by not being shinji tier whiny bitch

>dad abandons you as a child
>dad then forces you to fight aliens which can easily fucking kill you at 14yo
>literally watch dad be more affectionate toward your classmate
>dad forces you to kill your own friend

and this why we love him

What flavor would NERV ramen have?

Feels flavor

I have already disapointed one dad can't be too hard to do it again.

Wasn't he scared of Shinji, scared of him being a better man than him? Remember that Gendo was an even more autistic Shinji. Also i'm black so I guess that would be a HUGE disappointment.

>What flavor would NERV ramen have?
LCL, i guess

>Also i'm black so I guess that would be a HUGE disappointment.
yeah but you can just steal rei with your bbc magic.

Gendo is basically Adult Shinji. Also in the Manga Gendo explicitly says to Shinji that he hates him because Yui was paying more attention to the boy, rather than him, her Husband.

ramen that tastes like blood, ew

Isn't LCL tasteless?

LCL have slight aftertaste of blood

Tang flavor

Considering he teamed up with a bunch of
jews to try and and the world because he can't get over mom dying, I'd disappoint him by foiling his plans.

I'm a hands-on kind of guy who also happens to be a slow learner

We'd probably get rekt'd by the first angel but if we somehow survive that, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to manage the other ones

>Also i'm black so I guess that would be a HUGE disappointment.
Only for this alone you're already a good nigger in my book.

I haven't read the manga but what's Gendo's social history?
He really doesn't seem like he was ready to be a father or even married. I can't imagine he was a very social person.

Is Michael Bay the fuck out of it.

Did Rei only have half of her soul in this scene?
She was far more friendly and happy before it.

Tang.

Daily reminder he's the GOAT man of animu.

An outcast? He wasn't even in a good social stratum to be paired with the likes of Yui, he was like a grown up Shinji that chose to "run away" all his life. God(aka Yui) knows how the hell they fell in love, but seems like Yui was only after his semen anyways, the old hit it and quit it.

Is Yui really behind everything in the manga? I know she's the daughter of a seele member.

I don't quite remember but she did had ties with the group that got a hold of the dead sea scrolls, not necessarily the daughter but maybe, also
>the manga
>implying just the manga
Yeah, she was the one that planned all the events of the show.

Manga was explicit with it; he's specially formulated to exploit the maternal impulses of mad geniuses. If you have a doctorate and a cooze apparently Gendo looks like an overgrown shota.

Probably because I'd watch Madoka instead and have a better time.

It's impossible to disappoint no expectations.

I'm already a disappointment to everyone in my life, anime characters are the logical next step.

I would squash him and his cuck assistant

Gendo is literally my dad.

Evangelion hurt to watch

>literally watch dad be more affectionate toward your classmate
Fucking this
Gendo's obvious preference for Rei was like emotional cuckholdery for Shinji. I find it baffling that people have difficulty sympathizing with Shinji after seeing all the terrible shit he had to go through.

That is Shinji's perspective of Rei, but his perspective looks sort of bratty and self-absorbed after the reveal of how Rei lives.

Is this the Shinji that everyone who didn't get Eva wanted?

Why would you even try to impress him, he's the biggest bitch in the entire series

Children who are neglected by their parents often grow to be self-absorbed, but yeah, it is. I don't think Rei's circumstances invalidate how bad that must feel for Shinji, though; in fact, it'd probably beg the question of why Rei's life is so shit when his dad pays fond attention to her.
The whole thing is just horrifying for both kids involved.

Social history?

The fuck?

Who cares hes a scientist he needed no social life

It was shown in the anime that he was a huge asshole whom nobody liked. He had no connections with anyone until Yui.

Fuck off no he wasn't

Okay. I guess you're the one who watched the show and I'm the one who didn't.

We watched the same version then. That guy must have watched the Russian dub.

Did the Russian dub completely neglect to include the lines about how Fuyutsuki had to bail Gendo out of the police station before they'd even ever met because Gendo had no one else to call and had heard well of Fuyutsuki from Yui, the only person who would tolerate him?

No its just turning the whole plot on its head. Basically a confident shinji would make a story more focused on the Angels and Evas than his inner psyche.

>pays fond attention to her
Did he? Because in her real introduction Gendo was smiling when she was dumped out of a gurney and started bleeding because it got Shinji's attention. That scene of her happily speaking with Gendo was from Shinji's view and in the same episode where her home was seen and it was shown she doesn't like getting in robots, either.

