Thoughts on this? Season 3 literally never?

Thoughts on this? Season 3 literally never?

Can someone explain to a brainlet what Iroha and Hayato actually want?

Season 3 will happen, Watari is being forced to extend the novels

There is a +100k word analysis that will answer most of your questions.

I'll bet it doesn't.

Hayato wants Hachiman. It's a reluctantly yet violently mutual desire. HayaHachiHarem end.

I can't wait until Yui wins. I will be drinking tears for years.

Anime Iroha is a bit different then LN Iroha

>Season 3
There is not enough material at all to animate another season. Need at least two, usually three volumes to animate one cour.

Yukino aka best girl will win. That's all you need to know.

Can you elaborate? I didn't read the LNs

I know she'll win but don't be so inflammatory. The Yukinofags will be hurt but we should show them compassion. That will make for better threads even if it more than they deserve for shitting up these threads for 4 years.

I hope Hachiman falls in love with truck-chan

I don't know OP. I just don't know.

i finally watched s2 the other day after putting it off. the election arc was bad. the christmas meeting arc was godawful. the rest was ok. there weren't enough lovey dovey moments like in season 1. the best part was the iroha date. iroha is the perfect blend of salty and sweet. and ayaneru is the perfect VA for her. every time she does her 'are you hitting on me' routine i lose my shit.

Iroha is much more manipulative and overall an awful person in the LN. The anime sugar coats alot of her shit, which is really apparent in her OVA. In the anime they made the date seem like a fun thing they did just because Iroha likes being with 8man. But in the LN the date was just a way for Iroha to blackmail 8man into doing something for her, like pretty much all of her interactions with him

What's her fucking problem anyway? She says she liked the Yukino of the past more but they never expanded on that? Is something slipping my mind here?

Also, was the last episode essentially Yui telling Yukino to make a move on Hachiman, else she'll do it herself? Christ, that was a sudden ending

>What's her fucking problem anyway?
She's a cunt and has no friends, so she spends her time fucking with teenagers.
Haruno a shit.

>What's her fucking problem anyway?
I think she's kind of pulling an 8man and being the villain for the greater good

>Also, was the last episode essentially Yui telling Yukino to make a move on Hachiman, else she'll do it herself?
I took that as her trying to force Yukino and 8man to finally do something about their feelings. She knew 8man wasn't going to be ok with what she was suggesting before she even did it. So basically she gave up on her own feelings for 8man and Yukino's sake

shes a cheap writers device to create exposition. its hilarious how she somehow knows where 8man is all the time, and she is always there or nearby. and always knows what hes been doing recently. i laugh every time she suddenly appears. shes almost like the personification of the others characters conscious and their self-doubt, like a spirit creature.

>I think she's kind of pulling an 8man and being the villain for the greater good
That is pretty much stated I don't know why people don't get this about Haruno. Although she really only cares about Yukino so it is not as selfless as 8man.

>So basically she gave up on her own feelings for 8man and Yukino's sake

Man, Yui is so fucking sad. Even worse because you just know she's gonna end up losing.

Yeah, that's retarded. When they got off the ferris wheel, I fully expected her to just stand there.

Iroha is just a manipulative fox who loves to twist people around her little finger. She treats 8man the same as her other lackeys at first but eventually warms up to him once she witnesses all the shit he's gone through to help her out. Happens to overhear his "genuine" speech and begins to think that there must be more to life.

Hayato is jealous of 8man because he is "Genuine" and still well liked by his friends, whereas Hayato has to put on a fake facade of niceness every day of his life - he has been doing so far too long to stop. He is literally living a lie. He does try Hachiman's methods during the double date with Orimoto, which ends with catastrophic results.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. I am not a clever person.

She's moreorless the same in the LNs. 8man being manipulative/calculating (albeit differently to Iroha obviously) is what the anime downplays because that's literally the only reason they even get along. He sees through her bullshit almost immediately, so for better or worse Iroha feels like she's more able to be herself around him compared to others. Not shipping them here before people get asshurt, shouldn't need a disclaimer but you know how a couple people in these threads get.

