So after these three Abortions, will America finally stop trying?

So after these three Abortions, will America finally stop trying?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/list/ls064414311/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=azPVumixZuE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

At least GitS had the casting mostly right

Still not sure how they managed to fuck up the script so badly

Battle Angel Alita next year
Akira has been in development hell so maybe some asshat director will pick it up

I'm going to say that the Netflix version of Death Note should just be considered its own thing because it is pretty much nothing like the original.

they haven't do initial d :)

They're making their own anime now.

Starring Jaden Smith.

If they don't have the intellectual property to rape the source material, they'll just plagiarize it.

Probably not. We got outdone by Attack on Titan, so now we have to put another anime under the hacksaw as sacrifice to the gods of poor script. Since Japan is busy again with trying to destroy Full Metal Alchemist, I'm sure butchering Code Geass should get us back in the race. Maybe make Lelouch be bipolar and an avid fan of football instead of chess...

I hope so.

Jews will have to realise that the anime aesthetic does not translate to 3D.

Inital D already fucked itself as the movie has no eurobeat. Whats the point?

fuck off
scarjo was a terrible choice, not because she isn't asian, but because she's a fucking terrible actress with zero range.

I hope they don't touch another anime. If you read the rumours of future hollywood movies and you thought its bad now you havent seen anything yet.

I don't care about having a white actress, but I just don't like ScarJo in anything.

>animes
mate
At any rate, if there's something that could be adapted into a movie format, I feel like Re:Creators has a lot of potential. They already did something pretty similar with "The Expendables" (that's the name, right?) - they gathered a lot of known actors and had them play roles similar to the ones they were known for, but also, it was an original story by itself. Doing something similar to Re:Creators would be taking it one step further. I can only imagine how hyped up the average normalfag would be to see Harry Potter battle Batman.

As long as they can make a single shekel, they'll keep making them.

>Lelouch is Black

still waiting for that Monster adaptation desu

What is GitS doing on that list?

The movie wasn't good, but that's not the west's fault. The source material is nothing but garbage, and no bullet animation effects autism will change that.

hollywood need to compelet the japanese media fuckanition

Monster is the longest, most boring piece of shit ever written. I am convinced anyone who claims to eat that shit up is lying and just trying to look "patrician" online.

wait they're making a code geass live action?

And yes, there would be a lot of licensing issues - just like the Re:Creators anime. The plan was to take a lot of actually famous characters and have them all in a single anime, but because not a lot of people cooperated they went for the original characters route.
But if it's the west, most franchises are owned by big companies, and that would make it a lot easier to negotiate. It would make them a lot of money, too. It's not a totally original idea, too - so they wouldn't even have to buy the rights for the Re:Creators format. Hopefully that will get these fucks off anime, too.

So Tokyo drift?

el spicy opinion amigo

No (at least, I don't think so).

They'd never be so ret-

>L is black
Fuck.

Basketball fan then.

I thought Jews feared the samurai.

And that actually works better.

No. You have to make him a football fan, but not of the shitty American variety. Jst call it american rugby or something, why are you calling it football when you're playing with your hand?
Anyway, he has to be a fan of the football that is known all over the world - the one where you kick the ball with your foot (hence football). I don't know if there's any stigma against it in America, but surely having a guy interested in football would be unique for your culture that seems to obsess over American "football".

Yeah but Alita is James money Cameron.

I still believe in Tom Cruise.

Speaking of which, how's that Keanu Bebop project going?

Edge of Tomorrow was pretty good. I'm not saying it's the paragon of film AND it's based on a manga, but standing alone it holds up. It was one of my favorites from 2014.

>live action thread
>frog 30 replies in
Who'd have thought?

I am and fuck me, I got beaten to the punch! People have already being toying with the idea of a live-action Code Geass, in both the shitty fan-made videos and on actual articles.

imdb.com/list/ls064414311/

I don't know about Death Note, but I'm pretty sure the other two didn't make a single shekel.

That's likely just some random guy who's picking actors he likes, I doubt that Hollywood would leak their plans like that.

I don't understand why the US doesn't try to adapt shows with predominantly non asian casts, like FMA, we cast all asian shows with a bunch of noticeably not asian dudes, then the asians cast a show where asians are a minority, with all asians

what the fuck

how about no one adapts or remakes anything any more

People don't get anime man. Even full weebs don't get it.

