The Promised Neverland ch. 054 Spoilers

Summary in next post

Credit Erinyes (MH)

- Guy tell them to go out but Ray is thinking about the danger they ll face, their pursuers and so, and thought that if they submit now to his will, they'll lose everything which is linked to Minerva, basically their only hope to get out of this world.
- But he's worried for Emma, but Emma hits the guy in his crotch and he eventually released her. She's been scolded by gilda & ray.
- they tried to escape the man shot and a bullet that grazed emma's hair.
- not sure about this part but seems emma figured out he doesn't really want to kill them .
- Man threatens them and said next shot don't gonna miss.
- they still refuse to give him the pen and to to go out. and emma told him the exact opposite of what he did previously, " friends , hope and feeling are not unecessary things to get rid of"
- then the guy started to act strangely.
- he muttered some stuff and some names popped out, lucas, john, mazui... then he passed out
- emma and ray strated to explore the shelter to look for medical supply while don and nat are staying besides the guy. The other childrend are looking for a place to sleep.
- anna and Ivet ended up find a strange place. the name of people who seemingly escaped is engraved in the wall of the room, with the word "HELP" and "poacher" written countless times.

Reminder that ray x Emma is endgame with Norman becoming the antagonist

Remember when this manga was good?

Information from the volume 5 extras
>Ray's birthday 15th of January
>Norman's birthday 21st of March
>Emma's birthday 22nd of august
>Apparently Ray's birthday isn't his real one, possibly changed by the HQ so Izabella wouldn't figure out he's her child

>"HELP" and "poacher" written countless times
We the walking dead now. Strange, I was expecting Dr.Stone to take on the survival-mystery-adventure theme

Is poacher just another translation of pursuer? It'd be kinda cooler if the demon or even creepier a human worker was hunting them down with a rifle like a poacher in a safari

You know what I thought? The women are in the plantations working as the mamas and the men are working as bait/lures or to kill kids who stray outside.

Doubtful unless they've been completely mind wiped/brainwashed, otherwise they can't really use the same method as they do with the Mama's in their confined spaces. There's just no way they'd be able to have any real oversight on the men and make sure they aren't, even just sometimes, helping escapees, hell, even within the Mama's system it isn't perfect, since the black lady was able to give the pen to the children and tell them about some super important shit regarding escaping.

I don't see why they just don't raise mamas and helpers from birth and guarantee they won't get eaten, it would provide way more loyalty and prevent them from giving the one last fuck you like Krone did because she just wanted to live rather than actually serve them loyally

> She just wanted to live rather than actually serve them loyally

I figured that really didn't matter in normal circumstances, rather, that's how it probably is with all Mama's they're the smartest girls, and whether they attempted to escape or not, they've probably seen things by now that have made them completely hopeless in terms of being free, so the most basic thing they can do is either give up and die or strive to keep living for one more day.

> I don't see why they just don't raise mama's and helpers from birth

Maybe demons don't have a way of finding out the intelligence and demeanour of a person before they've grown up a bit, and by that point it'd just be a lot of wasted time if they turned out to be idiots.

As it is, I think the demons have accepted that they probably won't get any real loyalty from humans, especially considering that, no matter what, the Mama's will know that they're being forced ((they have some kind of bomb thing in them, right? So they can't leave the farm?)) into murdering their own kind for these extremely different looking beings, anyone who is as smart as a Mama needs to be would likely figure out they're being used and that demons are malevolent.

Only way to make them behave as well as you can possibly make them is to scare them into submission/deprive them of all hope of rebellion.

