Why do the Japanese suck at drama?

Why do the Japanese suck at drama?

Little nip dicks

Okay, I'll bite. What do you think is a good dark drama series? Western or eastern media; whatever. You shitheels throw around "edgy" and "edgelord" way too easily.

The Wire?

Literally the three series I lump together with Madoka Magica to trigger edgelords. OP knows what's up.

I rarely hear "edgy" and "edgelord". It must have something to do with your taste if you hear the words a lot.

GoT
Walking Dead

Solaris

>You shitheels throw around "edgy" and "edgelord" way too easily.
Look at this enlightened user. It's called bait, newfag.

>BBC 'should learn from HBO and commission edgy shows like The Wire'

Literally edgy shit.

Man in the High Castle

>anime has blood in it

EDGY EDGE xDDD EDGY SHIT AHAHAHA

It's like every few years you children find a new word to throw around like retarded monkeys.

>a good dark drama series
Twin Peaks

>Walking Dead

What's even the point of this post? My god, you're retarded.

No shit, Sherlock.

Hold up, step on the breaks. He wasn't expecting to be proven wrong outright like this. Be nice to the edgelord.

>walking dead
DUDE
HUMANS ARE ALL ASSHOLES DESPITE BUILDING CIVILIZATION TOGETHER
LMAO

konosuba is about as far the edge goes to still be aceptable. shit like date is edgelord, same with dxd and elfen lied shit. difference with date a live is the fanservice and humor makes up for it a bit. but like user said, GoT etc

Missing Devilman and Getter Robo

Will the above post get replies?

>GoT
>Good drama
It's the Attack on Titan of Sup Forums, complete trash. It's also edgy as fuck, it's entire purpose is (was) to subvert cliches as edgy as possible.

>GoT
Writing went to complete shit the moment it overran the book

MUH SISTERS CUNT

Hipsters hear the words "pretentious" and "2deep4u" a lot. Yaoifags hear the words "fujoshit" and "faggot" a lot. Edgelords hear the words "edgy" and "fedora" a lot. You said you hear the word "edgy" a lot. It's not rocket science to presume that you're an edgelord based off of this.

>drama I like: good
>drama I don't like: shit/forced drama
That's literally all there is to it.

Utopia

Might as well not critique, discuss, or offer an opinion on anything then, right?
Fuck off.

>the Walking Dead

"Starter Pack" kinda implies they're popular, the ones you mentioned are fairly obscure or at the very least not as interesting to millennials because of how old they are.

>Sup Forums's simple answer , stop liking what i don't like

in short, get good tastes try expanding horizons tons of shows have come out and theres some gem's hidden in the past to be enjoyed, its true.

Neon Genesis Evangelion. The Sopranos. Mad Men. Breaking Bad.

>Let's agree to disagree!
Yeah, fuck discussion!

>drama that relies on characterization and storytelling (Utena, LotGH, Rakugo) = Good
>drama that relies on creating empathy by exacting violence on infantilized characters = Edgeshit

I know that's a lot for you to take in, but try not to hurt yourself.

>Might as well not critique, discuss, or offer an opinion on anything then, right?
Ah yes, bait pictures are critique now.
Fuck off.

Why do I never see Blood-C mentioned in these threads? That had the edgiest ending ever.

What if it's both?

Discussion is overrated. It's often nothing but fruitless shitflinging and a complete waste of time. So yes, fuck discussion.

>Discussion
where do you think you are?

Except I literally didn't say that? Plus, those words have been thrown around on Sup Forums for over a decade. Jesus, how new can you get.

Prove who or what wrong? I was just asking the OP, if he thinks Re:Zero and Steins;Gate are "edgy", then what darkly toned series do they think is any good.

>bait pictures are critique now
No, but they are certainly an opinion. Try reading.

/thread

Then it's Evangelion.

So what do you think of those series that got mentioned?

Fuck off, you pretentious fujoshi edgelord.

According to your own logic, you're now all three of those things.

Why are you here?

Nice arbitrary opinion.

Then why are you on an anime discussion board? If you want to just mindlessly shitpost, Sup Forums is probably a better board for you.

Sensitive.

But I don't hear these things a lot? This is the first time I've been called any of them.

For the funposting.

Nice tautology.

That's pretty much the accepted standards by which good and bad drama have been measured for centuries dipshit.

But every one of your posts so far is gutter filth.

Thanks.
That doesn't make them non-arbitrary.

I don't think you know the meaning of the word arbitrary.

Neither do you from the looks of it. The decision to consider consensus to be a reliable indicator of what's good or bad is arbitrary in and of itself, even more so if the individual opinions that make up the consensus are, in turn, arbitrary.

