Isekai in general as a concept really isn't that bad, I just wish they did more with it

Isekai in general as a concept really isn't that bad, I just wish they did more with it.

"they" often do more with it (see: The Twelve Kingdoms), its just that you're seeing an influx of lazy cashgrabs

Watch most anyone made before 2010.

You're right that the issue isn't isekai in itself but more the bigger issue that anime is just nothing more than over priced commercials for shitty light novels that never get beyond establishing the core cast because people have stopped seeing the need to actually adapt the material so the anime can stand on its own

Re:Zero did much more with the concept, yet people call it shit, I mean, it's not a masterpiece but it's pretty much a good series.

Name one good aspect of Re:Zero that Boku no Pico didn't do better.

The isekai in Re:Zero isn't even relevant.

Are you saying you disliked Konosuba as an isekai? I understand if someone doesn't care for it, but at least it did something different by full-on lampooning Dragon Quest et al. instead of treating the setting seriously.

The first episode was so awful that I couldn't keep watching it. Is it really that great?

I used Konosuba just as a placeholder for all isekai. I don't even hate it, or modern isekai for that matter, but I understand why people are so tired of it now.

Youjo Senki is a good isekai.

Isekai Smartphone is a great modern isekai show.

I understand traveling to other worlds as a premise of a story, we've been doing that since at least Mark Twain but what I don't get is why do they always copy paste the whole "Hit by a truck get resurrected" thing.

Like whatever happened to magic portals or surely wizards or whatever

What about being summoned by a tiny crap mage to be her familiar

No. There are shocking moments later on where it looks like the protagonist is going to get actual repercussions for his attitude and choices but it never amounts to anything and everything with consequence has been erased.

Seriously just anything but a stupid reincarnation plot. It's so lame and that's not even how reincarnation works. And to be frank if the gods are going to take pity on anyone it's not going to be some lame ass NEET Japanese loser

It's entertaining

>that's not even how reincarnation works.
Shut up, Jesus.

SOON, BY MADHOUSE

tis why Familiar of Zero is the best of Isekai

>There are isekais now where the MC notices "Hey cool, I got isekai'd, fucking awesome." and is hyped instead of surprised when shit falls in his lap
I need an isekai where the MC fucking hates isekai stories.
>I'm in another world? Is this really fucking happening? Are you serious?
>If you tell me the only way to get home is to kill the demon lord or some shit I'm going to punch you
>Of fucking course I'm the only one that can cast this spell.
>WHY DO YOU THREE CUNTS STILL DEVOTINGLY WANT MY DICK WHEN IM CONSTANTLY HAVING TANTRUMS LIKE THIS

B-But he jumped in front of a truck to save an old lady/kitten/loli/the president. Surely that warrants making him the strongest being in another universe.

That sounds like it would get old fast.

SOON BY A-1

That sounds like a terrible idea

Soo Kumo?

Nah, you gotta make it more realistic.
So the MC realizes he's in a new world, throws a tantrum, but eventually calms down and settles down in some village. He works hard for food and housing, and eventually manages to get some level of normalcy going. But dickface God, who dropped him into the new world for shits and giggles, grows impatient and visits him. Tells him about his amazing cheat skill and how he should be out and about, fighting demons, rescuing girls from vile lesbians and saving the world.
And the MC just explains to God how the nigger ruined his life. He'd spent the past 10 years collecting funny images from the internet: all lost.
He'd created a reaction image folder missing not a single meme even from times before he'd even started lurking the chans: all lost.
All his knowledge and experience in the realm of anime and video games: all useless.
And so the MC shouts himself into a rage and even punches his nemesis in the face, at which point he is instantly killed. The anime ends as God reincarnates a little girl for another try at amusement.

He'd have to mellow out as he settles in for the long haul and it becomes a more standard genre-savy isekai, just the MC is always grumpy about all the good shit he gets and is actually rather happy when he has bad luck or people call him out on his attitude

And now it's a generic isekai.

Meh, so it's another one of the many "look at me, I have a special premise for the first episode before I turn to the cliche formula".

The dude is gonna keep following the isekai path, being all nice and shit to people in public but in his mind and in private he's gonna cause a bunch of bad shit to happen.

As he approaches the Demon King's castle, some fairy he saved is gonna show up and grant him a wish. All the girls in his harem that followed him, called him a perv and generally made peaceful existance impossible are gonna tell him what he should wish for. The fairies obviously can't just let him wish for the Demon King to die but they can grant him something else.

He goes on a monologue that he's going to take the Demon King out on his own while his harem takes out his army, and asks for a magic portal anywhere he wants to go. Everyone else being retarded see nothing wrong with this and create a magical circle, and they rally him up to give the Demon King an ass kicking.

The main character walks through, ends up in his room. Portal closes behind him.

is there an isekai that has ever like, ended? literally every one i can think of ends with "AND THE JOURNEY GOES ON"

Yes.

Being the top of the shitheap.

Such as?

Hi, big Familiar of Zero shill here.
That anime ends with the MC and his wizard girlfriend defeating a world-ending threat and then he takes her back to the real world through a portal that can be used multiple times to freely travel. They go on some form of date, and then he takes her to meet his parents, who are probably grieving that their son has been missing for like, months?

What if it's one of those ridiculously linear stories and the MC out of spite is constantly trying to change shit up only to be forced back in line by coincidence and has another little episode?
>Gets sent to a neighboring country to befriend the King and form an alliance against the demon lord
>Seduces and sleeps with the Queen instead
>Utterly batshit series of events results in both countries having a closer bond than if he had just wined and dined somehow
>MC pulls out a little more hair

I don't even know why half of them use it. They could have just skipped the 10 minutes preceding the van and used that time to introduce the world instead and it would have worked just as well.

Why can't they just make the damn shows pure fantasy? What's the point of showing the real world in beginning if they're not even going to use it later?

>Hey guys let's come up with an isekai!
>Yeah let's make it something new and interesting!
>What if it's a regular isekai with a hesitant protagonist?
y'all are some of the least-creative niggers in the world

How about being sucked in by your smartphone because you're a talented guitarist girl?

For once I wan't an isekai where the protag is sent to a steampunk and/or sci-fi world. Preferably with some form of space travel and space-related hazards.

If somebody made an anime about the discovery and colonization of the Americas, would it count as isekai?
Who would be the protagonist?

>Viking warriors
>all genderswapped to be anime girls
Fuck yeah, I'd watch that.

>protagonist gets sent to a fantasy land by god after dying
>god gives him protagonist powers and tells him to go kill the guy that is slowly taking over the world
>god lets it slip that he's the nth 'protagonist' sent down
>the guy is now aware that he's pretty much nothing to the Demon King
>bunch of harem bitches swarm him as he shows up
>he fucks off to ask to join the Demon King
>entire isekai show is one dude with protagonist powers slowly going up the ranks in the Demon King's army, befriending goblin and orc bros, getting a harem of competent goblin and orc waifus
>final episode is him and his bros and his harem kicking the shit out of the next protagonist god sends over

is that creative enough daddy