ITT: Post OC

ITT: Post OC.

Back in the day, Sup Forums was a wellspring of OC. What happened since then?

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way
knowyourmeme.com/memes/kyoani-finds-a-way
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
youtube.com/watch?v=yEXh9gPo7MY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Since 2015 whenever you came up with any new OC it would be flagged as reddit,etc, and is very discouraging so I guess most of people is tired of that.

This.
Also Sup Forums is 100 times bigger than it was back before web2.0 and all that jazz.
Crossposting has gotten so bad most boards are indistinguishable from one another.
I'd rather have tripfags back than all these non-lurking newfags.

Keit-Ai happened. Since then, all OCs have been banned.

I haven't seen Teh Rei and NO U in several years, but every other gets mentioned every once in a while.

I just want to go back and have 40 threads dedicated to DESUDESUDESUDESUDESU spam

Do you appreciate the irony in having a thread about reposting original content?

Man, I miss Meximoot. He was the true Moot.

I do.

What's stopping you?

I'm not strong enough by myself

I miss Bromont

OC has been hated off the board since 2010

I miss all the content creating tripfags from days past. Bromont just happened to be the most iconic one.

Strangely enough, I even miss original cancers like Taiga and Lanced Jack.

Keit-Ai is the last great OC of Sup Forums.

Did KeitAI happen before or after KyoAni Finds a Way?

knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way
knowyourmeme.com/memes/kyoani-finds-a-way

That's Sup Forums OC.

This. The sticky is so ironic.
>"Hey g-guys, could you stop posting bland template threads?"
>Anything with an ounce of individuality gets deleted or results in bans
How could this have happened I wonder

Now the only OC you get is series-specific and either related to meme girls or basement dweller series

All that is Sup Forums styff though

Sup Forums and Sup Forums used to be one board.

Like Anime - Random or something.

But those are Sup Forums memes

For like one entire month when it was created. That meme is probably from around 2006 by the looks of it.

>What happened
Sup Forums realized they were essentially doing fanfiction and ever since then all creativity has been sacrificed for the sake of pretend masculinity and pushing tumblr away.

Ironic shitposting

>teh rei
>Sup Forums meme

It became a business

>Now the only OC you get is series-specific and either related to meme girls or basement dweller series
But that has always been thing.

Keit-Ai is objectively terrible and you should be ashamed for liking it.

Good OC is the result of shitposting. The OP image is literally a collection of shitposts. Shitposting is shunned now and results in bans/gets deleted by janitors. Sup Forums is an over-moderated environment that has become hostile to quality OC. When you see screencaps of threads from before 2010, you see lots of shitposting that would get deleted/banned now, because shitposting was a part of Sup Forums culture at the time.

The knee-jerk reaction some people who are less experienced in internet communities have when they see a post they don't like is to desire more moderation, not aware that this tends to kill communities. If a community cannot retain it's culture without heavy moderation, that means the culture has died and there is nothing to retain. That is only part of the irony, the other being that oldfags and people who create spontaneous content that people enjoy are often also people who shitpost. In 2013-2014 when the one day bans started getting fierce for shitposting, interesting content started falling off of the board rapidly, because people who post interesting content were tired of being banned and left. Then suddenly all you have left is template threads, and then suddenly you get the sticky and threads like this.

But it wasn't always the only OC the board creates.

Sure but its not like that OC was everyday thing as some people think it was

Sup Forums and Sup Forums in '05-'06 and /r9k/ in '08 were OC machines, particularly Sup Forums was comparable to a fast version of what [s4s] is these days, which little known fact is a quality board and daily content machine. I don't expect nor want Sup Forums to go back to how it was, but I personally think that a tolerance for the level of shitposting you'd see in the late '00s would ironically be healthy for the board. The worst thing I see here discounting a thread that's purely irrelevant or that breaks laws is people whining for mods, whining that they don't like a post, accusing people of being crossposters/redditors/newfags, seeing bant chains being deleted by a janitor, etc. It's just ugly and sad. If you want to defend board culture, do it proudly and with your tongue in your cheek. Ostracize people you dislike with clever bants or drag them back into the discussion with a reverse red herring if you feel the need to say something, otherwise the best thing you can do is ignore them.

Ranting here of course, I'm just disappointed in the board. And not because of "newfag" or "crossposter" boogeymen, but because accusations of such is how posters here try to defend their culture these days instead of just creating quality content.

OC gets you flagged for nu-mods and if they don't like the relevant anime- ban.

inb4 404

this. ironic funposting also didn't help, I missed the days we could post sincerely without a bunch of (you) thirsty faggots fishing for replies by being contrarian 'ironically'

Sup Forumsphobia and redditphobia happened

Secret agent user again...I forgot to add that we're all about to get a ban for discussing relevant things concerning an anime board on an anime board that are not specifically about an anime. Smiley to prove I'm from reddit :/

THIS should be the sticky. Mods plz delete the sticky and replace with this.

