We need to hype Chihayafuru damn it

we need to hype Chihayafuru damn it

i need more Shinobu and the new punished Taichi

We'll get hype when it gets close to the end since that's when she'll finally pick Arata as her lover, Taichi will finally become the new Meijin, and the final Chihaya vs Shinobu match for the Queen title will happen.

I don't get it.

Chihaya's dress is red because her poem is about a red sunlight

>picking Arata
And that's when I'll stop reading, dumb bitch

Each boy will get a prize in the end, and Arata is obviously going to get her love while Taichi gets the Meijin title you. Get over it you dumbfuck.

What exactly should we be hyping about it?

Were the movies any good?

Posting fanart won't make it canon. I'm sorry.

>Taichi
>winning

He'll win something, and from the way the story is going, I think it'll be the Meijin title. He gets training/advice from Suo, and his character gets more focus than Arata when related to karuta.

Nobody wins the Chihayabowl, she only loves and lives for karuta

Taichi is annoying.

Arata's accent is weird. It has a lot of the same cadence as Korean.

Only reason he ever got into this lame ass game is because he was in love with this fucking girl and he still is, who cares about some autistic meijin title. Open your eyes Chihaya you silly cunt

>smart
>wealthy
>great looking
>20/20 vision
>is desperately in love with you
Gee sounds like a hard choice

this is the only logical answer.

Chihaya will never breed. She will never bear children. She will focus 100% on Karuta, her true love.

The obvious answer then, is to cosplay as a karuta and seduce her.

Me too

Punished Taichi is shit, it made me dislike him

Taichi victory

He's going to win something, the author loves him too much to leave him miserable forever. Whatever it is, I'm really looking forward to the haters' tears and rage when it happens.

Who will win chihayabowl? I stopped watching season 1 because taichi's suffering was unbearable.

Arata fucking sucks. Taichi and Chihaya definitely deserve to be together

I only watched the first season.

The chihayabowl is going to Sudou.

Taichi a shit and doesn't deserve anything.

Arata.

Karuta will win the Chihayab owl and Taichi will marry Chihaiya's sister.

>Arata drams about becoming a meijin since early childhood
>trained all his life
>achieves unparalleled records for his age
>already a big personality in the karuta community
>also the main girl happens to be head over heels for him
Clearly this means that this dude who got into the sport only because of this girl he likes, and who later dropped it because he got friendzoned will become the meijin instead.

Projecting into Taichi was the only reason I watched this.

But Taichi's tears are delicious.

Yeah, it's pretty funny that Arata is going to be denied of his life dream because the author already picked him as the lead's boyfriend and there's another character Suetsugu can't leave alone.

I'll never understand why Taichi is so popular. Every time he's around all I can see is the shitty kid he was in the flashbacks at the start.

I enjoyed the part where he was jealous that Arata beat him by 1cm.

Yeah, Taichi has to step it up since he's Arata's penultimate opponent.
Arata vs Suou is set up way harder than whatever you projection seems to imply to you. I don't even give a fuck who wins the bowl anymore but if Arata doesn't get to be the meijin by the end it's will just be a clear case of shit writing (let alone Taichi winning the title out of fucking nowhere).

If you read the manga then you would realize this. From Suo training him/giving him advice, Taichi coming to like karuta on his own terms, and his connection to the game getting more focus than Aratas all points to him getting the title. The mangaka already declared that she will give Taichi a prize, but so far nothing points to a happy ending with Chihaya. If anything he seems to be better when he's not around her especially in terms of karuta.

have you even been reading the manga?

I'm like 6 months behind desu. I know Taichi's training with Suoh but a few months of hard work shouldn't surpass years of constant dedication.
And someone with such an on and off attitude doesn't deserve to stand at the top, especially compared to the dedication Chihaya and Arata display.

Taichi's whole character arc is centered on that "even if I spend my whole youth I'll never catch up to Arata" scene. Whether Taichi becomes meijin or not, he's going to win against Arata in karuta, and the upcoming qualifier match is most likely that point.
You also have to consider the emotional aspect. Suou and Taichi have become very close, Suou and Arata have talked maybe twice. Taichi vs Suou would be more meaningful because of their connection.

He doesn't have an on and off attitude anymore.

>next wek
if only

I still need to watch the real life movies.
How are they?

They're not bad, but I didn't feel like they really captured the spirit and there were some changes I didn't like. I'll watch the third one but only out of curiosity about how they'll end it.

