Do you think Kubo ever regrets writing bleach?

He wasted 15 years on a crappy manga and all it got him was a spiteful reader base, a broken shoulder and cancellation.

If I were talentless like him I'd probably regret the things I made too but I'm not so I don't.

Other urls found in this thread:

asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201609150004.html
reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/6qtfn6/post_manga_masterpost_part_2/
reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/6qtfsk/post_manga_masterpost_3/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_manga
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He got a lot of money out of it so I doubt it.

Well he's fucking rich... so probably not?

The royalty cheques for Bleach must still be fucking huge.

How? the series never sold all that well.

Should have just been a short manga but then he had to go and compete with Naruto and One Piece.

He should continue drawing, but not writing.

What are you on about?

Are you braindead? Bleach's total sales are over 80 million. This easily makes Kubo a millionaire. It's sales declined towards the end but compared to most manga it sold a fuck-load. You dont have to be a fan of the series to know that.

Just started watching it. Did Code Geass intentionally rip Kubos high school setting charm?

Are you dumb?
Bleach was a successful franchise that got him a lot of money. It got merchandise, an anime, games, and all sorts of shit.

Theres also the mobage,anime,theater productions and soon live action movie. Kubo is fucking rich

and lots of money

>It got merchandise, an anime, games
You don't need to be successful to get any of that.

but it was

asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201609150004.html
According to a 2016 article the manga has sold 87 million copies. That seems pretty good to me.

300,000 units in UK dvd sales from boxset 13
Don't know USA sales tho,
but Japanese sales is 600k+
and with a Manga of 100+ million not to mention Light novel sales
BBS makes 1 million weekly of micro transactions too, i can go on

I'll stop boding now

I'M STILL MAD
I WON'T EVER NOT BE MAD
READING THIS TO COMPLETION IS IN THE TOP 3 BIGGEST REGRETS OF MY LIFE
FUCK THIS FUCK KUBO FUCK EVERYTHING
at least I can laugh at ichiruki fags

He only made ONE mistake.

You need help

You sound like that fag JaymesHanson

You sound like that posh twat SoulMadness

What is the new "Big 3"?

Orihime being based on Inoue from UTT is common knowledge for anyone who's read it.

I don't know, but I sure as hell regret wasting my time reading it. And no, it wasn't for the end pairings, that was one of the few good things to come out of this shit mango.

well, they will turn the final arc into an anime at some time.
I guess the only thing that would be killing him is that he couldn't do what he wanted with his story.
I guess now that it is over it isn'tthat bad anymore thought.

>that was one of the few good things to come out of this shit mango.
I'm no ichiruki fag but why?

>watching anime/Bleach youtubers

None, OP is still above everything, but nothing aside of now concluded AssClass reached level even Bleach had at its peak.

I liked bleach.

I do believe it should have been split into a part 2 after Aizen though. the jump from peak to nothing with the fullbringer arc and calling it the same manga was too jarring and lead to him being rushed and ruining 2 different arcs that had potential if they were fleshed out properly.

URRRRRRYUU!

I'm a bit bummed Bleach had to die. It had its moments of greatness but it's like what happened to Reborn.

I think having Aizen as the main villain for the first ten years or so, even if he was behind the scenes for most of it, sort of made it difficult to continue when they hadn't set up enough other plot.
Other long-running anime series either have a lot of shorter, unrelated villains, or at least build up more sub-plot.

that's exactly why i think bleach should have been separated into a part 2. that way kubo could have taken his time and set up a new plot with his new characters and overall it would have felt more coherent as the 2nd part would really be a new beginning.

Though it was hinted at from the very beginning, Yhwach really should've been introduced into the series as a concept much earlier on.
Maybe a scene just before Ichigo goes hollow for the first time showing a shadowed figure permitting it or some mention about the quincy king lore(though the latter might just make his reveal more predictable)

Except Ywach didnt exist in Kubo's head back then. Not even faintly.

But he was hiding 1000 years in Soul Society

Which wasnt even planned to be that important when first signs of Ichigo's hollow side manifested.

i don't think there will ever be a new big three, it was a lightning in a bottle sort of situation that WSJ had 3 worldwide smash hits at the same time.

Reminder you say talent-less yet he was one of the more popular mangaka for nearly a decade because of his cast of characters.

>If I were talentless like him

I started fucking laughing when I read this

OP nothing you have even approaches his level of talent. He has more than likely made more in a week than you ever did in a yea, a testament to how talented he is. He made such an impact on you that his real name is imprinted in your mind to the point where you have to create a thread about it. He has so many people worshiping his ideas,concepts,characters and stories that they took time out of their lifespan to expand on it.

The absolute delusion filled pomp that has to be required to fuel writing a series of words like that is amusing but not even close to Tites level of talent compared to your miserable cog-in-the-wheel existence. Here's your (You) you at least get that much for this level of talent compared to that and more which Kubo got for displaying his

The only anime who came close in popularity is SnK but it doesn't belong to the group

"Big 3" was a retarded meme from the start to be honest. In reality it was just "Big One - oh and there are these guys too". OP was selling more than several titles behind it combined for years.