Most main characters in this story are objectively dishonest lying dumbasses too, though that seems to be selectively ignored when it suits people somehow.

>He sees through her bullshit almost immediately
Yet for some reason he's always doing everything she asks of him

She's cute.

Yea and she uses that to her advantage. Iroha is the real "not nice" girl of the series

>Also, was the last episode essentially Yui telling Yukino to make a move on Hachiman, else she'll do it herself? Christ, that was a sudden ending

yui said 'i want everything.' yukino basically conceded because yui and their group is too important to her, even though she doesnt want to give up on 8man.

8man told her to fight instead. basically 8man wants chicks fighting over him to have a sweet harem.

but truthfully he doesnt want yukino to choose defeat instead of fighting, merely out of her own sense of obligation and her own weakness. he doesnt want their group to become fake smiles and deception, which it would be if yukino surrendered without a fight. he notes that his image of yukino as a strong girl was a deception.

>Iroha is the real "not nice" girl of the series

i think iroha is like the other characters in that 8man is a force that causes her to question whether her whole perspective is actually full of shit, and she is helplessly changed along the way.

I don't know if she's even changed all that much though. I honestly can't think of a single thing Iroha has done for anyones sake but her own

Alright, I learned some new shit now but I'm still not sure about her. I don't think I quite understand her interaction with Hachiman on the train. I'm either missing something or she's just really good at lying and pretending even when there's no reason for it.

>I started wanting something genuine too
That' what she tells him after getting rejected by Hayato. I thought this meant that she realized that her interest in Hayato was just in some superficial way, she was drawn to him because he's popular and attractive, but that she genuinely likes Hachiman and has a more deep interest in him.
But that makes no sense: why would she have confessed to Hayato if that were the case. I just don't understand. She seemed so vulnerable and honest in that scene, I don't see why she'd put on such an act for nothing.

She also never shows up again, or just barely, which is a shame

>I thought this meant that she realized that her interest in Hayato was just in some superficial way, she was drawn to him because he's popular and attractive, but that she genuinely likes Hachiman and has a more deep interest in him.

i believe her conclusion was that instead of using cleverness and tricks to try and worm her way closer to Hayato, she would try to be more 'genuine' and take a direct approach and confess to him.

She wanted something genuine and was swept up by the moment and decided to confess to Hayato. Hayato being as smart as he is realized its really 8man who made her change and who she likes.

Hmm, that seems sound. And what did she mean when she told Hachiman to "take responsibilty"? I guess she's saying that his "genuine" speech is what got her into this mess but what does she expect him to do?

YUKINO or LONER end.

Well he is responsible for her change.
The choice to phrase it as "take responsibility" was just more teasing because it gives 8man different images in his head.

Yukino seems like the obvious choice because she's just as autistic as 8man. Yui is bright and cheerful, she can easily find someone else

>I guess she's saying that his "genuine" speech is what got her into this mess

yes.

>but what does she expect him to do?

she doesnt expect him to do anything shes just toying with him for fun.

take responsibility here is a double entedre used by iroha for sexy effect because its a phrase thats romantically/erotically loaded, or it can be used in a benign fashion. seki ni tottekudasai literally means take responsibility but its specifically a phrase women use after they surrender to men/let men fuck them or let them cum inside.

>she doesnt expect him to do anything shes just toying with him for fun.

Yeah, that's perfectly in line with her character.
What a tease... I don't know if I hate her or love her

Except that's wrong because her entire role in the series is to constantly manipulate hachiman and others to do shit for her. Jesus Christ Irohafags, get your shit straight and fuck off with this ugly whore.

>Except that's wrong because her entire role in the series is to constantly manipulate hachiman

>she doesnt expect him to do anything shes just toying with him for fun.

These two don't really contradict eachother though

meant for

>>she doesnt expect him to do anything shes just toying with him for fun.

well actually maybe i take it back. maybe she is flirting with intent. maybe she knows 8man wont do anything with it. or maybe 8man doesnt do anything with it simply because thats how that scene was written. i dont want to overstate her manipulative tendencies because i think they are overstated. i dont see her that way.

