Why haven't you freed yourself from the gasoline Sup Forums?

Why haven't you freed yourself from the gasoline Sup Forums?
Today I've travelled 20 km by bike and I feel so alive.
40 minutes one way when the same distance by public transport would take 30 minutes. The trick is to know the way. The city has many shortcuts not available for cars. Think of all the money you could save. Think about global warming.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDxjge5hmY
europeanurology.com/article/S0302-2838(01)00028-8/fulltext
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20102446
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cool bike. i want to get a touring bike

>not being part of the TurboDiesel 4x4 master race
>why even live...

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDxjge5hmY

ITT: europoors

Because I don't want to have to buy a new bike every week.

Still balls-deep in snow in my neck of the woods, but I do ride the shit out my bike when weather permits.

Fucking bicyclists on mountain roads, that video made me happy

why you such a fag and use your muscle mass in 2018 when electric bikes are all the rage and you can charge one with a solar panel or steal from any power outlet. MORON!

ride bike and stay fit all life get hit one day by random drunk driver or woman driver then die after wasting all that effort

Thanks but no thanks op ill stick to riding a bike in the suburbs on sidewalks but not long distance on roads competing with cars. Last i checked motorcyclists wore full gear and a massive helmet to protect themselves yet they often still die from collisions.

I almost got killed every single day I commuted by bike to work (factory on the countryside, no bike lanes, lots of heavy traffic)

I got a 27 km/l car now

If I didn't live in the intense kingdom of amerishart I would.
But everything here is a rat race of getting in debt and killing yourself

Thieves can't handle my cheap but solid bike chain.

>get hit one day by random drunk driver
We have this thing called bike roads.

I bet your from westcoast

I got an annual bike share membership last week. $80/year and I don't have to worry about maintenance or the "black tax." It's great for running errands around town.

you can break that shit chain in like 30 seconds with the right pliers. do i really have to teach a pole how to steal?

it lowers your testosterone

We have public bikes that are free if you are willing to switch bikes every 20 minutes. Never checked how much do they charge if you go over the 20 minute mark on one bike.

I ride 15km everyday on my bike to work

My testosterone level is normal.
Nice source.

new nog thievery tech would make quick work of that chain

How did you guess

Don't know about T but the wrong seat crushes your benis

europeanurology.com/article/S0302-2838(01)00028-8/fulltext
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20102446

>nobody will notice that when your bike is parked in a densly populated area and in front of a camera.

Are telling me that you refuse to ride bikes because you fear bad bad people?
Buy cheap bikes and stop giving a fuck.
Used bikes cost pennies.

But these guys were riding on the shoulder and not hindering anyone.

You burgers love putting double lines absolutely everywhere, though, so I understand why cyclists can be a bitch elsewhere.

>do i really have to teach a pole how to steal?

This. I had a hearty kek.

Those are almost identical. Usually the companies charge an arm and a leg for one off usage. The local one I use charges $8/hour as, more or less, a tourist tax.

The pic is the hub next to the grocery store I shop at.

i love riding my bicycle. in the usa though riding a bicycle in most cities is suicidal.

My seat is filled with silicone.
So are my sports underwear.

jesus, we have dock-less bikes in my city (seattle), with 3 companies competing. One of them (ofo) offers free rides for the first 30min kek.

I wish I had more roads to drive, but I live in the middle of literal nowhere. There is just snow, trees, and more snow and trees. But still my all-season trash built mountain bike holds. Also whenever I go riding I try to take the camera with me, pic is of a beaver dam in a frozen swamp I rode though a few days ago.

How much does a reliable all season (every day) bike cost to you? To me it was 5Ls. That would be ~7Eur I think. Built it from scrap parts. Try and beat that

>global warming
Meh, don't care

Sohee wat stoer.

It's decent if you don't have a family. My son is getting a bike because he's 15 and about to start a job. And it's close.
But for transporting people or groceries or anything like that you need a car. And it's extremely necessary when you have a family.

