There isn't a good western anime adapt-

There isn't a good western anime adapt-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lhbOZkQLQ20
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Initial D was decent too desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=lhbOZkQLQ20

Is this a ironic meme like Cory in the House or something? Why is everyone suddenly saying this is good?

that's not western though

No, it's just no one saw it when it came out and it faded away.

I know, but it's one of the fewest Live-Action adaptations that actually come out good.

people finaly gave it a chance

gotta love how well it captured the cheesiness

Its fucking sad that Hollywood could had tried a little harder to see why the Speed Racer was so loved, and well receive by the audience that it appealed to. I was so fucking happy walking out of that theater when it ended. They did not fuck it up. It was great.

That was good? Serious question. I thought it was so-so back when I watched it. What makes it a good adaptation?

The climax of the final race had 12 year old me wetting my fucking pants.

Go turn on memento, madoka magica, or donny darko and leave this thread alone.

not a meme at all.
They did respect the story and characters, and added their own elements without destroying the essence of the source material.
But to be fair, adapting Speed Racer in present day would be not that hard.

>check rotten tomatoes
>40% approval
>5.1/10
looks like it sucked

>added their own elements without destroying the essence of the source material
yeah, they put all racers inside fucking willy wonka factory and burned our eyes with too many shitty visual effects

cape shit and star wars also get 98% approval, who cares.

Rotten tomatoes also gave hitmans bodyguard a 40% and it's one of the most fun movies this year.

The Wachowski's are probably the only people in Hollywood that actually get anime. You could tell they legitimately loved the original while still being able to playfully mock the property without completely shitting all over it.

speed racer and pic related are probably the most decent adaptations so far.

is it true burgerland will adapt cowboy bebop and attack on titan next?

Rotten tomatoes gives any movie made by blacks 100%.
Safe to say it invalidates itself.

Cowboy Bebop has been in dev hell for almost a decade at this point. I haven't heard shit about Titan. They've been yo-yoing Akira though. Every time I think it's dead they release some new development. Someone in Hollywood really wants that movie to get made. Which is a damn shame because every single detail they've released makes it sound just god awful.

It was actually good. It might help if you're someone who watched Speed Racer as a kid, but coming out of the movie, I didn't feel as if they had done it a disservice. It was rather faithful and the scene transitions were fucking amazing.

>heard this was good a day or two ago
>thought about watching it
>see this thread

What's the best torrent? I'm a qualitywhore

That's a load of bullshit but don't let that stop you from sperging out all over your keyboard. Black people always on your mind maybe pull that BBC out of your mouth, fag.

-ation.

Look at Ghostbusters 2016 Fresh score nigger, and come back. Rotten Tomatos is a meme site.

>anime set in the 50s whike movie set in a futuristic neon Hotwheels setting
>white actors instead of asians
>faithful

>anime characters not virtually all white looking
Going by the trailer they made one of the key characters an asian man with anime hair so your post is false.

I bet you use mal's ratings to justify your "objective" tastes too

Speed Racer is the best. It has action, romance, gay romance, mystery, sci-fi, and death. A lot of DEATH. Better than any other anime. Hands down.

It was a joke

To be fair SpeedRacer was already localized quite early on.
It's pretty much the early 90s racing equivalent of Robotech(Macross).

Do those sell? Why do they keep trying to do that?
Edge of Tomorrow was pretty good too.

It wasn't a joke, my post was serious. How can anyone take a site seriously that gives biased positive reviews because of race.

well people don't want to hear about that because of Sup Forums or something
Yeah and they also gave boondocks saints a shit score as well.