Hunter X Hunter

Why does Gon get off scot-free despite multiple arcs foreshadowing that his recklessness may result in disaster culminating in one of the best Shonen arcs, only for all consequences to be undone by a deus ex machina boygirl that was never mentioned before and simultaneously breaks the established power ceiling and removes any stakes from the ongoing story?

Alluka might not had been mentioned before, but he was hinted for people who have a bit of brain after we learned the rest of Killua's siblings name.

Losing your nen is not getting off scot-free. Alluka doesn't remove any stakes from the story and her power comes at a clear cost.

>clear cost
>Killua can lolavoid the conditions

It is considered asspull move in-universe which also the reason for the secrecy and protection

but HxH being HxH, Gon is now incapable to use nen and stated that there might be consequences if he tried to regain his nen.
Also we haven't seen the cost of that wish yet as the next wisher going to pay for it and the last time there is a grand wish cost, Nanika took live of dozen people.
But there is also the fact if the wish is about healing other the cost will be lower.

Come on, we all know Alluka is going to lose her powers or be crippled in some way

because of the Togashi can do no wrong mentality his entire hivemind fanbase tends to have.

I thought the stakes were lost when they made tiny, cheap, and easily made atomic bombs powerful enough to kill Meruem?

>but HxH being HxH, Gon is now incapable to use nen and stated that there might be consequences if he tried to regain his nen.
Did that actually happen? I thought he was healed completely and can use Nen.
>Also we haven't seen the cost of that wish yet as the next wisher going to pay for it and the last time there is a grand wish cost, Nanika took live of dozen people.
Killua stated that Dracula will never make "evil" demands (like killing people) after healing someone
>But there is also the fact if the wish is about healing other the cost will be lower.
it's not that the cost is lowered, she just won't demand anything cruel or hurtful like to rip your finger nails off.
but she might ask you to go to a theme park with her for an entire day, and let her ride on your shoulders :-)

Because togashit is a hack

>Did that actually happen? I thought he was healed completely and can use Nen.

Well, you thought wrong so all this rant is about nothing.

gon as a character serves the singular purpose of introducing alluka who foreshadows the destruction of human society by the calamaties

>Tfw came expecting text spoilers.
>Tfw just remembered

Err what

Nanika is from the dark continent Yes or no?

Yeah.

Yes.

see

From Vol 33.

How so

When the fuck is togashi going bi-weekly and proper continue this arc and reintroduce killua and gon

where the fuck is leorio and all the zodiacs during the succession war

Nanika probably has something to do when zygg went to the dark continent

That shit was ages ago and Alluka is the youngest family member.

This succession arc isn't gonna involve zodiacs. They are meant for beyond. Are you forgetting that beyond has a team of nen users? They will be the opposition to the zodiacs. And no I'm not saying they will fight but they will certainly be opposing each other in some way

WOOP WOOP!!!!!

wait what

>losing your nen
He only lost motivation and went full emo, YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT SPEEDREADER GO KILLYOURFUCKINGSELF.

You are the speed reader retard

He doesn't have nen

Tonpa is granted conversation with the four MC's (even though Killua wasn't with them he even got his own scene with Tonpa), and Tonpa is developed enough by Togashi that the audience gets to see how Tonpa feels about this year's batch of recruits from a first-person Tonpa perspective.

Tonpa also directly challenges all of the superficial parts of each of the characters, allowing us to grasp their depth early on -- although three of the four manage to avoid directly fighting Tonpa. For Killua and Gon, it shows us that Killua is not only not naive, but has some insane training to be able to be poison resistant. Gon is shown to be naive, but is saved by his intuition and superhuman sensitivity. Kurapika is wary of Tonpa, and is shown to really never give any credence to what Tonpa has to say, their interaction shows Kurapika to be distant and focused. Leorio's worst quality is pride at the beginning of the series (see Leorio-San, the way he describes what being a hunter is about, and how unjust he feels majority rule is [believing that he always is the most correct]). By being a direct challenge to Leorio, Tonpa actually softens his edges, and teaches him to better appreciate his teammates (Killua's destruction of Jonas, Gon's discovery of a way to tunnel through the the short-path, and Kurapika's combat and tactical ability), which he at first casts as being less than his own abilities. Due to Tonpa's constant challenges, Leorio emerges from the Hunter Exam a much better person (in a social sense; he was already a good person as shown with the hut/saving the boatswain).