>- they still refuse to give him the pen and to to go out. and emma told him the exact opposite of what he did previously, " friends , hope and feeling are not unecessary things to get rid of"
>- then the guy started to act strangely.
>- he muttered some stuff and some names popped out, lucas, john, mazui... then he passed out
Why is this manga so shit now

>onepiece-naruto admin got arrested

that's what you get for writing shitty fan fiction lmoa

Wrong thread but still funny

>they still refuse to give him the pen and to to go out. and emma told him the exact opposite of what he did previously, " friends , hope and feeling are not unecessary things to get rid of"
>- then the guy started to act strangely.
>- he muttered some stuff and some names popped out, lucas, john, mazui... then he passed out
Fuck this shit.
>It wasn't super Minerva test and this guy really wanted kids to leave
>But thanks to muh friendship he literally passes out
Shit.

I think it's more ptsd than actual shonen friendship power that made him faint

>Emma hits him in the crotch
Best girl.

>>But thanks to muh friendship he literally passes out
You mean thanks to the power of being hit in the crotch?

Threadly reminder that Mama literally did absolutely nothing wrong ever.

Reminder that Mama broke Emma's leg and therefore needs to be put down.

Not really.

Reminder that the system broke Mama and therefore needs to be overthrown.

Reminder that her husbando is dead and she decided to be a giant cockblock because of it. Mama a shit.

t. Norman

>the word "HELP" and "poacher" written countless times
Poached eggs are not that hard to make, why would you need help?

Kids better start teach him cooking.

Ray, Beardo, and Sung-Joo cooking spin-off when?

>Emma will never hit you in the crotch
Why live?

So, what are the good points and the bad points of TPN?

Post yfw you realised Emma has touched a man's genitals for the first time.

I could talk endless praise about it really so i'll just go over the negatives since there are only a few but they're really dangerously holding the story and series back
>weak characterization of minor characters
>character development is only available to Emma and Ray, no other kids allowed
>so much innermonolouge
>pacing recently, the enitrety ot last chapter took place over the course of like 2 minutes but took up 21 pages due to most of the panels being inner-monolouge

In my opinion

>good points
Keikakus
Decent worldbuilding
General story

>bad points
Relies too much on cliffhangers
Not enough breathing room for the characters to interact
In turn, most of the cast feels underdeveloped.

But how does Emma know hitting him in the crotch will hurt? Surely Mama didn't teach them about sex or genitals when they're meant to just be food. So how does she know what testicles are? D-did she experiment back at the orphanage?
This is important.

Not soon enough.

Normanfags BTFO!

They should've already crossed him out in the last volume, that shit was retarded.

He was still being marinated back then.

I'm pretty sure that's only because he was alive in volume 4 while Krone was already dead by volume 4, hence why she was crossed out but Nirman wasn't, and now as of volume 5 he's "dead" so it's appropriate to cross him out

Oh, they fixed it, nice.

Maybe she was trying to aim at his stomach, but failed.

Holy shit Shirai stop it! He's already being turned into a MtF why go down the path of NTR?

>Relies too much on cliffhangers
why is this a bad thing?

Right, but his "death scene" was still in volume 4. And they also included that dumb Mama extra that was implying she didn't send him off to die. It felt like a giant spoiler.

+Good point: art

+Badpoint: plot conveniences

It's been foreshadowed, user.

>Alternate cover of volume 5 fraturing Norman
Notice the sheet of paper at the right hand bottom? There's a symbol on it that I predict is the sygil of a plantation and that letter is an order to purchase Norman alive as a stud/scientist/papa/MtF/soldier

>Stay safe
>Stay safe, Norman
(Something along the lines of 'take care')

>Norman...
>Phil
>Help Emma out for me.
>I'll do my best, Norman
>It'll be okay, Emma
>Ray
>Don
>Gilda
>Everyone
>Mama

NTR jokes aside, Norman quite literally asked for Phil to aid Emma.

Because every cliffhanger gets resolved immediately with no time left for the situation to sink in and let the kids have character moments.

But no, every cliffhanger gets resolved right away, only to leave room for the next cliffhanger, and so on.

Guess we gotta wait for the scans. If she willingly hit him there it's a bit puzzling.

