffering

this chart just couldn't get more gayer

>Kaiji, Seiba, and that guy from Danganronpa 2 who kept trying to kill everyone deserve the same amount of suffering

Okabe is among the worst variants I've seen of le special snowflake VN/LN protagonist who never did anything wrong and was tortured for a million billion trillion years. Homura, Archer, and Subaru have interesting character flaws and story arcs because they caused their own suffering and didn't just run into it by accident. All Okabe has for himself are dumb chunni jokes.

Hopeman did nothing wrong, fuck off

Who's the girl on the top left

Okabe is so high because of Zero.

Yuuko Amamiya

He hasn't suffered enough.

"Deserving" something is a human activity
This is just another random thing that happened to happen

What is wrong with people
This isn't supposed to a contest or some sort of ranking

>They were taking a pragmatic, utilitarian approach
QB is a complete retard, you can't see it because because the entropy technobabble but imagine him as a worker in a power plant
>Can't understand how fission works
>goes in anyway and start to experimentate
>surprised when something bad happens
>twice

don't forget the tim when the power plant he is maintaining blows up and he is "not my problem"

>manjew
>deserving ANY suffering
Nigga was literally picked up from his house and sacrificed "for the greater good".

he still deserved it more than Yuuko

Everyone and their mother was gunning for the spots in the top left corner when this chart was being made. It's a dumb corner anyways. Center and top middle a best.

What if you wished for kyubey to suck your dick?

You would get a good sucking

I WANT TO PROTECT THIS CHEESE

No. People are so retarded that they don't understand the movie. He got completely BTFO by Madokami and her team, his experiment failed and he would never had a chance to do it again. He already lost, but still got butchered by Homura.

he "already lost" when madoka recreated the universe so that his magical batteries stop existing
and yet he still tried to work around it when he learned about the theory from homura afterwards

no, fuck incubators they will never stop trying

Trying what? The experiment was only half succesful because Homura braindamaged Madokami with her magic and draged her into barrier. And they still failed to observe law of cycles in action, that was their original plan. No Homura - no experiment. If it was another girl, LoC would ignore or destroy whatever incubators do. Madokami was proven to be untouchable for them.

Just because their experiments are ultimately pointless doesn't mean they won't keep fucking shit up in the attempt

They will if it's pointles. They are not suiciders.

Yes. Homu's decisions are entirely just.

But it's not pointless. The experiment didn't prove that Law of the Cycle is uncontrollable. It was busted from the inside before it could reach conclusion.

Why is Homura so shit? She ruined the whole anime

The only reason they decided to bug out was because of Homura though.

And what exactly is so bad about her universe? Its exactly the same as Madoka's universe except now Madoka is in it too.

>The experiment didn't prove that Law of the Cycle is uncontrollable.
No. It was Homura who brainwashed Madokami with her new evil magic, not incubators. If not Homura, there wouldn't be any experiment at all.

>his experiment failed and he would never had a chance to do it again
Are you retarded? There are plenty of other magical girls to repeat the experiment with improvements based on what they learned from their mistakes.

They were gone after Madoka/Homura blasted them all in desert. Then Homura found them out of space later.
read

Don't see Chise from Saikano in there....

>They were gone after Madoka/Homura blasted them all in desert.
Surely you don't think that got rid of every Incubator.

>They were gone after Madoka/Homura blasted them all in desert.
Gone from that particular location but its not like that was their entire species.

Of course not, but it's not like they are going to get that experience over and over. They don't have emotions, but they have self defence.

they are batshit crazy
they are so fucking afraid of an event that might occur after eons, that they're willing to fuck up the universe NOW

> give teenager girls a shitload amount of power
> have no proper understanding of the concept of magic
> this results in having the universe resetted twice

I mean, it could've even worse, because Homura is at least a semi-decent person.

I mean self-preservation

>yabuki joe
>deserving any suffering
what the fuck

Absolutely NO!
Feelings are something that prevent us to evolve and advance.
Homura fucked everything cause "muh lesbian" and then shitted it more after become Satan.

None of these would have happened if someone was brave enough to confess to her.

I'm pretty sure there are no more magical girls who make god forget that she is god.

Should I rewatch Rebellion?

Wasn't the whole point to observe god coming down to collect their soul? Serious question its been awhile since I've watched it but I do remember QB trying to get Madoka to remember that she was a god near the end when Homura was trying to kill herself.

Remember, by getting cosmos rid of Incubators, Homura just sentenced the whole universe to heat death, because there is no one out there fighting the entropy now.

God fucking job, demon.

Madoka would have been dead by then anyway so who gives a fuck?

no she didn't, Homura proved at the end of the movie she has the powers to prevent that with her mind telekeensis.

Which is many trillions of years away. Humanity will be gone by then.

Heat death has fallen out of favor as a cosmological hypothesis anyway

Yes, but if it wasn't Homura, LoC would probably just ignore everything incubator do and they wouldn't see anything.

Homura literally did nothing wrong, so yes.

>Humanity will be gone by then.
so little faith in your own species

Its not like Madoka would just abandon a girl. If she could just ignore everything the incubators do then she would have just done that with Homura.

QB was completely justified in his actions.

Much worse.
Universe like it was before is dead.
It's just some kind of limbo/universal witch barrier.

good

Law of Cycles can't touch incubators outside the isolation field. Madoka allowed herself to be brainwashed as part of her plan.

I love how Rika and Bern are in opposite sides.

>He fell for the Big Crunch meme

I've never heard of this theory before. Do people think that after enough time has passed gravity will pull everything together again?

"I can't belive I could forget something so important".
No one(not QB, not even Madokami) could understand what's going on. Sayaka was just pretending to be cool and important.
And that explains "plotholes" about Madoka's omscience, Homura's power to take down god, etc

Reminder that Rebellion is all Homura's fault because she told Kyuubey about witches in episode 12

they think the universe is one big rubber band expanding and contracting

I couldn't help but to feel sorry for him there.

>feeling sorry for the devil after he gets his just desserts

As far as I'm aware, all measurements suggest that it's not going to happen and that the universe is actually accelerating in its expansion.

Remember that its ok because everything worked out at the end as long as that fucking raspberry doesn't fuck it up.

Reminder that the universe is inside of the witch barrier of an apathetic sociopath.

>all the main characters given good ends
>no more witches
>QBs getting fucked up every day
>Homura doesn't even do anything unless you try to pick a fight with her first
Nothing
Wrong

Did the series deserve such a shit third movie?