Invent perpetual energy

>invent perpetual energy
>instead of bringing about world peace and ending world hunger, builds some cyborgs to get revenge on some kid who was only doing the right thing
What the fuck was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/freeza/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Losing.

>Red Ribbon Army
>giving the faintest of fucks about world peace

nigga was petty and lusted for world conquest

Old age.

The easy part was getting the brain out...the HARD PART WAS -

The Android saga should've took place before the Freeza saga.
I just can't buy that an earthling scientist managed to build androids that strong, when his last greatest creation was pic related.

>invent perpetual energy
>doesn't use it on himself
>use it on highly rebellious teenagers
He was retarded

>bringing about world peace and ending world hunger
Aren't those already given in the Dragon Ball world?

To be fair no one ever fought 8 and he tanked a gun shot that knocked out Goku

I chock the androids being do powerful up to the data Gero recorded from all the fights the Z fighters had, not because they were actually physically stronger.

cousin there was a girl who could blow up the earth on db

She's a joke character.

Arale isn't a girl, it is a robot and wasn't made by Gero.

Not the world hunger part.

Please. With all the tech and his skills he could've made a company that would be equal rivals to Capsule Corp. He could've bathe in money.

INSTEAD POUR ALL THE RESOURCES TO GET REVENGE ON GOKU...

if you think about it though wouldn't a calculating machine be better at fighting than humans like freiza. Really i think the issue is just how strong they made freiza but then doubled back.

The designs of the androids were great, Toriyama's editor was a pleb for not liking them.

I heard somewhere that there was some kind of backstory about his son being part of the Red Ribbon Army when Goku dismantled it. Probably me misremembering though since DBZ didn't give any indication of this.

"Dr. Gero's son was a high-ranking Red Ribbon soldier, but he died hit by an enemy bullet; Gero later modeled the powerful Android 16 after his dead son.[2] At one point, Dr. Gero brought home a doll decorating the command center of an enemy base as a trophy, which he later used as a model to design Android 19.[2]" This has nothing to do with Goku

>Implying perpetual energy could bring about some kind of utopia

if it wasn't for toriyama's editor we would've never gotten Cell

Just let the man do what he wants

Tao was the last cyborg before and he already used ki for his cannon.

That was only in Dragon Ball Z abridged. Mostly because TFS wanted Gero to actually have a good motivation.

Considering that their leader was a faggot who tried to conquer the world and get a wish with limitles potential just to be taller, being retarded enough to bear a grudge against some kid in his early 10's sounds like something Gero would do.

Having real intelligence isn't exactly the strong point of the red ribbon members.

Toriyama was out of good villain ideas. But still needed one for his Terminator inspired arc. So he quickly came up with two bland generic villains, and then spend the rest of the arc trying to fix his mistake.

Because pic related

"An unnamed soldier is the son of the Red Ribbon Army head scientist Dr. Gero. He is mentioned in an interview with the Dragon Ball manga series author, Akira Toriyama, in one of the Dragon Ball Full Color Androids Saga volumes."
Looks like you're wrong.

Oh right. He was confirmed by word of god. But unless i'm remembering things wrong, Goku wasn't the one that killed him in canon.

Yeah, it seems like he was killed before Goku's conflict with RR.

8 is based, faggot.

>Android 16 modeled after his son
Was this the reason Gero didn't want to activate him? It was even stronger than 17 and 18 to me

It's because he was unfinished.

>if you think about it though wouldn't a calculating machine be better at fighting than humans like freiza?
>Frieza
>Human
And no, why would some Earth scientist be able to build a cyborg able to shit all over the galactic emporer. Also, why would his tech be better than Frieza's own tech when HE became a cyborg? Makes no sense.

No android ever beat a saiyan that was fighting at 100%.

So what if a scientist can make a super-strong android? It's a mystical world with chi and magick and kung fu and dragons and space ships and flying cars and houses in small capsules.
Perpetual energy is like the least impressive achievement possible in such an universe.
That's really just
>laaaaaaaaaaaame
tier shit.

You're just used to aliens being always technologically superior to earthlings in fiction. Doesn't mean every writer has to follow that trope.