No her role is "rival" for the love triangle so both main girls can get jealous together. She works perfectly as a rival because she can compete on the normie level with Yui but is also not as stupid and can compete on intelligence with Yukino.

>Except that's wrong because her entire role in the series is to constantly manipulate hachiman and others to do shit for her.

shes there to be another little cutie fluttering around hachiman to give him a rose-colored high school life. which he would never have otherwise because hes a perpetually sad fuck with a bizarre complex about how he relates to others and to society.

>Yukino seems like the obvious choice because she's just as autistic as 8man

And that's why Hachiman must not end up with her. He needs a normal girl to fix him, not someone as autistic as him

>it's another irohacancer thread
Why do Irohafags always make shit up about Iroha's character to make her seem like she's a better person or more relevant character? Iroha is quite literally nothing more than Studio Feel's executive meddling to turn this show into a profitable harem show. I know people like to meme that Irohafags don't understand the show or the characters, but it seems like it's actually true

He doesn't need to be fixed

In the LN his harem is even bigger. The fuck are you talking about? What was added by the anime?

>this is a harem
That already shows me that you're full of shit.

EVERY FUCKING GIRL IS IN LOVE WITH THE FUCKER
NIGGA
HOW IS THIS NOT A HAREM?

only yui and yukino are.

Iroha still like hayama. Shes just a hussy who likes to flirt and keep her options open. Saki likes him but shes a background character and doesnt matter.

Its a love triangle, not a harem.

The love triangle is the main story but it is still a harem on top of that.
How is it not the perfect definition of harem?

Not him, but its not whats added, more whats left out. The anime makes Iroha seem less awful then she is

I read the LNs. I don't particularly remember anything that bad. What specifically are you talking about here?

10.5 for example. Like I said earlier, almost the entire context of the date is left out in the OVA. Makes it seem alot less sinister then it actually is

That is mostly fucking with the student council. Towards 8man her intentions and what she was doing was essentially the same.

Her intentions were to use the service club to do her work for her like always. She essentially blackmailed 8man into doing it by using the date against him

And she did so too in the anime. She also made the news-thingy.
If anything she is worse in the anime because the whole process of how she got stuck with that was left out so it seems like she just wanted to do it and use 8man.

Watch the OVA again

I have watched this shit too much.

>it is still a harem on top of that.
Harem requires 3 or more girls in love with MC.
Only Yukino and Yui are.

The OVA leaves out the context for the date, her blackmailing him after the date, and then her manipulating them into working on the paper while she hardly does anything herself. Also adds in the scene where she gives them the camera so they can go on a date themselves. The OVA shines her in a much better light

But the whole "I am happy you were able to use this date as a template" was also in the LN. I remember it clearly.
So at the core just superfluous shit was left out about the student council business.

I'm going to throw you a bone here. You're 100% right, but you're arguing with an Irohafag. Irohafags have never cared about this story or its characters. You can argue with them until you're blue in the face, but you won't get anywhere.

I am not an Irohafag in any way.
What the fuck?

Only Yukino loves him. Yui doesn't, we're misunderstanding Yui by saying that she does.

>Yui doesn't love him

Is this bait? What makes you think she doesn't?

She didn't really give up on her feelings or him. She gave up an easy but ungenuine win. Her little gambit was kinda a win win but a loss loss. If Yukino accepts and 8man accepts she gets 8man, which she is fine with y her own admission but 8man probably won't love her and Yukino would be mostly a friend who sits in the corner until needed. If Yukino and/or 8mam disagree she helped her friends achieve happiness by taking the first step towards what they want, she also sees her Hikki in the heroic light she loves. This choice is bad because it implies to her that he prefers Yukino. She hasn't necessarily given up, I think she has given up on having everything and will settle for something. She is the same girl who is willing to walk all over Yukino in a fair fight for 8man if the side series is to be believed.

Had Yukino said to fuck off Yui would have not taken it as hard and would seem more optimistic.