I like to imagine myself as somebody who creates content that people enjoy and I am definitely an oldfag shitposter. I had not been posting any real OC in like 2 years to speak of but started doing drawfag reqs and what they now scorn as roleplaying related content. Got a Sup Forums pass so I could respond better when drawring, jerking around and so on. Also tried to do paint-along sessions on /tg/ of miniatures Let me tell ya that pass and posting OC flag the fuck out of you. They get you noticed. And the last thing you want here now is to be noticed. It was a mistake to get a pass and I have to be careful about when I post OC because it sticks out. Ironic that posting the same nonsense over and over causes eyes to glaze over and ignore tons of "rules violation" but if it's something unfamiliar enough to catch somebody's eye as they scroll, bored, down the page they're policing, red lights snap on. The summer mods were just deleting every thread about shows they don't like personally (see: Konosuba) and not even bothering to make up a reason. Enough people bitched in irc that it seems to have stopped, but it had the intended result...I don't bother even peeking into them because I know it's a fucking hall-monitor hell with 100 security cameras and people waiting for any excuse.

The TRUE ironing is that now we have not only had 0 increase in quality posts (no fun allowed posts iow) we have the same stagnant shit sitting still in the catalog for days at a time.

It's almost as if people want to ENJOY Sup Forums and do so by fucking around, shitposting, and posting dumb funny images and bantz. But no...now it's trying to be a moderated forum.

Too many leftists.

These new users from reddit never got to experience JIBUN WOOOOO or Rossiu lying/people dying, you'll have to forgive them and educate them in the ways of old Sup Forums.

>woooowwweeee look at me everybody I'm poopin' ma pants!!

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

OC

>Lanced Jack
fucking hell.

Never thought I'd see the day where I'd miss Akagi's anti-moralfag spam

Remember?

Slightly wrong about the reasons for the OVA boom. It had a lot more to do with the guaranteed sales of the global video rental market than with otakus.

youtube.com/watch?v=yEXh9gPo7MY

I was about to call bullshit on you but then I remembered that my local video store in Cornfield, U.S.A. has a few anime OVAs. I mean, it was surrounded by actual cornfields on 3 sides. This was back when the Transformers movie made it to video...I remember this specifically because it was fucking incredible and also they had it shelved with all the other anime, which I thought was a little weird.

Because you see, back then, anime were still cartoons and therefore meant for kids. Even if it was Rose of Versailles or Bubblegum Crisis or something way over a 10 year old's head or what the hell ever.

Even so as late as like 1995 I still had to mail order a lot of stuff as bootleg shitty VHS fan dubs. My first experience with truly butchered anime that I knew about from *direct personal comparison* as opposed to others bitching was the Street Fighter II movie. It is a case study in Westernization fucking up a movie in every important way.

There's nothing wrong with watching Genocyber or Devilman as a child, surely.

It was Project A-ko that really pushed me over the line, user. I'm not sure what that line was, exactly, but there was definitely a line that my mind crossed.

I forgot about mexican moot. 'No u' was a pretty good comeback desu.

Yeah the video rental market is why you see pretty much every adult-oriented OVA from '84-'96 with dubs in English and seven other languages even if they seem like literally-what shit now. Wasn't until Evangelion kicked the door in that you really saw any decent portion of adult material on television, and that was localed to the nips.

"no u" gets deleted at best and gets you banned at worst these days. so sad.

my proudest work

This never would've happened if WT Snacks was still here.

Ohata is the original master.

This. This is why fit has stayed great for years, because of the loose moderation.

Sup Forums has /vr/ for retro video games.

Shouldn't Sup Forums have a retro anime cousin as well? /m/ doesn't count.

Some user slapped this together yesterday. It's not them most amazing thing out there but I got a giggle out of me at least.

/m/ pretty much counts because a majority of retro anime is /m/ related.

All we really need is for the pre-2000 threads to not get deleted. Template threads aren't the problem, they're the consequence of too much moderation. Some of them like buyfag and pre-2000 are healthy and necessary.

Damn dude, I'm gar for archer.

/lit/ is also really good for similar reasons. Philosophy/metaphysics threads there are better than the ones on /his/ and /sci/.

Overmoderation to the point where our lovely nu-mods banned a staff member of TRIGGER. Or take forever to delete ACTUALLY illegal content, while shitposting gets instant deleted. Or when they only delete one post from a chain of illegal posts. Seriously, wtf.

>banned trigger
I wasn't here for a while, what did I miss? How did the mods explain themselves (they probably didn't, but it still sounds rather bizarre).

People are afraid of reddit. I have witness newfriends unironically called old Sup Forums reddit

OC has changed because shitposting has changed. Shitposting used to be about making other anons laugh. I remember seeing high quality shitposting and I used to put effort into making shitposts that were either interesting or funny. I also used to make my own images as well, some of which still get posted. I don't bother anymore because I have been banned for doing it and the atmosphere of the board has changed. Quality OC is spontaneous and Sup Forums simply isn't like that anymore.

