Could Archer effectively solo the Holy Grail War if he had a Rule Breaker that he could shoot from his arrow...

Could Archer effectively solo the Holy Grail War if he had a Rule Breaker that he could shoot from his arrow? The walkie talkie is there because he obviously needs to say "Rule Breaker".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oSPKAB70xtg?t=37
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You have to touch it to channel your magical energy

That artistic skill

yes

Archer can't project Rule Breaker

He can steal it from somebody, though.

Why? It's a fucking sword/dagger type weapon.
I mean it makes sense if he can't project it, otherwise he would have just been able to use it to sever his contract as a counter guardian which he apparently hated so much

It was never intended as a weapon, so he can't project it.

He projected a fishing rod in F/HA.

>Make a magic dagger
>It only works when you stab shit with it
>Not intended as a weapon
What the fuck is this.

Yeah, a weapon for hunting fish
It's a ritual knife, not a weapon

>A fishing rod
>A weapon for hunting fish

>A ritual knife
>Designed to kill people for rituals
>Not a weapon for killing people
Are you fucking with me?

Why are you angry at me, Nasu is the one making this shit up as he goes

what's stopping the master/servant pair from just re-establishing the contract afterwards or cooperating anyway despite losing the connection?

What's the point? Even if it severed the contract with their masters wouldn't they just need to form a new one since they still have their command seals?

>ritual knife
It's not really designed to kill people, though. Do you know the meaning of "ritual knife"?

>Suddenly Nasu realizes that if Archer could project Rule Breaker then he could actually be bullshit overpowered
>"It not a weapon so he cant project"
>Meanwhile Archer is projecting shields and shit like fishing rods
Why is Nasu so retarded?

Don't be such a fucktard. Shirou can project both gym equipment, tool equipment, or anything broken in school.

Shirou can also project a blanket,

Archer is reverse-Shirou, so where Shirou can always asspull a victory, Archer can always asspull a defeat.

Can Shirou project rule breaker?

This may be difficult to understand for a secondary but Shirou=/=Archer

Shirou can certainly trace and reinforce all of those things but I don't actually remember him projecting them

>Archer/Shirou can project Excaliber at the brink of death and self destruct
>Nasu backs out of it saying that he can't and only would get something similar and they'd die anyway even if they are at full mana
>Nasu also says Archer has no access to Avalon because he isn't connected to Saber, even though Shirou got regen in UBW despite not being connected to Saber
>Now Nasu says that Archer can't trace RB because "it's not a weapon" even though it's a fucking dagger that activates on stabbing people

Has there ever been another character that actively has to be retcon nerfed almost constantly by their own creator?

Why does Nasu hate the Redman so much.
Could Counter Guardian EMIYA (not heroic spirit) project Excalibur? He has infinite mana after all.

So does the rule breaker projection in HF not count as Archer being able to do it even though Shirou used his arm?

He projects all his fishing equipment

I'm sure excaliber secretly saps all mana instantly the moment it gets projected unless its in sabers hands or some other stupid shit Nasu comes up with

Shhhhhh, Nasu doesn't want you to remember that

>Tries to use excalibur
>saps the world itself of all mana
>everyone dies

Rule Breaker should've just been written better. It wouldn't look as cool if it was anything else than a dagger, but it wouldn't have required that silly excuse "a knife is not a weapon hence he can't project it"

I think it's an aneurysm problem, not a mana capacity problem.

>Projection is akin to shitting
>Kanshou and Bakuya are like lose diarrhea
>Projecting Excalibur is like shitting out a melon covered in broken glass
Finally Fate makes sense

Because otherwise he would be too OP. If he weren't nerfed he would actually be able to solo Grail Wars.

Projecting EA is like trying to shit yourself out of your own anus, impossible to even comprehend

He doesn't need nerfed to not solo Grail Wars, he doesn't give a single shit about winning Grail Wars.

No, he wants to win, he just doesn't have a wish.
The man in red just wants to never lose.

Yes he can secondary

>The walkie talkie is there because he obviously needs to say "Rule Breaker".
Whether or not this post is serious, I want to let you know that this made my shitty day alot better.

I kinda love how Archer's looking at this strange contraption.

>what the fuck am I tracing

Feats > Word of God.

If he's done it before, it over rules the author.

The dumbest thing about the Rule Breaker argument is why Gil didn't pull out proto-RB and just hurl it at wormslut when she was about to eat him.

Yeah I know the official reason is "hubris" but that can't be used to cover for Gil all the time. he was blowing a whole load of NPs at Sakura at the end there. Why didn't he come up with the plan a fucking child was able to think up?

He forgot to activate his anti-jobbing noble phantasm.

Rule Breaker is unsuitable for use as a weapon. If you put that kind of stress on it, it would probably snap in two.

Gil has all of the shit. ALL of the shit. You ever play an MMO where you have 30+ abilities and you suddenly need to find that one niche thing that you picked up like forty levels ago and have never actually used before?

