Has there ever been an anime where the childhood friend wins?

Has there ever been an anime where the childhood friend wins?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pWCso20W2Ck
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Plenty of them.

Usagi Drop

S

Yu Yu Hakusho for one

Classmates don't count as childhood friend unless they've known each other since they were kids.

I thought they did know each other as kids, guess i remembered wrong

FMA?

Tonagura! ez

There's that one death game manga where they rewrite history at the end so that they were never childhood friends to begin with.

Was it ever implied that Ed and Winry hooked up?

E

they have babies ever after

Brynhildr. sadly.

Your Lie in April

they have children

hah what a trainwreck

everything written by Okamoto is. the ideas are good though. Kazumi was a nympho, very rarely you see those.

I don't remember this ever happening. Was this manga only? I dropped the manga a while back and jumped on Brotherhood.

It happens at the end of Brotherhood, too

E

Yes it happened, during the credits of the last episode.

K

youtube.com/watch?v=pWCso20W2Ck

They did know each other as kids though, there was a flashback about them playing together in the neighbourhood as little kids.

Yes.

Cross Game

Megumi should have won desu

Your Lie in April by being the last girl standing

>tfw s2 never
best male idolshit

Zegapain, most notably.

S

Nisekoi

Even in reverse harems.

define win.
but yeah, in Ranma 1/2 Ryoga actually outperformed Ranma in at least 2 competitions because he's more dedicated while Ranma rarely gives a shit. too bad for Ryoga it was usually travel-related prizes.

Ryoga was a massive sperg and didn't deserve Akane. He ran away from every chance to confess to her.

sadly true but at one point the giant ghost cat possessed him and literally did it for him and Akane actually heard it from him as well once the cat was out of the bag (what a pun), just not as openely.

that's where the episode ended and it never showed how Akane feels about it.

Devilman

Robotic;Notes

Kage kara Mamoru
Nanaka 6/17

Gurren Lagann

Astraea Testament

Does this count?

user...

No. Atra's childhood friend was Mika, not Kudelia.

I'm not wrong

K

But they made a baby together. That's gotta count for something.

Yeah, she won the single mother status. What a trophy.

>two girls making a baby together

She won the Mikabowl more so than anyone else did. A Pyrrhic victory is still a victory.

It's an optimistic way to look at it.

Shaolin Showdown. Fucking Krillin lost to Pedro what the fuck he deserved to be the best instead of that back stabbing latino.

K

K

I remember watching that show while I was in Mexico as a kid. Although it was in English for some reason.

O

Childhood friend and a cake.

Love Hina
DNA^2

It's fallen out of practice. It used to be an extremely common thing in anime which is why people got sick of it.

KoiChoco and Nisekoi. There's also Shomin Sample, although the anime didn't get that far.

Childhood friends are the most common winners after mysterious transfer students and tsundere girls. The real losers are class reps, especially if they have glasses.

>winning by default
The most pathetic way of winning

Rip toradora friend kun

She didn't even really get picked, she said she would stick around and that was it.

Does Love Hina count? Techniaclly Naru was his childhood friend

Yuri Kuma Arashi

F
U
C
C
B
O
Y
S