Is this the biggest asspull in history?

Is this the biggest asspull in history?

O

not even the biggest asspull in bleach

Hunter x Hunter is a deconstruction of logical power-ups.

MY

im pretty even that could be explained away. albeit shittily.

there is almost none for final getsuga tensho. Just a long series of asspulls.

yeah Ichigo one-shotting Kenny was much worse

MY

I fucking knew it, I fucking knew it. I knew this would be the first goddamn response. Why cant you fucking memers fuck off and leave HxH alone?

No, literally everything about JoJo part 2 is the definition of asspull

this, and thats probably still not the worst

EVERY TIME

MAZOKU

GOD

kenny?

>Asspull thread
>Actually a stealth thread about O MAI RABBI NUN
Every.Single.Time. Had a good chuckle everytime though

Not even the biggest asspull in Blech.

SANNAVA BEETCH

GOODNESS!

it's mainly the series of asspulls to get to that point that make me feel it was the biggest

I didn't pay attention to the story, therefore asspull.

FGT literally comes out of nowhere, though.

Kenpachi

How did the quality of Sup Forums drop after summer ended?

No that was his fight with Byakuya where he is revealed to have some bullshit "hidden power" that hadn't been at all foreshadowed.

Never understood what people saw in that fight when it was just as bad as the rest.

it was explainable from future asspulls

It was satisfying. Byakuya had been an asshole for an entire arc. You wanted Ichigo to push his shit in, and he did.

im not justifying or defending it as logical, but that too was explained by future asspulls

Right series, wrong asspull

It's a toss up on which asspull in bleach was the worst.
Either OP, hollow ichigo, or the entire sequence of asspulls that it took to defeat Ywhach.
If we're asking which asspull pissed me off the most, it would be hollow ichigo.

Yhwach was defeated mostly thanks to PIS, not asspulls.

BANKAI
MELTS
PETALS
ENDS

It wasn't satisfying.
What would've been satisfying is watching Ichigo get his shit pushed in and surrender.
It shows that he isn't a complete gary stu who "wins" just because some dumb bitch needs him to.

Why the fuck does pic related never get posted in these threads?

Thats a lie, I'll prove it with first five example in this thread (barring the ones I didn't watch)

Nen's ability to resurrect people were already shown and their ability to operate independent of the life is shown long ago in the Chimera act. Clown's knowledge/mastery of human anatomy and Nen mastery was long shown. His insanity was long shown. Combined (plus more I havent even mentioned) you get a mad clown with mastery over his body and the power over supernatural experiments with his body. TADA OH MY BUNGIE!! LMAO XDDD ASS PULL XDD

Shitter who either forgot all the build ups or didn't read/watch the manga/anime.

Part 1 introduces the audience to the mysterious power of Hamon. Part 2 introduces the malleability/mastery of Hamon. WOAH!!!! ASS PULL.

>build up of Gon's enigmatic characters for years
>Nen's ability explained for years
>Body modification through Nen usage shown for years
OH MY GOD!!!! ASS PULL!!!!
tl;dr Fucking retarded people who either have short attention span or didn't read the material or didn't watch the show or forgot about the series due to its lengthiness and blame their own incompetence on others

Because it had been mentioned several times before Goku achieved it. It wasn't an asspull at all. It was a twist sure but not a total bullshit one.

>it's satisfying to watch the hero get his shit pushed in and surrender
This isn't GoT, you retard.

>forgetting how Joseph outright admits Kars lost to chance

The plot arrow suddenly gifted near the very end was an asspull of significant magnitude

I never said it was you nignog.
All I said was that it would be satisfying to see an egotistical asshole pay for his overconfidence.
Perhaps after losing to Byakuya he could be humbled by training under him and maybe they could've eventually have learned to be buddies.

Not really. It had foreshadowing - poor, but there. What's stupid is that Yhwach gets tons of opportunities to kill Ichigo and never does.

Byakuya wanted to kill him, you fucking moron. Had Ichigo lost, he would've died, not become his apprentice or a friend.

He couldn't even bring himself to kill two traitors.
You think he could kill the kid he considers to be his son?

Byakuya wouldn't be stupid enough to kill an asset like Ichigo(or would he...)
Either way the gotei would probably stop Byakuya from doing it because they'd need Ichigo for research and another captain class fighter is always handy.

So what was mugetsu? Ichigo channelling his inner yhwach?

What foreshadowing?

O

OH MY BANKAI

btw. Really shitty of them not to finish the anime.

>A villain lost to someone, a notorious trickster with the power of mystical energy, who uses tricks with the power of mystical energy.

WOAH

Maybe even the filler loving Pierrot were intimidated of the now notorious final arc

Ryuken digging inside his wife's corpse.

It was the Quincy power sacrifice thing

It's been frequently foreshadowed ever since the very first fight against Renji though.

and that makes the father appearing out of nowhere near the very end after a significant amount of chapters to say "hey son, here's an arrow that can make the unstoppable god completely and utterly vulnerable" less of an asspull?

basically.
it's his equivalent of volstandig.

Yes. It was basically hitting Yhwach with his own Auswahlen.

All bleach ichigo had conflict Hollow and Shinigami power, hollow take over ichigo, ichigo use zangetzu, simple theorization comes full power ichigo.

Except Uryu could still see spirits and Ichigo couldn't.

It was Kubo channeling the inner shit that was in his ass.

You literally can't defend this.