That mod is an extreme faggot.

I get called new, a crossposter, or reddit about every other day and I've been here for over a decade. I don't understand the point, it's such hideous and uncreative posting. At least come up with a witty bant or something.

Well, maybe if you weren't such a new crossposter from reddit, you wouldn't be called out as such.

Fart commander.

>mfw someone else called them nu-mods

Language, please.

>nu-mods banned a staff member of TRIGGER
Wait, what?

I'm amazed Trigun made that much money since the anime was a flop in Japan and got more traction in the USA.

The problem is that nowadays everyone blow everything out of proportion, there's no point to oc if it's going to be burnt into lameness shortly after.

That's how it's always been. Memes get stale.

Outstanding. What a bunch of retards.

This is very accurate and not only just because I like shitposting.

Every repost is a repost.

Don't forget Sup Forums in the late 00s. Sup Forums was for a while OC machine too.

The problem is that once a board has a certain cultural output it attracts normalfags who then end up ruining the board.

We were all new once. There is nothing wrong with people being new. Culture is retained by and spread to new members by old members.

Unfortunately what counts for cultural retention these days is to tell anyone you disagree with to "fuck off back to /board/reddit", and to spam report any posts you dislike instead of make quality posts.

If want new members to inherit board culture, demonstrate culture as often as you can in your posts, make quality posts, don't shit up the board by calling people newfags or telling them to leave, ignore/outwit people who do things you dislike, give pets to people who do things you like.

>We were all new once. There is nothing wrong with people being new.
I would argue that it is part of culture to tell people that being new is wrong, forcing them to lurk and become accustomed up to the point where they don't stand out as new any more. Not being new is wrong but appearing new is wrong.

>it doesn't happen any weirder than this

understatement of the century about genocyber. that shit was so disgusting I couldn't forget it if I wanted to.

what was the point of it anyways? become god and take revenge on the world? or was it all just an excuse for violence?

The problem with that idea is that most of the time you can't actually know if someone's new or not, the most popular example being that screencap of moot being called a newfag. It's a pointless tactic that is just false at least half of the time and doesn't convince anyone to lurk the other half of the time, just to dislike you and whatever it is that you're saying. Hostility only works with a coating of humor, wit, or irony, or else a thread just gets shit up more.

Yeah, I haven't a single OC since 2015. I used to make charts, info-graphics, tongue in cheek racial slurs, and dumb shit all the time.

I kinda miss that, but not as much as good manga threads.

Just like back then i would get called being gaiafag even though i never did lurk that place

calling someone a newfag either means you're the newest of cancers trying to fit in or a wizard criticizing said newfag

>what was the point of it anyways?
If you have to ask you'll never know.

Mostly just to get Fairy Dreaming stuck in your head.

>The problem with that idea is that most of the time you can't actually know if someone's new or not
As I said: it's not a matter whether someone is actually new but whether someone appears new. Don't mistake this with faulty arguing tactics of accusing the opponent of being "new" for disagreeing, I'm talking about someone actually giving himself away as being new by violating certain conventions. And this is indeed a way of preserving culture.

I blame phoneposters. You can't create OC on a phone.

If you are browsing Sup Forums then you are pretty much retarted especially if you are mod

genocyber frustrates me because it was extremely memorable and I still can't explain why.

Alright, so you don't like a post and call someone a newfag. What's accomplished?

>"gee, that guy's right! I guess I'll just stop replying to the thread and start lurking."
Nine times out of ten they're just going to fling shit back at you. Find a better tactic, like setting a good example with quality posting or in the very least witty banter. The reason newfags call other people newfags is because they learned it from you.

The battleship episode is one of my favorite productions in the medium.

The music. It's always the music. It's also a beautiful and haunting piece of art.

I still amke reaction images time to time

This
Anyone who can't do basic shit in Photoshop or at the very least MS Paint should be permabanned

You'll never "force" or deter a single person from posting. Ever.

Where were you the day we became one

A hive mind

A united entity

Would you go back? Would you change it?

Standing behind the duck statue next to the pool so that it looked like it had an afro.

Not him but calm down.
>so you don't like a post and call someone a newfag
You clearly don't get his point. It's not a "post you don't like" it's "a post that clearly reeks of newfaggotry".
An example of this is whenever some retard wants to ban Fate threads or any kind of on topic threads.
>Nine times out of ten they're just going to fling shit back at you
How would you know this? I've called out people on their newfaggotry before and i never got a reply on any of them.

Just ignore it or respond in a witty way if you have to. Calling them a newfag just doubles the amount of shitty ugly pointless posts.

>I've called out people on their newfaggotry before and i never got a reply on any of them.
You must be new here.