Admit it, the black star dragon ball saga was fun

Admit it, the black star dragon ball saga was fun.

great concept poor execution

I admit I really liked GT when it first came out when i was a youngling.
The problem is that when you look at it objectively you see how shitty it really was in hindsight in comparison to the real deal.
Regardless I still have a soft spot for SSJ4.

I'm watching GT for the first time, about two thirds the way through so far.

It's not saying much, but it's much better than Super

Everything post-Frieza is borderline fanfiction.
GT and Super are a disgrace that should haven ever existed.

I guess I agree, but I did enjoy this first half of GT. It reminded me of classic dragonball

The stand alone episodes are, most of the arc is boring machine mutant bullshit

I liked the machine mutants and their gimmicks

I like GT a lot, doesn't mean I think it's good. I feel like people are unable to separate those two things.

>dumbing down the characters the arc

You understand this is Dragonball, right?

Goku is meant to be a telepath who is able to move mountains with his mind. Fastforward to Super.

Super is shit and so is GT. I don't see your point.

Anything in GT is better than super

Fastforward to Buu saga then.

Not really. It was just a Dragon Ball rehash (in space) with shittier humor and even stupider villains. The "Dragon Ball in space" concept didn't even last that long before the Baby faggotry started, ending the show's "adventure" aspect before it came into its own and beginning the show's decline into a shitty DBZ retread. I'll never understand the "GT was good" revisionist history. Literally every single problem people complain about in regards to Super (power levels, serial escalation, silly transformations) is present in GT, except the writers don't even bother trying to apply any sort of logic. Characters job just to ensure Goku looks cool and wins every fight like always. Story arcs are full of contrivances and plot holes. Villains are mis-used or suffer from squandered potential. Baby begins as a weird, crafty foe who relies on his wits and powers to survive battles. Then his arc falls to pieces after he takes over Vegeta and becomes another generic supervillain with no real distinguishing qualities. The brute/blutz/whatever wave nonsense they use to justify SSJ4/Golden Oozaru is beyond stupid. The Super 17 arc makes no logical sense. Where did they get the parts to build a perfect copy of C17? Why is SSJ Goku able to punch him literally halfway across the globe when SSJ2 Vegeta, Majuub (who was at least as powerful as Baby Vegeta, if not more so), SSJ2 Gohan and SSJ Goten couldn't scratch him? The Shadow Dragons arc had potential, and (admirably) tried to restore the adventure elements, but it's too little, too late. Then the series is capped off with the most generic villain ever, who is so powerful he needs to be beaten through a deus ex machina.

GT tries to combine DB's sense of adventure and humor with DBZ's action yet fails at both while all the while squandering what few good ideas it has. It feels like Dragon Ball written by people who'd never actually read or seen Dragon Ball. I can only praise it for the ending.

this

The idea of traveling the galaxy on a treasure hunt could have been fun, but boring stories and ugly art ruined a lot of it. Plus, picking those 3 was not a good choice as Pan was annoying, Trunks was useless and Goku was Goku.

>I'll never understand the "GT was good" revisionist history.
It seems to be like that for a lot of things. Games or shows that were considered bad when they first came out, but now everyone loves them for some reason.
DB GT, Metal Gear Solid 2, Pokemon Yellow, my girlfriend, Reddit, etc

>Then the series is capped off with the most generic villain ever

Frieza wasn't in GT though.

He literally was.

To be fair. Metal Gear Solid 2 was very much ahead of its time. At least in regards to it's main themes of information control and the internet.

>He's too pleb to appreciate the Buu saga

There's nothing to appreciate.
Dumbest villain, pointless Goku wank, Vegeta being retarded as usual, and Gohan becoming useless.

Except the Sayian and Cell saga

No, it wasn't, it's a dumb as fuck videogame with a dumbass plot that people praise because
>OH MY LE GOD IT LE PREDICTED LE SJWS
Metal Gear is one of the most cancerous franchises ever with one of the most cancerous fanbases, very happy it's dead.

>ugly art
It looked better than Z in my opinion.

You clearly didn't understand the plot or even the kernel of the story

Nor do I care about it.
The only people who praise it are a bunch of fatasses in Sup Forums who try to sound smart just because that gook hack read or watched some shit action movie and copied it's plot.
Take your cancer there, and keep it there.

I wish Supers art was as good as GT

GT's art was actually good.

Not really, better than Super, but still trash.

It's trash compared to what?

like pretty much all of gt

To Z.

It wasn't bad at all. You're just repeating after the hivemind.

Z was inconsistent.

>The problem is that when you look at it objectively
Which you don't, you're holding an opinion which by its very nature neither is nor can it ever be objective. The only thing that changed is your attitude.

I think we could conclude GT wasn't really good and certainly bad compared to DBZ, but it was made with good intentions and at least respected Goku, even at the price of everyone else. It had good designs for planets and villains, and SS4 is the best design of the franchise.
However everyone is orders of magnitude weaker than in Buu (buildings, no way to destroy planets,...), the writing wasn't good, the characters got sandbagged for sake of plot, and characters became shit except Goku.

It was made with the intention of milking the Dragon Ball brand.

>The problem is that when you look at it objectively you see how shitty it really was in hindsight in

You can say that same thing about DBZ.

And Super isn't?

Super has nothing to do with it, but yes it is.