>it'd probably beg the question of why Rei's life is so shit when his dad pays fond attention to her

I think it's worse than you've imagined. There's a recurring theme of "selfless love" vs "selfish love". Gendo's affection towards Rei is 100% selfish love - she is vital to his plans, so he's looking after her like you'd look after a pile of money. This explains his desperation pulling her out of a searing hot entry plug with his bare hands.

Tragically, Rei mistakes this all for selfless love. Until the end, when the penny begins to drop.

He's smiling because he's manipulating shinji. Gendo is a dick , major dick to ground control.

Shinji's perspective skews it, and "fond attention" would only align with his perspective, yeah, but imagine how he must have felt when he saw Gendo returning to Rei's side on the anniversary of Yui's death.
Gendo's relationship with Rei is very complex, as relationships in Eva usually are. For sure, he's a bad person and treats her badly. But he is also more attentive to her than he is to most others--being attentive to her just happens to come from a self-absorbed place. There's a reason he's slanted as the logical negative extreme of Shinji.

Hah, we had the same idea going on. Thanks, I agree.

How would I know? Ask that guy who apparently watched it and thought Gendo had friends and was well liked.

Truly the Steve Jobs of anime.

all you have to do is get in the fucking robot

If I were shinji I would do my abololute best to piss that guy off. From embarrassment to actively foil his plans.

you know that may have just been gendo trying to get close to fuyutsuki

I guess, yeah, you can ignore all his behavior shown up until that flashback and assume there's a convoluted lie going on which isn't indicated by the text of the show at all. Never mind Yui talking to Fuyutsuki about what an asshole people think he is, too.

Oh I'm not the same guy I'm just speculating at this point. Although he was an asshole it;s clear he had some amount of political influence, I doubt he knew no one, he just figured it would be a good way to get close to both Fuyutsuki and Yui. Just idle speculation.

I font get The hate for him, I mean he's based AS fuck only that his loser ass son is a whiny little BITCH

Of course he knew people. The topic is whether anybody actually liked him, and they didn't, unless they were crazy egoists in need of abstract validation like the Akagis, or unless they were Yui and whatever was up with her.

Because he uses people and is a manipulator, he's what shinji would grow up to be if Shinji kept going forward with his hedgehog's dilemma.

nah
shinji hated using people
misato was literally begging for cock, and asuka was right fucking there also almost begging for it
but he didn't do shit.
And contrary to what people think it's not because he was a coward, he just hated even the thought of getting messed up emotionally in their lives.

>nah
This is confirmed though and your sexual fantasies have nothing to do with it.
>he just hated even the thought of getting messed up emotionally in their lives.
This is literally why Gendo became an asshole and also estranged himself from Shinji.

No shinji used people, he used them for moral support. >he just hated even the thought of getting messed up emotionally in their lives.
That's the manipulation part, that's where the fear starts and he uses people to feel sorry for him but runs away when people are suffering. He uses them and gives nothing in return.

what's confirmed, that shinji would become just like his dad?
I don't see it, he never expressed one trait like his father in terms of wanting to manipulate people.

ah
your right
Shinji is literally me.

Did you miss out on characters comparing them to each other or the entire hedgehog business? Also made stellar points. Don't know what to tell you except rewatch.

When you see him arguing with himself in his "mind train" then shows Gendo standing in front of him. That's what he is becoming.
Once shinji realizes that the world is against him, in his mind I mean, then he will turn cold and manipulate people like his father did and become his father.

>Rei mistakes this all for selfless love
She spoke pretty plainly about her usefulness as a pilot being her only connection to anybody. I read it more like she understood and was satisfied with that until Shinji started doing things for her and she couldn't see why.

I think one can be forgiven for not being able to empathize with others if they had lived a life of severe isolation. It's astounding that he turned out to be as empathetic as he is given the life he supposedly led.

He lived in severe parental neglect, not severe isolation. They are different.

Oh yeah, Shinji only talks about Rei like that in his subconscious, at about the same level he thinks about putting a knife in Gendo. His direct interactions with her are the most consideration she knows until she is also inside his head.

Scientist and general shady guy who's useful for doing shady things for GEHRIN. He's also an asshole. Is "saved" by Yui from his autism and he falls madly in love with him. He fugs his waifu but she dies in one of the Eva projects.

Fuck off nigger Sup Forums is spic board

You wish paco

huh even her insides are the best

fuck off cia niggers