⬑Very much this.

It's implied that it's because of how much 16 resembles his dead son. He couldn't bring himself to potentially send him to die again.

Earth always had some extremely powerful technology in Dragon Ball. Just capsules alone would be orgasmic in today's world.

>This old faggot
>on a back water hick planet
>Somehow creates machines that make the ruler of the universe look like a little bitch
How did he do it? How the fuck did he create androids that Frieza would lose to in a fight? His last wave of machines couldnt even stand up to kid goku.

See these:

He had years of butthurt and supercomputers in a secret high tech facility. He had data on Goku and the rest. Frieda couldn't rule the universe anyway. To the Kais, Dabura, Babidi and Buu, he might as well been mayor of CWCville.

>Bad writing is ok because there are lots of powers and stuff

But earth didn't even develop spacefaring technology by themselves without reverse engineering alien tech while Freezer's organization has been invading (and most likely assimilating their technology) planets all over the galaxy for generations AND also their weapons technology like blasters were years ahead mankind's peashooters.

Cue to gero who somehow magicked weapons that SHITS on Freezer's and probably 16's hand cannons can one shoot him

The kais wouldnt have interfered. Frieza didnt go around destroying shit just for fun. Dabura was only as strong as he was because Babidi possessed him.

Post bulma boobies

>trying to make sense of dragonball

Toriyama is literally, LITERALLY, a sellout fucking hack. Everything after cell saga is poorly written garbage, trying to make sense of it is folly because it was never planned to be written well in the first place. True Dragonball ended at Freiza saga, you know it to be true (even if the Cell and Buu fights were pretty cool).

Just because earthlings are behind in some aspects, doesn't mean they have to be behing in the rest.

Would you have rather watched an arc about an old guy who becomes wealthy and powerful through the invention of perpetual energy, then uses his power to get revenge on Goku by financially ruining all of his friends and family?

>Implying it isnt everything after Frieza

If the series ended right there it would be perfect

That's a myth.
kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/freeza/

Yeah, that's why they call him Dr. Gero, not Dr. Hero.

He would have never gotten there if he stopped being angry.

Goku doesnt give a shit about such thing

It wouldn't have been because Gohan's character arc would be left unfinished and Cell wouldn't be a thing.

But they suddenly got good in shit that they weren't good with. I mean, before 16, the strongest mechanical dolls/armors they could create were 8, that terminator reference and those robot suits that pilaf and Black used, stuff that even DB Roshi could solo. And weapons wise, earthlings still used ballistic and explosive weapons no better than the ones of real world in the 80's with one or two beam weapons while Freezer's army had their raditz-tier blasters.

Therefore it doesn't make sense that there was such a colossal jump in advancement in a mere decade, where you get robots and beam weapons that could easily solo anything Freezer's organization can produce

This.
Goku and Kulilin both died with Namek. RIP brave warriors.

Now that you say that, yes. Give Bulma and Chi Chi some screen time as they battle the financial problems and Goku and Vegeta have to deal with killer robots and cyborgs coming from an unknown enemy. It couldn't possibly be Dr. Gero could it, he has done so much good?

17 and 18 are leaders of a couple of robot death squads, but since they were human they are dealing with the conflicts of morality and programming.

When Gero is found out, he unleashes his untested prototype, Cell, but it turns out to be more than he can control.

So what? If you've played civilization, you could easily invent modern missile cruisers and still be stuck with classical era swordsmen fighting against world war 1 land battleship tanks.

>not everything after King Piccolo

This may come as a surprise but real life technology is not the same as in video games.

That's the point. The Kai's don't give a fuck about Frieza beyond acknowledging his existence. Babidi also picked the best people from various planets and places. Dabura is some big name in hell.

>not everything after Oolong wishes for panties

Gero was a gifted scientist like nobody else. The guy had all the motivation to devote all his time on revenge.

Not until he noticed dinner was getting smaller. Then he'd care.

