Weekend scanlation thread. What are you working on, Sup Forums?

Weekend scanlation thread. What are you working on, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=32376
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=37184
suruga-ya.jp/product/detail/ZHOI40021
my.mixtape.moe/rzsdud.mp4
github.com/MinoMino/mindl
mediafire.com/view/n58mw1uum597df5/0053.jpg
epson.com/For-Work/Scanners/Photo-and-Graphics/Epson-Perfection-V550-Photo-Color-Scanner/p/B11B210201
amazon.com/Canon-CanoScan-MKII-Negative-Scanner/dp/B00AGV7TQG
www63.zippyshare.com/v/eURruewv/file.html
exhentai.org/g/1113055/b119beeca1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's the best store to get digitals from? Does anyone take requests?

EBJ, then Rakuten, and maybe Kindle if those two don't work out.

EBJ, depends what you want though.

>じゅり
How would you romanize this name? Jully/Juri/Juuri?
I've only ever seen a jap use it as a twitter username and they went with Jully. But I'm not sure if that would be too gaijin sounding.

Jerry.

Julie?

Can someone provide raws for this (1 volume)
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=32376

or this (Volume3-4)?
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=37184

Juri.

>find doujin reseller
>last one left
>buy some stuff
>comes in the mail
>all there
>check the internet
>no .pdf
>no .zip
>no galleries
How do I into scanning? I want to save this stuff on different hard drives in case something happens to my stuff.

You have to basically destroy it in order to scan it so if it's the last copy you may want to just hold on to it instead.

You put these piece of paper on that scanner, on top of the lid, not on the glass, that would be dumb, then you hit scan.

Don't bother taking apart the doujin either, that's a waste. When you hit scan when the doujin is on top of the lid, it just scans the whole thing.

just debind then save all that in a special package

Which doujinshi?

It's probably rare and unscanned because it's shit and everybody already threw away their copy. There's probably better things you can do with your time than preserve garbage.

That's not true, there are actually some really good doujin out there.

suruga-ya.jp/product/detail/ZHOI40021

I want to get that, but I also don't want to drop 140$ on it.

I may or may not work on some fanfiction I plotted out

I might scan a few books if the hurricane doesn't kill me.

If it does kill you, can I have those books?

What are some good keybinds

Is there an easy way to rotate something to align horizontally in Photoshop? Tired of drawing a line/moving to a line/slowly incrementing .01 until it aligns perfectly.

Pic is what I do: draw a green/red line and just make it so it's like 0-10 pixel difference between left and right and call it a day usually. I could just use a ruler for the line but whatever.

Can you scan 100 or so books in my stead?

Am I misunderstanding what you are doing?
Use the ruler tool and then Image > Image Rotation > Arbitrary.

I have roughly 1000 doujin of my own that need to be scanned still, but I can work on them.

Ruler tool and click the straighten layer button.

You're so dumb user.

We have a deal, then. Come find my body and follow the clues to my house.

I like to bind the full press left trigger to activate gyro mouse mode, half press right trigger to mouse click and the X button to the delete key. This way I can delete the text in textboxes without having to use a mouse.

That's what I was looking for, thanks. It was using a ruler on the image itself, not as a guide that was fucking me up.

Just scan it already

It's been scanned. Just needs rotating/cropping because my first scan batch was cropped because of scanner dead zones and I wanted to rescan without the crop, which means I now have to rotate every single damn one (at least until I can make my own pseudo-rulers to put in my scanner to align B5 doujins).

What are some ways to clean these type of edges? Currently I'm doing masking and leveling the section, but would be nice to know some alternatives.

What's the best way to straighten a crop a page?
This is how I do it.
my.mixtape.moe/rzsdud.mp4

It's accurate, but kind of slow.

You can try sharpen/denoise, but shit scans are kinda just shit. If the scanner doesn't wanna destroy their book to flatten the pages you're probably better off redrawing.

Any scripts for ripping from bookwalker? Tried making my own, but it'd always skits out about the file not being safe or whatever the specific console error was.

I just finished spending like over an hour scanning a 154 page book. I need a pizza now.

>would be nice to know some alternatives

A proper scan.

They don't want to destroy the book, so no chance of a proper scan. Was asking help getting rid of the dark edges. It takes me a long time and a few passes with leveling to get to here and It's quite time consuming. Is there other ways?

As someone already suggested, you may just have to redraw the edges.

Dodge and Burn tool

Tell them to fuck off, don't clean that shit.

You'd probably save time if you worked minimum wage to pay for the raws and scanned them yourself.

Sometimes when I especially can't be bothered I just cut it off.

