Welp, Shueisha said it themselves that they want Black Clover to be the next Naruto. Take that as you will

>Welp, Shueisha said it themselves that they want Black Clover to be the next Naruto. Take that as you will.

twitter.com/kiirobon/status/905134234209316864

So how much better is Black Clover than Naruto?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/161180197/#161180197
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First chapter is a reskin of naruto's first chapter, so it's actually worse.

>Shueisha gave BC the stigma of becoming the next Naruto and now its cursed much because people will always make the comparison between the two.

New Toriko confirmed! Looks like MHA dodged the bullet and now can branch out by itself rather than people trying to make comparisons.

It's like Naruto in which it handles the MC's motivation, how his goal and the journey to achieve it looks all over the place, and the unshakable feeling of "I think this guy (or the rival) have something to do with that huge fight back then"
It's also like FT in the way it handles powers (magic): "Arbitraty Magic: Arbitrary Magic Techniqueâ„¢" and how the MC relies on "Power of Never Giving Up" and actually shout it everytime he goes into battle

TL; DR worst of both worlds

is even possible have a huge hit like naruto nowadays? not even attack on titan did stay relevant for a couple of years.

>New Toriko confirmed!
Im pretty sure BC won't flop as hard as Toriko and will successfly gather fanbase from Naruto and Fairy tail.

Well, the author's decent enough to have had the MC and his rival actually interact with each other before the first chapter unlike Naruto and Sasuke.

I thought it was a joke one shot or a short series to fill in at first, but nope.

>will successfly gather fanbase from Naruto and Fairy tail.

Well, it contains elements from both.

It's weird that Shueisha actually said it wants BC to become the next Naruto while Naruto is still alive in the form of Boruto. Even ratings and sales-wise it trails behind TPN now.

Granted, Bort is now a monthly but there's still the anime going around and it may successfully siphon off some of FT's audience since the manga is ending

Toriko made over $100 million in merch in it's first year of the anime how did BNHA do?

Shut your mouth. Toriko was a masterpiece compared to Cocklover.

source: your ass

BC doesn't even have an arc a quarter as decent as Zabaza's arc after 120 chapters.

>Toriko was a masterpiece
Toriko was shit, art was hideous story nothing special.
Also i love how MHA is always in BC threads.

>quarter as decent as Zabuza's arc
Neither the rest of Naruto and other shonen shits like bleach and BnHA.

Black Clover is fucking tanking in the rankings though.
Why wouldnt they be pushing BnHA or Neverland or even Dr. Stone instead?

Fujobucks perhaps? They could amp up the fujobait in the anime.

It's better than BnHA at least

Hopefully it fails so they feel shame

>tanking
>desuarchive.org/a/thread/161180197/#161180197
Average ranking of past 8 weeks

01.84 One Piece
02.13 Hero Academia
03.60 Kimetsu
04.35 Neverland
04.45 Dr. Stone
04.65 Black Clover

You are full of shit its always around 5th place which is undeservedly good spot for this series.

>Fujo
They would need a fujobait at first.
Only thing that i see could pander to them is YunoxAsta and maybe Yami.
Fujos usually hate series with many girls and MC have 4/5 already on his dick.

>Neverland
They were already doing it with gazillions of colored pages, recommendations from famous authors and commercials on TV.
>BnHA
The planning of the first season was a mistake. Adapting only 20 chapters in just 13 episodes and putting them in a failed block was the dumbest idea they had. Just seeing the reception of the second season already shows this. BnHA could have been huge.

But, anyway, you never know how much a manga can grow because of the anime. Before the adaptation, Kuroko was selling what BC sells now, after the adaptation became the second best seller of the year.

>Before the adaptation, Kuroko was selling what BC sells now, after the adaptation became the second best seller of the year.
Because its fujoshit

What's the next Bleach or One Pice?

Ah yes the Toriko curse.

Bleach and FMA have become best seller because of the female audience as well. And that's the point: when it's shown on TV, the appeal expands, even when it is not something conscious.