Does the movies cover anything not in the anime?

I don't remember clearly but I think the second one ends more or less at the same point as s2.

hasn't had it for a few months, but like the other guy said that shouldn't be enough to overcome arata

Arata a stopped playing karuta for a long while though.

Arata is a poorfag and need the Meijin title to go to college. Taichi is a richfag and genetically perfect so he won't have problems with his education.

The title doesn't give you any money, eugenics-kun.

Maybe he could get a scholarship, does nobody have any respect for Karuta in Japan?

t. bullied kid

From what I watched from sangatsu in japan pro shogi players get paid, is it different with karuta?

I don't give a shit about karuta. I only want him to win the Chihayabowl

Taichi a shit.

Arata sucks.

Sudou a best.

>we need to hype Chihayafuru
I still remember when the show was airing and the Anonymous of Good Deeds would open threads like this. I miss those times. God, it's been 4 years already. ;_:

>I don't give a shit about karuta
You don't belong here, you opinion on Chihaya's future is worthless

Taichi best guy!

He's not Sudou so no he's not.

Sorry for asking retarded questions, but I have not even heard of this series for years.
Is the manga still coming out?
Will the anime ever continue?
Are Arata/Chihaya really being developed as a couple? It felt unconvincing to me as a romance.

-chapter 185 vol 35
-No news about that
-They were never a couple, neither Taichi, but at least he kissed her

It's monthly manga but mangaka sometimes puts it in hiatus
Asami, Miyano and Hosoya still do yearly events for Chihayafuru but nothing suggests a new season being made
Arata and Taichi confessed to Chihaya but no one is winning

Yes.
Unlikely.
Eh, Arata confessed and Chihaya replied with "I want to concentrate on karuta", if you can call that development. They still hardly ever see each other or communicate, and when they do talk it's brief and about karuta. If you thought it was unconvincing from the anime you probably won't change your mind with what they get later in the manga.

Interesting.

Love triangles are usual, but why does she not have some drama moments like this with Arata as well if they are to become the endgame?

I hope this will not get some wtf ending like Honey and Clover, where the main girl the dudes were fighting for randomly went off to live with that surrogate uncle character. Actually, it would feel somehow like that if she just chose Arata without any prior romantic development.

Alright, I see there has been some development in the manga. Scratch

then, I was basing it on the anime.

Taichi blew his chances when he confessed, fucked off from the club leaving Chihaya to be the captain and turned into Suo's fuccboi because both hate karuta. His development would mean shit if he ends up with Chihaya, Sumire has better chance at Taichibowl at this point.

This this this!
>actually caring about karuta
Uhhh you do you user.

Taichi and Chihaya a cute!

I didn't ask for silly visualizations.

So Taichi is a demon now.

kys arata you four eyed fucking nerd

boohoo im poor but muh grandpa and muh karuta

literally kill yourself you retarded nigger

FUCKING AGREED.

next chapter when?

>we'll never see this animated
What chapter is this anyway?

No idea which one exactly, but it was between the 140-150 because Arata confess to Chihaya around the ch.135

Good to know, thanks.

Can't wait for Arata to win the Chihayabowl to all the Taichifags are BTFO once and for all.

>taichi confesses to chihaya because he heard arata did it first
>chihaya immediately thinks about arata and his "lets play karuta forever" line which was basically a proposal after the confession
>doesn't regret turning taichi down, only regrets that she hurt him for so long
taichi doesn't stand a chance

Just remember that Arata will lose the karutabowl anyway.

He'll get with Chihaya though, and that'll make up for everything. He's also a much better person that Taichi who was a bully, still insecure over stupid shit and is still a coward to this day.

6 hours ago.

>any girl being more important than the title

taichi is literally "boohoo i feel insecure when it comes to arata and karuta but i have to stick with the latter because muh chihaya"

hes such a fucking loser that was so obsessed with chihaya that even arata had to tell him that she doesnt belong to anyone. his whole character is the "pretty boy with issues" trope.

>picking a title over true love

>true love
Yeah, I'd like to see how that works when they realize the only thing they have in common is karuta and they're both poorfags.

>bitter taichifag

You and me both, user.

Is Taichi a virgin?

I like how I never mentioned Taichi and you still assumed I was a Taichifag. Touched a nerve, didn't I?

why would you get defensive and angry over chihaya ending up with arata if you aren't a taichifag then?