So now that the dust has settled-Oh who the fuck am I kidding...

So now that the dust has settled-Oh who the fuck am I kidding KUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/XcMWY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

courage

What if Kubo had ended the series with Rukia vanishing at the end fo False Karakura Town, and then had the same epilogue?

What if Kubo had ended the series after Fullbringer, or had incorporated the Quincies as a pure-breeding line of Fullbringers?

What if Kubo had gone full slice of life after Soul Society?

Kubo teams up with the guy who did the art for Highschool of the Dead and is the writer.

What happens?

that first option is the best. Deicide fucking sucked, but I could tolerate a shitty last arc because the stuff before that was pretty good. NOTHING good game from the Fullbringer or Quinicy arc, the manga would've been better to gracefully exit with the logical conclusion.

At least Rukia and Ichigo wound up together

>NOTHING good game from the Fullbringer or Quinicy arc
I would argue that Fullbringer was one of the best arcs. It was self-contained, it had interesting powers, and it shifted the focus back to human beings and the harmful effects of hollows on their life. Hueco Mundo made it too hollow-centric and gave us sympathy for them, but Fullbringer shows how even if you survive a Hollow attack you still end up broken.

Also, Riruka was cute. She was the only character whose love for Ichigo felt genuine. Orihime always felt like a schoolgirl crush without understanding Ichigo's nature, and Rukia and Ichigo were never able to consummate their mutual attraction.

I liked the idea of the fullbringers and honestly wish they were brought in alongside the quincy.
The fullbring arc and Ginjo's power and Face book leaving after decisively winning against the gang seems like something that would have been a good early Bleach story.

Something that could have been a mystery that leads into the SS arc.

The Quincy thing? Nah.
Bach would have worked better as a kind of soul reaper on par with the captain commander and once fought a civil war in heaven against the seretei over the fate of the afterlife.

The king SHOULD have been some horrifying absurd terror and not that cucked little piece of shit that we got.

HM arc shouldn't have been a save the world from rampaging arrancar who were lead by the third arrancar...what's his name. He wanted to chage karakura into a tool for his own ascencion. But Aizen was simply lying to him so that he could do blah blah blah in the background and keep SS busy.

He wanted enough souls to power his key that he'd use to break into the kings realm and attempt to kill him/displace him as the ruler.
Orihime is kidnapped and her powers were revealed to be something that can unmake all of creation and her birth is something that should not have been.

Cue ichigo losing his powers so that it can seal the king or something.
Cue him getting quasi spirit powers from using his fullbring abilities combined with his viziard abilities.

Begone tripfag.

Is Kubo the guy who did Madoka?

Fullbringer was one of my favorite arcs, almost tied with the obvious SS. It had a lot of old-Bleach charm, lots of cool ideas, and the psychological horror that was Tsukishima's power plus the emotion/urge to kill he got out of Ichigo felt very real. Then Shinigami showed up and it went to shit.

>love for Ichigo felt genuine
It was a silly crush.

>Orihime always felt like a schoolgirl crush without understanding Ichigo's nature
There have been several scenes where its shown how well she understands him.

>their mutual attraction.
Anything else you wanna pull from your ass there?

>NOTHING good came from the Fullbringer arc
Ginjo and Tsukishima
Book of the end was one of the coolest powers too

>The Quincy thing? Nah. Bach would have worked better as a kind of soul reaper on par with the captain commander and once fought a civil war in heaven against the seretei over the fate of the afterlife.
The Quincy's were made too powerful and important after being shown as impotent and dying off.

Remember when Tsukishima literally saved all of existence?

No, but I remember Kazui doing that in the last chapter.

When is the next CFYOW chapter coming out? I know it resumes in the fall, but I don't know the exact date.

Probably fall like you said. J-BOOKS twitter will make an announcement.

The Heart

Honestly, Bleach would've been a top-tier manga if KUBOOOOOO knew how to pace and trimmed all the unnecessary fat.