If Shueisha said Black Clover is the next Naruto, then HeroAca is the next Bleach.

One Piece hasn't even ended yet.

>they want Black Clover to be the next Naruto
At best, it would be the next Toriko.

BnHA is the next One Piece.
And no one wants the next Bleach. But maybe Kimetsu no Yaiba, if you want samurai fighting evil spirits, although Kimetsu seems to have a much better story.

>BC centric thread became a thread that drags all battle shonens/shonens, old and new, along: OP, Naruto, Bleach, HxH, Toriko, FT, MHA, TPN, Kimetsu, Dr.Stone
Every.single.time

>BnHA is the next One Piece
Not even in your wildest dreams

Bleach and FMA had a lot of normalfags

>BnHA is the next One Piece.
Are you alright on the head?
BnHa doesn't have potencial to became such power house as One Piece and i'm still not sure if it will ever get close to Naruto.

Neverland and Stone will not last that long, at most I see Neverland lasting 5 or so years and Stone maybe 7, they want another 10+ years series which are the ones who bring stability to the magazine,Niggerlover can be dragged to oblivion

While I do think Shonen Jump currently has better titles that deserve an adaption far more than Black Clover, I sort of understand why they'd want to push it like this. Its a mediocre series that somehow or another has survived getting axed so clearly some people like it. They probably think if they can improve on the source material in some way, they'll hit a wider audience like Naruto did. But I think what it really boils down to is; do we even want another Naruto? Why would we want a repeat of the same thing we've already seen in terms of popularity and ratings?

The thing that made Attack on Titan's popularity so crazy was that it was (clearly) never expected to hit such a mainstream audience. I don't think anyone could've predicted that the anime would be so insanely popular with EVERYONE. But is someone really going to sit down and try to recreate that? I don't think so, and even if they did they'd fail. Markets are only predictable to a certain extent and while you can take educated guesses, its still mostly a shot in the dark. Do you think anyone expected Kemono Friends to be so crazy popular? Do you think anyone expected Yuri on Ice to be so crazy popular? The studio can push BC as much as they want but they can't force the popularity, especially not if they're just trying to make Naruto 2.0. It ain't gonna happen.

What really needs an adaption, and will likely be the runaway success they're looking for, is The Promised Neverland. An anime will come eventually, thats almost guaranteed, but they shouldn't be focusing so much on BC when they have better chances of striking gold elsewhere. Even Kimetsu looks more promising than BC but I'm sure someone looked at the manga and said 'if follow the same formula we did with Naruto, we'll definitely have a hit on our hands' which isn't cool. Lets think outside the box maybe?

They just want something as popular as Naruto again. Ideally they would want something to reach One Piece levels of success, but that will never happen.

I doubt anything in our lifetime will reach One Piece levels. That shit is an anomaly.

BnHA was state to be already 20% done when it was in 80 chapters (or 120 I forgot the specific). It would reach up to 600 at max. Although, Hori could've estimated wrongly, like w/ the sports festival arc which is something to be considered. It's not as long as One Piece, but he could make a sequel like what Naruto did if he/Shueisha wants to milk it more.

That's the point. It's simply not possible to have a OP or Naruto-Bleach level of popularity again, well Naruto have a bigger popularity outside moonland but that's not really the point.

The point is, nowadays TV is not a dominating medium it once were back in late 90s-early 00s. Anime-manga now has to compete with all kinds of entertainment which are as easy or even easier to access e.g mobile games, cartoons, webcomics, etc.

And now with the shift to digital publishing it probably will get even harder to have a runaway success

How so, lair. I don't see Black Cover showing tits and asses every chapter like fairy tail. Also, fairy tail was heavy on shipping even though the author gave a middle finger to a lot of ships.

Appropriate for a manga that doesn't really have anything on its own.