This isn't funny loser. Virgin.

>i'm a retard, fuck me in the ass please
He still have nen, he only lost the motivation to keep fighting and Ging told him to just settle down and explore his body, now kill yourself and make this a better world.

wrong

Why Killua don't just ask Nanika to teleport everyone to the dark continent? Teleport doesn't come with repercussions and Nanika doesn't need to touch anyone for it.

>haha i'm gay
Well, ok.

>All it takes to get Togashi to work on his shit is noodles.

Why didn't anyone think of that 6 years ago?

>Did that actually happen? I thought he was healed completely and can use Nen.
He is healed but unable the feel, control, or see nen. Gin stated his aura was fine but he is back into "normal" person as the wish is to return gon into "normal" person.

>Dracula will never make "evil" demands (like killing people) after healing someone
while it might be the case, but considering the scale of the job on healing "spend my entire life condition" gon, i would be wary if the grand heal might trigger different form of pestering.

Coming from the guy that wants to fuck Gon in the ass so badly he denies they lost nen?

Alluka/Nanika being able to heal Gon without a huuuge sacrifice is the only real asspull in HxH and I dislike her quite a lot, but I think that Togashi simply wanted to hurry up the story so the anime could have a sorta satisfying conclusion.

Didn't you learn anything from Raizen? Zygg got some DC magic in him and it skipped a few generations until Alluka was born with it.

>unable to feel, control, or see nen
He just got a "rebirth", a couple of chapters about Gon training and he will be back with full power, so basically "Gon" can come back at any time Togashi wants to.

All the names of the Zoldyck siblings go on a sequence. "KilluAlluka" and so on. Naturally, brainlets and speedreaders couldn't pick up on this and then cry saying Togashi hadn't hinted at another sibling.

There is no issue with Killua having another sibling.

The issue is that the sibling turns out to be Killua's closest family member and he can conveniently solve all of Killua's current problems WITHOUT any significant drawback and there is no reason to believe he won't be able to solve Killua's future problems.

yeah, but gon and killiua's story is basically over so they probably won't be a major part of the story.

Why Killua doesn't just wish to be the strongest of all and a bigger penis? As already showed, there's no repercussions for this kind of wishes. Not that he needs to, Killua could just wish for any Meruem-tier enemy to appear on the sun without repercussions as already showed.

Yeah that was an asspull, I was responding to the guy who didn't know another sibling was foreshadowed.

>so basically "Gon" can come back at any time Togashi wants to.

But considering everything happen, it might be another 5 year before gon re-appear.

There is still, Kurapikar arc, Leorio+Zodiac vs Netero son, Hisoka vs Genei ryodan, Gin and pariston power play, and the entire dark continent.
Not counting the 10 chapter per year pace.

So Gon still has his nen and he just have to train again to control it back.

O

MY

>hey Nanika, give gon his nen back

lol

RUBBER

NEN

In that case why didn't he just kill him off? It would have been so much more impactful. Imagine Killua meeting Ging in Gon's stead and apologizing. Shit would be heart wrenching. HxH was so close to being an actual 10/10, and not just for shonen.

Why didn't Killua say "hey nanika kill the chimera king" or "hey nanika kill the bomber" or "hey nanika kill razor" or "hey nanika I want a hunter license"

price

I thought he didn't have to pay and got free wishes?

Killua dare to use Nanika on Gon because its a heal request where the price is low.
If killua use Nanika against Chimera king the price would be really high.
Million Money rain request kills the next wisher that fail the near-impossible pestering along with people s/he love and dozens of her/his acquaintances. In grand total of 67 dead.
One might wonder on the price on killing uber being like Meruem.

>"Hey Nanika, teleport Meruem to the sun plox"
Done, teleporting doesn't have a price and doesn't need to touch the target like when it needs to heal, Hunter x Hunter is si dumb.