No, it has to be American football. Ooh, and to spice it up, add backstory that L used to be the school's quarterback before some random injury.Remember, shitty movies can't just make themselves and you have to go at it with gusto, and even if it seems absurd, double-down on it! Nothing is sacred in the eyes of American media. Nothing~

>Americans
>white

you mean the visuals

FMA is already being tackled.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=azPVumixZuE

Next they will ruin Akira

Aronofsky actually had the rights to Perfect Blue.

Looks like dogshit. FMA works as an anime, but if you try to do a straight adaptation, you'll just get a cornball piece of shit.

Yeah, I know, thats what I was saying when I said "cast a show where asians are a minority, with all asians", that fucking show is set in germany from what I remember, and here it is with a completely asian cast, they should have taken these death note, dragonball movies and let the US do shit like FMA, atleast the intended ethnicities will fit if nothing else

Hollywood needs to make some real mecha anime.
Not that Pacific Rim bullshit.

Something like FMP or MuvLuv.

That's because it didn't try to be Western All You Need is Kill. It took what it needed from the premise and made a solid if largely unrelated story from it.

FMA would get a lot of flak for having a majority "white" cast by people. Golden-haired MC? From a clan with other people that look exactly like him? That will turn nasty real quick, judging by the way the public and the media reacted to recent ones. I'm pretty sure it will be just like the Avatar (TLA) movie - something that people with an ounce of taste will shit on and forget that it even existed soon after its' release.

past tense

>japan gets nuked
>no more samurai
>guess who worked on the Manhattan project

isn't that what ADAPTATIONS are supposed to do though?

>America

Yep.

Silver Spoon would be pretty nice though.

Well, some Adaptions are closer to the source material than others. And it seems the closer to the source material most Western Anime adaptions get, the worse they get.

Except Ed would be a nigger if they adapted it in Hollywood. It doesn't matter if it's got black characters like Rose already.

Honestly, I don't know how true this is, but given the state of people and how easily triggered they are, I can't say you'd be wrong, but if all that's going to be made is a bastardization, why not just fuck off until its socially acceptable, if ever, when people won't whine about it, at the rate we're going with shit like death note, we're going to have a Naruto live action with an all south american cast

Sucks, I feel like FMA has high potential for live action if it was done right, but I can't see this one going well

Agreed, not to mention messages taken away from the whole "Ishvalan Massacre" part that is crucial to the story. I don't think it would sit well with people who have not been through the story before and know that it is not some metaphor. Media reaction would probably hype it up as a metaphor for colonialism or whatever, anyway.

Speed Racer was awesome.

I want an MD Geist 1 adaptation and a Gunbuster trilogy adaptation.

Alright, let me pitch a new idea for a FMA movie. You get the blond people, you get the asiatic people, you get decent effects, and you get buildings that look like the ones in the manga. It's an multinational effort done by most of the European countries, Russia, and China.
The downside?
It's shot in south Russia, and every character speaks Russian, expect the asiatic ones that speak Chinese.

But I liked Speed Racer.

I wish pacific rim never existed so live Evangelion would be made

I'm fine with that. The Russian adaptations of Sherlock Holmes were the best ones in history.

>At least GitS had the casting mostly right
No they didn't

>Still not sure how they managed to fuck up the script so badly
Two words: Avi Arad. Three more words, Rupurt fucking Sanders. Perfect storm of fuck.

>you mean the visuals

No they fucked those up too. Movie looks nothing like GITS. The Matrix managed to look more like GITS than the actual GITS movie

Well

>China pandering that doesn't feel forced-in
That could actually work IMO
I can only imagine how well that one goes
>Oh dear Lord, Shi-- Justin, are you alright? Want me to take you to the psychologist?
>>Misa-- Miss Satou rubs her MASSIVE MAMMARIES seductively on Sh-- Justin's back
>Nah, that's for fucking PUSSIES! Why would I need to, anyway? It's not like I'm a weakling, I can handle getting in a robot and fighting some aliens... unlike a certain someone.
>Justin looks to the right in an annoyed fashion, where As-- Alice is standing
>Aice looks annoyed as well, but for now... they've gotta ride together in the lift... oops, in the elevator
>Miss Satou leaves and excuses herself - she has "adult things" to take care of
>the infamous elevator scene does not last long - once the door closes they start beating eachother fiercely
>Alice emerges as the winner, and she spits in the face of Justin
>"Where's that fucking white privilege now, huh? You fucking MISOGYNIST! I BET YOU THINK AMERICA IS GREAT: HINT, IT FUCKING ISN'T BECAUSE OF SONS OF BITCHES LIKE YOU"
>Alice murders Justin in cold blood with a shotgun and goes on to defeat the Ange-- the Spirits of the Confederates together with her Brazillian girlfriend
>they have a steamy lesbian sex scene at the end of the movie

I have no problem with this. Gunnm is actually one of the few anime productions I have desired a film adaptation of(I'm ). It lends itself to a 3D setting well, and as long as they don't stick too close to the hollywood formula it could be really good.