And black clover fans believe this better then naruto

>Black Clover
>fans

>potencial
Oh, Juan, you silly goose. It's obvious that nothing will quite reach OP levels ever again, but quality-wise, BnHA is way above the compatition - just like OP.

Yeah, I doubt that estimate would be accurate and it should be pretty easy for Horikoshi, who has a lot of ideas, to extended it beyond initial plans.

But it is not because of them that sales have grown, believe me.

So you don't think an anime full of effeminate men like Yuri on Ice would generate the success it has generated? C'mon. Before the debut many already said that it would be Free 2.0. And it was.

In terms of sales, nothing currently stands to match the manga made fifteen years ago. Shit, the only manga that can reach 1 million now is OP, HxH and SnK. Times have changed.

But when it comes to global popularity, Boku no Hero is far from a disappointment.

>So you don't think an anime full of effeminate men like Yuri on Ice would generate the success it has generated? C'mon. Before the debut many already said that it would be Free 2.0. And it was.

It went beyond Free's success as it nailed the LGBT, mostly gay, community in a perfect storm

BNHA cucks on suicide watch

Black Clover is worse than Naruto.

I believe in shueisha taste

>cucks

Just say "faggots", you crossboarder.

It's worse. Black Clover's mangaka is following the example of modern day video game companies and their usage of DLC:

He's taking characters from the lite novel spin-off and writing them into the manga like they've always been there as if to say "Hey! You have no fucking clue who these characters are?! Buy the LNs to find out!"

The appeal to fujoshis is 90% of what made the series famous. And that was already obvious in advance. If it were a gay series in Tsuki Ga Kirei style, no one would mind.

And you said that Neverland is a better option. Maybe you're right. Depending on the director, it can turn into a hit. BUT there is a reason why SnK and Death Note, series with which Neverland is usually compared, have exploded: they are full of death and stakes. Neverland is full of people talking and escaping death with keikaku. Let's see if the audience will care for this.

Fuck off narutard

I think Shueisha is counting their chickens before they hatch. You can't force a series into popularity. Popularity comes from how much a work resonates with readers. Black Clover is a flash in the pan that will be forgotten quickly like Toriko.

Toriko was the worst parts of Hunter x Hunter starring the retarded foodie cousin of Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star. Toriko is dogshit.

I hate Naruto too you faggot. Doesn't change the fact that Black Clover is the worst parts of Naruto mixed with the worst parts of Fairy Tail.

But two minuses make a plus so does that mean Nigger Clover is good?

Haha, no.

What about Krone and Norman? Granted the last one is probably not true but hey.

Black Clover is a pretty cut and dry shounen manga but it doesn't fuck around or paint itself as anything but (looking at literally every SJ manga).

>Naruto
Started out as a cool magic ninja manga about an orphan. Turned into EVERYONE FIGHT EVERYTHING EVER. Magic is """ninjutsu"""

>Bleach
Started out as a really nice story about a kid who sees ghosts. Turned into EVERYONE FIGHT EVERYTHING EVER. Magic is bankai shit.

>BnHA
Started out as an interesting take on government-operated superheroes with a nice underdog story. Turned into EVERYONE FIGHT EVERYTHING EVER.

Black Clover? Its magic. Its about being magic and an underdog with no magic. Then there's bad guys with magic and people fight. It's cliche as fuck. Nothing about is original, but it isn't pretentious and that's what makes it fun.

Also Third Eye are fucking rad and can't wait to see them animated.

>BnHA is the next One Piece.
BnHA is the new HxH. Madman kid with green hair, traps, creepy guys, strategies, sick author, hiatus.

Toriko is not masterpiece, but it is a fun read.

>What about Krone and Norman?
If well directed, they can certainly make the series explode until Ray's fake death, when everyone dropped the series .

The anime is popular enough to warrant a movie,
but unless you can post some source,you stretching way to far it brah

It will be the new naruto. Whether you like it or not. To the grown fanbase it might not be. However to children in weebland they will love it like they love naruto. In ten years BC will be the new nurutu of Sup Forums

Bnha is the next assasinatiin class room numbnuts

Who's going to be his shojo waifu like Togashi and Sailor Moon?