O MY OSEAN DREAM

Power of friendship, bitch

Shatter, Kyoka Suigetsu

If magic exists basically anything else can exist as well.

-RA!

Sausgay surviving his fight with Deidara.

but that's not Guilty Crown, user.

Literally using magic to cheat.

> mfw in part 6 diver downs ability to go into people was considered it's own special ability

I mean, it was a cool stand, I just don't get the apparent rule change.

Technically it's sort of being foreshadowed for a while before. It was said during the SS arc that Ichigo's Zanpakuto was unique and does shit no other Zanpakuto has been shown to do. Then there's the full Hollow form he used so we know he can pull off shit like that. The FGT is just taking that to its logical extreme with the caveat of losing his powers after that.

It also deconstructs the wishgranter with a negative effect plot device by giving Killua free wishes. Togashi is a genius!

It would have been fine if he never regained his powers and manga ended after Aizen was defeated.

>that art

And then Tea cucks Yugi in New York City. I guess it all worked out then.

Juha Bach didn't want to kill Ichigo because his fate would've been being cut into pieces and used as the new Soul King.

He was just showing mercy since he went through this already.

It wasn't an asspull since he is a still a quincy and this form is just another version of Volstandig.

Getsuga Tenshou is also an attack that was passed down from his father.

I love HxH. I don't join in the meme, but it makes me smile every time.

Gon was able to defeat cat-girl because basically, he placed a condition with his life as wager, right? Like Kurapika did with the spiders.
Except that doesn't really make sense, because Gon would have died if it wasn't for that power-up. You can't just say "oh shit i'm gonna die, better wager my life to get a huge asspull power-up".

Yhwach kept saying again and again how he would kill Ichigo, and he could easily kill him without leaving behind a body.

>Except that doesn't really make sense, because Gon would have died if it wasn't for that power-up.
We don't really know that, while it's pretty obvious Pitou would've killed Gon, Gon decided to give up his life before starting the fight.
>You can't just say "oh shit i'm gonna die, better wager my life to get a huge asspull power-up"
Well you can if you have Gon's level willpower, but you'll probably die afterwards. Pitou had a very spiteful after-death Nen enhancing for example.

He loved to hear his voice talking. Paid for it.

Actually he did not. He said that he will destroy Soul Society if Ichigo doesn't win.

>main reason Frieza genocides Saiyans is because of fear of Legendary Super Saiyan

No, you're just an idiot for not realizing how obvious something like this would happen

Letzt Stil

I feel Ywhach defeat doesn't really count since it was rushed and there was no way it wasn't going to be silly.

>confusing ass pull with lame

listen Kubo, there are a number of problems with the end of the Aizen arc. First of which being when Aizen became a butterfly he suddenly became retarded. The whole point to his character was that he was clever and crafty, which merged well with his broken ass power, and insane levels of skill. But once he became a butterfly he became a typical overpowered muscle head with zero craftyness, just insane levels of power.

The next problem Kubo is you don't make a "superpower" for the hero which destroys the hero at the same time if you don't plan to either
a) end the story there
b) cripple the hero and move on with another hero
By allowing the hero to power up to goku levels without any real consequence you destroyed all narrative stakes forever as we now know for certain no one will ever die, get crippled or leave your stupid story.

Finally Kubo, you fucking hack, not killing anyone who was remotely popular, even the people who clearly were shown dead on screen is hack writing at it's finest. No narrative stakes == no tension == no interest with your readership. Bringing back Dead Arrancars, failing to kill any shikigami the fans of the series liked, giving stupid levels of plot armor to the mc by removing all possible narrative stakes from using his superpowers.

It all just adds up to Kubo sucking at storytelling.

No, you have been laughing at other shounen all your life for using asspulls, now you have to endure it

It's not even the biggest asspull in it's own series

He didn't because he said he was going to come back when their lives were the happiest to kill them at that moment. Why kill him there if he had something better in mind?

Legacy or nostalgia I guess. Some people tries to bullshit their way into justifying it with "b-but muh vegeta wanting to become a super saiyan", but they kind of forget that the idea of super saiyan was oh how convenient, introduced in the very story arc where it was featured (vegeta never said anything about super saiyans before the freezer story arc kicked in), and it wasn't even foreshadowed in a meaningful way, it was just the manlet saying he was going to be the saiyan to end all saiyans, nothing he said even implied that he knew what the fuck he was talking about.

Aizen simply felt he could crush Ichigo when he turned into a beautiful butterfly

You completely missed the point of Aizen's character if you thought he was only supposed to be 'clever'- he's a genuine Ubermench who helped create an even stronger Ubermench who in turn became his only rival. The Deicide fight wasn't just a powerlevel fuckfest, it was a battle of karma where each payed the full price of their desire to achieve a desired result. Having Ichigo lose his powers was the price he paid to save Karakura, but what he gained (the trust of the Shinigami) is how he earned his powers back-it wasn't handed out to him like it would in any other Shounen manga.

Every single bankai reveal is an asspull.
Every single time a character has a stronger form you gotta ask "well why did you waste time by not fighting in your strongest form from the start?"

Because Nappa mentions it 90 episodes before, and the legend of the super saiyan is mentioned by both Vegeta and Frieza all the time through the arc.

Also, Frieza destroyed the saiyan race out of fear of the legend

>unironically defending kubo's shit writing

are you for real?

O

MY

>unironically defending 's shit writing

Are you for real?