>James Cameron
Welp...nevermind on it straying from copypaste hollywood. Guess I'll just have to hope.

>He didn't hear of the live action One Piece

What is inception supposedly plagiarized from? Honest question.

Paprika?

What? Of course.

Scenes were almost frame-by-frame copypasted.

Why was the corporations in the GitS movie so set on rebuilding Asians into whites? Did they start with whites and haven't started doing other races yet?

That makes sense, both are awful.

Well there goes any shred of respect that I had left for Hollywood.

Jesus.

Episodic tv shows would be the only way to decently give justice to manga without butchering up the important bits.
Steel Ball Run would be a great western tho

Japanese audiences liked the new ghost in the shell movie as much as the original film. It has a rating of 3.3 on yahoo movies Japan compared to 3.4 for the original film.

I hope that God can have mercy on us for what we do to art.

I know that I would not, were I in such a lofty position of eternal, unerring judgement.

Wasn't James Cameron supposed to do an adaptation of Battle Angel Angelita?

Alita is Cameron so it'll sell like hotcakes on name alone.

Despite shitting on the sources, Death Note wasn't THAT bad.
At least not as bad as the other two.

I don't ever want to see Honneamise and Planetes violated, but I guess its' messages of "we're all the same, dude" and "there are visible borders from where I stand" are pretty needed for you Americans today.
Though you guys already have "Star Trek" which had similar themes - and it did get a reboot recently if I remember correctly: the might not be a need to touch them after all.

I liked Sakamoto Ryuichi's job on "The Revenant", by the way.

Edge of tomorrow was just inspired by the All you need is kill novel. It's an incredibly loose adaptation.

FMA is not Germany, it's basically alternate universe almost-europe.

I still believe it's possible, but I just don't understand how the most corporate assholes in hollywood keep getting their hands on anime before actually talented people want to take them on.

Like storywise, anime has a lot of what the current hollywood scape is missing. Just no top director other than Tarantino (and literally for one scene) wants to touch the stuff with a 10 foot pole it seems like.

It's pretty much Europe - the only difference is how close the Chinese are.

What scene did Tarantino do?

I'd like to see Nolan do his own take at Evangelion.
With Hans Zimmer and Sakamoto Ryuichi doing the OST.

He means the anime scene in Kill Bill, I think.

>Tarantino
Apparently he has considered making two "anime" Kill Bill movies around 2006, but he dropped that. It's possible that he may do a third movie, but it wouldn't be anime. It's not even confirmed that he is going to actually do it.

Seems you ignored the successful one:
ALL YOU NEED IS A KILL

No, look forward to One piece.

If we're talking about that though, the Wachowkis had their Animatrix. And I enjoyed it overall.

Those fucking faggots are to me what Wagner is to some bolshevik kikes. I love their work, but boy do I despise them personally.

He still is, but he has hundred Avatars to finish first.

I'm actually slightly interested in One piece because it has the most ridiculous style. GitS and Death Note were quite easy by normal shooting with some CGI, and DragonBall had a mostly normal setting with a bit of sci-fi and was only cartoony in drawing. But everything in One piece is completely over the top in both drawing and idea itself. Like how the hell are they going to shoot Zoro fighting with a whole katana in his mouth and keep talking to his opponent? How would Luffy's gatling attack look? Plus the world itself is massive ocean with small islands full of quirky aesthetics and they sail it on a silly looking disproportional ship.

It's a loose adaptation of Germany user, writers generally do that when they don't have the time to research history. Even Bradley is called Führer

The disaster of Pompeii will sound like banging a toe compared to this movie

Spy Kids-style?

Don't think they'd have the balls to do it this stylized, people would think it's for small children, and studio would be too scared to lose profits, especially since OP was never really that record-breaking popular in the west.

Isn't it going to be a made-for-japanese-tv show?