That's a pretty surface level comparison as expected from bnhatards.

bnha is just a copy of nardo with some switches here and in there in plot and characters but the fight scenes are a lot more shit.

Fuck off

And Assassination Classroom the next ____?

The author from Kimetsu.
Are you mad?

I'm still reading it but that was garbage. Even Norman coming back would be less of an asspull. If they at least hadn't made the match actually drop as a cliffhanger I could've excused it.

user, don't tell me you actually like Nigger Clover.

>Nigger Clover
Back to Sup Forums, subhuman

>Saying "nigger" in any board in Sup Forums means you are from Sup Forums

How new are you?

Salty bnhatards dont like black clover become the next naruto

BC will be the next naruto.

The children who bother to their parents to buy them the merch or the volumes will have this as apart of their childhood. They will connect more with it than they would with bleach or hxh or "lemme read 800 chapters" one piece. And this goes for all the new titles such as neverland or robot. I know it's a hard pill to swallow but it's not like YOU contribute anything to the weeb industry.

Is Norman coming back an asspull though? Ray definitely was but Norman? Really?

>defending not being from Sup Forums this hard
Not as new as you. Back to your containment board.

>If they at least hadn't made the match actually drop as a cliffhanger I could've excused it.
That was the worst thing for me too.

I do.

Your point?

Does this shit get a fighting tournament at some point? On volume 6 and it hasn't yet. Getting board of this midnight sun faggots too.

In fact, BnHA fans are happy, they never liked the comparisons with Nardo.

But the next naruto mean the next big hit

It depends on the explanation they are going to give.

They fear if its sell million per vol like naruto

I'm the original user you quoted, and like other dude said, Yuri on Ice far surpassed Free. And that was kind of my point, that something thats popular can definitely inspire future works but to actually shoot for that same level of popularity is a little naive because you never know what exactly the audience will take to. Free was very popular and I have no doubt that its success helped YoI get funded, because there was now precedent, but Yuri crushed Free and everything elses sales that season. And its still going. I bet the YoI staff hoped for Free level sales if everything went well, not the international hit that the series would become.

But thats another thing too though. You can't attribute its success just to 'pretty boys' because those are dime a dozen in anime. You can find pretty boys in some of the worst series out there but that doesn't make them popular. YoI had something in its storytelling that complimented the attractive character designs and thats why it was a success. I watched it and I liked it but it wasn't something I lost my mind over so I can't say what exactly made it resonate with fans so much. I personally enjoyed Kuroko better, as far as sports series go, but I digress. A popular anime has to have some kind of life to it (the only way I know how to say it) and I just don't see that spark in Black Clover that would take it anywhere near Naruto levels.

As far as Neverland goes, I do think its a series that would benefit greatly from an anime because there are certain things that can only be conveyed through animation, rather than still pictures. The escape arc was great in manga form, so with the proper music, VA's, animation, and the right director to really give it that oomph, I think it would really hit big with a wide audience. You've got a female lead, cute boys, nuanced villains, an interesting and mysterious world setting, and enough tension to maintain that shonen high stakes vibe all the most popular series have.

Can they really fuck up that bad? Just say he's working with the demons or something.

Wow, such shit taste.

Well, BnHA is a hit. Not at Nardo's level because this is impossible nowadays (even Haikyuu can not sell as much as Bleach sold at its peak), but is still a hit.

How you gonna' steal Gintoki's head and dye his hair black though? Black Clover looks like nothing but thinly veiled plagiarism from what I've seen of the series.

They are the brainwash villain not the real villain

At least my taste involves mangas with superior girls.

Protip: noelle will be the next hinata/Nami/Rukia

What the fuck is black clover

Bad wording, I just meant to imply Ray's was way worse. There are reasonable explanations for Norman but Emma going full ninja doesn't make a good case for Ray.