Nigga literally hunted dinosaurs for meal, he doesnt

The problem is that the Freeza saga had the biggest powercreep in almost any manga. In his base form he could destroyed an entire planet with a tiny energy ball casually emerging from his finger, while Goku and Raditz instantly died from a ki-blast by Piccolo

>>>>your mother and father meeting in the first place
>you are now partially blind and deaf

robot enhancements can do a lot, robo-frieza got a significant upgrade if I remember, he was just outclassed by Trunks anyway.
I like how in Resurrection Frieza reveals he's a lazy sack of shit that never even tried, it makes him being outclassed throughout the series a lot easier to swallow.
God monkey > Super spaceman > superest monkey > robo human > superer monkey > robo spaceman > super monkey > spaceman > monkey > human

>smart enough to create infinite energy sources
>loses to kid (secret op alien)
What do you think was his problem

But what about materials and money? With the red ribbon army destroyed, he had no more funds for his research, and even if we let him get away with somehow magicking 300 years worth of robotics progress in just 10-something years, there's the issues of finding materials that can resist planet buster-tier punches and ki blasts, and shit like that would only be found in the kai realm with that weird black cube shit that was hard to break, not in some underdeveloped planet

>shit like that would only be found in the kai realm
Nice headcanon.

>aware of Beerus
>aware he has never trained in his life
>aware he could improve exponentially given his natural gifts
>sits in a bowser chair all day and sends thousands of low power henchmen to do everything with blasters
What was he fucking expecting?

that's fine, I only care about his first form

>Why is this poorly written character made a poorly written decision in a poorly written series that was prolonged for the sake of jew gold

Why indeed i fucking wonder

I don't buy that shit about having never trained. One must train to develop fighting techniques, and considering Freezer's aptitude for combat, he must've fought quite a lot of times to be able to fight against skilled warriors that have honed their powers via years of training. I mean, it's not like he randomly tossed fists in fight and relied in sheer brute force, he actually had finess and technique.

So yeah, Toriyama was being a hack as usual when he asspulled the whole never training once to justify freezer's defeat and eventual rise to power just by training with some no name dude.

There is no such thing as world peace when there exists literally anything with more strength and authority than yourself.

I guess Beerus was tolerable enough for him to not consider training and kicking his ass.

Learning how to fight through years of beating up your enemies isn't really "training".

OP, DBZ takes place on a futuristic earth with flyng cars and furries. Pretty sure they already have permanent energy,

It has the same effects of strengthening your body and mind. It is no different to how in Super he somehow got to super blue's level just by kicking the shit out of a hopelessly out of his league tagoma constantly.

Saiyans gain power through taking damage. Fighting is the best training there is.

IIRC the term used in japan is jinzou-ningen, which translates to artificial human. They aren't necessarily robotic, they're more like humans modded to have superpowers. When it comes to that, their power comes form biological sources, like any other fighter in the series.
Also, Gero had quite some time to make them, and maybe even he had an insight on how your pic was shit and that he'd need to be loads of tiers above it.

There is no furries anymore except for the aliens, the author forgot about them

we still have shu, but i get what you mean, toriyama totally discarded years of worldbuilding for the sake of being AWSUMXD

>turns himself into an android
>keeps his body old wrinkly and weak

It took years of development to make anything. Especially Cell.

He was a dick obsessed with revenge. Even though he didn't exist.

By your logic Tony Stark's armors should all only be marginally more powerful than his last 'main' armor.
People get smarter, do more research, find more flaws and fix said flaws.

Exactly. Hell, most of his creations prior to 16 ended up scrapped.

I don't read comics, but isn't that the case? At least in the cartoons and movies, his base armor only has minor improvements through the years instead of going for example from being only good enough to kick captain america in the balls to one shot galactus.

Beerus is so powerful he could could fart and kill him if he so much as woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning. Freiza is a cowardly piece of shit and wouldnt dare attempt to cross him. Beerus was the one who gave him the go ahead to be a galactic superconquerer. So after killing off all the Saiyans Freiza had no reason to train ever.

Cell was shit. (Well maybe not him specifically, but the writing around him was the worst part of DB)

90% of his time was probably spent devising a sufficient power source.

Whats wrong with Cell?

The regen asspull

Beat me to it.

>I didn't exist, but I'm back for revenge years later. Also, I secretly created all the androids.
Toriyama at his finest.