Alluka is shit. It's another O MY RUBBER NEN at the time he was shown.

aww, you still think HXH is more than your average shonen? All the dialogue just hides your clichee regular battle manga

O

MY

RUBBER

NECK

>Hey Nanika steal a couple rosé bombs
>Set rosé bombs around palace
>Get away

I imagine Nanika has some way of detecting malicious intent with wishes so you couldn't just play down the price of murder

>The issue is that the sibling turns out to be Killua's closest family member and he can conveniently solve all of Killua's current problems WITHOUT any significant drawback and there is no reason to believe he won't be able to solve Killua's future problems.
Isn't the very reason Killua has this option is beccause he would never abuse it? All the other members of his family would, but he wouldn't. So he gets the get out of jail free card.
The second he starts abusing it will probably mean it stops being a freebie too.

Why didn't they just get an Angel's Breath card from Greed Island to heal Gon?

Kalluto is the youngest.

would you?

By exploring his body Ging just wanted him to stay in his bed and fap all day dreaming about Kirua.

Spoilers when?

>another topic where HxH stans cant handle critique
why bother

December

This

Gon needs a redemption arc though. He was a little angry emo bitch during the Meruem arc and was even willing to kill that little girl just to get back at the cat girl. He needs to show he's a good person before he can die

We already know he's ordinarily a good person, so no.

Hiatus is daijoubu.

I started reading this, loved the first arc (Hunter Test), wasn't expecting mindgames: the shounen.

But after that, quality drops off the face of a cliff. Currently I'm at the auction arc and I'm very close to dropping it. Does it get any better?

No.

No, drop it.

I'm firmly on the idea that the less people on this series, the better given the sorry state the fanbase is in now

Togashi will keep Hisoka and Kite alive through ridiculous asspulls but he has no problem killing off little girls

>author will kill off irrelevant characters permanently but not crucial ones
This is not uncommon

Yeah, that's the whole point. Killua can do this because he doesn't treat Alluka/Nanika like an object. And further elaboration on Nanika's powers are going explored in the incoming arc. But people don't care about that, just cry asspull and it's a done deal.

People need to stop with this hard-on for authors killing off certain characters for no other reason than to show how gutsy they are. It's more satisfying and makes a lot more sense to kill off a character when their arc is done or they reach as far as they can go then to axe them off when they are barely developed. I dunno about Kite, but there's a big change in store for Hisoka having been dealt his first major loss(and death), and I want to see where it takes him. Maybe he'll finally graduate from memeclown with a battle boner

Aren't they taking a different route? Even if they manage to explore a huge area, I'm not sure if they'll encounter AIs and research on them.

Guys just the screenshot of either one of your claims and solve the problem.

I thought it would be perfect for Hisoka to die to Chrollo's elaborate strategy, but this might be fine too unless he's stuck in psychotic clown mode forever.

Gon isn't coming back. His story is over. He even stated he's done with Ging now, he just wanted to find him. He has no motivation to get involved with nen again.

Because Nanika is a spirit from the dark continent that likes Killua because it knows he *won't* do shit like that. It lets him off with the consequences because it know Killua won't abuse it.

>mfw gon and killua are gone from the story forever and their friendship is over as well

and people say no consequences

Isn't the game only clearable once?

It was stated that there would be no cost/ evil demands since the wish was "pure".

It´s still bollocks though. Gon should have died without ever meeting Ging. It would have been one of the most tragic moments on manga AND it would have rightfully justified his and Killua´s absense from the current arc.

Just think about Killua, Leorio and Hisoka going on a journey to the dark continent to look for a way to revive Gon... hopping a way exist on that other world.

Sure, fanfiction level idea... but still better than kurapica and the princess arc.

>hxh
>proper schedule
I giggled

She might drop you right into a shit part.

Is landing at DC in 2020 a realistic outlook?

That's boring, predictable, cliche and dumb.

I would say 2022 at the earliest.

it's to congratulate him on going to the damn restaurant. he wants to go to the restaurant.

because O

2018: Kurapika trains the bodyguards. Murder mystery is solved. Maybe one or two more princes die.
2019: We get to the banquet. Spiders heist to steal the Kakin Succession Urn. Tse probably kills Benjamin.
2020: Spiders fight Hisoka, the Hunters, the Zodiacs, Bodyguards and Tse.
2021: Spiders and Princes get massacred.
2022: Resolution to the arc and arriving to the fake DC.
2023: Either timeskip and DC or we go back to see what Gon is up to.