She is in love with the cookie man.
We still don't know who he is.

She isn't jealous or possessive of him, barely hangs out with him, is only decent to him when others aren't looking, doesn't let him touch her goods etc.

That bitch ruins everything. Does she have nothing better to do than stalk her sister's friend? Fucking cunt.

Common sense. Yui trying to egg Yukino on is to help Yukino be with 8man.

Yukino and 8man being together is obvious endgame, but what worries me is that after Yukino solves her own problems mostly by herself, she'll realize her feelings for 8man aren't because she loves him. Her feelings for him could be exactly the same as Yui's. More likely, however, she's in love with him because he is the only person who has no pretense or anything to gain from being with her. Yukino has always been surrounded by superficial bullshit, but no one tried two defend her or her at least wanted to be around her. 8man hates that shit. He hates the lies we tell each other in order to save face and be happy with bullshit. They're like penguins; they'll stick together no matter what the future may hold, but Yukino needs to solve the mom problem mostly by her self, as she needs to regain her self confidence.

She loves the 8man that saved her dog, not the person he actually is. Yukino, as far as we're know, loves 8man for 8man. Hopefully her feelings persist and are bigger than some crush after Yukino solves her two problems: her family and her feelings.

She looks like she's crying in the volume 12 cover. That could be a bunch of things. Hopefully WW makes it so her feelings are 100% real for him. But WW could entirely make it so her feelings stop being romantic once the series is over. I doubt it, but who knows.

>she'll realize her feelings for 8man aren't because she loves him
I concur, it is obvious she doesn't really love him in a romantic sense like Yui does. It is all psychology bullshit. 8man and Yukino won't truly be together, maybe as friends but nothing more.

>loves 8man for 8man.
Nope

>WW could entirely make it so her feelings stop being romantic once the series is over
Misunderstood as romantic at first but she will realize that she doesn't love him.

Last episode was Yui telling Yukinon she has a solution to her problem. From 8man's reaction that solution doesn't really involve Yukino herself addressing the issue. Also from the end I think Yui wants the club to remain in a perpetual state of friendship. Even though she likes 8man and Yukino may like him too.

I guess Watari wasted all of his time with his subtle hints and symbolism. Those penguins mean absolutely nothing and aren't indicative of how 8man and Yukino perceive one another. All that color shit is probably just random bullshit that Watari had no input on. Yukino's fucking character song of wanting a future together with the new us, wanting the flower under the snow to bloom, and 8man wanting something genuine are all bullshit.

Why even try user? Yui isn't going to win. That still means that Yukino's feelings could still be a falsehood, but I highly doubt it due to everything that has happened in the story.

>I think Yui wants the club to remain in a perpetual state of friendship
Reread the lines mate. Yui says she wants everything, everything means Yukino as her friend and 8man as her boyfriend. She said she will take everything in the end. Yui meant that the club returns to the state where Yukino doesn't like him and Yui keeps trying her luck like in volumes 4, 6, and 7. She is telling Yukino to give up. We don't know if Yukino likes him but we do know that Yui thinks she does.

>That still means that Yukino's feelings could still be a falsehood,
They are. All signs point to it. She doesn't really love him. I 100% guarantee that they won't be together in a romantic sense and that they end will push them apart. They'll both be okay with it.

I really hope you're right

>Yukino's fucking character song of wanting a future together with the new us,
If You take her character song at face value how on earth could you think that her feelings are falsehoods? That is an obvious love love song that doesn't imply any falseness to her feelings.

Yukino does like him. Look at all the body language. During the chocolate event, Haruno kept trying to get a reaction out of her by letting Orimoto be there and talking about giving Hayato chocolate. Hell, they've gotten awkward around each other, as seen with the pot. Then we have the infirmary scene, destiny land, penguins, etc. 8man is gonna be the guy to "melt" her and find the real her.

Volume 12 will need to have them finally opening up to each other and him finally learning about her past and the car accident. The series will also need to have a confession between the two and the big reveal of why the service clubs exist.

No, I think my interpretation of what Yui meant is at the end of volume 11 is correct.

