I finished Brohood again and want more FMA. Should I finally watch the 03 version, is it worth it and different enough?

I finished Brohood again and want more FMA. Should I finally watch the 03 version, is it worth it and different enough?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JQLnb9PzpaQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yup. The story is completely different part way through.

heck yea my dude

Eh, If you've seen Brotherhood and/or read the manga, I'd say it's worth going back. Just to see how it differs.

Wait for live action too :^)

Thanks. Also heard Lust plays a bigger role, that's good at least.

What said.
Also original's OST is incredibly beautiful, better than brotherhood's i'd say.

>tfw edited all my files so that all the voices are in japanese except for mustang, bradley and major armstrong

The fuck is wrong with you?

>tfw watching it in kraut this time
Honestly pleasantly surprised, by kraut animu voice acting in general. Imo it is far ahead of English dubbing as far as anime goes. Especially kids in English anime dubs all sound like adult women with throat cancer. Why not let actual ~13 year olds speak or women with naturally slightly boyish but light voices?

>Why not let actual ~13 year olds speak or women with naturally slightly boyish but light voices?
Because if the need to reprise the role arises (which is exactly what happend with FMA:B) they might not be able to do that due to the voice change, and the voice director will have to do the recasting. Also how many ~13yo are in the VA industry anyway? Not many i think.

Post kraut Roy.

I guess that's a problem, but in Ger DBZ for example there was a real kid acting for kid Gohan, that was good. The English one sounds so dirty, doesn't fit him well, I think. But Goku's English one is probably my favorite overall.

youtube.com/watch?v=JQLnb9PzpaQ
At 45 seconds.

Different enough? Yes.

Quality and Story < fma:b

I'd say you should read the manga first if you hadn't, and check out 03 after that.

Here's the best I can summarize my thoughts:
I loved FMA03 but I thought the ending was shit. Movie made it worse.
FMAB did mid-series better but I thought the ending was shit. It had setup to be better but went to complete garbage before it was over.

They're both handled pretty differently, I'd say you can enjoy the ride 2003 version has to offer. Go watch it but be warned it gets darker as you go through it.

Yeah sure

It's edgy fanfiction that stretches the first 17 episodes or so for twice as much content while introducing its own shit

It's not bad but it's pretty different

You messed up nigger. Should have watched 2003 version first then Brotherhood. While I have fond memories of 2003 and enjoyed it a lot, Brotherhood's adaption was far superior. It's the best version.

Severely underplayed by author, a shame.