Even with it's shortcomings, I always enjoyed Kubo's art style. My only grudge against him is how he ruined Unohana, and I still have no idea wtf her Bankai does.

It would've been top-tier if Ichigo had a harem.

Her bankai heals all wounds so she can keep fighting while also attacking her opponent.

I think it's biggest flaw was taking itself too seriously while still trying to have comedic moments.

>tripfagging

Good chemistry between Ichigo and Rukia on the start and the first good arc fueledby the "romace" of that rescue, and everything was basically just a slowly winding down meme after that. Some minor good parts but not a good overarching plot. Aizen's existence entertained Sup Forums for a while but that was something we made up. That was my take. I think Kubo didn't have anything serious in mind to after SS arc and it shows. He improvized better than Toriyama though. The ending was shit and also reeking of rush and executive meddling. Also I believe the anime fillers did far more damage to the popularity and the perception of the franchise that most people would care to admit.

It was mediocre shit with good spiritual themes here and there but it abandoned its own strength in absence of any understanding about what they were.

The abridged is good.

That is my opinion.

World be surprised if he writes anything ever again even would be even more surprised if it'd be good.

>fought an enemy he couldn't see before he even had powers

oh god i forgot about that

>"romace" of that rescue

>has never watched TV

Then how was he a fan of Don Kanonji?
>BOHAHAHAHA

Chad was criminally underused.

How many times do we need to flush before this turd goes away?

>all those watermarks

It was a sin to kill a woman as beautful and deadly as Unohana. Actually it is a sin to kill any of the women in Bleach as they were the best characters Kubo designed.

You can say that about any character that wasn't part of the Gotei 13. Specially those three.

I do miss old man genocide though.

Ichigo saved Rukia because she saved him. There was no doubt that Rukia became the most important person in Ichigo's life since the night he met her and while you can spin the story and its elements around all day long, and be right when pointing out the details, the manga up through the SS arc was about Ichigo and Rukia and how they completed each other.

>cm punk

We all know it.

Hell, even Kubo knew it- that's why he threw him a bone at the end and made him a famous boxer.

>that Rukia became the most important person in Ichigo's life since the night he met her
So important that he literally abandoned a dying Rukia once Ulquiorra simply told him he was the one to kidnap Orihime, and bring her to HM. How interesting.

>the manga up through the SS arc was about Ichigo and Rukia and how they completed each other.
Wanna pull more bullshit from your ass while you're at it user?

No, moron. Kubo did Yuri on Ice! which is really yaoi on ice lol

I am thinking about reading Bleach mostly because I like the Gotei 13, especially the old man but with all the shit I am seeing it doesnt seem worth it at all

>mostly because I like the Gotei 13
there's a lot of shinigami focus, but some shinigami get more focus than others. rukia/renji/byakuya/toshiro/kenpachi get the most focus on the 13.

>Ichigo and Rukia and how they completed each other.
So Ichigo and facebook complete each other also right?

all those bankai reveals at the end was pretty hype

Past the SS stage, the story lost consistency. It was already starting to be evident of Kubo's re-writes, but to try and point to a single few pages from a single chapter in an arc that occured hundreds of chapters later for the sake of Ichigo to make action in a magazine cartoon is, I think, a little more silly form of character analysis.

Ichigo was unmotivated, Rukia was his motivator. When Rukia appeared, his life changed and it wasn't just because he became a ghost hunter.

I'd recommend reading Bleach. Now that it's over you won't have to put up with it's agonizing pacing as you would have waiting for a weekly chapter.

It's like you never read the series. I'm afraid I could never explain a long-running series to you, let along have a critical discussion of plot elements, inside a single thread on Sup Forums - A Site for Shitposting

I miss captain mom.

>the story lost consistency.
So that's what you're going to go with because you can't refute my statement about he abandoned her once Orihime's name was brought up? Not surprising since whenever an IR is put on the spot with actual panels, you guys freeze up and change the subject.

