Just read this for the first time to day. Creepy as fuck. Any more manga like Uzumaki?

Just read this for the first time to day. Creepy as fuck. Any more manga like Uzumaki?

just read all of Junji itos stuff desu

Read more junji ito, and maybe try out fuan no tane, although it's more subtle horror and not that scary either. Ito is more bizarre, although those balloons did scare the shit out of me when I first read it because it was unsettling to me. Now I can have a laugh at it, but some of his works require you to think and others require you to ignore common sense at times.

Literally anything by Junji Ito

Tomie was good

Specific Junji Ito pieces I would recommend are Gyo, Tomie, and The Enigma of Amigara Fault. The last one is a short story.

Hideout

Not sure why nobody's mentioned Kago.

>That story about the toy designer who made the knifing a fetus game
>The one where a mountain village gives birth to shit
>The full manga of the game show that plays with miniatures and perspective
>The condo one
>The fashion statement of cutting your stomach
Kago is a god

but don't you think it was a little silly? the tone of the manga, too

It got progressively more silly but it was definitely deliberate. The starting chapters are still very freaky

shit, you're right about the early chapters. been years for me and just remembered. i fucking loved kirie, too. she was such a good girl

I was going to say that at least the silliness peaked in about the middle with the jack in the box chapter, but then I remembered the "don't move faster than walking speed to avoid causing hurricanes" part near the end.
Still had some genuinely nasty chapters, like the mosquitoes and the unbirthing thing at the hospital.

>When the woman realises your ear has a spiral
Still gives me chills

Yeah, that was pretty bad.

Legend

Amazing

oyasumi punpun waywayway

Punpuns great but not horror in this visceral body horror sense

dafuq

Trash

Was Hellstar Remina intentionally silly?

Also the mushroom babies part

Why does Ito's work read left to right? I've never understood this, it always confused the fuck out of me

The snail transformation too was great.

>go too slow
>become delicious snail for eating

Read more Junji Ito and Shintaro Kago

It confused me as well, I found the page in my hardback copy of Uzumaki, which is right to left, but the digital version I've got is left to right.

The worst thing about the snails is everyone's reaction to them once the town goes to shit. I think this chapter is the one that got to me most in Uzumaki.

Did anyone laugh while reading Dissection Girl and the Human Chair? Most of Junji Itos stuff scares me but that one left me laughing. Dissection Girl did however manage to give me a night terror eventually cause I'm a pussy.

try being naked, alone, in the dark with only light from PC and possibly with complete silent, read them until you are sleepy. Have a nice dream

For me, fuan no tane was way scarier.