How?

How?

Women took over Kyoani.

It's easier for them to just make one thing that sells decently I guess

I'd say that's a step forward, Hibike was beautiful.

Kumiko and Haruhi are the qtest Kyoanis though

People seem to forget KyoAni used to be Key's bitch.

What? I like both of them

Evolving art direction, improved lighting and CG capabilities.

Is there anything Kyoani cannot do?

>S2 Haruhi
meh

Haruhi still has the best rack.

A combination of a generation of casuals and KyoAni selling out.
It's not just anime either, as far as I know it's like that with other media as well.
It's just a shit decade we live in.

Help, where's the problem,=

>It's just a shit decade we live in
people from the 90's thought the 80's were better. people from the 00's thought the 90's were better. etcetera

Haruhi S3.

Both are good, but I just can't stop loving Kumiko.

Hibike's(Asuka and Bunchou especifically), Sento and the 4 fairies, Mai and a few others like Shinka can definitely make for an great tournament for which rack is best and leave Haruhi in no higher than 3rd.

But KyoAni still has yet to make an undeniable worst girl/rack, so the search continues.

Make good anime.

I dunno. It's true that in every decade there are oldfags bitching about how older stuff was better.
People who complained in the 2000's about the anime of that time,
were as I see it lamenting the decline of mature themed OVAs and such, which were ubiquitous in the 90's.
Now I can understand that sentiment, but the 00's at least had their own respective good shows.
Even if you preferred the more mature stuff from the 90's, 00's anime were still worth watching.

That's not what we're seeing today, though.
Anime after 2010 have been shit, formulaic commercial bullshit, pandering, LN adaptions ...
Newer shows have no artistic merit. The industry is in deep shit and I doubt it will ever regain the cultural significance it once had.

Amagi s2

based GODani

Stop fooling yourself, what you just wrote is exactly the same as what people were saying in the 00s.

sell more than 50K

I agree with you on most points but
>Anime after 2010 have been shit, formulaic commercial bullshit, pandering, LN adaptions
Not that this isn't true in many cases but i'm sorry to say that this was still the case before 2010. If you watch lots of recent/airing shows like me it is easy to notice all the garbage that gets made. Nostalgia goggles are real you are only remembering the good shows from the previous decades. Aside from that there are some shows that are genuinely good you just have to look for them.
>Newer shows have no artistic merit.
same as my argument above lots of recent shows don't have artistic merit. they exist you just have to find them.

>k-on
>haruhi
>koe no katachi

Sure thing, kiddo.

I kind of want to disagree. Needless to say, there was a lot of garbage made even before 2010, but for one thing there were a lot of great shows that stood out,
and for another even the shows that weren't particularly good still tried to experiment.
Like, think of the harem-anime genre. It's not high fucking art, but you can easily see the evolution from, say, Ranma to Tenchi Muyou to Love Hina.
These days anime are incredibly homogenized and feel like carbon copies created from a basic template.
It wasn't that way in the past. All of fucking KyoAni's and A1's shows these days look exactly the same, irrespective of genre.
Sure, I can watch and enjoy shows made after 2010, but it feels like I've seen it all before.
There have been a couple of really great series, but they are far fewer in number than they were in previous decades.
If you think we'll ever get to see another GitS or Lain or Macross Plus or even Haibane Renmei at this rate, let's just say, that you are a lot more optimistic than me.

Hyouka was the best-looking anime they made

Unfortunate because it was also highly boring

>Hyouka is boring meme
when will this die?

>These days anime are incredibly homogenized and feel like carbon copies created from a basic template.
look at the mecha genre there are tons of shows that are copies of one another, then every so often there would come along one that would push the genre more, and then there would be copies of that new show.
It's just harder to see with how slow that process is.
perhaps I am being a bit optimistic.
But there are a few studios who try new ideas, and are still creative look at trigger they might fail every time but at least they try.
besides i'd put ping pong or uchouten kazoku on the level of shows like GitS, Lain, or Haibane Renmei.
ping pong, uchouten kazoku, GitS, and Haibane Renmei are not originals.

;_; dont hurt me

Happy early birthday, 3rd best boy.

KyoAni kind of sucks these days. It's sad to see how much their quality has dropped.

Mirai is the Future of Anime

You know, it's kinda hard to discuss this topic.
I mean, to me there is a clearly observable trend,
but if I wanted to actually make a "rigorous" argument for my point of view,
I'd have to go over a million things.
If you happen to like the series that come out these days, of course you're going to disagree with my position as well.

>look at the mecha genre there are tons of shows that are copies of one another, then every so often there would come along one that would push the genre more, and then there would be copies of that new show.
It's just harder to see with how slow that process is.

Mecha, huh. I still think the genre peaked in the 90's, with the more mature stuff. Early 00's had a lot of EVA-clones, there was however some good stuff in there. Relevant series IMO would be Code Geass, RahXephon, Gundam 00, Macross F, even though I didn't like it, Tengen Toppa, Zegapain ... I could think of more. The only notable Mecha I can think of made after 2010 is fucking Valvrave. Mecha wasn't great in the 00's, but it sure as hell was a lot better than it is now.