Nothing. It's a term referring to a specific period in WSJ's history, so it will always and forever be One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto.

Zangetsu was clearly intended to be more than he let on from this moment in his intro.

>A series referred to as one of the big three never sold well

I'm not well versed with SJ history, but weren't OP, Naruto and Bleach second Big 3?

but popularity doesn't equate to quality.

He literally yelled it to ichigo's face though

>He's rich

So what? Don't assume that he's happy. He spend 15 years being a voluntary slave. His youth has faded, his looks have faded. His spirit is broken. Bleach has already been forgotten. Was it all worth millions?

Anyone remember the fun shitstorm about Simmons JR?

k
And then explained exactly what he meant by this. It could be like with arrancars, Kubo randomly had someone tell Grand FIsher to take his mask off, and then years later thought it'd be a decent idea for a power-up for Hollows.

No. The first and only big three is One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach.

I was under the impression Naruto sold far, far better than One Piece in the West so they almost balanced out overall?

>almost balanced
There's no way it'd balance out, people are buying way less manga in the West. And that big domination was mainly US thing, I believe.

>I have no idea how people are saying my comic looks like that bleach magma. My book is in color and the other is not. My book reads left to right…the other reads right to left. Besides some vague similarities, they’re nothing alike.

I miss this shit so much.
That's really what gave the impression to the western fans that the three series were more or less "equal" in popularity and thus made the "big three". In Japan OP was always so ridiculously ahead of the rest that grouping the top three together was almost arbirtrary.

Bleach wasn't the only manga he either traced or stole from.

Hey dad, look at my OC!

that was before he achieved shikai

>and all it got him was a spiteful reader base, a broken shoulder and cancellation.
>reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/6qtfn6/post_manga_masterpost_part_2/
>reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/6qtfsk/post_manga_masterpost_3/

Kys moron.

you first

Mods

bump

I'm glad this piece of shit manga became a train wreck and ended like shit. The annoying as fuck fanbase deserved it.

>write NTR arc
>never address it or anything than happens during it again

What a shitty fucking author.

I'll remember at as an okay monster-of-the-week series that went off the rails.

Even though the manga really started to suck in the last half I can at least look back on it with nostalgia.

I still remember trying to marathon it on youtube back in highschool and falling asleep at my desk and having my mom come in and ask me what the hell am I watching

Now if only the same could happen to my hero academia

He dragged out his "Final Arc" for about 6 or 7 years after announcement, to the point that they had to force an end date to make him stop.

He might look back on it and see places where he should have moved the plot along faster or changed elements, but he spent almost half of his run "finishing up." I think he generally considers it a success, at least as a long-term trolling effort.

Nigga, he has live-action stage musicals based on Bleach. That's literally Lion King-tier shit.

You could, in some strange future, actually see Bleach on Broadway.

>3 worldwide smash hits

Only Naruto and Bleach are. OP's popularity is in Japan only. Worldwide, not as much as those two.

Mizuiro fucks MILFs though. Rivalz dies a virgin.

>Bait 101

Come on, don't exaggerate. It was 4 years.

>toriyama networth $45 million
>kishimoto networth $20 million
>kubo networth $50 million
No wonder shueisha hates kubo, he's taking all their bleach money.

He's the Robert Downey Jr of manga.

After reading through Bleach, I concluded that the ending was actually great, not anything leading up to it or the epilogue but the implications. Don't you guys see? People were too obsessed with Orihime winning, that they failed to notice the actual victor of Bleach. Aizen, got what he wanted, a reformed soul society no longer being ruled by the Soul King. Who was it that struck the King down? Ichigo. Why was Ichigo such a special snowflake? Because of Aizen. Aizen's creation went on to change soul society at its core and end the Soul King. If you don't believe me check pic related.

Doesn't exist in Japan, just something the west coined, also HxH always outsold Bleach.

You can't assume he's unhappy and his spirit is broken either.

Bleach ended 3 years ago?

Fuck, man, the years fly.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_manga

>Can't even reach 100 million mark
What a loser.

that manga payed his bills, user
also, the blame is shared with the manga's followers, the editor and the mangaka himself

No, man, what the fuck?

Final arc started in 2012. It ended in 2016, last year. Therefore, 4 years.

I could have sworn it started in 2010 or so, back when I was still in college.

2010, Aizen got defeated.
2010 - 2012, Fullbringer arc.
2012 - 2016, SIEG YHWACH arc and the end of Bleach.

>this is a average post made by a bitter bleach fan
Should've dropped this series when SS arc was over.

Why do people keep making threads to complain? I knew from the moment it was announced that only 4 chapters were left that the ending would be underwhelming and so many plot-lines wouldn't be answered. I got my pairings though so that was good.

This is some high level dick sucking.

Soul Society still has a Soul King with Yhwach though.

>He wasted 15 years
No.

>a crappy manga
One of the best, actually.

>a spiteful reader base
That's you projecting.

>a broken shoulder
A true hero.

>cancellation
Not his fault, and still a wild ride to the very end.

>If I were talentless like him
so you draw better than kubo?
would love to see that.