Is it really necessary to take your clothes off to install a chipset?

Is it really necessary to take your clothes off to install a chipset?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5iZMD_eCpEo
youtube.com/watch?v=5TK4G8ADXek
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

She wore a lot of long-sleeve clothes that looked like they'd be prone to static build-up.

Yup. Also best to work on a hard surface such as wood or stone rather than carpet.

In case it catches fire, her clothes might catch fire and then people would see her naked. It's only natural she would take them off.

it is if you're a japanese school girl

At this point, her personality had already started to fall apart.

It's not necesarry but it helps with preventing static build-up. This far into the show she seems to be dabbling with extremely expensive equipment so why take the chance?

That and her room was getting extra spicy with all the hardware she had running. Even shutting it all down to perform upgrades wouldn't make the room cool any time soon.

Well, yes.

So i just watched this anime and here is what I think happened.

Lain was never real, she herself was a god who was made in the wired.

Probably.
Unless you have a lot of body hair, in which case you need to shave yourself completely as well.

It was certainly very nice.

Like in that bit in Cromartie Highschool, when Fujimoto had to take off his clothes to put together his computer. Something to do with static.

>Building a rig
>Doesn't get naked on top of wood
Enjoy your fried components

>this far into the show
>it's in episode 3

What's the matter? Is the English language too confusing for you?

Preferably you'd wear panties and cute rainbow socks.

I want to have sex with this bear !

Are you really doubting Lain?

Sweaty, hot sex with God.

Would you give her your chewing gum, user ?

Lain is not for lewd!

Considering reality is completely rewritten by episode 13, yes episode 3 is getting pretty deep into the show.

Why is there both a figure and a couple of pieces of official artwork of Lain with guitar??? It suits her look imo but there wasn't a single scene in which a damned guitar was featured, as I recall...

Some people confuse love with "love."

I don't know about you but I work better without pants.

youtube.com/watch?v=5iZMD_eCpEo

Let's all love Lain

I think it may just be a style thing. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Let's all make love to Lain !

In a row?

Beep boop.

youtube.com/watch?v=5TK4G8ADXek

I got ass naked last time i installed mine. Was kinda awkward when i my big sis walked in on it because i forgot to lock the door.

>Hold my juicebox

Why? Did she get naked too and assist?

>implying this degenerate has handled hundreds of dollars of delicate hardware with clothes on before
It's the only way to be sure you can prevent ESD. You don't want to be the nerd who fried his cpu do you?

I've fried more cpus than you have touched girls.

I've touched more cpus than girls but I've never fried a cpu following based Lain's advice.

I've touched more naked girls than you have cpus.

At work we have conductive shoes so we are constantly grounded to the anti static flooring

Nah. Lain was an ITG online but meek in real life meaning two personalities. As she addressed that more people met more Lains online because she acted differently. She didn't know which of these she really was but eventually figured that her true self exists beyond herself so she commits suicide. Years later another girl just like her is hanging out on a bridge because a person(ality) - insofar as it's interpretation by a second party - can always come about again in another person.
But none of it is literal so you should pear all of that back and broaden it out. It's not about the truth of the narrative, it's about the message it was designed to convey.

Must be great if someone spills a drink and it splashes over a powerstrip.

are you seriously questioning a god?

I doubt that, user.
I've also straightened pins with tweezers countless times, which I'm pretty sure corresponds to the sex.
Of course. But are you naked? It's the only way to be sure.

Depends on where she lives and if the level of humidity. A anti static bracelet would be the best instead of getting naked.

Google "jobs where you touch naked girls".

This reminds me.
I used to have a computer that would reboot itself whenever you plugged anything into the usb port unless you were grounded.
Every time I put in a flash drive or something I had to stretch over and grab the gas pipe that went to my heater with the other hand.

You're lucky all it did was reboot.

Surface tension reduction

Static discharge can kill micro electronics.

>Literally me in my workshop

am I a weeb if I get paid for it

No, you're successful.

I wish Lain wasn't the logo for all gay internet cults

when I work on electronics I not only get naked but I also plug a grounding cable into my ass

How many volts do you enjoy? The old 5v2a does wonders.

>lain thread
Finally a chance to ask, what the fuck is wrong with the gamu Lain? Why did she seemingly kill all those people? What's up with the vessel for her 'father' which she destroyed brutally? Why did she commit sudoku?

Hi

There are lots of people talking about me naked in here

That makes me embarrassed but if you're having fun maybe that's okay

I really just wanted to say hi

Lain is for love, but keep it personal with your own Lains.

I've done it before when putting together a computer. I was a lot more paranoid about static electricity killing computer parts back then though.

>tfw you'll never be that little boy that kissed her

Did she ever have one?

PRESENT DAY

game lain is same setting slightly different story if I remember correctly.

PRESENT TIME
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

There's a reason why you need a programing pair of socks, dressing is very important on Sup Forums related stuff.

PRESENT TIME

Statics could ruin your motherboard.

Either game Lain is in a different setting with different rules entirely OR game lain is set before current Lain and that suicide was her abandoning her body to join up with and become Lain of the Wired.

I love assembling electronics, shame I rarely do it, since I'm not rich as to buy a new computer every year.
I don't have to worry about static since I live in a really humid area and the floor is made out of stones.

w-what's this from

I work in medical imaging service/repair. When working on the digital x-ray detector panels I'd strip to my under shirt and take off my shoes, and use a grounding strap, and use a grounding pad. Those damn things are so static sensitive one wrong move and ZAP!! Say goodbye to a $250,000 detector panel.
Didn't help the company's shirt I had to wear was made of polyester!

you ever work on MRI type machines? I would LOVE to see one of those being worked on. I remember wanting to dance while having my first MRI because if the techno-like rhythm the machine makes while scanning.
if you ever feel up to it, of bet anything Sup Forums and i would love to see pics! would also enjoy learning about how you go about your job. sounds fascinating, user.

necessary for my dick yes

I think it's Lain.

Not that guy, but Sup Forums is more or less dead IMO. I haven't been there for a couple of years, but I can only imagine the damage the last year did. They're probably hyping up the latest apple products and are probably excited about the Windows 10 updates. Fucking Windows 10 updates!
Most Sup Forumsentoomen that know their shit likely left in 2014, so I don't really think 17 year olds (likely the average age of Sup Forums today) would give a fuck about medical imaging technology.

No, we're an X-ray company mainly. I mostly work on the imaging side, the stuff that actually makes the images, but I work on the generators and portables too.

Sup Forums are a bunch of morons. /diy/ has better engineers.

I still get spooked every time I hear that. Never managed to gather enough balls to finish that game. It sucks being a coward.

yea, I think you're right for the most part. Sup Forums has become a sub-reddit of Sup Forums, but I keep going back because every once in a while some one will post something really interesting. today someone posted something about a serious vulnerability in a very common arris modem, and my jaw dropped when I read the writeup. i immediately saved the info, as I have an interest in cyber security. I wonder if Lain would still have taken her clothes off if she knew what is now possible with remotely enabling cameras and microphones

I still think that stuff is really interesting. I collect DICOM image viewers and enjoy looking at the various studies I've collected. I'm currently butthurt because there is a company that make a fantastic DICOM image processor that will, among other things, render images in 3D, but they only make the software for Apple devices and is like $600 dollaridoos. REEEEEE.

>Hi, sis! I need some help inserting my hard drive. do you have a good slot for me to mount it in?

>Onee-san, the RAM won't go in...
>You have to push both tabs aside, and...
>Nee-san?
>You have to J-J-J-JAM IT IN!