Yukinofags are getting desperate.

>Volume 12 will need to have them finally opening up to each other and him finally learning about her past and the car accident. The series will also need to have a confession between the two and the big reveal of why the service clubs exist.
Nice fanfiction fag. Your knowledge of this series is derived from other series and cliches. Most things will be left unsaid.

That's still on the table sadly. Haruno kinda hinted at it isn't trust but "something far more sinister". 8man is both afraid of being loved by someone else, but is also afraid that her feelings for him might all be something that came from being reliable, the same as Yui's feelings. 8man can only tell Yukino to fight her own battle, as he has no place in the Yukinoshita affairs, but also as a test for her and if her feelings are as genuine as they seem.

She probably will give him the genuine as all symbolism points to it, but it's something to think about. Hopefully the three if them can at least grow from this.

8man wants exactly that though. He wants to finally learn more about people because he's tired of being a loner. He wants to be loved and loved back.

None of that shit happened in ANOTHER, as that was the non-genuine ending. Now if all this shit does happen, does it mean we'll get a conclusive ending where he picks Yukino? Nope, bust he'll at least finally grow up.

That may be true and a possible development but let's contracts Yui and Yukinos songs. Yui's character song specifically refers to him as someone who does things for her, Yukino's is mostly about how she feels while looking at him and how he makes her feel.

Yes, Yukino's feelings can be a falsehood but if you take even one thing from the characters songs there is no way that is true. You'd need to dump them in the bin.

>people still reply to Yukino doesn't love him posts
Really lads?

Watari could be fucking playing us. Imagine the shit storm if her feelings were just like Yui's.

Her feelings are probably 90% likely to be the real deal and they'll be together for the foreseeable future (awaiting the future with the new us or some shit), but that other 10% could happen. We'll learn that we should seek out real relationships, even if 8man has none.
>Best Friends Ending
Fuck that shit.

>Can someone explain to a brainlet what Iroha and Hayato actually want?
They both want Hachiman to fuck them in the ass.

Saika end best end. No one is really hurt because gay's right.

>they'll be together for the foreseeable future
That is the part I doubt, not her feelings. Even if you love someone that doesn't mean you'll be together with them. Yukino's path in life, the one she wants to take, may make her leave 8man and Yui behind. Maybe 8man's feelings for her aren't real. The drama will come from 8man accepting her, not from Yukino figuring out her feelings, I am pretty sure she has figured that part out.

Imagine the shit storm if her feelings were just like Yui's.
I doubt there is a possibility that Yukino's feelings aren't real. I am in the opinion that Yui's are too, there isn't one way to love someone after all. It's retarded to think there is only one way to love someone and only one way is true. Yukino can't see him as a capable person who is willing to do things for her to love him? Why does love have to be one thing and one thing only?

>We'll learn that we should seek out real relationships,
8man might not get the genuine relationship he wants.

>>Best Friends Ending
Doubt it more than anything else people claim. If you read the synopsis of the next volume it makes it seem like a friends end is gone. It implies more that they'll go their separate ways. It will be a loner end or a soft Yukino end. By soft I mean it won't be extremely lovey dovey happily ever after shit, it would be more subdued and let us guess if it lasts or not.

I hope she still loves him after her family problems are solved. She can finally choose her happiness over the expectations of others.

New Yuipollfag tactic?

I just want Volume 12 to come out already so some of you autists never post again

The foreseeable future part comes from mostly character songs and especially the penguin symbolism. That's why I doubt the loner ending in all of this. Neither of them is dying anytime soon, so they'll be together most likely. This also isn't the final novel, so there could be a bunch more stuff to discuss. I think WW would either go full force with the Yukino ending or go a more implied "they'll be together from now on" type of ending.

Also doesn't the synopsis have something to do with Yukino shining as well? I may be misremembering.

Nope. I'm a yukinofag 100%, but WW could just hurt all of us. Bracing myself is the more realistic thing that I'm doing.

I want to kill this fucking cunt

dont jinx it satan

Hayama dindu nuffin