Seems like it's just one of those time consuming process. Thanks for the advice.
I've tried offering them I'm willing to pay for the book if they bend the pages. However they don't want to buy the books I want.

Heavy Object Vol.14 Character Designs

Left to right
Katalina, Silverking, Dorothea.
Piranirie, Thomas.

Link the book.

Fuck em then

DoraBmon on toranoana

Is there any way to get someone to purchase and scan something that was only included as a bonus exclusive to a physical release of a magazine issue? If so: how? Is anyone here in a position to help me?

I'm trying to preserve a digital record of a certain artist's work, and the only reprint of their debut work, originally released in 1986, was released exclusively as an incentive to make people buy the physical copy of a Bessatsu magazine a few months back. As such, no scans of it exist, and I don't think that I can somehow order that magazine. Does anyone know what I can do, or have any advice?

Check Suruga, Mandarake, Amazon, or Yahoo auctions and see if it pops up.

What makes that one worth so much? I've never seen any doujinshi sold at Surugaya in my genres for greater than JPY3000.

I've been in this position many times as someone who mostly reads older works. Usually things like that are next to impossible to find for sale online. You may want to fly to Japan and comb through used bookstores.

github.com/MinoMino/mindl

This used to work but it was getting banned

It's obviously "Juri".
>Jully
>Juuri
I don't even...

Is there something like raws exchange where I can trade super rare scans with other (preferably japanese) nerds

Yeah, but if I'll tell you, then I'd have to kill you.

Yesterday a scanned like 360 pages of doujin.
I need to crop and straighten them all. I'm down to 150 left, anyone want to help out and do 75 for me?

The chinks are hoarding a ton of raws. They release scanlations though. Have no idea how to contact their groups though.

A lot of them are on exhentai, and a good number of them speak English.

I don't care about hentai, I want regular manga

Regular manga is pretty easy to buy though if you want to scan it. Plenty of rare doujins that are basically impossible to buy.

Hey guys,
is it possible to rip cmoa's reader? For now I just take screenshots with Firefox's command line.
Their desktop app downloads the magazine into /AppData/Local but everything is unviewable from there.

How do you guys handle color pages when you're scanning and cleaning them?

I scan them in 1200 dpi.
Then I use Neat Image to filter off most of the morrié.
Then I use Sattva to filter off the rest of the morrié.
Next I use an unsharpen mask to clear the image up a little.
Lastly I down downscale it to 600 dpi so it doesn't eat up so much my processor while working with it.

This is what the original looked like.
mediafire.com/view/n58mw1uum597df5/0053.jpg

It's from an issue of Comic High that's almost 10 years old.

Thanks, user. Guess I'll keep an eye on updates.

bump

I wish scanlation discussion was not so dead.

You just gotta need qq most of the time. It is like the skype to them.

Looking good. What scanner did you use?

IIRC, cmoa's desktop reader encrypts files only when saving them to disk (files downloaded from the server are not encrypted), so you can use Fiddler to sniff the HTTP traffic and get the images that way. Many books there come in retarded formats like .book or .lvf but sometimes you can get .jpg ones.

Jyuri
which as other anons pointed out, probably translates to julie

epson.com/For-Work/Scanners/Photo-and-Graphics/Epson-Perfection-V550-Photo-Color-Scanner/p/B11B210201

That one. Though, I'm not exactly crazy about it.

I often wonder what the best scanner for manga is. I don't even know if there is a way to really tell.

I have like 150$ to buy a scanner, any good recommendations?
The old one suffered a discharge after one storm

amazon.com/Canon-CanoScan-MKII-Negative-Scanner/dp/B00AGV7TQG

What exactly makes this scanner better than others?

will anyone translate Togashi's oneshot? I thought some big group would have done by now

I found the raw
www63.zippyshare.com/v/eURruewv/file.html

How do you get out of scanlating? I work on so many projects and I don't want to quit midway but somehow I keep getting coaxed into picking up more things.

Learn to say NO

Please user, we're counting on you..!

>Super secret rare scans

Like what? Most manga are pretty easy to at least find. Older magazines, on the other hand.

sorry im busy

weekly series make me want to kill myself

why?

Uploaded the scan, enjoy some more demon girl hentai action.
exhentai.org/g/1113055/b119beeca1/

>Preleveled

Why u do this to me user?

I had to use a different scanner, it's kinda crapped.

because ungodly times of night

same

who /Weekly Shounen Jump/ here

nah all shit series

who /weekly shit nobody cares about/ here?

At any rate, waking up in the dead of night to translate is terrible, whether the series is shit or not.

Staying up all night to redraw it every week is worse.

You're slaves, wake up and leave jamini/ms

I don't work for either of those user

You can do it.

either way you're being milked