>it wasn't just because he became a ghost hunter.
No one ever says this? Everyone knows she changed his world by giving him the power to protect, and he in turn helped save her.

>1

It left a pretty big plot thread though. Aizen was about to reveal Ichigo being a quincy all the way back in Deicide before Isshin showed up.

The Blood War arc had a good concept, and the early chapters were good. But it dragged on way too long, and had to be finished in the novels.

But not ass hype as witnessing the end with fellow Sup Forumsnons.

All the IchiRuki tears were delicous, it makes me giddy just thinking about it.

Even on Sup Forums, I'm not going to argue about Bleach. Especially not with some Rumiko animeposter.

What an excuse.

I still laugh at this. It feels good being right after years of Sup Forums clamoring for IchiRuki.

The threads were fun.

I've never watched more than 3 or 4 episodes of the Bleach anime but I consistently hear people say the ending one of the worst they've ever seen. If someone doesn't mind spoonfeeding, could you explain why it was so terrible?

I'm genuinely curious and I'm obviously not gonna read/watch the series now that I know the payoff isn't worth it.

Never forget

>could you explain why it was so terrible?
Underwhelming final fight, and a bunch of plot-points left unanswered.

>i blew it
Every time.

Post Ichiruki meltdown

imgur.com/gallery/XcMWY

Basically the big bad is too OP so Kubo had to shoddily work around his OPness to give MC the win.

kek kishi did this too. he created kaguya because madara was too strong to defeat.

IchiRuki tards shitting themselves in every Bleach thread for months was an amazing thing to behold.

It was the perfect opportunity for easy trolls and false flaggers to stir up some chaos just by mentioning Orihime's name.

Best girl always wins, stay mad Rukiafags.

I want Kubo and the anime creators to redo bleach from scratch and change a few things.

Series starts as normal but we'll have a black cat showing up occasionally and have Ichigo's dad talk to it or pet it.

Have Ichigo bump into Uryu throughout the early part of the series. Mabye even give them a bit of a child hood rivalry thing going. My asshole cousin is going to this school! kind of thing.

Everything proceeds as normal but have uryu watch the shenanigans from the shadows and occasionally think about lending a hand but deciding not too.

We see the viziards and fullbringers in the background here and there.

Cue the entire series happening as normal till the grandfisher ep.

Then we get the fullbringers. They show up as a rogue faction that runs from SS and the soul reapers but also have no love lost for the quincy who simply kill them without hesitation.

This is when they reveal that chad is a fullbringer and they also say that orihime MIGHT be one as well. Cue the thing with facebook happening and that creepy psychological horror going on with ichigo being unable to figure out what's going on.

It's all a ruse by Ginjo and Facebook who're trying to steal Yuzu's uniquely powerful ability to add to his own and become strong enough to fight against/hold his own against the shinigami.

Ginjo wins, Ichigo realizes that he both has a fullbringer power that will let him fight in his human body and also that SS is not to be trusted. Ginjo also gets Yuzu's power. He leaves. Ichigo is pissed and feels weak.

Cue Uryu deciding to prove to ichigo that he's a weakling and challenging him. They have a match to see who kills the most hollow.
The hollow start pouring in and then grand fucking menos out of nowhere.
Rukia shits a brick and wants to call in backup but ichigo chad orihime and uryuu handle things. Maybe have Shinji sit on the roof of a nearby building and call Urahara.

You can keep your headcanons.

>stay mad Rukiafags.
I will

At least post nice fanart.

We could have had such an amazingly cute ending...

Well, to put in simple terms, imagine this: kubo hyped ichigo bankai chapter after chapter, we waited years for this, and when ichigo finally reveals his bankai, you expect something amazing, its been years waiting for this after all, it can only be great.

Well, not really, when the final battle begins and ichigo uses bankai, Juha just shatters Ichigo bankai in less than one second, and proceeds to beat ichigo with an inch of his life, and in the end Ichigo just gives up and curls up in a corner to cry while Juha rapes Orihime.

