UQ Holder

So an old hag marries a shota and an old fart marries a loli?

I can't decide what Nagi's face is supposed to convey.

>Kill me
or
>My waifu was retconned out of existence
or
>Guess I'll settle for her. I'm not getting any younger.

Maybe all of them.

He's not a shota if he's an adult and taller than the other adult when they start fucking.

I still can't believe it was Chisame. It makes sense but shit.

so will I have to watch Negima to watch UQ Holder

For the beginning, not really, but in later chapters it would help to at least skim through Negima.

>watch
There isnt a worthwhile negima anime. Read or die nigga read or die

I don't like her at all but she's always been the best option. The only thing that even came close were Nodoka and Yue. Evangeline never worked for me, just like it doesn't with Touta.
And Asuna has been better as the Onee-san.

Well gee I wonder what the chances are that require watching the original to makes sense of a sequel.
Also, read it. The anime is abysmal.

Shaft's looks pretty good

So thats the thing, it looks a lot better than the first anime but it goes off the rails almost immediately, the characters personalities could hardly be called parodies of their original selves and overall its just not very good.
Ill fight anyone who doesnt like the OP for either series though.

I haven't read Negima in years, Negi got with Chisame, but who's on the right? Eva and an older Negi?

It's garbage, and doesn't suit the art at all. Fights are shit too. If there is anything good to be said about it its that Shaft showed surprising restraint and refrained from shoving their usual artsy bullshit into it. And it does look better than the Holder anime preview, but that's not saying much.

That's Eva and a depressed widower Nagi.

Oh derp.

Negima is easily 10x better than UQ holder. I'm not exaggerating, it's better in every way. Negima and UQ holder can both be described as battle, ecchi, harem manga. Negima has better fights, it has much more fanservice and the girls are way higher quality. I can say this without nostalgia because I just read both of them back to back and the drop off from Negima to UQ Holder is massive.

Also, to summarize them both-
Negima: Some really great shit packed in with a whole bunch of boring
UQ holder: a whole bunch of boring

It's a real shame this came so many years after Negima ended. Now I can't taste all the Nodokafag tears.

Also, not-loli Evangeline was a mistake.

I wouldn't mind an older Evangeline much, but her new design looks nothing like her at all.
I didn't like her adult-mode in Negima either because it looked unintentionally derpy, but Ken should've used that as a basis and refined it.

He looks really tired. Like he's given up and just figured its a little amusing he would be dating someone he shat on in his youth.

left panel is what winning looks like

This damn thing is at least 9 years old by now.

>broli

And then there is UQH

You forgot basketball

CHISAME deals the knock out blow!

How old is your computer

Negima had a rougher start arguably. Meanwhile UQ is gradually going downhill. I blame Kirie and dropping the plot for Negima, and I am fans of both.

UQ holder now has Negima officially in it's title since they changed magazine, you definitely have to now.

Honestly don't even care about who won the Negibowl, I'm just happy that we have a conclusive answer now.

I mean, look how stoked Negi is! He got his dream girl (and that dream girl was like 2nd best girl)

I didn't care at all for early haremshit in Negima, but at least it had Mahora. Mahora was a very charming setting that Ken brutally underused and never fleshed out properly, even though almost half the manga took place there.

Holder already started out rough for me. Even now, Earth is boring as hell. Nothing has any charm. There's been nothing interesting at all. Holder HQ is a generic bathhouse. At best it was a generic urban fantasy you can find anywhere where they wandered around and did random stuff. I was initially hoping Ken would do some world-building and explore what the reveal of magic has changed in in the setting, but he forgot about that subject quickly after early chapters.
Once the flashback is over I really, really hope they hurry the fuck up and get away from this boring planet and go back to the Magic World, or Venus or whatever.

Narusegawa from love hina was split into Asuna and Chisame.
Once Asuna was confirmed as not being the winner, Chisame's fate was sealed

What did you expect, she's Akamatsu's cosplaying waifu insert.

>Chisame won
YES

>In the ending timeline that everyone hates, Akamatsu throws even more shade on it with unsatisfying pairings that make zero sense. In effect he's giving the middle finger to everyone because that ending was so bad, he wanted to make it worse

Sasuga Ken.

So he marries Chisame but she dies later and remarries? Only read a few chapters of UQ, so bad, couldn't continue it.

See

>Negi finally getting the girl he loved.
>Eva finally getting the man she loved
>unsatisfying pairings

Nodokafags BTFO

I hope we get to see UQ's timeline of neo-Ala Alba immortals taking down Nagi Ialda. Now that it looks like Negima's canon timeline is being wrapped up for now, I'd like to see UQ's past timeline explored a tiny bit.

You are just mad because Negi choosing Nodoka and Yue leads to the BAD END. Honyafags forever buttblasted

Negi picked no one in the bad end.

He died after he got killed by Touta off-screen.

>Yue didn't win
>Ku Fei didn't win
>tsundere won
Why do I bother

Ku Fei at least won in a different timeline, user.

she's chao's ancestor, you mean?

Why does the author hate Arika so much?

Yes, she's the descendant of Negi and Ku Fei in the original timeline. Ken has all but confirmed it.

I don't think he hates her. She worked well during the war but as events progressed I think it likely Ken realized he had simply no idea how to fit her into the rest of the plot.

Her disappearance already makes little sense in the timeline and I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't even thought of until the Magic World arc.

I don't think Ken completely forgot about her, but just hasn't intergrated her story into UQ yet. The guidebook from Volume 12 has a small article for her, albeit not translated yet. Everything in the guidebook is just spoilers to stuff going to happen soon.

