Did any civilization other than the West ever create music even close to the greatness of classical music...

Did any civilization other than the West ever create music even close to the greatness of classical music? Did the Chinese or the Japanese?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo
youtu.be/dx76YPgZviE
youtube.com/watch?v=NYf0XJKpzCs
youtube.com/watch?v=7vLe3nitC7M
youtube.com/watch?v=6O3mZ00xxoI
goonsaloon.pro/intj/
youtube.com/watch?v=ujzMHLac404
youtube.com/watch?v=MxJFMBv4Ibo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nope. The closest the Chinese and Japanese had to Western music was Opera.

Mongolian Throat Singing comes pretty close
youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo

high culture

no music on earth even comes close

雅楽 This began in the 5th century in Japan

And how the fuck am I supposed to know what that is from your grainy little image?

probably something like this
youtu.be/dx76YPgZviE

if so it's nowhere near classical music

I hate to break it to ya white boyz but yall bin played

Nope, Europeans are by far the most creative race, this is why we are the master race.

wh*Te dogs can't compete
youtube.com/watch?v=NYf0XJKpzCs

youtube.com/watch?v=7vLe3nitC7M

Inca choirs are considered some of the most sophisticated music of their time

Gregorian chants are better then this garbage, hell ancient Germanic volk music was better then this.

Better than the rest of the world, but doesn't even compare to classical music in terms of complexity.

Gangster rap

Aside of western civilization only Chinese/Japs had anything remotely close to us. Hard to discuss terms of beauty, but considering that even Japs/Chinese are in love with classical music of Europe proves it's superiority.

Classical European music has the broadest tonal range of all music.

it's also boring shite for pretentious art cunts

You need to be at least 18 to post in here

>t. merengue fan

name the last time you played Bach or some shit like that on purpose

Without the use of words classical music can evoke feeling and emotion more than any other medium.

Music written centuries ago is still hugely influential in pop culture and film tracks to this day are almost always in the classical style if not outright classical music.

Nothing, past or present, has yet matched classical music in its influence and objective quality.

It's subjective.

>elevator music
lmao

I listen to classical music every day. Listened to Joseph Haydn, Bela Bartok and Carl Maria von Weber today.

Prokofiev, Grieg and Dvorak are on my playlist daily. Hated this shit when I was younger,but eventually started to enjoy it.

Is this thread being slid? Seems pretty important unless it's already been addressed.

Presumably. The question is whether records exist that we could access

this sounds spanish inspired

wtf I hate bethoven now

No. We don't even having anything today anywhere near the classic masterpieces that was composed in that time.

Classical music is and will always be superior due to the fact the songs were created geniuses and played by musician that dedicated their life for said purpose

Rock me, Niggadeus

youtube.com/watch?v=6O3mZ00xxoI

Dirty jap range banned you from Sup Forums? Come to goonsaloon.pro/intj/ where we don't ban anyone. tDRGbpXu

rap and hip hop is far more influential than classical music.

And I like classical music more than rap/hip hop but black culture in the form of music is INCREDIBLY influential. You'd have to be retarded to think otherwise.

White ppl are corny. No one wants to hear their basic music anymore except the already rotting.

>leaf

The word "corny" is really corny, desu.

Shut up gwailo

"Classical" music is just subjective.
youtube.com/watch?v=ujzMHLac404

No way

I'm studying music and it's incredible how Western music has evolved since the middle ages. The notation, the theory, the development and use of instruments to their fullest extent. It's at a level of complexity that no other music has ever achieved.
And people shouldn't compare Eastern folk music to classical, classical music is high art that is very different all European folk music, let alone any others. I don't know what other societies had the same kind of high art
youtube.com/watch?v=MxJFMBv4Ibo

purchase one for your cuckshed

Baroque is better than Classical.

No.

by classical I meant Western art music

Bach basically invented the western scale system and pushed harmony to it's limits. He wrote so much music that it would take a lifetime to hear it all. You have to thank him for any real music that came after

>Bach basically invented the western scale system
No he didn't, he was just a proponent of even tempering

Shame you'll never hear all of his music though, a huge amount of it is lost forever, used as paper for the local butcher and such