Isn't Rule Breaker just the manifestation of Medea's legend as the Witch of Betrayals, and not an actual weapon that existed? If that's the case, it doesn't have a prototype that Gil can possess.

It's actually her divinity which is why she lacks it as a skill.

He can secondary kun.
Shirou projects rule breaker in HF.

Shirou =/= Archer

Shirou=archer
Also don't fucking tell me shirou is better in projection magic than archer.

You're the one making shit up

I like how even without a quote, this is equally true.

For

>The walkie talkie is there because he obviously needs to say "Rule Breaker".
More fate threads need to be like this

In the words of Gilgamesh himself
"your things are my things!"

Gilgamesh doesn't even know all the things in his treasury. He probably has a proto-RB in there somewhere but that doesn't mean he knew about it.

youtu.be/oSPKAB70xtg?t=37

To be fair, without all that nerfing, Archer would be one of the strongest Servants of all time, beating out even Gil. If he can project and spam Rule Breaker he can sever the contract between every other Master and Servant, throwing the grail war into chaos while he picks off the helpless enemy Masters one by one. Nasu probably nerfed him to prevent shit like that from happening.

>Archer would be one of the strongest Servants of all time

That's not how Rule Breaker works you fuck

He would've wrecked Bersercar if Nasu didn't restrict him. I won't say he could beat Gil because he always has Ea for an instant win.

>Archer using bows
Nice edit fag

He's not completely wrong. Nasu loves downplaying his protags for the underdog effect which is why Shirou/Archer have had so many limitations pegged on their abilities. Get rid of some of those limitations and Emiya can be a serious threat to even top-tier Servants. God bless the CCC devs for animating the Excalipoor and thereby making Nasu roll with it.

>If Archer was a lot stronger than he's supposed to be then he would be a top-tier Servant!
We've already seen him go against top-tier Servants went he's not gimped. Guess what happens?
Hint: He gets his shit wrecked.

I believe there is some dialog in Fate Go about Archer thinking about taping Rule Breaker to Hrunting.

Can't say that means he can do it, just that it's a thing someone somewhere has aknowledged.

Every day until you like it.

I am the fin of my fish.

Nasu still made sure to add on the limitation that it can only be done in the Moon Cell.

And then the game devs took that and let Archer use Galatine and Gae Bolg as well.

He definitely projects a blanket at least.

He can project anything within certain limitations, but swords are just easiest for him. See, since swords are automatically recorded in Unlimited Blade Works, Shirou can simply retrieve the blueprint from his soul and copy/paste off of that. But with anything else, he basically has to create it from scratch entirely from memory.

He's right though. Gilgamesh did say that his treasury far exceeds his knowledge.

Saber would wreck his shit if she were serious.

wat if its used for a ritual sacrifice.

>Redman
I really like this nickname

That would technically count as a weapon. It is designed to cause harm to another human beings, after all.

It doesn't have to be only swords.

Rho Aias is a famous shield that Archer projected.

living thing*
fuck

Fuck off newfag. If you played the VN, Archer's nickname from F/SN was the Blacksmith Servant.

Blacksmiths make more things than just swords.

Smiths who only make swords are known as swordsmiths on the other hand.

Tracing techniques and experience is overpowered as fuck no matter how you put it, especially when you look at how fake assassin fought saber while having dumpster stats

Saber can't do shit 4km away

shirou is better in projection magic than archer. he made a good enough replica of caliburn.

If it were Alter, she'd just Excalibur him, victims be damned.

His passive skill "Jobbing" (EX) is too stronk

Caliburn isn't divine-forged.

If Archer and Lancer could cooperate you could tape the rule breaker to the gay bulge. Doesn't Gae Bolg have some of Lancer's maryoku in it so it can do the things it does?

She could dodge. She did that a lot, what would be different?

I appreciate the effort you put into this. Thanks for the laugh friend.

IIRC Archer can project an NP but he can't use the NP i.e. he can project gay bulge but can't use 'Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death'.

>Feats > Word of God.
Only literal retards believe they know more than the author about his own universe

You're wrong. When Archer uses Gae Bolg, he temporarily becomes Cu, himself, just like how Shirou was temporarily Hercules when using Nine Lives.

Otherwise, Shirou would have projected a useless axe sword made of stone.

They could cooperate, like said.
Though, Archer is not needed at all in this case. Cu can launch his spear himself; all he needs to do is sturdily tape the Rule Breaker onto it so it won't fall off while it's blitzing around.

Rho Aias isn't a weapon either but he can project it, retard.

You can murder a man with a shield if you try hard enough.

>Literally done it before in the material
>Somehow the author backtracking because he realizes he fucked up by making the character to strong is our fault

It's not uncommon for Nasu to retcon stuff.

You can also murder a man with a """"ritual""""" fucking knife.

POST BEST FATE COUPLES NOW!

They're a match made in heaven.

to cute