There's no such thing as a non-arbitrary opinion.

What if I say them to you many more times, you pretentious fujoshi edgelord? Would that suddenly make you a pretentious fujoshi edgelord?

Drama is one of the oldest and most studied art forms in the history of society. Disregarding the fruits and critiques of that tradition seems much more arbitrary and downright ignorant.

Because formulaic by-the-numbers plot design which leaves no leeway for believable characters.

Not at all due to specific keywords in my assessment. I would have to tell you that I have heard these words a lot, and then you would only be able to presume. Learn to read, ape.

This is some serious autism.

How can you possibly call me an ape if I hadn't told you I've been called an ape prior?

What? Re:Zero it's kinda ok, but no way Stains:Gate and Made in Abyss is edgy.
Blood C, Elfen Lied and Hellsing or Death Note would fit in edgelord starter pack.

Nobody on Sup Forums gives a shit about those shows though. Also, Re:Zero is worse than the other two combined.

Made In Abyss is edgier than all of those, except maybe Elfen Lied.

What a pretentious fujoshi edgelord. Look at this pretentious fujoshi edgelord and laugh.

Those could have been in the OP.

I'm not that guy, but you have some serious autism. That's not what he said at all.

But it is. If someone is called something enough times, according to him, they will be those things.
>autism
Where do you think you are right now?

He clearly didn't mean one dude repeating a string of random unconnected insults over and over in the same thread.

>get good tastes
>posts HxH 2011
Oh the ironing.

>unconnected insults
So just like the OP, then?

steins;gate isn't even edgy

i mean yeah the girl dies repeatedly but it's not extremely explicit meme gore with a loli

I'm pretty sure that OP gave the same insult to 3 shows. I'm sorry you don't understand the difference between the singular and plural forms of the word "insult," ESL-kun.

>MUH SISTERS CUNT
literally right out of an anime

what's the problem here again?

Hibike's drama is also trash

I quite liked Steins;Gate. The route system was kind of garbage and some parts weren't that interesting, but overall it was quite nice.

I liek sum animes that u don't liek, pls don hurt mee

It's not that the japs particularly suck at it, it's that the terrible shows are the ones that become popular.

How can that possibly be the case when the best Japanese show is also one of the most popular?

It's time to die, Pizza Hut Butt

Written by people who are out of touch with reality so it has a lot of nonsensical logic in its characters and their behavior.

A show that aired over 20 years ago

>Le EDGY meme
Fuck off. None of those shows are really "EDGY", learn how to use buzzwords next time.

>being this triggered
I'm sorry that the manga you've been speed reading was revealed to be edgelord dogshit now that it has a commercial made for it.

Drama is what you call a story without an obvious comedic or tragic bent. The events of the story (violence, death, intrigue) are emotionally impactful enough to not need a deeper meaning.
Anime is a bad fit for drama, since it trades gritty realism for expressiveness.

Take Utena. It's full of dramatic set pieces, but they're all metaphorical. Sometimes the drama is real, sometimes it's fake, and sometimes it never happened at all. If it were a linear story about a series of duels over women it would suck.

>this whole dumpster fire of a thread
Just kill it already.

Japanese people literally don't know how to act
All of their theater traditions make for overblown dreck, it's why their film industry is a joke

Edgy stuff there, user.
Also, don't you ever fucking post anything related to Aria in this kind of thread again.

>their film industry is a joke
Samurai films are kino. I guess that was the better part of a century ago though.

It's not like America is known for it's actors either. Jennifer Lawrence is still somehow not out of a job yet.

I find that sentiment extremely difficult to take seriously from a common shitposter. And your perspective is flawed, if there's anything the degenerate cunts who falseflag and pretend to be retarded for their epic trolling purposes like our eternally cocksucking OP really needs to purify their disgusting, pitiful souls it's Aria. It might be too good for them but then again most things clearly are.

>not like America is known for it's actors either
Are you serious? American actors are literally some of the most famous people in the history of the world, for better or worse.

tokyo ghoul

>known for their acting skills
>famous
These are not the same things. Stop trying to pretend you know anything about film traditions or prestige because you reek of shitposter scum.

>thinks he knows about "film traditions"
>disregards all American actors
Wow, you're pathetic. Tell me about how Humphrey Bogart and Robert De Niro aren't good actors.

There are some good actors, but the majority aren't. It's just like Japan

This makes me think you have never seen Japanese "actors". There's a whole mountain between the quality of Japanese actors and bad American actors.

>backpedaling

Please dont put Steins;Gate together with Rezero.

I haven't watched made in the abyss, how is it edgy it looks like moe breath of the wild