Even more weird, Juha, the final boss, leaves ichigo alive for no reason, this is the guy who was killing everyone who was a threat to him just a few chapters before, the guy who vaporized old man genocide body just to make sure the fucker would never come back, and then Juha just leaves ichigo alive and fucks off .
Okay right, we can deal, because facebook comes back and repairs ichigo sword, and now ichigo can fight again against the guy who can shatter his sword with a glance, okay.

Now I accept, ichigo fighting side by side with Aizen against Juha was cool, but kubo cucked us out once again of a proper fight, because both Ichigo and Aizen are taken down by Yhwach, and they only win because of some bullshit arrow that was introduced in the same chapter, a literal deus ex machina that was asspulled at the last moment do disable Juha powers, no asspull in the entire manga could top this.

To make it even better, they had the fucking arrow before the war began, but instead of using it while Juha was weak, they waited until the guy had reached godhood and become unstoppable, and the light novels coming out now heavily imply that asspull arrow only worked because Haschwalth regretted killing Bass-B and used the Almighty to reform ichigo sword in the future as revenge against Juha, in other words their retarded plan only worked because another villain had a change of heart, if not for that they would have been killed.

spoiler week was quite an experience, I barely slept in those 4 days

It's really sad that Kubo got so low on creativity at the end that a fake spoiler would look practically indistinguishable from the real thing.

Shipper tears are always delicious though.

To try to put it in terms somebody not familiar with the series would understand:
- The MC finally got his "true power" with huge build up, which then isn't used
- The villain pretty much just dies for no real reason
- The King of "heaven", who the final villain called father, who the previous big villain cited as his reason for going bad, whose death we were told would cause the end of the world, died and Kubo never even bothered to explain anything about him. Not even how the world still existed. He didn't even get a single line. We don't even know if he could talk.

And that's not getting into the various major characters who were last seen on the brink of death and were never seen or mentioned again.

>light novels coming out now heavily imply that asspull arrow only worked because Haschwalth regretted killing Bass-B and used the Almighty to reform ichigo sword in the future as revenge against Juha, in other words their retarded plan only worked because another villain had a change of heart, if not for that they would have been killed.

Seriously? I don't keep up with the novels at all but that still feels like a bullshit end, all things considered.

Still the parents every kid out there is dying to have.

You know what I loved about Bleach? The Shikais and Bankais was such a simple yet awesome concept that produced shockwaves amount of hype. A chapter ending on "Bankai" never got old. People were still loving it towards the end no matter how dead in the water the series was.
>Wake up, Benihime
>Scatter, Senbonzakura
>Howl, Zabimaru
>Dance, Sode no Shirayuki
>Shoot to kill, Shinso
>REDUCE ALL CREATION TO ASH, RYUUUUUUJIN JAKKA

Chad should have had at least one victory over a genuinely tough opponent.

>REDUCE ALL CREATION TO ASH, RYUUUUUUJIN JAKKA

Hell yeah, old man genocide's bankai was hype. That whole fight was awesome, even when he got wrecked in the end.

Fuck off, the Quincy arc was the third best arc of the series and was legit put together early on in the manga.

I agree with you on the topic of the Soul King. During the Deicide arc, when Aizen was ranting to Urahara about the SK and calling him a "thing" I was imagining some sort of eldritch horror being protected and worshipped by the Zero Division and Aizen wanted to kill it. The reveal of him being a corpse victimized by the Shinigami made his reveal less impactful. He didn't even have a role in the series beyond being a vague something that Yhwach killed. Even his hands and heart had more personality than him. Maybe Narita's novel will fix that and we get to see more of SK.

The Quincy arc probably had the best start out of all of them but that's all there really is to it. It got really retarded around Toshiro's hidden bankai being revealed to be him literally becoming a man.