>But there are a few studios who try new ideas, and are still creative look at trigger they might fail every time but at least they try.
Trigger reminds me too much of early 00's Gainax, they too are too derivative for my taste.
I haven't watched a lot of their work though.

>ping pong or uchouten kazoku
Haven't watched them. I hate "pretentious" / "artsy" series a lot, I was wary of those two.
I might be misjudging them.

>ping pong, uchouten kazoku, GitS, and Haibane Renmei are not originals.
I wasn't aware of the Haibane Renmei manga. You're right, that was a bad example. The GitS manga is very different from Oshii's movie, though.
Also, even if those anime aren't originals, it's still true that series these days don't have that kind of tone.

I may enjoyed Haruhi as a whole more thank UFO, but goddamn is the art style in UFO better.

I mean just fucking look at her. Bug eyes aside, you can land a fucking plane between her eyes, holy shit.

>perfection: the image
Maybe it's just your taste that is wrong ?

aren't both of these done by the same character designer? (池田晶子)

>wrong
You mean what went extremely right?

No, there are literally no humans with better taste than me. Your post is proof enough.

But I can see why the distance between her eyes could be appealing. Must be good giving eyejobs or something.

In truth you have me at a disadvantage when it comes to originals most of the recent originals I could think of are pretty mediocre.

>The only notable Mecha I can think of made after 2010 is fucking Valvrave.
more like raping Valvrave. Sorry that was too easy I couldn't help myself

>Haven't watched them. I hate "pretentious" / "artsy" series a lot, I was wary of those two.
I might be misjudging them.
these two are worth a try.

>it's still true that series these days don't have that kind of tone.
Shinsekai yori, or psycho-pass (psycho-pass is shit though)

>You know, it's kinda hard to discuss this topic.
I believe we think similarly in truth. The industry has changed, and the types of shows that are profitable have changed. I just think you have a little too much nostalgia, or haven't watched enough of the good shows coming out today.
As you said in an earlier post that I agree with I take a more optimistic stance than you.

I didn't intend for that last part to come off as mean or as if i'm looking down on you
ok, i'm looking down on you but just a bit

>failed to mention Touka and Enigma

how shit can you be?

>Cactus-Kun's
Is that a shoop or did a sub group actually translate the letter that way in a release?

The K-on! manga was obviously cheap otaku bait, but the anime drew an enormous secondary audience of girls. That's when Kyoani realized they could make girl-targeted series and dudes would watch it so long as the girls were cute enough. They've mostly just been coasting on the concept since.

Kyoani isn't my favorite studio but those body animations they do are top tier cute

>more like raping Valvrave. Sorry that was too easy I couldn't help myself
All I said was it's notable. It's a trainwreck for sure, but it you watch it ironically, it actually becomes a masterpiece.

>these two are worth a try.
I'll have a look then. Not expecting a lot, though.

>Shinsekai yori
While I disliked the presentation, this show is indeed an exception to the current trend.
It was somewhat underwhelming for me, because I kept comparing it to Terra he, which had a lot of parallels and a similar subtext.
Terra he ended up presenting its ideas a lot better than SSY IMO, but SSY was still a solid series.

>I believe we think similarly in truth. The industry has changed, and the types of shows that are profitable have changed. I just think you have a little too much nostalgia, or haven't watched enough of the good shows coming out today.
>As you said in an earlier post that I agree with I take a more optimistic stance than you.
Yeah, I guess it comes down to personal preference / perspective.
It's just that 90's and 00's stuff (as distinct and diverse as shows of those decades were) resonated deeply with me.
And I really hate how shows come off as unauthentic these days, "processed" / "samey" / "homogenized", hard to put a finger on it without going super-deep case-by-case.
I'm a purist in a lot of ways, so I'm very cynical about the current state of the industry.

>I didn't intend for that last part to come off as mean or as if i'm looking down on you
>ok, i'm looking down on you but just a bit
It's cool, I ain't mad.

Anyway user, I'm going to sleep. See ya around.

Wait do girls actually like K-on and other kyoani series?

I think you mean Dogakobo's been coasting on the concept since. KyoAni has done nothing like K-on since K-on.

Left is meme colors and awful fashion sense
Right's only issue is the lighting. (and the fact that there's no reflection behind her

every girl i've talked with about anime has been a fan of kyoani and/or several of their works
and free! doesn't usually get brought up as much as eupho, hyouka, maid dragon, and k-on

you are seeing the reflection dummy

And they were right.

As someone that knows how mirrors work. Then she's standing literally in front of the mirror. Not far away enough to see herself. Though to me it looks like she's standing in front of the mirror.

A female reviewer I saw also said that my wife was cute.

The camera is her point of view looking into the mirror.

Yeah. You can repeat that. But that would mean she's standing literally in front of the mirror with no space in-between the mirror and her.

Or - the mirror is narrow
Or - the focal length of the camera is high
Or - it's a cartoon
Or - you didn't know how mirrors work after all

>Or - it's a cartoon
stopped reading there

I Like them but I also only like free starting days.
Free is shit

They have a new set of sameface now since AmaBuri

Looks way better.