>riding a bike on tight, no shoulder roads in Poland

so you want to die?

unless you're riding on rarely used country roads with minimal usage, you're asking for death. polish driving culture (rather lack of it) is horrid, the roads are still to this day built to minimal width. most roads in Poland are not bike friendly

>And it's extremely necessary when you have a family.
Is it really?
Why can't you ride a bus with your son in winter? Groceries are not a problem when you have bike sacks.

Motorcycle takes me 3 minutes to go that same distance and barely uses any fuel.

>what are roadsides
A proper bike can also ride off-road. OPs pic is not a proper bike.

Fun fact, it's not my bike.
I have a proper mountain bike.

Poznan ?

yes was

I cant stand the spandex monkeys who ride those non-bikes

That's great, user -- you're healthier for it. You're saving money, which is a good motivation in itself, and getting healthier. Of course, you're sweaty and dirty when you get to work -- showers at work? The reason I ask is I once worked near a man who rode his bike to work and had to cover my nose with my hand, just to talk to him. And, of course, he had to change shoes from his riding shoes to normal work shoes -- the stench was unbearable.

I used to ride 45km a day to and from work. Right now it's about 10km a day to work. I do sport 3 times a week and that adds 20km. All up I ride around 110+km per week. It's not much but it makes commuting so much quicker.

Checked

Oil will run out in 50 years or so. Enjoy while it lasts.

Ride a bike anywhere in Kentucky and you'll just be roadkill

>A recent survey by In-car Cleverness revealed London has the slowest average driving speeds in the UK within five miles of the city centre – claiming the top stop for the UK’s worst commute. With an average speed of just 8.34mph in 2017, a decrease of 1.24mph from 2016, future commutes aren’t looking fun for those working in the capital.

My city has a particularly good motorway system that links the city center to most of the surrounding 6-10 miles distant areas and I have a 10 mile commute. Driving, it would take me 15-25 minutes on a really good day, probably 25-35 on most days, and 40-50 minutes on really bad days.

Cycling takes me 35 minutes on an exceptional day and 40-45 minutes most days. It takes over 45 minutes only if there are exceptional headwinds or I have to stop for some rare reason.

I eat what I want keep metabolism active as fuck from the 10 mile of cardio every morning and evening and supplement with gym visits for upper body. The most fun thing however is cycling when traffic is extremely bad and sauntering past queues of motorcucks.

Does your bike have 707 hp? Didn't think so

Just take two sets of clothes, duh?

long bouts of steady cardio lowers testosterone and raises cortisol. HIIT is the way to go

I don't give a fuck about global warning, as it is a natural cycle of earth and human activity has nothing to with it.

Ethanol is the future of fuel.

Trade it for square link chain & it will be impervious to bolt crops m8. they slide out of the jaw unlike round crops are designed for.

>Pliers

This user is right but they're hardly inconspicuous & still too expensive for your average scumbag. I a thief wants it that bad you won't stop him anyway.

If it's free for the first 30 minutes, then how do they make money? I've been under the impression that most bike share rides are in the 10-15 minute range.

I'm 24 years old and don't know how to ride a bike

I love riding bikes.

When I was at university I had an old Carlton I would chain up outside lecture theatres. It had about ten different attempts at theft to its name, and one semi-successful one. I caught him trying to carry it down the stairs outside the library and pushed him over, then took it back. Over the summer I couldn't take it home, nor did I want to carry it all the way up the stairs of my accommodation, so I chained it up to the bike racks outside. Because I was an edgy kid, I also put razor blades under the rim of the seat and in other hidden places that people would attempt to grab. I even cut down some and forced them into the handlebar grips.

When I came back home someone had written FUCK YOU in marker pen on the seat, and a load of other abuse around the frame. There were also some blood stains on the tyres.

These days I would be arrested for hurting the hands of people who steal other's property, but as it was the 1990s if someone called the police and complained they would have been arrested.

be me
Saturday morning, sun is blazing
Phone around friends houses, I know all their numbers by heart
Speak to several milfs or hot sisters; no one is in
Get RALEIGH BURNER BMX from back garden
Get dog
Ride around looking for friends in usual haunts
Find them
"What shall we do lads"
"Let's go to that lake in the Howell wood"
It's 10 miles away
THUNDERCATS HO!