Negi's sister was forgotten as well.

Nekane and Anya were never really relevant to begin with. And they're long dead by now.

>your brother is marrying
>your father is remarrying
>not invited

How do you know she wasn't invited? We only saw a picture of the marrying couples, not of all their friends and family in attendance.

>Sister
What? Do you mean Nekane? She's his cousin.

Wasnt she the chick that actually loved him the most? I remember a contract arc where he almost was in the receiving end, so to speak

You know what. I hate this picture. And no, not because I'm a whatever-fag. But because Ken couldn't be bothered to make Chisame and Eva look georgeous. Fucking look at Chisame, she just looks like she's out from classes, her fucking hair it's the same as always and she's even wearing her fucking glasses, Where was the last fucking time you guys see a bride wearing glasses on a wedding?. At least Eva did something to her hair, but fuck, they just look like it was a fucking normal day and not the one were they won their respective bowl. Pic related, that's how you are supposed to look when you marry the love of your life.

>Where was the last fucking time you guys see a bride wearing glasses on a wedding?
Last month at my cousin's wedding.

10/10 up to the horrendous misuse of the word parody, stopped reading there entirely. I blame OPMfags

>Where was the last fucking time you guys see a bride wearing glasses on a wedding?

All the time. What the fuck am I reading?

He's meaning the girl you see before Negi leaves for his job at the very start.

That's Nakane, dumbass and she's his cousin.

>Getting stuck with a psychopath who doesn't love you is a good thing

He confessed to Chisame and was horribly depressed when she turned him down. I think he can feel love.

Yeah, and she never told him that she loved him.

Literally every other girl in that series confessed except her. What's wrong with her?

Oh right, Naru clone.

Naru confessed multiple times.

She did, you're right.

Guess the clone degenerated.

Chisame got the shitty parts of Naru. The good ones went to Asuna.

Also this.

Asuna got really good and Chisame got decent for a bit... Before the Naru in her took over.

Callling anyone in negima a naru clone is a half assed cop out for being ass hurt your favorite didnt win.

>Violent nerd with insecurity issues turns out to be much prettier when she stops being a nerd

Naru, or Chisame?

Chisame wasn't pretty, she used photoshop.

Oh yeah, for all that "acne" she had, right?

Yeah, who knows if it went away after becoming an adult but I doubt it.

Given that the girl with freckles was jealous of her looks, I don't think acne was ever an issue.

Chisame is bitchy Naru through and through.

Except she wasnt

As someone who hasn't read the manga since it ended, like ten years ago, I don't remember Chisame as being a bitch at all. Mostly I just remember her as the sensible one. Too sensible to admit her feelings for her shota / teacher, which is just smart on both fronts. And she got to be his advisor / confidant when he was being too naive.

So basically I'm just pleasantly surprised that he went for the smart one. It suits him. (I mean, Nodoka and Yue were smart too, but it's a different kind of smart.)

Anyway, I'm not trying to argue or anything, as I have no real intention of rereading that longass manga. These are just the impressions that stuck with me.

Thats pretty much how chisame was. There was one scene where she called a laser down on negi right at the end that people who hate her latch on to but aside from that she was like that even in the last chapter where it showed her turning down negis confession

And repeated beatings....

Chisame only became the "reasonable" one during bits of the Mahorafest, and the Magic world arc. Before that she was pretty bad.

Too bad she went back to being a raving loon after that arc.

"beatings"

She's a cousin.

>I don't like her at all but she's always been the best option.
I don't agree, but I'm not surprised too. The author have precedents to favor tsunderes everytime.

FUCK, that's just ruined my night!

Punching/kicking someone is what exactly?

I don't recall her getting a tremendous amount of screen time before the festival which is really where they fleshed out everything about her thinking she wanted life to be reasonable and logical. She came to enjoy the crazy stuff more than she was willing to accept, but the whole reasonable thing never left her.
attempts at comedy when the person you are punching/kicking is one of the strongest beings in the world at that point.

Christ, Naru is a fucking curse, even now!

Kirie is going to win too and she's the Naru of this shitshow.

You seem pretty butthurt.

Not him, but both my sisters, possibly my mom as well if I remember the picture correctly, took their glasses off for the ceremony.

I'd imagine it differs from person to person and their self image regarding their glasses. as for the OP image, it's a single image but isn't that how Ken draws lipstick? I'd count that image as being done up at least to some extent for her wedding.

She didn't. Still, her character only just started getting decent during the mw arc. I always kinda thought she was cool, but I'll always kinda prefer Asuna.

I kinda wish Akamatsu did more with the character designs here. I mean hell, almost everyone looks exactly the same as they did in middle school. Lazy as shit.

I miss Yukihime...

Asuna was always my favorite. Even if she is destined family mode I always loved the development between her and Negi. Putting aside that if Asuna wasn't completely absent for most of magic world she may have been in the running, they did have a good caring big sister thing going on with her.

Feels gross seeing Eva and Nagi together. I always shipped Eva and Negi so it's surreal.

There was a scene in an old, old VN called YU-NO that was like this. You're fucking this chick and this girl reaches around and grabs the main guy (Takuya's) ass. She then goes, "so father and son both cum when they're surprised like this, ha ha".

Who did the MC of the UQ Holder marry?

Sexy fucking Yukihime.

this is all flashbacks to an alternate timeline right now. nothing of that sort has been resolved.

Thanks user!