More like Norman confirmed for cuckoldry and bull fetish

>ruining a sweet moment with your fetishes
Delete yourself, user.

Looks like a person.
But yeah, my money is on "scientist".

I can't look on the scans right now, but maybe that chart with Norman still alive was inbetween the chapter where Krone was killed and Norman was harvested? You know, these extras are placed between chapters. Could someone check?

>h-help muh waifu
really nigga, that's your would-be last request?

I honestly doubt it was, I saw some confused nips on twitter too.
But on the chance it is, was the Mama extra really necessary?

Jesus asked for someone to look after his mom as he was dying, I don't see why Norman wouldn't want to make sure someone would take care of Emma if he thought he was a goner.

I mean, he could've asked Ray or Don or someone else who doesn't wanna cuck him.

Predictable but expected and acceptable.

He was convinced Ray was going to go full buddhist protestant. He was in no position of taking care of himself.

And c'mon, user. You know Don is useless.

I wanted to defend him but I got nothing.

This is how it should've happened. ;_;

>mfw I've spent the last week on a jigsaw puzzle myself

Wait till we learn that the Glory Bell plantation is the top leading breeding farm that all farms even Gracefield get sperm from and myster man is actually Ray's father btfo'ing both Izabella and also Leslie from the grave

>everyone left while he's trapped in that shithole
Poetic.

Fucking delete this, let Mama have some happiness.

No NTR allowed.

Posuka is my waifu.

>poacher

Human's who turn in the kids because they weren't raised on the farms

Hush it, Shirai.

Brim her here.

You'd think she'd be an Emmafag?
Do you think she'd bully Normanon?

I want Posuka to draw Normanon quotes.

How the fuck did you understand me with that typo?

Posuka is a milkingtimefag

She never replied to that, did she?

>implying
That proves nothing, Sabo was dead in the One Piece databook too.

No, but she probably saw it, she checks her notifications. What could she even say?
>thanks user, I showed it to Shirai and we had a good time

It's a joke, user.

Ok thanks, now I feel dumb.

It's ok. You're in good company.

>we had a good time
I'm sure they did.

I was right after all, I checked all the extras and the "Norman is still alive but Krone isn't " is at the start of Volume 4, when Krone died in the penultimate chapter of volume 3 and ends with Isabella telling Norman that he will be the next one to be shipped. So it's perfectly rational. Now I'll search the extra with Isabella looking into Norman's case

Does it matter where that extra page with Mama is placed? It's still after she sent him off because she has his suitcase and phone. It shouldn't have been included at all in my opinion.

>emma has touched an adult male's crotch that's not Norman's

NTR in my Weekly Shonen Jump? It's morely like than you think.

It's after the chapter where Nornan is harvested with the "Eh?" scene.
I don't remember the exact translation, maybe it can be interpreted as "farewell"? Posting the raw for reference

Is it NTR when she's the one who initiated contact?

I see a "Sayounara [Kanji]se ni Norman"

so "Goodbye [something] Norman"

>さようなら
>幸せに
>ノーマン
>Goodbye
>Be happy
>Norman
There is an implication here.

Maybe she knows about the milking machine.

I don't think Norman would want her to strike him in the crotch though.

I'unno, man.
He must hide something freaky underneath his good boy facade. Who knows what he'd be into had he lived long enough to ask Emma out.

Are you implying Norman would ask her to try BDSM?

Given enough time, probably.

>comes back as scientist
>Emma, I want to experiment on you

I didn't remember the "be happy" part.
Welp, that's a bit stupid. Unless she's indirectly thinking to the Demon God to be happy and enjoy his wonderful meal kek

I bet Mama wrote a recommendation letter like she wanted to to for Emma or something like that. Probably not completely out of concern for him though, more likely to try and bring Emma down.

to do*

He'd probably just ask to hold hands and celebrate as if he went to 3rd base

He's held her hand with no permission before. He's a fucking degenerate.