The main gripe I had with that arc was the inconsistency behind the Quincy's story. In SS arc we learn that Mayuri alone slaughtered a shit ton of Quincies and Yamamoto literally committed genocide on the whole Quincy race. Then in this arc we learn that the Quincies were actually overpowered badasses that can kick Shinigami ass left and right. In the end, they couldn't even beat Gerard until Yhwach did it for them. So how did they beat the Quincies 1000 years ago? From this logic, one Sternritter alone should've been enough to solo the whole Gotei 13. If all 26 Sternritters fought at the same time, the Gotei would've been wiped out. How the fuck did they even win?

They were only OP due to the final release form. Mayuri didn't know about the final release form due to those Quincy not having one.

Yama fought Juha Bach himself but only powerful Sternritter had the final form.

No, it was mostly good up till Reio was killed and then it showed it was on fumes. There was entertainment, not just as good as it was for the first two acts of the final arc

It definitely was hype. But I still feel like this Bankai is one of the least practical ones. It's so insanely destructive that he can't even use it without burning down the area he's in. That limits its use to certain places only. He definitely can't use it in the human world. Humanity would go extinct. He can't use it in SS as well, it would burn after a while. He could only use it in HM safely since burning that place down is ok.

But shouldn't those powerful Sternritter have been around 1000 years ago too? It's not like they were only born recently. People like Haschwalth, Bazz, Lille, Gerard and Robert should've been around 1000 years ago. All their powers are supremely overpowered. I don't see why they didn't just go final release and wipe the Shinigami out. Unless Yhwach ordered them to lose on purpose for some reason.

Not exactly given how Juha Bach was collecting them. ( see the backstory of Rroyd Lloyd and As Nodt.)

Their backstory showed it was in a more modern time frame. 1000 years is a fuckton of a long time.

I dont think kubo actually planed the Sternritter from the beginning, for him Quincies were just archer dudes who could use spirit magic.

Only later he had the idea of fleshing out the quincy story and powers.

The quincy would have wiped the floor with soul society 1000 years if they were as powerful as they are now.

>mayuri outright says that you can keep on fighting as long your heart can pump out spiritual power
>gremmy can turn any shinigami heart to ice with his power
>end of the line.jpg

Hell, the only shinigami who actually had a chance against the sternritters was Aizen in his god form.

He had planned the Quincy as antagonistic rivals to the Soul Reaper. That's why they are prominent very early on.

He might have an idea on using the quincy, but their powers and abilities were clearly added later on, the sternritters can outright laugh and ignore almost everything the shinigami can do, those guys would not be losing wars anytime soon.

There's still some potential lore to be explored like :

>Who's the ruler of Hell?

>Does the Soul King or Juuha have some connection to Hell and it's ruler?

>Are the guardians of Hell/Kushanāda able to gain conscience and potentially becoming the likes of Arrancar?

>Shinigami with Hollow powers = Visored
>Hollow with Shinigami powers = Arrancar
>Quincy with Hollow powers = ?????
>Hollow with Quincy powers = ?????

Actually a lot of powers were introduced very early on.

>bow and arrow
>reishi absorbstion
>Quincy shadow
>blur vene
>ranso tangai
>final release form

Only shrift was a new technique.

We need the anime just so we can get proper video and sound for this compilation.

I think you forget that 1000 years ago the Captains were at their peak, and that Yamamoto was full murder mode.

I want to kiss him.

Kubo should stop introducing new characters every chapter.

That was an amazing fake spoiler.

Remember that Kirge called Let Stil an "antiquated technique"? I think the Quincy didn't have Vollstandig originally, but it was something they were able to discover only after the Shinigami wrecked them.

Kubo could've just made Ichigo just as ridiculously OP. Ichigo had Quincy powers, and Kubo did nothing with them. He could've given Ichigo a Schrift or something.

>Quincy with Hollow powers =
Quilge Opie
>Hollow with Quincy powers =
Luders and Ebern

Or in both cases - Ichigo